Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt (38854 Views)

Danbazau, Daura & Malami Got Abdulrasheed Maina Reinstated - Sahara Reporters / Buhari May Sack Danbazau, Minister Of Interior Over Defence Procurement / Arms Scandal: Army General Weeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
The Muhammadu Buhari administration says the report of the Presidential Committee on the Audit of Defence Equipment Procurement in the Armed Forces (2007-2015) was not doctored to remove some names.

A statement issued in Abuja on Friday by the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, dismissed claims that the arms report was doctored as “untrue”.

The statement was signed by the Special Adviser to the Minister, Segun Adeyemi.

The report, released Thursday, indicts former chiefs of army staff, Kenneth Minimah and Azubuike Ihejirika, and other senior past and serving military and civilian officials.

But the findings, approved by President Buhari, have sparked widespread allegations of bias.

Many Nigerians accuse the government of being selective and refusing to indict key members of the current administration, believed to have played questionable roles in military procurement since 2007.

Critics cite the Minister of Interior, Abdurrahman Danbazau, who was the Chief of Army between 2008 and 2010, as an example.

Insiders had told PREMIUM TIMES ahead of the submission of the report that Mr. Danbazau was found wanting by investigators, and that he was frantically lobbying to have his name delisted from the report.
The government is also accused of not indicting Tukur Buratai, current Chief of Army Staff, who served as the director of military procurement under the former Goodluck Jonathan administration.

Critics argue that as the man in charge of defence contract at a time of rampant government and military corruption, it would be unlikely that Mr. Buratai is in the clear.

Lately, several groups have called for Mr. Buratai’s sack, after he was exposed by the media as the owner of multimillion dollar assets in Dubai, United Arab Emirate.

The army said the properties are jointly owned by Mr. Buratai and his two wives, and that they had been declared as required by law.

But a letter from the Code of Conduct Bureau published by The Nation Newspaper on Thursday said Mr. Buratai declared the Dubai properties under his wife’s name alone.

The letter, which was originally obtained through Freedom of Information request by Messrs. St. Francis Xavier Solicitors & Advocates, was dated July 11, 2016, and signed by Ijeanuli Ofor, a Deputy Director of Reforms at the CCB.

In his statement, however, the Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, said what had been released in the arms report so far was the report of the audit covering the period 2011 to 2015.

He added that the committee would commence the audit of procurement from 2007 to 2010 as soon as the necessary documents were available.

“When the documents regarding procurement from 2007 to 2010 are available and scrutinised, the committee will then issue its report on that.

“The audit is being done on phases, and the report that was released on Thursday is the third of such,’’ he said.

Mr. Mohammed said the federal government’s anti-corruption fight was non-discriminatory and called on Nigerians to keep an open mind as events unfold.

“No one should attempt to distract from the seriousness of the issues involved in this audit of defence equipment procurement,’’ he urged.

The minister said with more than N185.8 billion and 685.3 million dollar spent on procurement and operations within the period, the irregularities in the awards denied the military from getting value for money.

He emphasised that the corruption in the defence sector had very serious consequences for the country.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/206954-buratai-danbazau-not-indicted-arms-scandal-report-nigerian-govt.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by crestedaguiyi: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
no shame

35 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
How can such an allegation be made and you telling me that a whole procurement director won't be involved. Buhari is a complete disaster.

282 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by todayboy: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
Interesting they are saints from the Fulani clan oya afonjas make one come defend ona slave master

When the west use propaganda and lies take over Iraq and lybia in the past today they can't sleep the entire Europe is leaving in fear now

Buhari continue victimizing the south don't worry you feel it soon

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
todayboy:
Interesting they are saints from the Fulani clan oya afonjas make one come defend ona slave master

When the west use propaganda and lies take over Iraq and lybia in the past today they can't sleep the entire Europe is leaving in fear now

Buhari continue victimizing the south don't worry you feel it soon
omenka would soon come and spew thrash, as for uncle Gbawe, he is in Osun state carrying ...............

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by DLuciano: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
masquerade govt!!

28 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by sammyj: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
I bet to disagree with the FG on this one oooo. Another investigation should be carried out on the two men by independent auditors!!! angry

44 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by ebujany(m): 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Am beginning to give up on this gov. So buratai and danbazau are saints? Buhari no be so o

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Trut(m): 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Interesting
Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Oksman(m): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
The hunter would soon become the hunted, fake anti corruption war.

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by otitokoroleti: 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Those who still defend buhari are incorriggible lunatic

143 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Nogodye(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Haters come and read this oooooo
Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by doctokwus: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
I personally feel pained by this clearly calculated attempt to shield clearly corrupt members of the PMB govt.
With this latest cover up,added to the fraudulent recruitments in the CBN,immigration,FIRS,etc,I have come to the belief that what the PMB govt is doing is:
'probing corrupt members that still remain in PDP' and not a true fight against corruption.
If u decamp to the APC from PDP,an elected member of APC or is an appointee under this govt, u are corrupt free.
It's a big let down,but I sincerely hope I am wrong and wud be so proved wrong soonest, but for now I am totally disappointed with this latest coverup,amongts others.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by oshyno(m): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Rubbish.I bet you the phase where Dambazua and Buratai were among won't be released till d end of this administartion.

