Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

"I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka (47416 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Liquidfart: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
[b][/b][/size][size=8pt]OLD EASTERN REGION UNITE! #anambra, imo, Delta, rivers, bayelsa, abia, enugu, ebonyi, akwaibom, crossriver#
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by TheDarknight: 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

E be like say one nna babe don dey wind soyinka under code oh?

This his new statement goes against his nationalist credentials! Anyway igbos are going no where we must all strive to make naija work! No dodging!

We shall all love one another by fire by force! Kongi park well!
Hilarious grin grin grin

Nigeria's fate is interwoven in unity. All the agitation for breakup is just an exaggerated calling for political concessions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Caveatemptor(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Every people is entitled to self determination.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by obailala(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

Are u for real?? If they need someone else to speak up before they outline their aspiration that means its not worth it to them. And it appears u dont know their political history well enough.

These people u are defending at one time or another where championing interesets of d core north.
Naa.. you got it so wrong; the middlebelt championing the cause of the core north was donkey decades ago, they would pledge support to any 'serious' movement that can liberate them from the domination of the core north. Do I even need to remind you of the menace of the herdsmen in the middle-belt?... Do you know for how long they have endured the marauding herdsmen alone without the massacres getting any media attention till lately?... In terms of farming and food production, the MB is a leader; in terms of solid minerals, the MB is also over blessed. I have no doubt in my mind that should there be any serious movement pushing for regionalism, the MB would be fully in support.

Unfortunately we've never had any serious movement pushing for proper federalism except for some leaders paying lip service (to deceive the masses) and then the southern masses (especially the youths) fighting each other foolishly (e.g. SW vs SE online and offline battles).
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by samsam2019: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
I'm Yoruba and I support breaking up of this evil country

Tired of being put in the same bracket as northern terrorists

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
fulanimafia:

I'm also pro biafra...didn't you know?

Just don't think you can force non-SE states to join you, allow them to have their republic or remain in Nigeria or you won't have a wheelbarrow big enough for the 'market' you'll buy.

The right of association is inalienable.

The Igbos will not force any minority tribe to join us but will welcome and accept those that want to join us.

The Biafra project is for Igboland which is bigger than the political SE.

Our lands were carved into the present day Rivers state in 1976 and our lands in Delta north is all we care about.

The rest of the SS can choose to form their own Niger Delta Republic or remain in Nigeria if they want but I can bet my last cent that should the Igbos pull out, the SS will pull out as well and the centre will cave in.

Even the Yorubas will opt to remain on their own rather than share a country with the sons of ustman danfodio. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
MizMycoli please say something nah, you've been too quiet what happened?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by johntolu: 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
chidozieikeji2:
who told u that wole soyinka have ever supported nigeria better go and read history very well wole soyinka was jailed by Gowon for supporting biafra it was in jail that he wrote one poem titled last turning where he described his life in jail so get that to ur head he was accused of plotting with victor banjo to join the biafra army with some yoruba elements in the nigerian army and chase gowon and his northern army out of southwest but one man who has always betrayed him severaly and who later became presido of this country leaked it and they arrested him and jailed him

Prof. Wole Soyinka is a gift to the Southern Nigerian Nation. He singlehandedly triggered a mutiny by the populace, in Western Nigeria, that led to the fall of the evil regime of the Premier of Western Nigeria then, Chief S.L. Akintola.
He has been constant as the Northern Star on his struggles for an improvement in the Nigerian state.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
eleojo23:
Soyinka just dropped a bomb.
Another Nigeria/biafra civil war will begin on this thread shortly...
Especially for those without something good to do with their time.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Gchimez: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ioannes:
This man is making so much sense as usual.

He is representing the views of majority of Yoruba people.

I won't say more than that so that itchy finger mods won't ban me again for supporting secession.
brotherly they ban me like sey tomoro no dey I tire o.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fulanimafia: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
A word is enough for the wise.

attacker321:

[s]The right of association is inalienable.

The Igbos will not force any minority tribe to join us but will welcome and accept those that want to join us.

The Biafra project is for Igboland which is bigger than the political SE.

Our lands were carved into the present day Rivers state in 1976 and our lands in Delta north is all we care about.

