Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi (1307 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
ACME OF LOVE BY ISRAEL DARASIMI

Copyright 2016 @ Israel Dara

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or used in any form whatsoever without written permission from the publisher.

DISCLAIMER

This is strictly a work of fiction modeled on a few facts made public by the media. Names, characters, businesses, organizations, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Thanks
Re: Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
This will be a weekly story series, that I will publish here every Tuesday, for the enjoyment of my dear blog readers.
I really appreciate your love for this blog. Invite your friends to join in this interesting story.
It’s a story of love between two undergraduates.
Zum… Pra … Pa…..pa……po……zummm…..ziiiis… Daddy is here, Henry the youngest child of the family who is 4 weeks shy of his 10th year birthday shouted from the toilet, daddy Is back. The sounds his car makes when climbing an upland makes it easy for his children to discern his arrival. Mr Edet just arrived from a 6-day journey to his farthest farm located in the outskirt of the town, which is the longest journey he has ever embarked on. “My husband is back ooo” his wife shouted running out of the kitchen not minding her dress mode, she’s always fond of wearing bra and tying rapper arround her waist, an attitude which Mr Edet has always complained about.
“Welcome my husband, ndo” Mrs edet said pitifully. Mr Edet looking stress out as if the world should end, came out of his dreaded car, which he had tried to sell but not even a single buyer showed up to even discuss about the price talkless of buying because of the grotesque look of the car which the children in the village has named “noise maker”. “I am tired of this world, I just work hard without anything to show for it” Mr Edet said, he has being running helter-skelter since his child, Tina gained admission to a federal university to study Law. A course he had always wished one of his children will study, so has to help him fight legally to take back his land which the government claimed without any form of compesation from the government. It’s just three days to the deadline of the payment, whereas Mr Edet have not gotten up to 20% of the money. Tina, a beautiful and brilliant lady who carted away all the prizes meant for outstanding student in their various subjects during her valedictory service in her secondary school sat down in one part of the room weeping, because all her friends who also gain admission into various university have paid their fee and will always call her to ask about her’s.
Mr Edet walked to the sitting room with dismay, he explained to his wife all his excruciations on the farmland trying to sell some part of the farmland, but the buyers had refused to buy it at an encouraging price due to the predictions of the meteorologists that there will be low rainfall but had no option than to sell at a disgusting prize just to make ends meet.
“It’s just 3 days to the deadline, what shall we do?” Mrs Edet interrupted. Mr Edet sighed like a man who has just been rescued from a collapsed building and promised to get the money together before the deadli…. Before completing the statement he dozed off into sleep. “Its a pity, this man is really tired” Mrs Edet said pathetically. She went to Tina’s room which she shares with her 5 younger ones to tell her about her father’s agonizing story and console her. “No problem Mummy” Tina said considerably.
Two days to the deadline of the payment Mr Edet called her wife in the middle of the night, “it’s either I get this money or I die, I have happily announced my daughter’s admission to all the inhabitants of this village, if am unable to pay this money it will give my enemies opportunity to mock me” he lamented. Mrs Edet admonished him that nothing bad will happen and pleaded that he should put his mind at rest because she has applied for a drift in one of her associations which they promise to give her the following morning, this gave Mr Edet much confidence to sleep.
Mrs Edet woke up very early in the morning, so as to meet up with her schedule with the association’s treasurer. On getting to his house, she noticed people standing up in groups, chatting and exclaiming, she was surprised and was racking her brain to figure out what was happening but to no avail, she moved closer to verify what was happening. ” are you here to see him? It’s quite unfortunate, he was killed overnight in cold blood by some gang of armed robbers who raided his house ” one of the mourners said. Immediately, she smelt hell on earth. “Tina’s Education is truncated” she screamed.
Israel Daarasimi
Watch out for next episode, next Tuesday

You can follow on my blog for timely update

https://scholarzine./2016/07/19/acme-of-love-episode-one/
Re: Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
Welcome again, due to your advice I have decided to make the story Bi-Weekly , so it will now be Tuesdays and Saturdays . Thanks.
Mrs Edet went home weeping. On getting home, she saw Tina dancing up and down with her father laughing at the television set. “Can someone tell me what’s going on here?” Mrs Edet asked.
“Am now an undergraduate” Tina replied anxiously. Mr Adams-her English teacher in the secondary school nicknamed “The beasts” by his students had come to the house when Mrs Edet was away to lend Mr Edet the money, when he heard from his daughter that Tina has not paid the school fees for her tertiary education. This was made possible because of Tina’s exploits in her secondary school as the senior girl of her set. Mrs Edet narrated the blue incident that happened where she went to,, pathetically “am very happy for you my child” she concluded and started singing some songs in her dialect garnished with her traditional dance, a common practice in her home town (Igbo tribe of Nigeria).
On the eve of Tina’s resumption to school as an undergraduate, she could not sleep, she kept checking the time as if the time duration should be change from 60 seconds a minute to one second mak a minute. She begin to imagine what she will do as an undergraduate till she fell asleep after some minutes.
Tina woke up early in the morning, arranged her luggage and waiting for her mother to dress up and follow her to the school campus, her father should have used his car to take them down there, but does not have his vehicle particulars neither does he has a vehicle license and he’s always cautious of the law.
Tina and her mother spent almost 6 hours in their village’s mini-transport system before they could get to the university premise which ought to be a 2 hours journey. Mrs Edet helped her with her bags, after an hour she was able to conclude her accommodation registration and gained entrance into her room, her mother stayed with her for some minutes advising her on the topics of life, till she started crying alongside her daughter, because that will be the first time she will be going out of home. Tina will be the first student from the town of Atan-agwu to study in a federal university and the second student to study law.
Mrs Edet departed from the university after some minutes so as to get to the village before the sun set. When she got home Mr Edet had prepared a delicious meal for her and children, “my wife come and eat” he said , “now my hope of regaining my land is blooming” he added Jocosely .
Israel Daarasimi.
Watch Out for next episode
Please RBC
Re: Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Shakyroh320(f): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Gud begining,kip it up
Re: Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Shakyroh320:
Gud begining,kip it up
Thanks ma'am

(1) (Reply)

POISONED LOVE- Episode 13-15 / The Rat Story (A Short Story) / Dark In The Woods - By Prince Kabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.