Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) (38476 Views)

The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000 / See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations / 6 Phones That Are No Longer Used In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 19, 2016
OP - Where's “Samsung C-100”? My 1st phone ever? grin cheesy grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by iornenge81(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2016
did no t see my Nokia 3250, 3230 and s60
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by LaExpert: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2016
In 2010, I was using the Nokia N95...and I was so proud of it. grin
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by highwaist: 7:11am On Jul 19, 2016
Over a decade Now niggeria no pruduce phone/acesories I pity for nija

2 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Olalan(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2016
Some of these phones were symbols of class then, now they do not fit into modern reality. l have come to realize that if you do not have contentment you might find yourself chasing after things you will eventually abandon all throughout life. And to think that MOST OF THE FEATURES OF THESE PHONES could not be used in the country then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by moonraker(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2016
Op you forgot this

Motorola t180 talkabout.

2 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Vince77(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:
Trium mars - If you were using this phone back then. You would be ashamed of bringing it out of your pocket grin
Sagem w3020 - call centre favourite
Samem my x5 - My x5 and X6 was the tecno of those days. Sagem made color screen phones affordable to the common man just like Tecno flooded the Nigerian market with cheap android phones. cheesy
sagem my x6

Trium was my first phone in 2003.

I carried this phone like egg sha.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by ALAYORMII: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2016
No Nokia pemi pada owo nro Mii

Forget
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2016
saxwizard:
where NEC dey for ur list...na dat fone first use MMC 13mb to b precise
check the pic very well. i remember that phone. That phone was the first battery consuming phone i first came across in life. lol. But the pictures from the camera were very sharp back then.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by nicason(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2016
see how the world is advancing in technology where is naija position here.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by nicason(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2016
see how the world is advancing in technology where is naija position here.

Pls if u want 2 enter KEKE NAPEP or Taxi, and the rider or driver uses a piece of cloth or handkerchief 2 clean d back seat for u, pls don't sit on it. They are using pple for rituals or they just want your voice to cease. Send this message to pple you care about. Pls, do it. Save lives. It is serious... Pls if anyone stops u and asks if u're interested in some perfume and gives u a paper to smell as sample, pls do not allow that. It's a new scam.The paper is laced with drugs. U'll pass out so they can rob you or do worse things to u.Pls 4ward to all friends n family. This message was received from a Senior Police Officer this morning. Take note and alert everyone u want to protect. This is not a joke.. Be good
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
I remember when Tecno first came with their below par phones, but they have greately improved and are now a top brand. LIFE
yes. they were lumped together with the regular china phones, but they have really stepped up their game sha. Htc started like tecno too, and hopefully tecno will get there too.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by fenzchukz: 7:23am On Jul 19, 2016
Wow these really brought about some old time memories to me. As in! Back in those days in †ђξ boarding school when seniors be feeling too big with this ordinary nokia . And †ђξ most funniest part is this man who clals himself ma father, Theres this bad ass Sony errission phone he was using den that made him feel like he's jagaban ! †ђξ man can pose FO̶̲̥̅̊Я̩̥̊ Africa when ever a call calls in. Come to think of it he's still using †ђξ same Sim till now. H̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊w̶̲̥̅̊ much self ! Oh I remember 28' that's whah he bought FO̶̲̥̅̊Я̩̥̊ his wife and me. And ma 1st phone was that fukced up trium and me too was feeling ma self ! That was H̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊w̶̲̥̅̊ Jenifer was all over me. Well right now BB and IPhone has taking over ma smart phone life .
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Skipuru(m): 7:23am On Jul 19, 2016
Sugarcious:
Good point!
That is why it is always good to stay humble and avoid pride...
I still remember when some people in my neighborhood had these phones about 3 of them. That was when SIM CARD was about 30k. I was very young then. Because she was holding an expensive phone (in those days), one woman became so proud of herself. She no dey even answer my mama greetings that time..now fast foward>>>>>>=Over 12years later, how many people are still using those phones? Even holding the phone in public can embrass the owner.
I no even sabi wey the yeye woman dey today.
My point is...everything in this world is temporary. No dey carry shoulder up like king kong because u carry iphone 6.
In the future, those phones will be like poo.
bro no be lie, when BlackBerry dey trend for lagos , I know how many big girls who do came to my shop then , but now wetin happen, BlackBerry na children phones.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by harmonychris(f): 7:23am On Jul 19, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
I used all the listed phones
Hmm Lai MOhammed shocked : shocked[color=#770077][/color]
o
U can lie eeh
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Sayelabola(m): 7:25am On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:
Motorola 720
Motorola f3
Sendo s230
Sendo X - a cheaper alternative for those that could not afford a nokia symbian phone cool
Some of my friends back in Uni (that wanted to feel among by force) brought this phone with their pocket money. They were very happy because they could download cool symbian games and apps just like nokia symbian users. Owners of nokia phones were very angry and full of hate for sendo x users. Sendo X was sold circa N18,000. That is like N35,000 in today's money. But unfortunately, that phone was what yoruba called agba ana.. The phone was very fragile and I can't remeber any of my friends that used one of these sendo x that lasted over 3 semesters. Even when the phone wasworking, it hanged a lot grin

This Motorola F3 is a very useless phone.

I can't remember how I got one...just remembered that it usually made me looks like an albino while trying to use it in the afternoon.

4 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by LAGATA(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2016
Pavore9:
Hmm....when l got my Nokia 9300 Communicator, it felt like owning an iphone! cheesy

Still rocking ma communicator and u need to see the ovation when ppl See me with it. They are like 'this fone still dey?....... Lol grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Christgalaxy(m): 7:29am On Jul 19, 2016
what abt the first nokia radio

6 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Sayelabola(m): 7:32am On Jul 19, 2016
Pavore9:
Hmm....when l got my Nokia 9300 Communicator, it felt like owning an iphone! cheesy

This phone should be of good value now that we've got easy assess to data.

Or what do you think?
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by franklingud(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2016
Motorola Razor was my official 1st phone... I was 20 then
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 19, 2016
Where's Tecno n3?
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2016
moonraker:
Op you forgot this
Motorola t180 talkabout.
i actually had the talkabout in mind, i forgot to include it in the list.
iornenge81:
did no t see my Nokia 3250, 3230 and s60
I had to cut down on my list of nokia phones, so the thread won't be biased.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Emeka71(m): 7:35am On Jul 19, 2016
Those were the days of SAGEM MyX7
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2016
udemzy101:
Where's Tecno n3?
tecno, htc, lg, e t.c are all newcomers
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by horpiano(m): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2016
all dis phones strong die na die anoda day I refer to dem as Nokia mistake. e.t.c
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by HaneefahRN(f): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2016
The good old days. smiley. Lovely phones
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2016
e63 suffer for my hand sha. grin
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 19, 2016
Where is that long NEC with rotatable camera? That phone can spoil for Jesus.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Pavore9: 7:43am On Jul 19, 2016
LAGATA:

Still rocking ma communicator and u need to see the ovation when ppl See me with it. They are like 'this fone still dey?....... Lol grin grin

Mine still with me but no battery....have dropped by many phone shops here in Nairobi to get a battery for it and l get weird looks! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:

tecno, htc, lg, e t.c are all newcomers

I know but Tecno n3 was the beginning of cheap android phones in Nigeria.. .
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Histrings08(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
I need that w580 again self... Or w995..chaiiiiii, I love sony Ericsson phone
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Lexusgs430: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2016
When Nokia was NOKIA. The good old days of NOKIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 8 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone / How To Boost Your 2go Star Progress From Novice To Ultimate In 1week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.