Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,049 members, 7,825,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God (28195 Views)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by igweross(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
ireneony:
Too long..pls summarize it for me
try reading it. Its lengthy tho, but it's worth it. Gives you useful insights about Christianity. Its a nice piece @ winner01

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
Thanks so Much Winner01, God will reward you for using this platform to revive dying Faiths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
TheAlchemist:

God created a world were all his creations that can reason were given FREE WILL!
God could have created a world without FREE WILL, would you have loved such a world?
The most important thing people are missing is that no matter what we do good or bad with the free will given.. GOD ALMIGHTY GLORY CAN NEVER BE DIMINISHED!
you may be able to hold two opposites in your head but i cant. how can we have free will when God has designed and known our destinies before we were born. how can joseph's brothers have the free will to sell him or not when God has predestined it to be so and evn shown it to joseph in a dream?. you have to choose one, either we have free will to do anything we want and God does not know the future or God knows and plans the future so we dont have the free will to do anything outside his plans
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by aleem50(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
DedeNkem:

But you're a fool for believing in an invincible God in the sky you can't prove exists!
hey Mr man, did I quote you? I don't exchange words with nuisance..... Abeg swerve

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
adoyi8:
you may be able to hold two opposites in your head but i cant. how can we have free will when God has designed and known our destinies before we were born. how can joseph's brothers have the free will to sell him or not when God has predestined it to be so and evn shown it to joseph in a dream?. you have to choose one, either we have free will to do anything we want and God does not know the future or God knows and plans the future so we dont have the free will to do anything outside his plans

Did you skip Sunday School when you were a kid ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Ptoocool(m): 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
And someone is out there forming atheist upandan, never caring for eternity when they eventually leave this vain world..

Kontinuu..

Keep hiding under the guise of "I'm still searching for the true God." The ultimate search ur greatgrandATHEIST conducted yet, didn't find any, you're still rubbing your ass on the same spot spewing ignorance.

Hear this: what you don't know, you won't know until you know..

If you like keep searching for the rest of ur life, you can as well tell ur children and grandchildren to keep 'searching for the true god' even when you're gone..

I promise you, you not gon find nothing, so also those who are coming after you, just like those who came b4 you didn't find nothing cos if they do, you won't still be searching..

One quick advice: there's only One True God. He'd already made seeking Him easy cos He already sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for your sins. Why not surrender urself to Him today and set urself free of the deceit and lies of the Devil?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I am just sitting here laughing at you. You know why?

You are now an Atheist right? I want to see how many of your kids you can convince to become Atheists.

Funny enough God will still have the last laugh over you because when you die your kids will draw up a poster or a media announcement and it will start by saying something like,

WITH GRATITUDE TO GOD FOR A LIFE WELL SPENT

or

WE GIVE GLORY TO GOD

or

WITH HEAVY HEARTS BUT THANKS TO GOD.....

I want to see you come out of your coffin and rip those posters to shreds or going to slap the announcer.

Perhaps your coffin would even carry the emblem of the cross and I would love to see you try and rip it off. You guys are so funny

Atheists will come and go but the Word of God will still remain. Many atheists have said worse and died and none of what they said could stop the move of God and His gospel instead it waxed stronger....yet they still want to continue in this futile attempt to punch the wind.

ATHEISTS ARE LIKE BOXERS BELIEVING THEY ARE CHAMPIONS BY FIGHTING AGAINST THE WIND! Doctors call that "Delusion".

This shows your ignorance, so if my obituary reads that, it means your skydaddy has won?

Come on brother, you definitely can do much better than this

FYI There are obituaries for atheists bro, that you haven't seen one in an ultra religious country like Nigeria doesn't mean it doesn't exist

The picture below is one such obituaries

Translation? "She finished this trip —in this world— at home in General Mitre, facing the old Espanyol, at 75 years of age, 05.27.2016; and thanks those of you who met her and took part in this journey full of light, extreme generosity and pride in her island (Menorca), her surname (Bustamante) and her entire clan.
Her children, grandchildren, sons in law, daughters in law, sister, brother, cousin, nephews and other relatives invite you to remember her in the distance, if you like, or stopping by the memorial ceremony, which will take place on May 29th at the funeral home Les Corts, at 13.30 hours."

So I ask you, is that a proof that your imaginary skydaddy lost?

Chose your answers properly because you're in a catch-22

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by donlyone(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
@winner01. I really enjoyed you writeup. I have never, patiently, read any article on Nairaland the way I read this one.

Some people reject God and choose to believe in the ridiculous.

Evolution is a belief, a ridiculous one at that.

May God give you more wisdom in Jesus name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
donlyone:
@winner01. I really enjoyed you writeup. I have never, patiently, read any article on Nairaland the way I read this one.

Some people reject God and choose to believe in the ridiculous.

Evolution is a belief, a ridiculous one at that.

May God give you more wisdom in Jesus name

There are atheists who do not accept evolution theory either
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

There are atheists who do not accept evolution theory either

So what do you believe and why do you impose it on people?.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This shows your ignorance, so if my obituary reads that, it means your skydaddy has won?

