Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. (977 Views)

10 Things That Can Make Your Car Look More Beautiful / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake / See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
The intent of this write up is solely not to convince you on why you need a tracker in your vehicle but to enlighten cum educate folks who might in the near future plan to add an extra layer of security, comfort and control to their car, make the right choices while making informed negotiations with an installer .And as well explain some hazy misconceptions about this technology.
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
We must commend owners of @carreportng . Creating a database for stolen vehicle has been the norm in developed countries handled by the police. www.carreport.com.ng is a wonderful platform that has provided for victims of car theft a medium to register their cases and hope someone somewhere pops an alarm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
Why the heck do you need a car tracker in the first place

Assuming you are not aware that that the state of Nigeria’s security has gone down the bricks partly as a result of present economic meltdown , and the police at times seems not to offer any help . Car theft have further become a lucrative business in Nigeria. Giving the new Forex regime it is cheaper to buy in Nigeria(stolen) than import a new one.

1. Adds an extra layer of security, comfort and control to your car. Just imagine been at a social function or in your office but you can’t help but keep thinking about how safe that car you bought after saving for countless months is at the parking lot. With a good vehicle tracker you can disable your engines by sending a simple command to ensure that car never starts (YES!!!, I know new models of cars have transponders attached to there keys ,but they still get stolen and might not be easily recovered without a tracker and I still wonder how) Read : Stolen Toyota Highlander 2008 Model https://www.nairaland.com/3206716/stolen-toyota-highlander-2008-model
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
On a second thought, you know we Nigerians and trust issues .You own fleet of cars running the streets of Lagos. Making cool cash for you. Its normal that you must care to know where these vehicles are at and their status at a particular time and state so that driver does not come back each day with stories that tickle the nipple.
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Still remember visiting one of the big boys in my street to introduce this security feature to him and he was like “what the heck is car tracking and why do I need it?” after all my jingles he never called back , but that vehicle was stolen just last month
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Misconceptions/FAQs about vehicle trackers

I don’t need a car tracker, I have a yearly paid third party insurance.
Using South Africa as a case study: Every registered vehicle is fitted with a tracking device thus just as our police force check for your scam insurance papers, south African police demand for tracker papers.It and this has helped bring car related crimes down to the barest minimum .It is worthy to note that you can’t lay a claim on third party insurance. Still wonder why we pay for that.
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2016

I rather go for comprehensive insurance..Fine and good..Note that any good insurance firm you choose for this purpose must install a tracker on your vehicle. That’s after you have paid 30% of the vehicles actual value plus a monthly premium of up to 7k(yes)..Why not take your insurance into your hands and save yourself cool cash.
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Kelechi2020(m): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2016

Is car tracking insurance? Auto tracking is not insurance. Permit me to call it is a manual override of comprehensive insurance where you take your insurance into your hands and save yourself cool cash on premiums..

Installing an auto tracker is expensive
..NO NO NO...Basically installing a tracker is not expensive unless you opt for Fleet management where the installing company partly manages your tracker and is responsible for recharging the tracker number.
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 22, 2016
Dear OP, what is the average cost of installing a tracking device on a car and what is the maintenance cost as well, if any?

By the way, can you provide me with your direct contact details? Thanks.
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by belavivian111: 6:50am On Feb 13, 2017
cashclubnigeria.com

This is how it works .....
*You PH 5k to get 20k
*You PH 10k to get 40k
*You PH 20 to get 80k
*You PH 30k to get 180k
*You PH 50k to get 400k
*You PH 100k to get 1m

*REQUIREMENTS*
1. Functional Mobile banking/internet banking.
2. Active/valid phone number.
3. PH fee is N5,000

Click here to join. cashclubnigeria.com

*KINDLY FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS TO PH*
Step 1 = Click on Menu to display the Menu Options
Step 2 = Click On Join to Register
Step 3 = Fill out the form with your right detail
Step 4 = Fill in the CAPTCHA code, re-check the form and Click the join button
Step 5 = Go back to the Menu and Click on login to input your Username and password to login into your account.
NOTE : after you have been a Member you only have. 24hrs to purchase a donation,
Step 6 = On the left side of the Platform Click on Payment info to input your Bank Account Details and Phone number, re type your password and Click on Update to save your Account details
Step 7 = Click My Positions on the Menu list to purchase, Level 1 is #5,000 and you Click on Donate .. the system will Automatically Merged you with someone to pay to, contact the person and arrange on payment to him/her. withing 24 hours
NOTE : After making the payment make your you call the person to Approve your payment from his/her account so you can get paid by 4 people withing 48 hours
NOTE: If delay of Merging someone with you withing 48 hours, you should go ahead to (STEP cool
Step 8 = Click on Promotional Center, copy your Referral link and send out to friends and family to get your Quick payment
Click here to register .cashclubnigeria.com
Whatsapp group. : https:///KQA9Y4gnVdtFQpBgU0hBQm
Re: How Secured Is Your Car ??? Check This Out.. by sultaan(m): 7:52am On Feb 13, 2017
Why not just buy an american model with manual 5-speed transmission

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Begins Computerized Vehicle Inspection / My Car On A Date With Me / Help!!! My Nissan Needs A New Tranny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.