Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) (43007 Views)

Nigerian Mother In U.S Navy And Her Son Reunite After 7 Months In Sea (Photos) / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by admax(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2016
True!! lol

photoshoot:
3. When she passes the first shop selling it N500 and walks 30 minutes to buy it for N490 from her customer.

Na wa
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by admax(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2016
grin! Loooooool
photoshoot:
5. You, after she successfully prices from N2000 down to N200.

Even though it took forever.

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by liztemi(f): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2016
Nice one op grin
Can relate with the meme especially no. 8, she always complain I walk too slow(like am on runaway) cheesy

Sweet ma'ami

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by sexychocho(f): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2016
Na so ooooooooo

Can't 4get those days wey I dey follow Mum go market

Nna ehhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn
Mama OYOYO grin

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2016
Even though am a guy.. I can still relate to all these very well.. Mom used to take me to the market when I was young. Nice Post.

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Chestar5(f): 10:51am On Jul 20, 2016
No 5, i can totally relate to it...

D day my mother beat down meat frm #1500 to #200 grin, dat day ehn.. I really pitied d seller... I was prayin we ll not eat poison frm d meat...

Thank God we re still alive embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Adisa89(m): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2016
Then I used to see going to the market with my mom as a form of punishment. grin
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Jasy(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2016
Lwkmd.....can't stop laffin oo grin
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by 48noble(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2016
gbaskiboy:
are u saying Dino is a bastards continue o

He grew up without paying attention to or helping his mother at home....evidence-he is a bachelor in senate
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by anny268(f): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2016
photoshoot:
6. When your mother that said she just wanted to buy meat is now pricing lace.

How did we get here? embarassed
Lmaooo... My mum is an expert in this one... From tomatoes to Ankara line.
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Jennifer89(f): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2016
you are very correct in fact number 11 happened to me some years back i was just 8 years old. Mum and i went to the market and she was walking like Usain Bolt. I couldn't catch up with her 'na so i con lose track o' i jejely went to stand at one place, no phone then to communicate. After she waka she no see me na she waka con dey find me, eventually she came to the place and saw me. I'm sure her mind must have journeyed to different places lol # Sweet Mum#

3 Likes

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by olokpa11(m): 11:27am On Jul 20, 2016
grin angry grin angry grin cheesy I can relate
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Henz24(m): 11:39am On Jul 20, 2016
mysticgal:
I even refused to follow her to the market today Because of the stress. Man fit go market by 9 am come back by 5 pm with only one backo bag and plenty of pricing. Biko make man rest angry
you sef go do am when you become a mother especially with d way our economy is going
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by nedu2000(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2016
I remember when aunty ify makes me accompany her to the market,main market onitsha oh,7hrs neat......9am to about 4pm buying what I don't understand

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Henz24(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2016
Jennifer89:
you are very correct in fact number 11 happened to me some years back i was just 8 years old. Mum and i went to the market and she was walking like Usain Bolt. I couldn't catch up with her 'na so i con lose track o' i jejely went to stand at one place, no phone then to communicate. After she waka she no see me na she waka con dey find me, eventually she came to the place and saw me. I'm sure her mind must have journeyed to different places lol # Sweet Mum#
and when she finally finds me, she will be like

This child, I have been looking for you, you made me scare... Me I will be like

You made me scared too with the way you were flying.....chai mammy moo oyoyo, they are the best thing to happen to humanity
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Otses(f): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2016
lol @ number 3, 4 and 5. The struggle is real mehn. I will give it to our mothers, every penny spent is well justified and accounted for, them nor dey waste money. Nice one op

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by 5minsmadness: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2016
photoshoot:
5. You, after she successfully prices from N2000 down to N200.

Even though it took forever.

I burst out laughing for this one grin, so true!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by 5minsmadness: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
photoshoot:
10. When your mum said you’d be done in an hour and you look at the time:

The lies.
Looool!!! grin So other people experienced this? God bless our mother sha. They definitely had thier ways but they were darn good mothers none the less!

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by 5minsmadness: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
mysticgal:

Guy all na rest. she fit talk say na food things she wan buy but e fit be say na clothes she get for mind. Besides today na house stocking day, anybody wey follow her na die, so I just lie down for bed pretend like say I sick make another man step in for me abeg, car go full today... No strength biko tongue
Lazy gyal angry
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by aalangel(f): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
photoshoot:
14. When you finally leave the market smelling like stockfish..

UGH!

Source: http://zikoko.com/list/mother-to-the-market/

What about when she tells you to walk in front and from behind, she's saying, "left, right"... then I start checking, which is my left hand or right hand I remember Ose and Main Market Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Dynamitehimself(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nice post @op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by southernbelle(f): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by MhizVeronica(f): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
lol.................

dat awkward moment tho

wen she try to buy something of #1000 nd price doen to #100

am always like "mum dey send u come ni smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Alert(f): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
I totally relate with this ooo grin pricing the first person and then going round the market only to come back to the same person and start the pricing all over again

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Osjaay(f): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
NAIJA MOTHERS FOR LIFE

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Marvy21(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
LOL NO.6&13 for me is very interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
Subtlelad:
lol... Can relate well to this, can never follow my mom to market again. Uhhhhuuh. Pricing from #1000 to #80..mama una dey try o
Very true.. Women dey price market for me. most time i feel pity for the sellers.
Those days

1 Like

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by kuuljay(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
When the seller insists the last price is N1500. But mum wouldn't bulge because she can only pay N1400, after 30minutes of dragging and the seller decides to sell at N1400 and asks her to bring money,the next thing you hear is " you no go take N1350?"

3 Likes

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by princeakins(m): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
Photoshoot cool

2 Shares

Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by eminex(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
Lol grin
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by mysticgal(f): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

Lazy gyal angry
Na you sabi sha cheesy
Re: The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) by mysticgal(f): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
nedu2000:
I remember when aunty ify makes me accompany her to the market,main market onitsha oh,7hrs neat......9am to about 4pm buying what I don't understand
Lolll grin guy the pain is painful than than labour pain cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can First Time Sex Be Dis Painful? Or Too Tight Vagina / See Viral Marriage List Causing Commotion On Internet(Photo) / Humans Of Nairaland (Pictures): Continued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.