Rubbish and ingredient.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
ebujany:
Am beginning to give up on this gov. So buratai and danbazau are saints? Buhari no be so o
Take heart bro, shiit happens cool

24 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
oshyno:
Rubbish.I bet you the phase where Dambazua and Buratai were among won't be released till d end of this administartion.

Rubbish and ingredient.
sorry bro, i feel your pain.

12 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by RZArecta(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Buhari doesn't have the bálls to indict Buratai and Dambazzau. He knows they're powerful and desperate enough to fück him up big time just to cover their tracks.

I still call on the FG to give Dasuki an open trial so we can know the thieves who punished our soldiers cool

53 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by NavierStokes(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
doctokwus:
I personally feel pained by this clearly calculated attempt to shield clearly corrupt members of the PMB govt.
With this latest cover up,added to the fraudulent recruitments in the CBN,immigration,FIRS,etc,I have come to the belief that what the PMB govt is doing is:
'probing corrupt members that still remain in PDP' and not a true fight against corruption.
If u decamp to the apc from PDP or is an appointee under this govt, u are corrupt free.
It's a big let down,but I sincerely hope I am wrong and wud be so proved wrong soonest, but for now I am totally disappointed with this latest coverup,amongts others.

Reality!!!
Thing is anybody who feels this president is not being petty by going after his own perceived enemies and critics is living in fantasy land.
This man came at a time it seemed like the roofs over the houses of oil producing countries were on fire, rather than solve the problem he goes after the man who insulted him in the morning and was only walking past his burning house at the time.
Where we found ourselves, all hands were supposed to be on deck to lift our country out of the doldrums, but PMB chose to be cutting off the very remaining pieces of the foundation of the building.

Some talk about security, security and the economy are intertwined and can never be assessed individually because what ever affects the economy negatively is a matter of national security too, since it affects the existence of our very core, and capable of breeding anarchy.

To the topic at hand, Buhari and his FG have declared Buratai an example of "excellent savings and prudence" with our own Yaradua's Dambazau as a saint of no comparison.

Dasuki hasn't even coughed to the public yet, of the much that is walled up inside him. If Dasuki's mouth leaks to the public we all will not have the patience to wait for 2019 but will route these people out immediately.

WITH APC, INTEGRITY HAS FOUND A NEW DEFINITION.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Firefire(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Buhary is a SCAM.

We warned Nigerians, that Buhary is a bigot and a failed entity, not suitable for the position of a president in the 21st century.

Now, see for yourself. The dressing and cosmetics applied on General Buhary is failing so fast.

28 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Firefire(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
doctokwus:
If u decamp to the APC from PDP,an elected member of APC or is an appointee under this govt, u are corrupt free.
It's a big let down, but I sincerely hope I am wrong and wud be so proved wrong soonest, but for now I am totally disappointed with this latest coverup,amongts others.

grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Nbote(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Don't worry we understand, wen d govt saw d broom they passed over them and by the broom dey are saved. Old thiefs are passed away and have now become saints. Go and steal but by the grace of the broom.....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Firefire(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
NavierStokes:

Reality!!!

Of life.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Firefire:

Of life.
that dude voted for change grin

even our own sonoflucifer is feeling the change too grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lolssss...... Funny govt. .. why Is Buhari afraid? ?
Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Firefire(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

that dude voted for change grin

even our own sonoflucifer is feeling the change too grin

grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Goddex: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
[size=14pt]Only foolish Nigerians are deceived that Buhari is fighting corruption.

Please, what this man is doing is fighting opposition to silence them.
And that is how dictatorship starts
[/size]

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by maestroferddi: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Anybody that believes that this funny fight on corruption is not selective needs...

If Buhari does not believe that Nigerians are fools, tell me how Lai Mohammed could have given the above press statement which beggars common sense and rationality?

5 Likes

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Landloard01(m): 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
OK
Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Bede2u(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
I voted Buhari. I'm Igbo. But I'm currently pissed with him. Have been for sometime. I voted Buhari for 2 main reasons. 1. I felt GEJ's govt wasn't ready to fight corruption and neither was it ready to restructure our polity and diversify away from oil. 2. I felt it was time for the opposition to try their ideas and with buhari being the face of opposition, it was ok to vote for him. I stood in the sun for hours to vote at unn enugu only for him to come on board and declare my people 5%! My vote 5%! He has shown more bigotry than anyother nigerian leader. Its no longer ok for anybody, including modath and other resident apc pple here to cheer this nonsence! It may be hard for me to vote anyoda person not from my tribe after this presidency. So some low ranking officers were indicted in the arms deal but not a major general who was incharge of procurement at the time and who also bought a house (which he even declared) in dubai at the time! Shame!!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by lonelydora: 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
Everybody that took our yam must bring it back whether in Fried, boiled, roasted form. If both of them are guilty, they should be prosecuted or they should allow others to walk free.

Corruption must be fought in totality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
ebujany:
please don't give up,I beg u in the name of change
Re: Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt by Tochex101(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
English is a bitch, meaningless long lecture. Skillfully prepared to provide no information. THEY HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY ANSWERS.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ben Kalu Visits Bola Tinubu (Photos) / OBJ: Olden Days Picture In His Farm / President Buhari At The AU Gala Dinner Last Night (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.