Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like (3159 Views)

Buhari's Appointments: Death Toll Rises To Eight / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by diegwu01: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2016
Minister of Power SW
Minister of Works SW
Minister of Housing SW
Minister of Transport SS
Minister of Aviation SS

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by Sweetguy25: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2016
madenigga:

why is it that when it reached the turn of the south, you added ministers to it, y dont u also add ministers from the north to northern list.
note this federal character u re making noise about it was d north that brought about it and hv always been the ones championing it until of recent.
if this ur meritocracy was smhw tilted towards d south u wud see how d north wud be making noise up nd down

You dey mind the dumb girl? She thinks everyone is as dumb as she is.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by Grundig: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2016
I do not want to be drawn in on topics such as this. But I shall put aside the self imposed embargo on this occasion.

First off, I really do not care about pmb's appointments - who they are nor where they come from. I wish they'd all roll up thier sleeves and get to work.

Now, to the issue at hand:-
To the simple minded you may have a point. But let's face it. When Nigerians make reference to quota system and federal character what immediately comes to mind are cabinet positions and top security posts.

Going by his antecedents, if buhari had his way, all cabinet members would be from the north. But no. He dare not. This is no issue.

As for security positions, I'm really indifferent. As he has to work with people he is close to and trusts. So I'll let this slide. Honestly, I'm surprised there are 2 southerners on his security team. But again, I'm indifferent.

Let's look at positions just below the ministers. I'm referring to positions like director generals, managing directors, heads of smaller agencies and parastatal. With the exception of the following positions (nddc, nimasa, via) every other position has gone to the north. Without a minister, ministeries and parastatals under such ministeries will still function. However, without DG's and MD's the parastals and agencies will grind to a halt. Question is why have positions on these level gone to the north?

Lastly, if buhari had his Way, emefiele would've been removed a long time ago. But we all know the cbn cannot be sacked.
Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by rhymaster: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2016
Divinehenrich:
So far igbo which is one of the major enthic group is being sideline

Ibos are the wailers...used to be a relevant ethnic group but no more! The level of hatred and bigotry espoused by some Ibos and supported by almost all Ibos bar none, has done them in. Unfortunately, they have no clue how to break out of their self-destructionism. Ibos sense of entitlement is one of the major reasons they will be humiliated almost forever except they change and remain sober for at least 1000 years!
Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by DropShot: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Grundig:
I do not want to be drawn in on topics such as this. But I shall put aside the self imposed embargo on this occasion.

First off, I really do not care about pmb's appointments - who they are nor where they come from. I wish they'd all roll up thier sleeves and get to work.

Now, to the issue at hand:-
To the simple minded you may have a point. But let's face it. When Nigerians make reference to quota system and federal character what immediately comes to mind are cabinet positions and top security posts.

Going by his antecedents, if buhari had his way, all cabinet members would be from the north. But no. He dare not. This is no issue.

As for security positions, I'm really indifferent. As he has to work with people he is close to and trusts. So I'll let this slide. Honestly, I'm surprised there are 2 southerners on his security team. But again, I'm indifferent.

Let's look at positions just below the ministers. I'm referring to positions like director generals, managing directors, heads of smaller agencies and parastatal. With the exception of the following positions (nddc, nimasa, via) every other position has gone to the north. Without a minister, ministeries and parastatals under such ministeries will still function. However, without DG's and MD's the parastals and agencies will grind to a halt. Question is why have positions on these level gone to the north?

Lastly, if buhari had his Way, emefiele would've been removed a long time ago. But we all know the cbn cannot be sacked.
Just to correct your erroneous belief, the president can remove anyone he desires to remove, with or without approval from any section/body.

GEJ removed Justice Ayo Salami and Sanusi illegally and NOTHING happened. So, if PMB actually wanted to remove Emefiele or anybody for whatever reason, he would do it and NOTHING will happen.

Let's just say the president is a complete democrat, hence Saraki and Ekweremandu are still behaving like spoilt kids. Hence Fayose can insult him as he likes and still have the audacity to call the president's phone lines. Hence, ND Avengers can act senselessly without any major collateral damages to their region.

All the above instances will have been crudely and cruely dealt with if PMB was an OBJ or even as tyrannical as GEJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by DonOrpzy: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
======NORTH======
1. SGF
2. Chief of Army staff
3. Chief of Air staff
4. Chief of staff
5. NSA
6. Special Adviser on media & publicity
7. GMD NNPC
8. MD NPA
9. Chief of Defence Intelligence
10. Special Adviser on Planning
11. INEC Chairman Mahmood Yakubu
12. DG DSS
13.CG Customs Service
14. CG Immigration Service
15 CG NSDC
16. IG of Police
17. DG DPR
18. MD AMCON
19. ED AMCON
CEO of NAICOM
20. DG EFCC
21. DG FRCN
22.DG NTA
23. DG NBC
24. DG NOA
25. MD NIWA

======SOUTH======
1. Head of Service of the Federation
2. Chief of Defence Staff
3. Chief of Naval Staff
4. MD NIMASA
5. Chairman NNPC Board
6. Chief Economic Adviser
7. Special Adviser on media and publicity
8. MD FIRS
9. Special Assistant on National
Assembly matters
10. Group Executive Director NNPC
11. Executive Director AMCON
12. Special Adviser Niger Delta Amnesty
13. DG Budget Office
16. DG NAN
17. DG VON
18. MD Nigerian Gas Company
19. Commander Multi-National Join task force on Bokoharam
20. Ag. MD Bank of Industry
21. DG NEITI
22. Senior Special Assistant (Media)
23. MD NDDC

