Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

Ore: A Town Without Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ore: A Town Without Road (454 Views)

Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / Ore: A Town Without Road / Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ore: A Town Without Road by NFFGG: 12:28am On Jul 19, 2016
Ore: A Town Without Road

Ore, is an ancient city in Ondo State. It is the capital city of Odigbo Local government in Ondo State. Ore is a lagos of its kind in Ondo State. It is indeed the commercial nerve centre of  Ondo State. The community is populated by people from different communities with different languages across the 36 states of Nigeria.

Despite being a commercial nerve centre, with booming business activities, the community has remained stagnated without developments; and without roads. When I say without roads, it is not as if there are no roads. But  I mean there are no motorable roads.

As I speak, no street in Ore is motorable apart from the road leading to the house of  Hon. Iroju Ayodeji, a former commissioner and a serving member of Ondo State House of Assembly who recently used his influence to tar the street leading to his private house. All other roads within the township are awfully deplorable. The situation is terrible. The condition is so bad to the extent that the road in OSHODI OKE, in the old Lagos State many years ago  are far better than the road in Ore township presently.

From history, previous government from all level,  both civilian and military, abandoned the town in the areas of basic amenities and developmental projects for reasons not yet ascertained. Why past local government chairmen in Odigbo local government remained indifference to this situation for many years, is not also  known as at the time of writing this little piece.

I still don't know the prime cause of this painful neglect which has left the town in horrible situation. But I hope and pray, that the incoming government in 2017 will see to the situation of this town by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Nigerian Judiciary Is Among The Best In Africa / An Open Letter To Governor Wike On The Welfare Of Rssda-sponsored Students / Leader Of Nigerian Shiites Goes Blind As Govt. Prevents Doctor From Visiting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.