Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? (2768 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by dadde(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2009
@abuzola & ogaga, i think u guys make more sence wen u re quiet.

what all xtian folks shld know is that, so many con artists have infiltrated the church. We need to b vigilant and publicly speak against this vice in the house of the lord. If u find yourself in any church that is always asking for one seed or the other, pls relocate in the intrest of personal security.

@all muslim, when some swindle people to fund chaos and terorism,such a person is a sinner just like the con pastors.
Peace
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2009
[size=13pt]dadde :

I Disagree with your thought towards me and Abuzola dear,I insist you're Wrong. . . dont tell me you never know SATAN has certainly been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years. The false doctrine of Hell and the Devil has allowed the Protestant and Catholic Churches to flourish far too long. Without a devil to point their fingers at, religionists of the right hand path would have nothing with which to threaten their followers. "Satan leads you to temptation"; "Satan is the prince of evil"; "Satan is vicious, cruel, brutal," they warn. "If you give in to the temptations of the devil, you will surely suffer eternal damnation and roast in Hell."
[/size]
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by dgreatrock(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]dadde :

I Disagree with your thought towards me and Abuzola dear,I insist you're Wrong. . . dont tell me you never know SATAN has certainly been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years. The false doctrine of Hell and the Devil has allowed the Protestant and Catholic Churches to flourish far too long. Without a devil to point their fingers at, religionists of the right hand path would have nothing with which to threaten their followers. "Satan leads you to temptation"; "Satan is the prince of evil"; "Satan is vicious, cruel, brutal," they warn. "If you give in to the temptations of the devil, you will surely suffer eternal damnation and roast in Hell."
[/size]

GET BEHIND ME SATAN!
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2009
[size=13pt]Oh really . . . . ?shocked : [/size]
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by manmustwac(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]If money is the root of all evil, why do churches want it so badly? shocked shocked [/size]

very good question ogaga.
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by KunleOshob(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]If money is the root of all evil, why do churches want it so badly? shocked shocked [/size]
The church wants to help by keeping the evil away from our hands hence we give it to them. grin

On a more serious note the bible does not describe money as the root of all evil but rather "the love of money" love being the key word. I would reproduce the passage below for clearer understanding:
1 Timothy 6:10:
10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

The above passage was specifically addressed to christian preachers who see the gospel as a means of making money, many of them abound today especially in out pentecostal fold.
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by dgreatrock(m): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

The church wants to help by keeping the evil away from our hands hence we give it to them. grin

On a more serious note the bible does not describe money as the root of all evil but rather "the love of money" love being the key word. I would reproduce the passage below for clearer understanding:
10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

The above passage was specifically addressed to christian preachers who see the gospel as a means of making money, many of them abound today especially in out pentecostal fold.

You dont expect Ogaga to know about what the scriptures says, do you?
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by banom(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2009
KunleOshob:

It is still the same thing, can the church be pursueing money if they dont love it ?
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
grin
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by lawrence83: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
they use it to buy food, houses, cars and some jets. cool cool cool
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
They are used to pay for the church expenses.
Pay the pastor's salary.
take care of all that has to be taken cared of.
help some needy amongst them
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Horus(m): 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2009

Your money is used to buy expensive private Jets for pastors
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Fhemmmy: 1:26am On Nov 14, 2009
Upkeep of the church and to take care of some other needy people and to pay the pastor.
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Rapmoney(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
They use the money to buy flashy cars and send their children to schools in Europe and America. They also use the money to build and buy magnificient houses,buy expensive clothes and diamond jewelries for their wives. All of una wen talk say una pastor nor dey do like that, una papa!!! una father!!!
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Kx: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2009
I think this 'd make a good area for a P.hd Study
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by 9ja4eva: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Upkeep of the church and to take care of some other needy people and to pay the pastor.

Which church does that?

Well they use it to :

Buy Jets
Buy Houses Abroad
Build mansions in Nigeria
Buy the latest cars
Intimidate those that don't have
Hire security guards

and the list goes on and on
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
grin wink
Re: Monies Taken In Churches, What Are They Used For? by Horus(m): 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
Churches should pay taxes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Jesus? / To All Of Our Atheist Friends / Did JEPHTHAH Offer His Daughter As A Burnt Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.