The rest of the SS can choose to form their own Niger Delta Republic or remain in Nigeria if they want but I can bet my last cent that should the Igbos pull out, the SS will pull out as well and the centre will cave in.

Even the Yorubas will opt to remain on their own rather than share a country with the sons of ustman danfodio. embarassed[/s]
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Gchimez: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
Prof for not covering the truth you shall live long and see Biafra.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by ElekeNtioba: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
obailala:
Naa.. you got it so wrong; the middlebelt championing the cause of the core north was donkey decades ago, they would pledge support to any 'serious' movement that can liberate them from the domination of the core north. Do I even need to remind you of the menace of the herdsmen in the middle-belt?... Do you know for how long they have endured the marauding herdsmen alone without the massacres getting any media attention till lately?... In terms of farming and food production, the MB is a leader; in terms of solid minerals, the MB is also over blessed. I have no doubt in my mind that should there be any serious movement pushing for regionalism, the MB would be fully in support.

Unfortunately we've never had any serious movement pushing for proper federalism except for some leaders paying lip service (to deceive the masses) and then the southern masses (especially the youths) fighting each other foolishly (e.g. SW vs SE online and offline battles).

lol u got jokes.....so the igbos would pledge support for any serious movement that gives them Biafra or the N'Deltans would wait and support any movement that gives them resource control BEFORE taking any steps themselves. So u ar saying MB wont do jack FOR THEMSELVES until others start doing it for them....dats interesting.

Again it appears u dont know them. Is it not joseph waku a prominent MB leader who derides d aspiration of the Niger delta and made disparaging remarks abt their quest for resource control. Waku is a founding member of arewa consultative forum. As a Benue indigene his reaction to fulani herdsmen attacks is perfunctory at best while he reserves his energy to attack N'Deltans and others whose aspirations dont align with dat of North.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lol
@attacker321 I prefer viewing these days.

A regional system of government would have been the best, such that, we would be united, yet diverse. But we all know that's a pipe dream, right?

I only wish the inter-tribal hate and biles will stop.

My mantra and stand has always been for fairness, equity and justice.

I did not follow politics pre Jonathan era, but what I am definitely sure of is that this regime scores zero in that regard as far as **** are concerned.

The killings, jailings and outright exclusion in the grand scheme of things is inexcusable.

A true leader ought to lead the process of reconciliation and national healing.
But what does a thick regional cum tribal bigot and separatist like Buhari know about that?
cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by VERDA: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Raydos:
someone that doesn't believe God exists! when will this man stop drinking ogogoro!

God's advocate...how exactly is his religious views related to the the issue at hand??.You reserve ur right to believe there is a God,he also has a right to believe otherwise, God has the power nd can speak for him/her/it self if he/she/it is not happy about the man's views .Seeing how far he has come in life i would say God is prety cool with him.Lets stop reducing the ALMIGHTY as a result of our flawed understanding of him/her/it.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Yes ooo, Me too I'm so pro Biafra, it takes the Igbo indigene and the few intelligent to understand this.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
fulanimafia:
A word is enough for the wise.

Yes, a word is enough for the wise and that advise is for you and your kinsmen from fouta jallon.

Unity is not by force.

Enough of this nonsense, it is either we are treated as equals or evrybody go their way, simple.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
MizMyColi:
Lol
@attacker321 I prefer viewing these days.

I support Biafra, period. grin

A regional system of government would have been the best, such that, we would be united, yet diverse. But we all know that's a pipe dream, right?

I only wish the inter-tribal hate and biles will stop.

My mantra and stand has always been for fairness, equity and justice.

I did not follow politics pre Jonathan era, but what I am definitely sure of is that this regime scores zero in that regard as far as Pro-Biafrans are concerned.

The killings, jailings and outright exclusion in the grand scheme of things is inexcusable.

A true leader ought to lead the process of reconciliation and national healing.
But what does a thick regional cum tribal bigot and separatist like Buhari know about that
?
cheesy

Sounding very intelligent as usual!

Please try and come around once in awhile nah.

cc fulanimafia, Obailala.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fulanimafia: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:

Yes, a word is enough for the wise and that advise is for you and your kinsmen from fouta jallon.

Unity is not by force.

Enough of this nonsense, it is either we are treated as equals or evrybody go their way, simple.

