Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP (645 Views)

See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / Amina Ali, The Rescued Chibok Girl, Details And Picture / Tinubus Secret Foreign Accounts Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by aprokomania(m): 6:42am On Jul 19, 2016
THE lawmaker representing Lagos Central Senatorial District in the Senate, Senator Remi Tinubu, has petitioned the acting Inspector-General of Police, requesting for police protection over alleged threats to her life by Senator Dino Melaye.
This came as women, drawn from the three senatorial districts in Lagos State, under the aegis of Concerned Group, yesterday, urged the Federal Government to direct relevant security agencies to institute criminal action against Melaye should he fail to tender public apology.
In the letter, Tinubu noted that her request became necessary given what she termed as Melaye’s antecedents in the House of Representatives where a brawl allegedly led by the latter resulted in the death of a lawmaker.
Signed by Tinubu, the letter titled: Request for Police Protection reads: ‘’I am Senator Oluremi Tinubu, representing Lagos Central Senatorial District of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. During the proceedings of the Senate on Tuesday, July 14, 2016, I had cause to contribute to a matter of national importance. Apparently dissatisfied with my contributions Senator Dino Melaye threw caution to the winds, resorted to vulgar abuse of my person and wanted to assault me.
‘’It was the timely intervention of a number of colleagues which prevented Senator Melaye from unleashing a physical attack on me. However, as the leadership of the Senate did not call him to order in the circumstance, he proceeded to threaten my life without any provocation whatsoever.
‘’In view of Sen Melaye’s antecedent particularly in the House of Representatives where a brawl led by him led to the untimely death of a member, I have decided not to ignore his threat to my life. Therefore, I am compelled to urge you to use your good offices to provide me with adequate security.”
Reacting to the development, Senator Melaye told Senator Tinubu, that great minds do not dwell on issues, but act and move on.
According to him, it would amount to waste of time and energy to continue with the action as he had acted and the next thing to do as a great man, would be to move on.
Melaye said: “Great minds do not dwell on issues, they act and move on. I have moved on.''
Meanwhile, while delivering a protest letter to the state governor, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode for onward transmission to President Muhammadu Buhari, the Concerned Group, said: ‘’ We the Concerned Group condemns in very strong term Dino Melaye’s assault on Senator Oluremi Tinubu and therefore call on him to tender unreserved public apology to the hallowed chamber of the Senate and more importantly to Senator Oluremi Tinubu and the entire Nigerians who he has brought into great disrepute.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/sen-tinubu-writes-igp-demands-police-protection/

Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by aprokomania(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2016
okay o
Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by AleAirHub(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by lajoshua: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2016
lol....the fear of dino..is the beginning of wisdom..gringrin

btw guys check my signature and follow the link u wld be happy u did..100% legit

Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by ConqueredWest: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Afonjas should protect their queen.

Afenifere and OPC will never protect the wife of the man who sold his people to eternal slavery

1 Like

Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by lytech1(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2016
So u dey fear? Life sweet,you no wan die! Laugh in chinese
Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 19, 2016
What other police protection does a Nigerian senator want... do you want the Army to join in protecting you too?

You called him names also... it should be dino wanting protection due to antecedents of your husband, not the other way round.

A senator has about 10 - 15 security attachment excluding the private ones and errand local security.. and you want more, haba, are you hilary, sirleaf or angela?

1 Like

Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by Pheals(f): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2016
fear not ! Dino no fit rape u
Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by CLASSMAN: 7:46am On Jul 19, 2016
Y all this jamboree, when we should be talking of better things bothering all our lives we are here talking about over fed grandpa and grandma who ruined our lives, mind you she is playing to the gallery, they all have security details all senators
Re: Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP by Fedayeen02: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2016
Pheals:
fear not ! Dino no fit rape u
Dino never talked rape. The issue of rape was raised here by modath in her bid to curty sympathy

I will impregnat you is different from i ll rape you.

I will impregnat the whole girls on Nairaland with my big cork. Does it mean i will rape them?

To impregnat sex has to happen and for it to happen wooing should happen for a consensual sex.

Dino might be loud on mouth but he is not a sex offender if we are to go by the records

(1) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal, Sitting In Lagos Delivered Judgment Allowing Use Of Hijab In L / Who bewitched Bayelsa? / Is This The Change We Voted For? Yes, It Is! - By Garba Shehu -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.