Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded (3583 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2016
Please I need ur advice on how to retrieve my money 18 thousand naira from Ecobank.
It happened on 6th of this month when I used their *326# Eco mobile money transfer platform to send money to my brother.
The transaction didn't go through, yet the 18k was debited from my account balance. I have been at the bank twice, Omida Abeokuta to be specific to complain but nothing has been done. What actually prompted this my proactive measure coming to nairaland platform to seek advice is that the body language at the customer service isn't encouraging and if I'm not aggressive enough I may forfeit my money.
I'm still waiting, giving them the grace of a few days though before taking action. I don't understand why a bank will just mess up with what has sweated to earn.
However, please I still need ur advice on what to do if they still don't revert my money after this hopeful wait.
Is their any superior Ecobank customer complaint service to forward my issue to or a CBN platform to lodge complaints?
Please help a brother.
The nature of my job even doesn't give time for regular visits to d bank to disturb them at the customer service.
I don't mind personal mails to adetayoh2020@gmail.com.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by adonismuller(m): 7:19am On Jul 15, 2016
You haven't taken action yet and brought it to nairaland...lol

Try and see their manager they will sort it out
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by infogenius(m): 7:20am On Jul 15, 2016
In addition to what you have done, I will advise you call their complaint centre and table your problem. It may receive faster attention than meeting the customer care at the branch.

Such contact numbers are available at the end of every mail the bank sends to you.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2016
adonismuller:
You haven't taken action yet and brought it to nairaland...lol

Try and see their manager they will sort it out
I have been at d customer service desk twice to complain despite my very tight schedule at work. In fact I had to momentarily abscond from work to deal with the issue at d bank. My major concern is just d discouraging body language I'm receiving. No sign of reassurance. And I'm sure it's very unlikely that I'll be opportuned to visit d bank next week.
Thanks for d advice anyway.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2016
infogenius:
In addition to what you have done, I will advise you call their complaint centre and table your problem. It may receive faster attention than meeting the customer care at the branch.

Such contact numbers are available at the end of every mail the bank sends to you.
Thanks but please....
Will I be allowed access to the manager if I say I want to see him?
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Machiny: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2016
Call their customer care 07005000000...mine waz sorted out in no time..just make sure you have details you used in opening the accout before calling
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by infogenius(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2016
heykims:

Thanks but please....
Will I be allowed access to the manager if I say I want to see him?
Of course you should be able to see him. But the call seems to be a faster option.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Madlin: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2016
This cud be painful bt you jst have to keep complaining. Here is a number you can call 01-2260450 or send them Whatsapp msg on 08087603717. They shud be able to help you out.
heykims:
Please I need ur advice on how to retrieve my money 18 thousand naira from Ecobank.
It happened on 6th of this month when I used their *326# Eco mobile money transfer platform to send money to my brother.
The transaction didn't go through, yet the 18k was debited from my account balance. I have been at the bank twice, Omida Abeokuta to be specific to complain but nothing has been done. What actually prompted this my proactive measure coming to nairaland platform to seek advice is that the body language at the customer service isn't encouraging and if I'm not aggressive enough I may forfeit my money.
I'm still waiting, giving them the grace of a few days though before taking action. I don't understand why a bank will just mess up with what has sweated to earn.
However, please I still need ur advice on what to do if they still don't revert my money after this hopeful wait.
Is their any superior Ecobank customer complaint service to forward my issue to or a CBN platform to lodge complaints?
Please help a brother.
The nature of my job even doesn't give time for regular visits to d bank to disturb them at the customer service.
Thanks
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 10:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Machiny:
Call their customer care 07005000000...mine waz sorted out in no time..just make sure you have details you used in opening the accout before calling
Thanks
Please was urs also as a result of mobile transfer issue?
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Madlin:
This cud be painful bt you jst have to keep complaining. Here is a number you can call 01-2260450 or send them Whatsapp msg on 08087603717. They shud be able to help you out.
Thanks a bunch
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Bookiemart01(f): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2016
Do them a mail....tell them about your experience the 2 times you visited the branch.

Trust me, they'll act.

heykims:
Please help a brother.
Thanks
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2016
I appreciate everyone that has contributed on this platform providing one form of assistance or another.
I just received a mail from Ecobank stating they read my post on nairaland. They are already on top of the situation trying to rectify things. I hope they make the refund soonest.
I'll update this platform on how things turn out.
I appreciate everyone ecobank inclusive, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Machiny: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2016
heykims:

Thanks
Please was urs also as a result of mobile transfer issue?
mine wz tru atm.d money wz deducted wen I wzn't paid.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ecobank has contacted me and stated that the issue will be resolved in 3-5 working days.
I expect to have my 18k refunded latest Friday 22nd July.
I'll continue to update as event unfolds..
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by okomummy: 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
heykims:
Ecobank has contacted me and stated that the issue will be resolved in 3-5 working days.

Trust them for that, the money might be refund back to your account before the then.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by dearie(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
heykims:

Nice of you to have informed the 'world' of how they have gotten in touch with you. I know some will just disappear after getting the required attention and eventual refund and leave 'us' to conclude the bank ripped them off.

Please I want to crave our indulgence to properly explore the right channels to seek redress before making our complaints public. This is an industry that thrives on people's confidence. Once it is eroded...it takes a lot for the bank to come around it.

