Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari (1694 Views)

Militants : Don Wanney Of Omoku And His Group Lay Down Their Arms - Photos / "Operation Crocodile Smiles" Is A Joke - Niger Delta Avengers Tells Buhari / Saraki's Trial: “we Have No Details To Sustain Charge 11” Says EFCC Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
Suspend Tompolo’s trial if you want Niger Delta militants to lay down their arms – MEND charges BuhariBy Seun Opejobi on July 18, 2016

President Buhari

Defunct militant group, Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to suspend the charges against former militant leaders, Government Ekpemupolo, also known as Tompolo because he has the capacity to restore peace in the Niger Delta region.

Tompolo who is currently facing charges at a Lagos Federal High Court on a 22-count charge bordering on fraud has consistently being linked with the Niger Delta Avengers, an insinuation he has denied.

But MEND in a letter to the President, wherein it disclosed the final list of its dialogue group, Aaron team 2, maintained that Tompolo has a major role to play in ending the restiveness in the region.

The letter which was signed by the organisation’s spokesperson, Jomo Gbomo said,“The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) hereby submits the final list of members of the Aaron Team 2 dialogue, peace and development initiative inaugurated by MEND on June 12, 2016 to find sustainable solutions to the Niger Delta crisis.

“Mr. Odei Ajumogobia, who has unblemished record, character and integrity and is widely respected throughout the entire Niger Delta region, is our chief negotiator in the proposed dialogue with the federal government

“HRH King Alfred Papapreye Diette-Spiff was the first military governor of the old Rivers state and is currently, a 1st class traditional ruler in Bayelsa state. He is the deputy leader of the Aaron Team as well as the representative of the Niger Delta Dialogue and Contact Group (NDDCG).

“However, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa from Cross River state shall be representing all Bakassi militant groups and aggrieved communities from that axis of the Niger Delta, who see her as their mother.

“Former Senate President Adolphus Wabara is in the Aaron Team to represent Abia and Imo states. He is widely respected across both states and shall deploy his vast wealth of experience for the benefit of the dialogue, peace and development initiative.

“High Chief Government Ekpemupolo’s inclusion in the final list was principally because of the key role he continues to play in the Niger Delta as a notable ex-militant leader; philanthropist; traditional title holder and mobilizer of amazing capacity. It will therefore be counter-productive if the federal government ignored such an individual who may be capable of talking to the militants in the creeks to ceasefire.

“We are very much aware of the pending criminal charges filed against Government Ekpemupolo by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). However, we strongly advice that the charge be suspended until after the conclusion of the Aaron Team assignment. This is to ensure that Mr. Ekpemupolo devotes his time, energy and resources towards the resolution of the current Niger Delta crisis without any fear of arrest, intimidation or 

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/18/suspend-tompolos-trial-want-niger-delta-militants-lay-arms-mend-charges-buhari/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Benikuuse(m): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Its undemocratic, it does not matter whether nigeria is exploiting crude oil in his house

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by DozieInc(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by naijaGhandi: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
One day tompolo's army will wage war against their very own people for giving them so much freedom. Boko haram started this way, the indigenes were protecting them from security operatives but today they go back to such communities to kill them once the army comes because they believe the indigenes must have hinted the army. Please continue. Time will tell

6 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Ferdinandu(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
One Man Riot. Buhari ignore at your own peril
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Suntzung: 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
R.I.P NDA grin

1 Like

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Then please keep blowing the pipeline

1 Like

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Eshinwaju: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
Every right thinking person knows that these animals called NDA are simply Tompolo's fight to keep his loot.... angry.....keep bombing....we will eventually get you and have you executed.... angry

8 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by 989900E: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
LOL . . . DOA.
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by kuuljay(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
They have ignored this guy to the point he is gradually coming out to say" na me" grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by ddippset(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hmm. Now its all adding up. How many pipelines blown? How many billions lost? The day buhari will catch tompolo ehn, he will even say dilector go, atm dasuki go, let me concentrate on this tomfolo. Walahi, shegge, damburo uba.

3 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by babdap: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
The fear of Blackwaters is the beginning of wisdom for NDA.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Dakad: 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
My main issue with this so called Avengers is that they don't have point. To me, their excuses sound like Bokoharam excuses. People are suffering, the region is underdeveloped. This same Tompolo enriched himself in during the last regime, Asari has University outside the country. I'm so sure, the moment PMB is able to settle the so called avengers with pipelines contact, they will soon shut up. This selfish practice will never attract development to the region.

Honestly, I expect this same Tompolo to use the wealth he got from this same Niger Delta struggle to develop his community as a prototype to the government ( Federal & State). This region will only develop if only those that will be opportune to have a voice make it people oriented rather than greed and selfishness that have held us bound this long.

Most villages in this region that dont motorable road, school or any functioning health centre, it will shock you that their chiefs have fleet of cars parked in their garages.

The greed is just too much. Until the struggle is all about people, even if there is 100% resource control which I support anyway, Niger Delta will never develop

4 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by sarrki(m): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
Dakad:

My main issue with this so called Avengers is that they don't have point. To me, their excuses sound like Bokoharam excuses. People are suffering, the region is underdeveloped. This same Tompolo enriched himself in that last regime, Asari has University outside the country. I'm so sure, the moment PMB is able to settle them with pipelines contact, they will soon shut up. This selfish practice will attract development to the region.

Honestly, I expect this same Tompolo to use the wealth he got from this same Niger Delta struggle to develop his community as a prototype to the government ( Federal & State). This region will only develop if only those that will be opportune to have a voice make it people oriented rather than greed and selfishness that have held us bound this long.

Most villages in this region thst dont motorable road, school or any functioning health centre, it will shock you that the chief have fleet of cars parked in his garage.

The greed is just too much. Until the struggle is all about people, even if there is 100% resource control which I support anyway, Niger Delta will never develop

My brother, there is no any other way to put it .God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
Your Topic is misleading. Is MEND now NDA?

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by dammiecool(m): 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Dakad:
My main issue with this so called Avengers is that they don't have point. To me, their excuses sound like Bokoharam excuses. People are suffering, the region is underdeveloped. This same Tompolo enriched himself in during the last regime, Asari has University outside the country. I'm so sure, the moment PMB is able to settle the so called avengers with pipelines contact, they will soon shut up. This selfish practice will never attract development to the region.
Most villages in this region that dont motorable road, school or any functioning health centre, it will shock you that their chiefs have fleet of cars parked in their garages.
U r so on point, I live n work in d eleme I perfectly understand ur point

1 Like

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by hansyllo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
Op you're confused. Your topic says NDA and the write up is talking about MEND. Get your fact correct

3 Likes

Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by lordcyl3(m): 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
observing
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ok so that's what its always been about
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by Izonpikin: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
I doubt the veracity of this news .... undecided......The Niger delta can't be fighting for tompolo. ...We fight for resource control....tompolo is not synonymous with regionalism/resource control....
Re: Suspend Tompolo Trial We Lay Down Our Arms (niger Delta Avengers ) Tells Buhari by koladebrainiac(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
awon werey

(1) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Oyegun Fights Back, Meets Atiku / Los Angeles Times Write Up On Buhari's Corruption Fight. / See Wicked Prayer: Gone Too Soon Mr. President - Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.