Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam (3198 Views)

Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
4. All Muslims Must Go To Hell Before Heaven According To The Quran.

Quran
And not one of you but shall pass over it: it is for thy Lord an ordinance decreed.

This misconception stems from the verse above.

This is in fact true to some extent, because in order to get to heaven every muslim must pass through hell, but not enter it. Rather there's a thin rope over hell every muslim must pass through on the way to heaven known as the siraat. The siraat is a bridge as thin as a spiders web only true believers can go past. when i was a kid, i was told that some would pass through it as fast as a plane, some a car and some a horse but some, the disbelievers and sinners will stagger and eventually fall into the cruel fire below. Theres a sahih hadith that goes which goes

Ibn Jarir reported from `Abdullah that he said concerning Allah’s statement,

﴿وَإِن مِّنكُمْ إِلاَّ وَارِدُهَا﴾

(There is not one of you but will pass over it.) “The bridge over Hell is like the sharp edge of a sword. The first group to cross it will pass like a flash of lightning. The second group will pass like the wind. The third group will pass like the fastest horse. The fourth group will pass like the fastest cow. Then, the rest will pass while the angels will be saying, `O Allah save them, save them.’ ” This narration has supporting narrations similar to it from the Prophet in the Two Sahihs and other collections as well. These narrations have been related by Anas, Abu Sa`id, Abu Hurayrah, Jabir and other Companions, may Allah be pleased with them all.

Theres however another school of thought which believes all muslims will in fact go into hell but like Abraham (AS), the fire will not harm true believer. Remember the story of Ibrahim (AS) when he was thrown into a fire by the idolators and:

Quran 21:69
Allah said, "O fire, be coolness and safety upon Abraham."

Quran 21:70
And they intended for him harm, but We made them the greatest losers.

Bad muslims will however suffer in hell and account for their sins, but as long as they have faith in Allah, they shall not dwell in it forever but not all muslims will be touched by hell as christians tend to stipulate.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Bobbywallexino(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
truthmans2012:

Is allaah deceiving you when he decreed all of you are going to hell?, Is he not saying the truth?

Why are muslims going to hell first since many of God's people went to heaven straight?

I tell you the truth: allaah is Satan who wants to take you to hell.
MATTHEW 7:21-23.
21. "Not every one that saith unto me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but He that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven. I chose God in Arabic Allah. you better follow God who sent Jesus, God is one , Jesus has told u several times but you prefer Paul. I thank God for offering me best religion which is Islam.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by true2god: 2:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bobbywallexino:
yes I can be ignorant because I only read Quran and follow Quran wish not someone's lecture. nothing to worried by that because you are deceived by Paul in the Bible and his trick
I'm sorry if I make a derogatory remarks. Just that your fellow Muslims will say we do not understand the Quran in proper context except we read the tasfirs of great Islamic scholars of which ibn kathir is one of them.

Ibn Kathir, in his own writings, said Muslims must go to hell but the pious ones will be saved from hell later by allahh. Why Muslims need to enter hell in the first place? This is my concern.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
5. Christians And Jews Will Go To Heaven

[al-Maa’idah 5:69]

Surely, those who believe, those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians – whosoever believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.”

Again this is sort of true, but who are these christians? This refers to the jews who followed the teachings Moses (PBUH) and lived before the time of Jesus (PBUH) and christians who followed the latter and lived before the time of Muhammad (PBUH) or any follower of the aforementioned faith who has never heard or learned about the message of Islam. Any christian who refuses to believe after hearing the message of Islam and dies in that state is without a doubt going to hell. Here's the tafseer on this verse

“Allaah, may He be exalted, points out that whoever of the previous nations did well and was obedient, will have a good reward, and this will be the case for everyone who follows the Unlettered Prophet [Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until the Hour comes – he will have eternal happiness, and they will not fear what they are going to face, nor will they grieve for what they have left behind. As Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘No doubt! Verily, the awliya’ of Allaah [i.e., those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much, and love Allaah much], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve.’ [Yoonus 10:62]. And Allaah tells us what the angels say to the believers at the time of death (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, those who say, “Our Lord is Allaah,” then they istaqaamu [stood straight, i.e., truly followed Islam], on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): “Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!”’ [Fussilat 41:30]

Its funny how some christians slander against the prophet (pbuh) and Islam and think they'll go to heaven through some backdoor. If you're not a muslim, at least have some respect towards muslims and their prophet, no need for insults when trying to preach your faith. Same goes for muslims as well.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
VomeSchakleton:
4. All Muslims Must Go To Hell.