You think anyone takes your secession talk seriously?

When the millions of your kinsmen leave Kano and other parts of the North and SW, we will know you're not just making noise.

You'd really think Soyinka would support your exit if it's not in the better interest of his region? You'd really think I'd support your exit if it's not in the best interest of my region?

Trust me, you won't be missed. Just remember the caveat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fulanmafia: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:

Unity is not by force.

Who is forcing unity? Lmao.

fulanimafia:

When the millions of your kinsmen leave Kano and other parts of the North and SW, we will know you're not just making noise.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Omonigeriarere: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ciscogod:
I do not support Biafra... but I'm in full support of regional government. I love our population we can get something good from it. I love the people from the zone not only that I schooled there , they are industrous

It will make every region to sit up and think outta the box of what to do to improve her economy.

The government is too far from the people.

The government should start from the local government down to the federal government not the other way round.

Local government like obi/akpo in rivers state or ikeja in lagos state should be richer than Abuja cos nothing happens there.

Unfortunately: -

1. the same Igbo man (Aguiyi Ironsi) destroyed regionalism.
2. The same Igbo man instituted coup and hand over to Northerner
3. The same Igbo man silence Isaac Ada Boro who intended to liberate Ijaws from Southern region

What an irony of life!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by wirinet(m): 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Liquidfart:
OLD EASTERN REGION UNITE! #anambra, imo, Delta, rivers, bayelsa, abia, enugu, ebonyi, akwaibom, crossriver

Delta was never part of the old eastern region.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fiizznation: 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
fulanimafia:

You think anyone takes your secession talk seriously?

You'd really think Soyinka would support your exit if it's not in the better interest of his region? You'd really think I'd support your exit if it's not in the best interest of my region?

Trust me, you won't be missed. Just remember the caveat.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by mindtricks: 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
No surprise, Soyinka has been known to be a realist.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
fiizznation:

There are millions of Igbos in U.k and USA are those countries part of Biafra?

Your reasoning is flawed.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by saintandsinnerz: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

If you have nothing to say or contribute to our discourse? Kindly shut up, ignore the thread and go and play with your mates in the celebrity section!
You're too aggressive! Can't you make your point without using insulting innuendos and disguised tribal slurs?

Don't come here and try to tag anyone a tribalist or hope to get them banned! IT WON'T WORK! Now abeg get lost from my mentions!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fulanmafia: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
TheDarknight:
Hilarious grin grin grin

Nigeria's fate is interwoven in unity. All the agitation for breakup is just an exaggerated calling for political concessions.

You have a brilliant brain. Nobody is fooled.

Some myopic elements played themselves into irrelevance and think they can blackmail themselves out of the hole they dug themselves into.

CC: modath, fizznation
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fiizznation: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:

***** But please leave the north & northerners out of your Biafra discussions. We also have our problems and challenges, and believe you me, the average northerner doesn't even care about your Biafra or any other nation you want to have. How many northerners have you even seen on this forum creating anti/pro Biafra thread? Outside this forum, tell me how many northerners are opposing your Biafra nation? None I guess. Well that is to tell you nobody cares about you people living Nigeria today and forming your own country tomorrow. So please.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by fulanmafia: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:

So you want to secede but remain parasites to the northern economy?

I laugh in fulfulde. I'm glad you see why you're not taken seriously even by your own selves.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by obailala(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

lol u got jokes.....so the igbos would pledge support for any serious movement that gives them Biafra or the N'Deltans would wait and support any movement that gives them resource control BEFORE taking any steps themselves. So u ar saying MB wont do jack FOR THEMSELVES until others start doing it for them....dats interesting.

Again it appears u dont know them. Is it not joseph waku a prominent MB leader who derides d aspiration of the Niger delta and made disparaging remarks abt their quest for resource control. Waku is a founding member of arewa consultative forum. As a Benue indigene his reaction to fulani herdsmen attacks is perfunctory at best while he reserves his energy to attack N'Deltans and others whose aspirations dont align with dat of North.
Waku is one man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Many Injured As ‘Soldiers’ Set Ogun Police Station On Fire / Akeredolu Bids TB Joshua Farewell, Says He Was Ondo's Gift To The World / Aisha Buhari Arrives London To See President Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.