Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (652 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? Please Give Reasons! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by emamos: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Having a joint bank account with your spouse could be one of the smartest or dumbest things you ever do. That’s because in the right
circumstances, having a joint bank account brings you and your spouse together and helps you both stay on the same page with respect to saving, budgeting, spending and even investing. But in the wrong circumstances, having a joint account leads to financial failure, resentment, accusations, anger and sometimes, divorce. Clearly there is a lot at stake. Which way would you go?Some of our entertainers shared their opinions as follows;
I will because I trust him – Ruth Eze, Actress
Yes, I will keep a joint account with my husband because in the first place, I trusted him and that’s why I got married to him. His money is mine and vice-versa. We belong to each other. If I can trust my future with him, why can’t I trust my money with him too.
-
No chance in hell am I doing that! – Seyi Hunter, Actress
No chance in hell am I keeping a joint account with my spouse. Men are the most unreliable specimen on the planet. Once he starts keeping other girls, he’ll use my money to cater for them. Some men even have children outside without the knowledge of their wives. When he dies, you’ll now see some mysterious names in his will, coming to split what’s 50% yours with your children.
-
It will make our relationship stronger- Yetunde Bakare, Actress
Yes, I’ll keep a joint account with him because it will enable us manage our income and expenses effectively. We will be able to carry each other along and it will make our relationship stronger.
-
It may create problems for us – Seaman Adah, Music Producer
I can’t because women easily get carried away with what they see. Besides, women like to be a little independent with their spending and men tend to be controlling. So, problems will develop when she has to take permission before spending money and the man doesn’t do the same.
-
It will help us monitor spending – Ijeoma Imoh, Actress
Of course, I can. It will help us monitor each other’s spending especially in this tough economic situation. We both must be signatories to the account, so he can’t withdraw money from it without my approval and vice versa. If the withdrawal is for a good cause, like for the family especially the kids, why not?
lalasticlala,mynd44
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/would-you-keep-a-joint-account-with-your-spouse/
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by eph12(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yes I would. A joint account would be opened once we become engaged and about to marry. We will then agree on the percentage of our income to be put into the account on a monthly basis. It will definitely be of equal percentage.
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2016
There is no real need to do so, these days of easy money transfers and easily borrowed debit (ATM) cards.
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Rukkydelta(f): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
No! No! No! No! No! No!
Trust no one only put your trust in God
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by HaneefahRN(f): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
No
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by susubrown(f): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
NO way.i don't even trust him a bit.he would deny me access just to punish me.
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
I don't really like the idea
Re: Would You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by okangisaiah(f): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
It's something I had really wished to do back then, having seen the way and manner my hussy spends large amount of money without explanation or project but will rather try forcing me to empty all my salary to him or explain what I used the money for, has made me swear never to try that shi ..t. #teamgoodwifeturnstubbornwife.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! / My Baby Is Stooling / Check Out The 7 Places You Should NEVER Touch On A Woman ’ S Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.