Quran
And not one of you but shall pass over it: it is for thy Lord an ordinance decreed.

This misconception stems from the verse above.

This is in fact true to some extent, because in order to get to heaven every muslim must pass through hell, but not enter it. Rather there's a thin rope over hell every muslim must pass through on the way to heaven known as the siraat. The siraat is a bridge as thin as a spiders web only true believers can go past. when i was a kid, i was told that some would pass through it as fast as a plane, some a car and some a horse but some, the disbelievers and sinners will stagger and eventually fall into the cruel fire below. Theres a sahih hadith that goes which goes

Ibn Jarir reported from `Abdullah that he said concerning Allah’s statement,

﴿وَإِن مِّنكُمْ إِلاَّ وَارِدُهَا﴾

(There is not one of you but will pass over it.) “The bridge over Hell is like the sharp edge of a sword. The first group to cross it will pass like a flash of lightning. The second group will pass like the wind. The third group will pass like the fastest horse. The fourth group will pass like the fastest cow. Then, the rest will pass while the angels will be saying, `O Allah save them, save them.’ ” This narration has supporting narrations similar to it from the Prophet in the Two Sahihs and other collections as well. These narrations have been related by Anas, Abu Sa`id, Abu Hurayrah, Jabir and other Companions, may Allah be pleased with them all.

Theres however another school of thought which believes all muslims will in fact go into hell but like Abraham (AS), the fire will not harm true believer. Remember the story of Ibrahim (AS) when he was thrown into a fire by the idolators and:

Quran 21:69
Allah said, "O fire, be coolness and safety upon Abraham."

Quran 21:70
And they intended for him harm, but We made them the greatest losers.

Bad muslims will however suffer in hell and account for their sins, but as long as they have faith in Allah, they shall not dwell in it forever but not all muslims will be touched by hell as christians tend to stipulate.

Characteristic of allaah, he is never stable, deceiving the unsuspecting. His words are so contradictory.

I wonder why you didn't quote the following verses as well:

[Quran 3:185 Pickthal] Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion
This shows all muslims will go to hellfire first before some will be removed. The truth is: nobody goes to hellfire and gets out as there is no repentance after death.

Quran 19:68-72

[68] And, by thy Lord, verily We shall assemble them and the devils, then We shall bring them, crouching, around hell.
The muslims and the devils will be put together to suffer the heat of hellfire
[69] Then We shall pluck out from every sect whichever of them was most stubborn in rebellion to the Beneficent.

[70] And surely We are Best Aware of those most worthy to be burned therein.
All muslims are worthy to be burned in hellfire but some are most worthy

[71] There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord.

[72] Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there.
Some muslims will be rescued from hellfire and others left inside there.

All of the above are from the same quran. The book is too contradictory but only the spiritually intelligent people can discover it.

1 Like

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
truthmans2012:

Characteristic of allaah, he is never stable, deceiving the unsuspecting. His words are so contradictory.

I wonder why you didn't quote the following verses as well:

[Quran 3:185 Pickthal] Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion
This shows all muslims will go to hellfire first before some will be removed. The truth is: nobody goes to hellfire and gets out as there is no repentance after death.
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL (3:185)
Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.

I don't see anything here that my earlier explanation doesn't cover.

[68] And, by thy Lord, verily We shall assemble them and the devils, then We shall bring them, crouching, around hell.

[69] Then We shall pluck out from every sect whichever of them was most stubborn in rebellion to the Beneficent.

[70] And surely We are Best Aware of those most worthy to be burned therein.

[71] There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord.

[72] Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there.

All of the above are from the same quran. The book is too contradictory but only the spiritually intelligent people can discover it.

Read the above verses without your commentaries, like i said, nothing my earlier explanation doesn't cover.

21-69
We said: O fire, be coolness and peace for Abraham

Sulaiman Ibn Murrah said THAT EVERYONE SHALL ENTER IT (hell). Then he placed his fingers near his ears and said, "I would have remained silent had I not heard the apostle of Allah -pbuh- say, ‘There shall not remain a righteous or sinful person but shall enter hell. To the believer the fire will be cool and pleasant as it was to Abraham to the point that hell will be noisy because the believers are cold. Then Allah will save those who have avoided (evil) and greatly torment the sinners in it.’"

