Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers (20344 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Kposkila: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2016
I alrdy sack deir ntwk, crazy services, even small rain ntwk go disappear!
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by 100Cents: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2016
Poorest network.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by amstamon: 7:06am On Jul 16, 2016
Some of you guys blaming the government and playing the blame games are just so stvpid. I'm sure most of you here on this platform uses GLO network. How many of you can bodly testify that these engineers are really working when the network is as worst as mtn 2g. Wen it rains POOR NETWORK, when it's cloudy POOR network, when it's sunny POOR network, when one small thunder STRIKE POOR NETWORK, even to open Google na wahala. Although my uncle was affected but who cares when all he knows was to collect salary and brings home free diesel.
abeg GLO sack all of them ojare and employ capable hands so I can for once use my 6gig finish.

4 Likes

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by amstamon: 7:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Kposkila:
I alrdy sack deir ntwk, crazy services, even small rain ntwk go disappear!

Two bottles of agbara for u
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by amstamon: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2016
eleojo23:
NOT COOL!

Not cool bro, but it's necessary.. I hope you understand
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by luluosas(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2016
“Consequently, you are advised to report to the Human Resources Manager,
Globacom Manpower Services Limited, the outsourcing company, with immediate effect.”
You mean they were even contract staff? Glo people are wicked!
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by kettle84(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2016
welcome to Buhari era ,when jobs are lost and the Masses starving to death.The sai baba and change chanters can you see what you brought upon your lives? have you all seen that you brought a deceitful govt to power which says it is fighting kwarupsion but it is only taking from those who stole a little so that it can steal all and starve the masses to death and render the employed jobless.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Pavarottii(m): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2016
niggi4life:
Correct!!!! Now GLO is awake and just realised they need to take their business seriously.
Now they should employ or outsource them to more reliable hands.
No more "i no fit browse, my calls no connect" my sms no gree deliver"
And of recent, Glo has really improved in terms of data and voice calls

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Pavarottii(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2016
amstamon:
Some of you guys blaming the government and playing the blame games are just so stvpid. I'm sure most of you here on this platform uses GLO network. How many of you can bodly testify that these engineers are really working when the network is as worst as mtn 2g. Wen it rains POOR NETWORK, when it's cloudy POOR network, when it's sunny POOR network, when one small thunder STRIKE POOR NETWORK, even to open Google na wahala. Although my uncle was affected but who cares when all he knows was to collect salary and brings home free diesel.
abeg GLO sack all of them ojare and employ capable hands so I can for once use my 6gig finish.
If u read wat u wrote again, u urself will see the foolishness in ur writeup.

4 Likes

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by praxs(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2016
Only? D should sack 54,000 engineers because of poor netwrk
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2016
Glo
Why?
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by okito: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2016
For about 4 months now, Globacom has been conducting exit interviews across the company. About 1,000 staff may be fired. This is just the beginning. So sad! This is a wake up call to all to seek alternative means of income even whilst in paid employment.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Slymonster(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2016
why will people be blaming buhari for there engineers incompetency or don't most of you here use there network for browsing or making calls and see how poor the service is..I GUESS THE MANAGEMENT HAS SEEN PEOPLE'S COMPLAIN EVEN ON THERE SOCIAL NETWORK

this is why most of you get sacks easily,you work in an organisation you don't create ideas on how to take that place you earn money to the next level..you just seat there on your regular routine,not even one contribution

If they had work to better there service very well,this wouldn't happen

Moral of the story,don't be too relax where ever you are working...Always think of what to add(even if your name is on the sack list,there will be people in the top management ready to defend you to bring you back because they know what you have added)

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by sheddy111(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2016
this is Buhari chained. sorry the great engineers of Nigeria.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Rozaystunna(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2016
jamace:
Not unconnected with corruption.
The network delivery is very poor despite the interesting cheap data offer.

The truth will reveal itself soon.
Mehn shut up depending on your location I browse at 600kb per sec here
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by tivta(m): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

If u read wat u wrote again, u urself will see the foolishness in ur writeup.

