Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Lost! But Not Forgotten...! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lost! But Not Forgotten...! (617 Views)

Lost But Found Brother / The Son Of Amadihoa: A Forgotten God Lives On / Lost! But Not Forgotten! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lost! But Not Forgotten...! by NancyAgolokigho(f): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good Evening dear friends,

I am here to fulfill my promise. I promised to tell it all,remember?
But before I proceed let me take a minute out to introduce myself.

My name is Nancy Agolokigho; A student of Federal Polytechnic Auchi, A banker by profession,the sixth child in my family, an information marketer and above all A JESUS LOVER.

The story I am about to share with you is one full of A FEW LAUGHTER, HIGH EXPECTATIONS and MUCH TEARS AND SORROW.

As you already know I am Nancy by name I was born and raised in Delta state, Nigeria. I was born into the family of Late Alfred Agolokigho a native of Aladja town by my mother Mrs Votu Agolokigho (nee Joboh).
My childhood memories is that of hunger,hardship, and A FEW HAPPY MOMENTS.
I grew up WITHOUT A FATHER because he was long gone(dead). Apart from the Almighty God my mother was our ONLY HOPE OF SURVIVAL, she toiled day and night just to put food on our table. She would go to the farm very early in the morning and return BEFORE NIGHT FALL. With the income from her farm produces she managed to SPONSOR US TO SCHOOL. On working days we joined her in the farm AFTER SCHOOL HOURS but on WEEKLY DAYS AND HOLIDAYS the farm WAS OUR SECOND HOME & NINETY -FIVE PERCENT(95%) of the time OUR ONLY MEAL WAS SOAKED GARRI AND PALM KENNEL.
No one came to our aid, I can vividly remember how MY MOTHER SOMETIMES PAUSED TO SHIED A FEW TEARS before she continued working. When the BURDEN BECAME TOO HEAVY ON HER SHOULDERS as a SINGLE MUM she had to REMARRY, after much persuasion from supposed well wishers. She got married and still married to Mr Jeremiah Edoh (my step father) few years later she gave birth to my younger brothers Akwa & Oghenemarho(late) . The very day my second younger brother(Oghenemarho) was born into this world it seemed HE WAS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ANGEL OF MISFORTUNE( sickness) although he wasn't suffering from SICKLE CELL ANAEMIA . My mother did everything HUMANLY POSSIBLE to SAVE HIS LIFE. One night it seemed all HOPE WAS LOST and I SILENTLY PRAYED TO GOD to spare MY LITTLE BROTHER'S life and He (God) did.....
He grew up to be A VERY , Kind, Hospitable, Caring, Generous, Masculine, STRONG and HARD WORKING YOUNG MAN . This was 20 years after his birth andwe were living happily. Due to his GOOD MANNERS and KIND HEART he was loved by all (so he thought). He was so hardworking and prudent in spending that when he RETURNED from any Job he went straight home to hand over his money to our Mother for safe Keeping. Although he had little formal education still HE WAS A GOAL GETTER when he settled in his heart to achieve a thing he always came out victorious. At 20 his father gave him and his elder sibling a PORTION of land each. Few months later they both started building but he surprisingly added ANOTHER FEATHER TO HIS CAP with the brilliant Idea of OPENING THE FIRST EVER ALL MALES BOUTIQUE IN THE VILLAGE and this he was able to accomplish through the FINANCIAL HELP OF SOME OF OUR ELDER SIBLINGS, I didn't have any money to contribute because I was still schooling. At twenty-one (21) his building was almost complete and we were one happy family. I may not really know how to describe him but I will try; He was ever smiling, never easily picked offense no matter the wrong done to him to crown it all he was honest full of integrity. I hopefully waiting for the day I would graduate from school start earning income AND SHOW HIM HOW MUCH HE MET TO ME little did I know that day WAS ONLY A MIRAGE...

Dear friends pls bear with me but I have to rest my pen here because (the is threatening to burst my heart open) .I sure will continue in 24 hours time.

See you tomorrow and stay bless.
Re: Lost! But Not Forgotten...! by Matrycx(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
sittin on miss/mrs nancy's lap Dis gona b intrestin, hopin to learn frm it

(1) (Reply)

A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade / Limbo!! (fantasy) / Ecstasy Of Teenage Hood By Philip Vincent Abayomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.