Only an utter slowpoke will find any contradiction here. But like i stated earlier, this isn't about you having to believe what i believe, its about christians understanding what muslims believe even though they may not believe so themselves, I have been a muslim all my life and i can't remember ever meeting a muslim who believed every muslim will suffer in hell, that's just a ridiculous misconception by people like you. It's funny when people like you try to tell me what i believe or interpret the Quran for me.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Bobbywallexino(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
true2god:
I'm sorry if I make a derogatory remarks. Just that your fellow Muslims will say we do not understand the Quran in proper context except we read the tasfirs of great Islamic scholars of which ibn kathir is one of them.

Ibn Kathir, in his own writings, said Muslims must go to hell but the pious ones will be saved from hell later by allahh. Why Muslims need to enter hell in the first place? This is my concern.
first of all, you shouldn't follow any scholars lecture as we all know that some may make mistakes that can mislead people, they are human being like us. yes it is possible for some Muslims to enter hell before paradise, we have "hasiabu l Arof" meaning those Muslims Fulfill every pillars of Islam e.g, but they commit some bad deed. like adultery, fornication, stealing and all that without seeking for forgiveness or desist from their bad altitude. they will firstly enter hell before paradise. Mind you! Am not against Jesus because, Jesus is a Prophet of God and I believe in all prophets. if you properly follow only the words of mosses and Jesus, you will be properly guided to the right part. but those apostles, introduced their own activities in to the Bible.
look at what Paul said in the Bible, On Hebrew 6:1 let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith towards God.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bobbywallexino:
first of all, you shouldn't follow any scholars lecture as we all know that some may make mistakes that can mislead people, they are human being like us. yes it is possible for some Muslims to enter hell before paradise, we have "hasiabu l Arof" meaning those Muslims Fulfill every pillars of Islam e.g, but they commit some bad deed. like adultery, fornication, stealing and all that without seeking for forgiveness or desist from their bad altitude. they will firstly enter hell before paradise. Mind you! Am not against Jesus because, Jesus is a Prophet of God and I believe in all prophets. if you properly follow only the words of mosses and Jesus, you will be properly guided to the right part. but those apostles, introduced their own activities in to the Bible.
look at what Paul said in the Bible, On Hebrew 6:1 let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith towards God.

You sound like one "honeyoiler". I have the feeling you are the one.

You cannot understand Paul's statements because you don't have his Spirit. Despite muslims accusations of Paul, your allaah didn't find any fault in him. Paul had written all he wrote before Muhammad came and yet his allaah didn't mention Paul or any of the apostles having done anything evil. Do muslims have more knowledge than their allaah?
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL (3:185)
Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.

I don't see anything here that my earlier explanation doesn't cover.

Read the above verses without your commentaries, like i said, nothing my earlier explanation doesn't cover.

21-69
We said: O fire, be coolness and peace for Abraham

Sulaiman Ibn Murrah said THAT EVERYONE SHALL ENTER IT (hell). Then he placed his fingers near his ears and said, "I would have remained silent had I not heard the apostle of Allah -pbuh- say, ‘There shall not remain a righteous or sinful person but shall enter hell. To the believer the fire will be cool and pleasant as it was to Abraham to the point that hell will be noisy because the believers are cold. Then Allah will save those who have avoided (evil) and greatly torment the sinners in it.’"

Only an utter slowpoke will find any contradiction here. But like i stated earlier, this isn't about you having to believe what i believe, its about christians understanding what muslims believe even though they may not believe so themselves, I have been a muslim all my life and i can't remember ever meeting a muslim who believed every muslim will suffer in hell, that's just a ridiculous misconception by people like you. It's funny when people like you try to tell me what i believe or interpret the Quran for me.

Can't you see for yourself that the quran is a trash? Verses contradicting other verses. That was what happened when allaah said he was replacing his revelations with better ones(Quran 2:106) deceiving the muslims. For almost every verse of the quran there is the reverse. What a book !!!

When allaah said he is a "makr", a deceiver, do you think he was joking?
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Bobbywallexino(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
truthmans2012:

You sound like one "honeyoiler". I have the feeling you are the one.

You cannot understand Paul's statements because you don't have his Spirit. Despite muslims accusations of Paul, your allaah didn't find any fault in him. Paul had written all he wrote before Muhammad came and yet his allaah didn't mention Paul or any of the apostles having done anything evil. Do muslims have more knowledge than their allaah?

you are good brother! Bible said there is no scripture that private interpretation. read 2 Petter 1:20 . thanks. Quran talked about those who manipulated the words of God but don't mention any name.