Come on brother, you definitely can do much better than this

FYI There are obituaries for atheists bro, that you haven't seen one in an ultra religious country like Nigeria doesn't mean it doesn't exist

The picture below is one such obituaries

Translation? "She finished this trip —in this world— at home in General Mitre, facing the old Espanyol, at 75 years of age, 05.27.2016; and thanks those of you who met her and took part in this journey full of light, extreme generosity and pride in her island (Menorca), her surname (Bustamante) and her entire clan.
Her children, grandchildren, sons in law, daughters in law, sister, brother, cousin, nephews and other relatives invite you to remember her in the distance, if you like, or stopping by the memorial ceremony, which will take place on May 29th at the funeral home Les Corts, at 13.30 hours."

So I ask you, is that a proof that your imaginary skydaddy lost?

Chose your answers properly because you're in a catch-22

Make sure you have a lawyer draw that up and include it to your will instructions. Atheists in Nigeria are just a bunch of jokers.

Why not show me an obituary of an Atheist here in Nigeria and I will go to sleep.

Besides I hope that person who died left a standing instruction that nobody must mention God at her funeral or offer any prayers. Na there you go fear naija.

Life lesson 101

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by DedeNkem: 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please which part of the sky does God live And where is written in the bible

1. The ascension: [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%201:9-11]Luke 24:50-53.[/url]
2. Christian artists depict Jesus or God in the sky.
3. Christians mostly pray and sing songs of praises to their God, looking up in the sky.

Christianity is not the only religion guilty of this.

Check my post HERE about my belief.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Make sure you have a lawyer draw that up and include it to your will instructions. Atheists in Nigeria are just a bunch of jokers.

Why not show me an obituary of an Atheist here in Nigeria and I will go to sleep.

Besides I hope that person who died left a standing instruction that nobody must mention God at her funeral or offer any prayers. Na there you go fear naija.

Life lesson 101

Pretty please, that it hasn't been done here before doesn't mean it won't be done, I might be the first

"Nobody must mention god at her funeral"? Wetin this one dey talk?

You like "pretending" to Dodge

Answer the question, did your imaginary skydaddy lose at that time?
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
DedeNkem:

1. The ascension: [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%201:9-11]Luke 24:50-53.[/url]

2. Christian artists depict Jesus or God in the sky.
3. Christians mostly pray and sing songs of praise God looking up in the sky.

Check my post HERE about my belief.

... therefore God - the ETERNAL creator of the universe - chose earth's sky as his abode Are you related to Kevin Hart grin

1. Its plausible for Christ to access a portal - a doorway to heaven , a spiritual location - up in the sky by ascending into it or He is just trying to prove his supernatural abilities by defying gravity .

2 . Christian artists also give Adam and Eve belly buttons in their paintings , it does not mean they had one .

3. People also look up to the sky when they are trying to remember something , it does not mean their memories are located in the sky .

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by MrCEO69(m): 2:35am On Jul 18, 2016
adoyi8:

When u want to make a tea, which do u put first?

Milk
Milo
sugar
water

what am trying to say is we v a future that God himself want for us, no matter the work of the devil, we will still arrive there if we work according to his will. The story u remember up there is what God has planned. Do u want to know why he plan all that. Dnt just remember the part u want cos i know u v read the the full story.

The freewill he has given on to us to choose to work according to His will or not! It ur choice bro! Its either Y/N. It now comes down to u.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by DedeNkem: 2:49am On Jul 18, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

... therefore God - the ETERNAL creator of the universe - chose earth's sky as his abode Are you related to Kevin Hart grin

1. Its plausible for Christ to access a portal - a doorway to heaven , a spiritual location - up in the sky by ascending into it or He is just trying to prove his supernatural abilities by defying gravity .

2 . Christian artists also give Adam and Eve belly buttons in their paintings , it does not mean they had one .

3. People also look up to the sky when they are trying to remember something , it does not mean their memories are located in the sky .

!. Why is it strange to you that your non-existent God lives in the sky when you actually believed Jesus ascended into heaven via the sky? LOL.

2. Christian artists usually express their faith belief in paintings and drawings. So why is that their depiction of your God always in the cloudy sky not relevant?

3. Your flimsy childish example of people looking up is disappointing. How old are you? 10? In fact, most people DON'T "look up to the sky when they are trying to remember something". If you have traveled out of Nigeria or read much, you would know that most people on earth don't do that. But most Christians look up during their religious rites.

Christians always pick and choose what they want to believe in the bible and ignore the rest. Bible was written for an illiterate middle eastern people with a completely different value system to ours two thousand years ago. Translated from Aramaic to Greek, then Greek to Latin, then Latin to English, who can rely on what anything means, especially taken so completely out of context as fundamentalists so often do?

Christians hardly make sense defending their flawed religion!