================
Aside from having the
following Major positions
to persons from the southern
Nigeria:
================
1. CBN Governor
2. Minister of Finance
3. Minister of Trade and Investment
4. Minister of Petroleum (state)
5. Minister of Foreign Affairs
6. Minister of Health
7. Minister of Transport
8. Minister of Works, Housing and Power
9. Minister/ Chairman National Planning Commission
10. Minister of solid Minerals
11. Minister of Communication technology
12. Minister of Science and Technology
13. Minister For Labour and Employment
14. Executive Secretary of NCDMB

Can we now start debating on how we can petition Baba to start those Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar rail projects? I'm dying to see things happen in my home country so I can brag to my friends and colleagues over here that we have basic infrastructures back home too.
It's so sad watching my country people make so much noise about inconsequential things while people in rest of the world are trying to outdo themselves in futuristic inventions. I don't know of any developed country that got to where they are because of "federal character".
"I don't know of any developed country that got to where they are because of 'federal character'". Now, can we just do away with federal character(from d constitution) and let all appointments be based on qualifications(incl. Integrity) since that's what PMB is trying to do. But my question is, why was PRESSID Scholarship cancelled?. God Bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by Grundig: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
DropShot:

Just to correct your erroneous belief, the president can remove anyone he desires to remove, with or without approval from any section/body.

GEJ removed Justice Ayo Salami and Sanusi illegally and NOTHING happened. So, if PMB actually wanted to remove Emefiele or anybody for whatever reason, he would do it and NOTHING will happen.

Let's just say the president is a complete democrat, hence Saraki and Ekweremandu are still behaving like spoilt kids. Hence Fayose can insult him as he likes and still have the audacity to call the president's phone lines. Hence, ND Avengers can act senselessly without any major collateral damages to their region.

All the above instances will have been crudely and cruely dealt with if PMB was an OBJ or even as tyrannical as GEJ.
My brother, it is worth checking facts before making comments. If you are going to correct me or call me out.on a blunder you better be coming with superior.points.

No president of Nigeria cannot hire and fire at will heads of Certain positions such as.that of the Cbn and head court of appeal. The best he can do is to suspend such a.person. and suspension will last a duration of 90days. Sanusis removal was such that the end of his suspension coincided with the end of his tenure which gej refused to renew. Judge salamis was similar I think.

I never questioned pmb's democratic credentials (atleast not now) but I question his lopsided appointments.j

Lastly, I'm not holding brief for gej or obj. Don't give a rats ass about them.
Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by DropShot: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Grundig:

My brother, it is worth checking facts before making comments. If you are going to correct me or call me out.on a blunder you better be coming with superior.points.

No president of Nigeria cannot hire and fire at will heads of Certain positions such as.that of the Cbn and head court of appeal. The best he can do is to suspend such a.person. and suspension will last a duration of 90days. Sanusis removal was such that the end of his suspension coincided with the end of his tenure which gej refused to renew. Judge salamis was similar I think.

I never questioned pmb's democratic credentials (atleast not now) but I question his lopsided appointments.j

Lastly, I'm not holding brief for gej or obj. Don't give a rats ass about them.
Ayo Salami was forced out of service. He wad not close to retirement at all and all interventions, including recommendations from the Judicial Council fell on GEJ's deaf ears.

My point is, even though we know we have certain laws guiding appointments and removal of heads of some agencies, a Nigerian president determined to kick out some of those heads will do it and NOTHING will happen because our democracy has not fully evolved.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by Grundig: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
DropShot:

Ayo Salami was forced out of service. He wad not close to retirement at all and all interventions, including recommendations from the Judicial Council fell on GEJ's deaf ears.

My point is, even though we know we have certain laws guiding appointments and removal of heads of some agencies, a Nigerian president determined to kick out some of those heads will do it and NOTHING will happen because our democracy has not fully evolved.
Actually, ago salami was recommended for suspension by his peers. Gej took the bait and never looked back.

I agree with your second paragraph. The Nigerian president is probably the most powerful in the world.
Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by jpphilips(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
WATCHOVER:
Op for your info. CBN governor was appointed by Jonathan not buhari and mind you most of the southern position were not appointed by him they were already holding the position before he came to power. I bet you if any one retire you go see a Northern replacements.
I know if Arase was still in service you would have even counted him as one of Buhari appointment. we should stop Justifying Buhari's madness

If Buhari should make a southern appointment, will it be yours for the taking? stop making cases for politicians who benefit from the so called appointments, they are the reason your destiny is so fvcked up, face your hustle, appointments are not for ordinary Nigerians, let the politicians wail for themselves.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by WATCHOVER(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
jpphilips:

If Buhari should make a southern appointment, will it be yours for the taking? stop making cases for politicians who benefit from the so called appointments, they are the reason your destiny is so fvcked up, face your hustle, appointments are not for ordinary Nigerians, let the politicians wail for themselves.
True talk

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments So Far What It Really Looks Like by tempest01(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
" I don't know of any developed country that got to where they are because of "federal character".

Sweetlemon In your attempt to justify nepotism you've shot yourself in the foot with your closing statement.

Just a few points
MD of NDDC cannot go to the north, so why include ouit in list?

Commander Multi-National Join task force on Bokoharam shouldn't be there if you don't include other coming officers

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Fayose Was Humiliated In Isan Ekiti / Photos Of Trump's Address VS Buhari's Own, See Difference / Bokoharam: I Saw Shekau Escaping But Army Retreated At Few Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.