This is also calling on different Banks' managements to address the knowledge gaps in their organisations to forestall avoidable occurrences that give rise to this sort of gaffes.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
dearie:

Nice of you to have informed the 'world' of how they have gotten in touch with you. I know some will just disappear after getting the required attention and eventual refund and leave 'us' to conclude the bank ripped them off.

Please I want to crave our indulgence to properly explore the right channels to seek redress before making our complaints public. This is an industry that thrives on people's confidence. Once it is eroded...it takes a lot for the bank to come around it.

This is also calling on different Banks' managements to address the knowledge gaps in their organisations to forestall avoidable occurrences that give rise to this sort of gaffes.
Thanks chief and I understand ur piece.
However one needs a certain level of aggressiveness in sorting some things.
I've heard and seen many lose their money to banks due to ineffective customers' service and banks' lackadaisical attitude.
I never thought to use this medium but was prompted to when I saw the prognosis of d refund being poor judging from my interaction at d customers' service desk.
Many a time, d right channel frustrates, there is room for improvement in our banking system...
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by dearie(m): 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
heykims:

Thanks chief and I understand ur piece.
However one needs a certain level of aggressiveness in sorting some things.
I've heard and seen many lose their money to banks due to ineffective customers' service and banks' lackadaisical attitude.
I never thought to use this medium but was prompted to when I saw the prognosis of d refund being poor judging from my interaction at d customers' service desk.
Many a time, d right channel frustrates, there is room for improvement in our banking system...

I understand Bro. Its mostly cases of knowledge gap. The Managements need to know they are as strong as their weakest link and as such should take steps to address their weaknesses.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by AdaAnambra: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2016
dearie:

nicely said. Weldone.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2016
Today is the fourth working day and my money is still yet to be refunded.
I hope these people will keep to their words and rectify things in 3 to 5 working days as they earlier stated.
I urge Ecobank to refund me my 18k o...
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Awee(f): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
heykims:
Today is the fourth working day and my money is still yet to be refunded.
I hope these people will keep to their words and rectify things in 3 to 5 working days as they earlier stated.
I urge Ecobank to refund me my 18k o...

In my experience, every bank has their own SLA. You could try and send them a reminder though, Engcontactcentre@ecobank.com
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by HAH: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
I wonder why people still bank with Ecobank? I stopped using my account since the converted from oceanic.

Inefficient in every ramification, just 18k and they have not resolved it for long, I do transaction of hundreds of thousands on my phone on my gtbank account *737# and not a single complain.

Please After they refund your money just move on they are obviously not serious.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Awee:

In my experience, every bank has their own SLA. You could try and send them a reminder though, Engcontactcentre@ecobank.com
Yea thanks
I have sent them a reminder like twice already.
All they say is they are still investigating.
I just hope they make d refund soonest coz I already need d cash now...
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nigerians, help me beg Ecobank to return my 18k o. It's like 20 days now, yet the bank still refuses to refund my money. Help me beg them o...
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by heykims(m): 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ecobank just refunded my 18k this evening.
Thanks to u all for the concern, support and d pieces of advice.

Though it too u almost forever, I appreciate Ecobank all d same. Thanks.

Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Madlin: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2016
Thats great news. you are welcome
heykims:

Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Rhayour: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2016
heykims:

You are a good person o. Some people will come on Nairaland and lament on what one bank or the other did to them ,once the issue is resolved we no go see dem feedback unless some thing happen again. Way to go jare!. Thanks to Ecobank.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by dearie(m): 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
heykims:

Thank you for keeping to your word.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by moses28(m): 7:39am On Jul 28, 2016
gud. morning nairaland ecobank i have a problem with my account, it' goes like this i went ecobank hall to deposit money into my account before i deposited the money i ask the customers care assistant to check my account whether is ok, she said is ok go and pay in after some weeks i wanted to collect my atm card and she said my account has been ban for not linking up with my bvn pin, she ask me to bring national. id card which i have a temporary slip. the bvn i have is not linking because the age my account officer use is different from the in the bvn
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by AdaAnambra: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2016
moses28:
gud. morning nairaland ecobank i have a problem with my account, it' goes like this i went ecobank hall to deposit money into my account before i deposited the money i ask the customers care assistant to check my account whether is ok, she said is ok go and pay in after some weeks i wanted to collect my atm card and she said my account has been ban for not linking up with my bvn pin, she ask me to bring national. id card which i have a temporary slip. what should i do pls help
you have not done BVN since? Please go with any valid ID and BVN number if you have registered with another bank. The valid ID as stated by CBN is permanant voters card, passport, permanant national ID and drivers licence so they can link to your account.
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by moses28(m): 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
moses28:
gud. morning nairaland ecobank i have a problem with my account, it' goes like this i went ecobank hall to deposit money into my account before i deposited the money i ask the customers care assistant to check my account whether is ok, she said is ok go and pay in after some weeks i wanted to collect my atm card and she said my account has been ban for not linking up with my bvn pin, she ask me to bring national. id card which i have a temporary slip. the bvn i have is not linking because the age my account officer use is different from the in the bvn
Re: Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded by Awee(f): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=moses28 post=47972195][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter / 50crates Of Empty 50cl Coca Cola Bottles For Sale / Cbn: Boosting Markets With Creative Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.