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 18, 2016
Thank you winner01. I actually read it from start to finish( reading is my hobby) These are the type articles that make me visit nairaland on daily basis.

For unbelievers, Christ loves you and prays everyday in heaven that you find the truth. No matter how strong you may think you are, only Jesus Christ can give you peace of mind and will guide your directions to follow the right path.

I too was an unbiever and never had peace until I found Jesus Christ. The joy in my heart right now is great knowing fully well that my Redeemer is in control.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2016
Jesuobu:
Thank you winner01. I actually read it from start to finish( reading is my hobby) These are the type articles that make me visit nairaland on daily basis.

For unbelievers, Christ loves you and prays everyday in heaven that you find the truth. No matter how strong you may think you are, only Jesus Christ can give you peace of mind and will guide your directions to follow the right path.

I too was an unbiever and never had peace until I found Jesus Christ. The joy in my heart right now is great knowing fully well that my Redeemer is in control.

So, you went to your imaginary friend for peace and joy?

Looks like I don't need him at all then since I already have those things without any imaginary friend
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Rexyl:

but it is more than that! Genuine faith must come with real encounter with God.
I agree
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

So, you went to your imaginary friend for peace and joy?

Looks like I don't need him at all then since I already have those things without any imaginary friend
Sometimes the devil makes our sin look warm and comfortable so that we see no need in turning to Christ.

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2016
Blossom023:

Sometimes the devil makes our sin look warm and comfortable so that we see no need in turning to Christ.

Makes my "sin"?

Sin doesn't exist in my world, it only exists in the world of those with imaginary friends like you
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by jossyphobia(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
realmindz:
Jesus came to die for humanity for the sins inherited through adam and eve.

All races did not come from adam and eve#Fact
Christianity was made up to play spiritual politics #Fact

if my black forefathers did not come from Adam and Eve then Jesus did not die for any black race...

So I don't accept the jewish mythology of religion...

#Still searching for the true God

I believe my short post has made more sense by 10 times 10 than ur long unreadable epistle and lamentations above.

May the peace of the universe be wit u...
don't think that way there have been black since ages. searching till when you are dead!
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by jossyphobia(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
Blossom023:

wiles of the devil . I pray God gives us the holy spirit to conquer
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by superdanny10: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
[/color] I spent two days reading this write-up...just for better understanding[color=#990000] cheesy
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Rexyl(m): 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
DedeNkem:

!. Why is it strange to you that your non-existent God lives in the sky when you actually believed Jesus ascended into heaven via the sky? LOL.

2. Christian artists usually express their faith belief in paintings and drawings. So why is that their depiction of your God always in the cloudy sky not relevant?

3. Your flimsy childish example of people looking up is disappointing. How old are you? 10? In fact, most people DON'T "look up to the sky when they are trying to remember something". If you have traveled out of Nigeria or read much, you would know that most people on earth don't do that. But most Christians look up during their religious rites.

Christians always pick and choose what they want to believe in the bible and ignore the rest. Bible was written for an illiterate middle eastern people with a completely different value system to ours two thousand years ago. Translated from Aramaic to Greek, then Greek to Latin, then Latin to English, who can rely on what anything means, especially taken so completely out of context as fundamentalists so often do?

Christians hardly make sense defending their flawed religion!

It's you that don't make sense with this post. You say Bible isn't for a person that is spiritual backward like you, who know nothing about God and faith.

The word of God is strong and far beyond reasoning of a person with warped understanding

Your problem is that you don't understand and don't want to understand Bible, thus choosing to disregard it.

Having faith in Bible God doesn't mean you can't find and express your usefulness in other areas - science, art and technology in as much your character and lifestyle are acceptable to God.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by blueAgent(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
adoyi8:
I know that the Christian God is not the true God because the true God will answer every question about life and not raise more questions and then ask you to believe by faith.

Is their any Question God left unanswered?
read the Bible you will get the answers.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by blueAgent(m): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
adoyi8:
I know that the Christian God is not the true God because the true God will answer every question about life and not raise more questions and then ask you to believe by faith.

I guess when you were a child(baby) your daddy showed you how to make Love to a woman?
If your daddy did not do that. than why will God show you what is not fit for you.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by blueAgent(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
adoyi8:

I guess when you were a child(baby) your daddy showed you how to make Love to a woman?
If your daddy did not do that. than why will God show you what is not fit for you?

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Weah96: 4:55am On Jul 20, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I knew it ! Your mind is suffused with misconceptions . God is eternal - he has no beginning and no end . He has always been . He is also infinite .
The universe has a beginning and God orchestrated its creation .

Energy is eternal. It can never be created or destroyed. So your god sounds like a talking bundle of energy, otherwise known as human beings. That's why the message is disjointed incoherent.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Touchnot01: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
|beautiful thread
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 12:52am On Jul 22, 2016
Weah96:

Energy is eternal. It can never be created or destroyed. So your god sounds like a talking bundle of energy, otherwise known as human beings. That's why the message is disjointed incoherent.

cc : UyiIredia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why / Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.