Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? (87993 Views)

Do You Remember Your 2go Username ? / Remember These Facts As You Go Through Life / 17 Childhood Insults You’ll Only Remember If You Were A Lagos Brought Up Ajepako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by BraniacX(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
2prexios:

I wish we don't grow old mate, we were in a hurry grow up, now we miss being kids.

Only God knows what we'll miss about this time soonest. So bad future can't wait.

Find time to read the classic, you'll enjoy it.

I can relate embarassed

Back then i could just goof around carefree and wind up on my dads lap or mom's embrace seeking attention and wouldn't care about anything else around me gosh! I do miss that, hope to share similar experience with my future kids but roles and emotions will be reversed and i will be the doting, overprotective, perpetually worried parent
shocked but its all cool, loving is loving but how would i make my kids love books? That's a conundrum i don't know how to handle, maybe books with lots of imagery will help, worked for me afterall wink
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by naptu2: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Oh okay, thanks. It's been over 20 years I read the book so I've gotten the characters mixed up

shocked Aunty, how old are you?

20 years!
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Ishilove: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
naptu2:

shocked Aunty, how old are you?

20 years!
My dear, I heard you were among those who wrote the bible cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Proffdada: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Proffdada:
please I beg you in God's name, do you have the book "passport of Mallam Illia "? Where can I get it?
I can only "likes" and "shares" but no one has this book. I really need it.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by armadeo(m): 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
yokiti:

You have really summarised the book o.
What is the name of the person that caught the thief that stole his classmate's school fees?

Really can't remember, though I think ink was on the money and erugo bought Ankara that day. Was it the teacher Steve?

Can't remember now.
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by armadeo(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
mohioma:
Who has read College days of John Ojo by S.M.O AKA

Lol. Another classic.

This my eyes have read words sha.

Who remembers the adventures of Souza.

The one that they forced a guy to kiss an anthill?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by armadeo(m): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Generation X peeps.
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Ishilove: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
armadeo:

Generation X peeps.
My dear, Oga naptu2 is Generation A cheesy
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Ishilove: 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
armadeo:

Lol. Another classic.

This my eyes have read words sha.

Who remembers the adventures of Souza.

The one that they forced a guy to kiss an anthill?
Lmaaaaao!! Haaahahahahaha! I remember the adventures of Souza. A typical boy's story cheesy
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by onos217(m): 12:33am On Jul 17, 2016
Samguine:
I've got soft copies of Things Fall Apart and No longer At Ease by Achebe, The Famished Road (Ben Okri) and I'm willing to share. Hard copies of The Passport of Mallam Ilia, The New Man, Toads for Supper, The Concubine... I don't know how that can be shared smiley

I guess this thread can be an avenue where lovers of classics can share with one another.
You can drop them here:onoruke@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by onos217(m): 12:34am On Jul 17, 2016
Samguine:
I've got soft copies of Things Fall Apart and No longer At Ease by Achebe, The Famished Road (Ben Okri) and I'm willing to share. Hard copies of The Passport of Mallam Ilia, The New Man, Toads for Supper, The Concubine... I don't know how that can be shared smiley

I guess this thread can be an avenue where lovers of classics can share with one another.
As for the soft copies you can drop them here:onoruke@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by onos217(m): 12:59am On Jul 17, 2016
These are some of the ones I read:The Lion and the Jewel, Tunde on the run, Second Chance, The Potter's wheel, festival of dance, Things fall apart, and so on. I indeed enjoyed my time with some these books most especially the Lion and the Jewel. I laughed my ribs out. In fact, as at the time I was reading the book, the people around who never new I was reading a book thought something had gone amiss until they saw a book right in my hand with my smiling face buried into it.
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by RomeoMarvis(m): 2:08am On Jul 17, 2016
Ishilove:

This took me down memory lane. Wow!!

I also remember another one written by Cyprian, about an old man struck with a spell of the wandering disease. Each time someone mentions Sokugo, the old man loses his senses and starts wandering upandan distant lands. I have forgotten the name but the plot has stayed with me all these years.
You must be talking about "Burning Grass"
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by naptu2: 4:25am On Jul 17, 2016
Ishilove:

Yes, but you predated the creation. Actually, I heard that you were the secretary that took notes during the creation of the world. Your notes were amongst the original manuscripts that were used to compile the bible.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by naptu2: 4:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear, Oga naptu2 is Generation A cheesy

And you are from the generation before lettered generations began. Generation [size=14pt].[/size]
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Ishilove: 5:08am On Jul 17, 2016
naptu2:

Yes, but you predated the creation. Actually, I heard that you were the secretary that took notes during the creation of the world. Your notes were amongst the original manuscripts that were used to compile the bible.
If I Was secretary, you were the contributing editor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by naptu2: 6:33am On Jul 17, 2016
Ishilove:

If I Was secretary, you were the contributing editor

Nope! You've already stated that I was one of those that compiled the bible, which was centuries after you took notes at the creation. I'm generation A, you're generation [size=14pt].[/size] (I.e. before the beginning. Pre-history).
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Generalkorex(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought i saw Ralia Odinga grin cheesy

I know I've read this Boyslave book, but each time i try to conjure up the memory, Koku Baboni keeps popping up.

Who also remembers My Father's Daughter by Mabel something?
wow koku baboni
and the adventure of souza.
i remember those days.
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Samguine: 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Elymoney:
can I you please contact me on whatsapp
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Profmaojo: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Please send d soft copies to me matthewojo8@gmail.com
Boldstar:

Thank you so much brother. I just received the soft copies in my email. Twale!
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Profmaojo: 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sir i will be very grateful if some of this e-book is sent to me, matthewojo8@gmail.com
BraniacX:

I just bought Ivanhoe recently, haven't had time to read it yet (busy schedule) plus i already have almost a thousand e-books on my pad grin my retirement is gonna be cozy mate (literarily of course) wink
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Profmaojo: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
I love reading stories , send me soft copies matthewojo8@gmail.com
sinaj:
lwkmd grin

The chain is getting long o!
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by BraniacX(m): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
Profmaojo:
Sir i will be very grateful if some of this e-book is sent to me, matthewojo8@gmail.com

Hahaha! They're in folders tucked in folders, extracting it will be a bore
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by sinaj(f): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
Profmaojo:
I love reading stories , send me soft copies matthewojo8@gmail.com
av u gotten it?

Av snt dem
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by litetias(m): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2016
quote author=junnyjake post= 47591669 /quote]

I found it

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by sucess001(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2016
i remember most of these books...omg! so much reminiscence.

please how can i get these books...wanna read them again...
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by junnyjake(m): 11:04am On Jul 18, 2016
cry
litetias:

I found it
grin
litetias:

I found it

congrats.

I wish I know where ours is.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Profmaojo: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Tank man , yes
sinaj:
av u gotten it?

Av snt dem
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by sinaj(f): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
Profmaojo:
Tank man , yes
man?
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by armadeo(m): 11:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
sinaj:
man?

Lol
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
sinaj:
man?
All join cheesy
Re: Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? by sinaj(f): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ishilove:

All join cheesy
lol grin

Abeg o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Three Paths / Lethal Matrimony / Last Gang Standing (Crime)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.