This is the problem with some Nigerians, you want to be paid for not working? What the guy said is the truth, if sacking them will improve quality of service so be it, imagine the only place I can get fast glo Internet speed is from my village, it is justttoo bad.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by nigerianvenom(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2016
jamace:

What has power engineers got to do with networking?
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by willibounce1(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2016
amstamon:

Did glo spend money on quality equipment? They waste money on celebrity endorsement at the expense of quality equipment to boost their network. They won't pay thier workers well but will spend a their money on celebs and Indians. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Cornerstone001: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2016
“We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.”

Imagine this after firing them, menh this is Bad
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by niggi4life(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2016
nigerianvenom:

What has power engineers got to do with networking?
When there is no power at your connecting base station, Your network roams to the next Base station which may be farther from you. The results means slow or poor network

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by MicroBox: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2016
That is what you get if you believe your work is an opportunity for you to make fast money than believing is a career and you are ready to grow in it....
Most of the power guys in telecom business believe the work is an avenue for them to make quick money because of the diesel involve.
Power department killed Glo network because what you see in Glo site is a small I-Pass-My-Neighbour Yamaha Petrol generator which cannot power more than two 2g card and all the 3g cards mostly switched off.. That why Glo 3g is always poor.. The company keep rolling out affordable data plan but the power guys keep sabotaging their effort because of diesel theft and non proper routine maintenance of the diesel engines which will later knock out and to cover their greed they will go and buy small
Yamaha generator to cover their ass and be selling the monthly diesel allocation to buy petrol for the small generator.
Many maintenance company run away from Glo contract cos of the huge money they are going to invest to stabilize the sites.
For the affected engineer with 150 sites with no official car, that is what you get when you don't take your work so seriously with passion, as an FME who don't collabo with maintenance guys will be treated better, your wrongdoing is not making you to ask for better working conditions and for those you often settle in the office, they will be ones to shortlist your name among the affected because they know the work cannot move forward with you... you are corrupt.
Lastly their outsourcing company is a cheat 'Global Manpower Limited' if GML is your outsource any where you are working, please if their is other outsource company managing other staffs at your level in same company then don't bother asking them their package cos GML is automatically cheating you. You will be heartbroken if you hear their allowance and take home.
Lesson........
If you are working as power guy in any telecom company, please be discipline.
You must be rugged and there is no one way answer to any problem in field.
Tackle your security guards at site cos most of them are rubbish people.
If your direct boss is corrupt, report your problems directly to Regional technical officers.
Power engineer in telecom is now a career and not an opportunity to make quick money.
Lastly don't trust your guys too much burst at any slightest opportunity and be very friendly at the next moment with this and many more you will survive and never be affected by thing like this.
Telecom circle is another cult of its own, you must be a red neck to finally exhale.

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by oluwoleife: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2016
Nothing is as good as civil service job. Best job security ever.rules are strictly followed when it comes to personnel administration. I do not for once envy these pple cos I know say dem work no fit last.
All the same, I feel sad for them esp because there's no reason for their excuse.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by oluwoleife: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2016
Nothing is as good as civil service job. Best job security ever.rules are strictly followed when it comes to personnel administration. I do not for once envy these pple cos I know say dem work no fit last.
All the same, I feel sad for them esp because there's no reason for their exit.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by lollmaolol(m): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by Chidimba: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2016
This sack is becoming too much o. This is just a case of the boss income been affected just a little and to make up for that they fire people. So sad
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by caseone(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2016
The glo network service has been poorly delivered for sometime now despite cheap data packages and am sure other service provider must have bribe this engineers just to compromise their professionalism to glo just to reduce their competitive advantage, I don't trust the engineer anything can happen they are all Nigerians
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by toprealman: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2016
jamace:

Got trapped last month with their 10MB. For the first time, I had some data left....due to poor connectivity.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by obyrich(m): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Millyiyke:
How can you manage 150 power stations effectively without operational vehicle or transportation fee, my brother i don't agree with you cos am in the system i know what goes on.
What are you surprised at? They are outsourced staff of globacom. I am also in the system. I am not surprised bro.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by hemenie(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
I was among the Temp. Staff glo sacked last month. All temporary staff nationwide were laid off.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by joe120120(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
blueto:

http://punchng.com/globacom-sacks-54-engineers/

Long over due ,in area in ph Glo mas hv being bad 4 2 yrs now but yet to repair the mast.
Re: Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers by MrImole: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
They should submit their sim cards too? Does it mean their members of staff make calls for free?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today? / Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.