Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants (1941 Views)

We Will Declare Niger Delta Republic On October 1 – Adaka Boro Avengers / Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / Avengers Vow To Declare Niger Delta Independence On October 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Newshelmboss(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
A Niger Delta militant group has declared that all South Westerners in the area should vacate its soil on or before August 1.

The militant group under the aegis of Adaka Boro Avengers (ABA) said it has rallied the support of other militant groups in the region towards declaring Niger Delta a republic on August 1.

The militant group also issued an ultimatum to the Federal Government to withdraw its personnel from the Niger Delta region before the set date.

The militant group in a statement signed by its spokesperson, General Edmos Ayayeibo urged the Federal Government to judiciously make use of the three weeks notice to withdraw all government agencies, threatening that failure will lead to destruction of military barracks and personnel.

“We, the Adaka Boro Avengers and all the freedom fighters in the Niger Delta region have met and come to a conclusion that we are declaring the Niger Delta a Republic three weeks from today July 18, 2016.

“So we are by this notice calling on the Nigerian government to move out all military personnel and all government agencies out of the Niger Delta. Failure will lead to destruction of military barracks and personnel.

“We are also by this notice calling on our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters living in the northern parts of Nigeria to return home immediately.

“We are also warning northerners and westerners to leave the Niger Delta region immediately within three weeks from now, for their own good.

“If they refuse to heed to our warning, we will use so many as example in the Niger Delta region on the due date.

“We are telling the Nigerian government that enough is enough and we are taking our independence by force. We have our foreign backers, so we are not afraid of the Nigerian government but ready for total war.

“The inhuman treatment given to us by Nigerian government is enough. We can no longer withstand the suffering of our Niger Delta people. They should not take us for fools”.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/breaking-news-we-shall-declare-niger.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by ascendo(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ok! Noted. Next story...

3 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Dinocarex(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
I'm still laughing reading that!!
I will come back to comment

2 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by santino09: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
If not for tribalism, favouritism and stupidity all these wouldn't be happening. Buhari might go down as the worst leader Nigeria ever had.

2 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by goldeno10boy: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
KIDS talk

1 Like

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by policy12: 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hw I wish every tribe and race can just go there separate ways peacefully. May those ethnicity and race that wl survive wl definitely survive and those that won't,we find another means for survival.

Am Jus tired nd sick of this threat.

2 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Netcontactsng1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
Worst mistake

The strength of the militants is their gorilla warfare

In order to declare independence they will need to declare a territory which I am sure they can't defend against the Nigerian Army

They should remain in the shadows and make other demands like true Fedralism and resource control

3 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by kossyablaze(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
santino09:
If not for tribalism, favouritism and stupidity all these wouldn't be happening. Buhari might go down as the worst leader Nigeria ever had.
I concur
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by gists: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
OMG!!
When did the N.Delta joined the group of empty chest beaters?
This is so sad. I know for sure that day will come and pass and absolutely nothing will happen.

4 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Nature8(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
Mtchwwwwwwwwwww..

1 Like

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by ENDTIMELIFE: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Pervert here commenting rubbish. Those Boys are not smiling, Nigerian Govt should take they threat serious and negotiate with them. they Land they Oil

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by hrykanu231(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
How do they intend to rule the "new country" through violence I guess? Instead of them to demand for good governance and a better standard of living, they are behaving like fools. Tomorrow they will ask for the discontinuance of Dansuki's case...Thieves!

2 Likes

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by chriskosherbal(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
God let your hand be seen in this country.
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by krokronyash(f): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
grin no grin no... not again, just when you are thinking it is getting better.... sad

1 Like

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by babyfaceafrica: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
They are not blowing third mainland bridge again?...yeye
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Tunechi1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
chriskosherbal:
God let your hand be seen in this country.
amen my brother
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by limeta(f): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
How this chapter came so soon.
Bringing dreams to life.
All hail thee.
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by MeAboki(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
Why wait till 1st August why not now today - let them do their worst.

1 Like

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by jom28gy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
are they serious?
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Ewizard(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
jom28gy:
are they serious?

In omawumi's voice.. "If you ask me, u knw d rest...."
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Histrings08(m): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
Yinmu... We shall see
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by olatunjithomas(m): 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
I have given up on these guys since when they fail to destroy aso rock with their missiles...
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by SlayerSupreme: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
Wow! So sweet a news. I'm all smiles...
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by afanide: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Don't u think u guys are begining to talk too much

1 Like

Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by saderry(f): 1:21am On Jul 20, 2016
We are waiting
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Amberon11: 2:46am On Jul 20, 2016
I'm NDtan but this sheer stupidity.
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by DeKen: 3:00am On Jul 20, 2016
Hmm. And what next?
Re: We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants by Biafrarep(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2016
I dont blame them, there is an extent to which you can exploit and abuse people before they react in frustration!!

(1) (Reply)

See How A Top Politician In The South South Went To Campaign Today... What A Sha / Comparing Jonathan To Buhari_ ... Facts And Figures / Xenophobia: Nigerians Involvement In Drug Peddling Is A Break Of Our Law-mnguni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.