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bobbywallexino:
you are good brother! Bible said there is no scripture that private interpretation. read 2 Petter 1:20 . thanks. Quran talked about those who manipulated the words of God but don't mention any name.

Which word of God did they manipulate? The same words allaah recommended for Muhammad?

Allah told Muhammad to consult the Jews and the Christians if he was in doubt of the revelations he was receiving:

(Quran 10:94).
And if thou art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.

If the Scripture that was before Muhammad was manipulated, why did allaah recommend it to Muhammad?
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Bobbywallexino(m): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
truthmans2012:

Which word of God did they manipulate? The same words allaah recommended for Muhammad?

Allah told Muhammad to consult the Jews and the Christians if he was in doubt of the revelations he was receiving:

And if thou art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.

If the Scripture that was before Muhammad was manipulated, why did allaah recommend it to Muhammad?

because there are some fact which can't be changed. Like Oneness of God Mark 12:34, Women should keep silent 1Corinthians 14:34, which Muslims follow , cover your head Like Virgin Mary 1chorinthians 11 vs 5-6, Ablution Exodus 40 verse 30-32. Muslim's way of praying Nehemiah 8:4-6. lastly God said we should Believe In all His books. please check it brother God bless u.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Bobbywallexino(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
truthmans2012:

If you need Manipulation verses from the Bible I can show and you too will laugh. we are having chill wealthier. I want drink a cup of tea, please join me brother.

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bobbywallexino:
If you need Manipulation verses from the Bible I can show and you too will laugh. we are having chill wealthier. I want drink a cup of tea, please join me brother.

With what you call manipulation, allaah still recommended it to Muhammad, which means he was okay with it. For the same allaah to still say something is wrong with his own recommendation, it means somebody is deceiving somebody somewhere.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
truthmans2012:

Can't you see for yourself that the quran is a trash? Verses contradicting other verses. That was what happened when allaah said he was replacing his revelations with better ones(Quran 2:106) deceiving the muslims. For almost every verse of the quran there is the reverse. What a book !!!

When allaah said he is a "makr", a deceiver, do you think he was joking?

What I can see is a feeble minded person who can't grasp the most straight forward statements. Like I said, this isnt a debate, you may choose to believe whatever your puny brain affords you, stop trying to tell others what they believe. Again, a very simple statement I'm sure you'll fail to understand.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

What I can see is a feeble minded person who can't grasp the most straight forward statements. Like I said, this isnt a debate, you may choose to believe whatever your puny brain affords you, stop trying to tell others what they believe. Again, a very simple statement I'm sure you'll fail to understand.

Do you understand English?

The following quranic quote and hadith explain and give the same commentaries I made on quran 19:68-72. Pay a particular attention to statements in red colour:

Quran 3:185] Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion.
This quranic verse confirms that only on the Day of Resurrection muslims will attempt to cross from hell to heaven.

Muhammad himself will lead the muslims to cross from hell to heaven on the Resurrection Day, when other prophets are already in heaven.

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 577.
“Then Allah will come to then in a shape they know and will say, ‘I am your Lord.' They will say, '(No doubt) You are our Lord,' and they will follow Him. Then a bridge will be laid over the (Hell) Fire.” Allah's Apostle added, “I will be the first to cross it.And the invocation of the Apostles on that Day, will be, ‘Allahukka Sallim, Sallim (O Allah, save us, save us!),’ and over that bridge there will be hooks similar to the thorns of As Sa'dan (a thorny tree). Didn't you see the thorns of As-Sa'dan?” The companions said, “Yes, O Allah's Apostle.” He added, “So the hooks over that bridge will be like the thorns of As-Sa’dan except that their greatness in size is only known to Allah. These hooks will snatch the people according to their deeds. Some people will be ruined because of their evil deeds, and some will be cut into pieces and fall down in Hell, but will be saved afterwards, when Allah has finished the judgments among His slaves, and intends to take out of the Fire whoever He wishes to take out from among those who used to testify that none had the right to be worshipped but Allah.

