Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Please Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help! (774 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! by beck500(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2009
Please help people, My brother got married yesterday, during the church service when both groom and bride were given their declaration, my brother said his first, then when it was time for the bride, on that part where some1 says " for richer for poorer" she made a mistake by saying for for ritual for poorer, then she reversed the word and said it the right way " richer".

Now people are taking this out of context, that it could be their families intention to use my brother for ritual, I think thats a very stupid thought, people can actually make such mistakes, its called slip of tongue, but the worrying part is that some people wont just believe.

People please look into this issue and share your thoughts on it.
Thanks.
Re: Please Help! by no1madman(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2009
people r not important here. . .who's "people" anyway.  . .don't they have better things 2 do with their lives. . .
Tell your bros 2 enjoy his marriage.perhaps nobody said "ritual"--u want 2 tell us she don't know the meaning of the 2 words.  . .  .perhaps d guest were even drunk.
Re: Please Help! by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2009
beck500:

Please help people, My brother got married yesterday, during the church service when both groom and bride were given their declaration, my brother said his first, then when it was time for the bride, on that part where some1 says " for richer for poorer" she made a mistake by saying for for ritual for poorer, then she reversed the word and said it the right way " richer".

Now people are taking this out of context, that it could be their families intention to use my brother for ritual
, I think thats a very stupid thought, people can actually make such mistakes, its called slip of tongue, but the worrying part is that some people wont just believe.

People please look into this issue and share your thoughts on it.
Thanks.
Lmao grin grin pronounciation problem not a big deal
Re: Please Help! by Magz(m): 4:05am On Sep 14, 2009
Words are vitally important!!
Re: Please Help! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Please Help! by CrazyMan(m): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2009
That’s why Africans would always be referred to as third world; what’s the big deal if someone mistakenly pronounces ritual instead of richer? Why should a simple grammatical mistake become the talk of the day?

I believe that it’s just a slip of tongue; so both families especially that of the man shouldn’t start having negative thoughts about that incident.
Re: Please Help! by galatico(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
I think it was a slip! You know babes now the way they form Abani Derego, like say dem too hear English!!!
Re: Please Help! by biola44: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
but d forming stage suppose dan pass naa

(1) (Reply)

4 Tings Women Shud Knw Bout Men / Dating A Girl/guy Knowing He/she Has A Serious Date But U Dont Care? / Guy,wat Do U Do When You Truely Luv A Gal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.