We will order the angels to take them out and the angels will know them by the mark of the traces of prostration (on their foreheads) for Allah banned the fire to consume the traces of prostration on the body of Adam's son. So they will take them out, and by then they would have burnt (as coal), and then water, called Maul Hayat (water of life) will be poured on them, and they will spring out like a seed springs out on the bank of a rainwater stream, and there will remain one man who will be facing the (Hell) Fire and will say, 'O Lord! It's (Hell's) vapor has poisoned and smoked me and its flame has burnt me; please turn my face away from the Fire.' He will keep on invoking Allah till Allah says, 'Perhaps, if I give you what you want, you will ask for another thing?' The man will say, 'No, by Your Power, I will not ask You for anything else.'

“Then Allah will turn his face away from the Fire. The man will say after that, 'O Lord, bring me near the gate of Paradise.' Allah will say (to him), 'Didn't you promise not to ask for anything else? Woe to you, O son of Adam! How treacherous you are!' The man will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will say, 'But if I give you that, you may ask me for something else.' The man will say, 'No, by Your Power. I will not ask for anything else.' He will give Allah his covenant and promise not to ask for anything else after that. So Allah will bring him near to the gate of Paradise, and when he sees what is in it, he will remain silent as long as Allah will, and then he will say, 'O Lord! Let me enter Paradise.' Allah will say, 'Didn't you promise that you would not ask Me for anything other than that? Woe to you, O son of Adam! How treacherous you are!' On that, the man will say, 'O Lord! Do not make me the most wretched of Your creation,' and will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will SMILE and when Allah will SMILE because of him, then He will allow him to enter Paradise, and when he will enter Paradise, he will be addressed, 'Wish from so-and-so.' He will wish till all his wishes will be fulfilled, then Allah will say, ‘All this (i.e. what you have wished for) and as much again therewith are for you.””
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2016
truthmans2012:

Do you understand English?

The following quranic quote and hadith explain and give the same commentaries I made on quran 19:68-72. Pay a particular attention to statements in red colour:

Quran 3:185] Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion.
This quranic verse confirms that only on the Day of Resurrection muslims will attempt to cross from hell to heaven.

Muhammad himself will lead the muslims to cross from hell to heaven on the Resurrection Day, when other prophets are already in heaven.

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 577.
“Then Allah will come to then in a shape they know and will say, ‘I am your Lord.' They will say, '(No doubt) You are our Lord,' and they will follow Him. Then a bridge will be laid over the (Hell) Fire.” Allah's Apostle added, “I will be the first to cross it.And the invocation of the Apostles on that Day, will be, ‘Allahukka Sallim, Sallim (O Allah, save us, save us!),’ and over that bridge there will be hooks similar to the thorns of As Sa'dan (a thorny tree). Didn't you see the thorns of As-Sa'dan?” The companions said, “Yes, O Allah's Apostle.” He added, “So the hooks over that bridge will be like the thorns of As-Sa’dan except that their greatness in size is only known to Allah. These hooks will snatch the people according to their deeds. Some people will be ruined because of their evil deeds, and some will be cut into pieces and fall down in Hell, but will be saved afterwards, when Allah has finished the judgments among His slaves, and intends to take out of the Fire whoever He wishes to take out from among those who used to testify that none had the right to be worshipped but Allah.

We will order the angels to take them out and the angels will know them by the mark of the traces of prostration (on their foreheads) for Allah banned the fire to consume the traces of prostration on the body of Adam's son. So they will take them out, and by then they would have burnt (as coal), and then water, called Maul Hayat (water of life) will be poured on them, and they will spring out like a seed springs out on the bank of a rainwater stream, and there will remain one man who will be facing the (Hell) Fire and will say, 'O Lord! It's (Hell's) vapor has poisoned and smoked me and its flame has burnt me; please turn my face away from the Fire.' He will keep on invoking Allah till Allah says, 'Perhaps, if I give you what you want, you will ask for another thing?' The man will say, 'No, by Your Power, I will not ask You for anything else.'

“Then Allah will turn his face away from the Fire. The man will say after that, 'O Lord, bring me near the gate of Paradise.' Allah will say (to him), 'Didn't you promise not to ask for anything else? Woe to you, O son of Adam! How treacherous you are!' The man will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will say, 'But if I give you that, you may ask me for something else.' The man will say, 'No, by Your Power. I will not ask for anything else.' He will give Allah his covenant and promise not to ask for anything else after that. So Allah will bring him near to the gate of Paradise, and when he sees what is in it, he will remain silent as long as Allah will, and then he will say, 'O Lord! Let me enter Paradise.' Allah will say, 'Didn't you promise that you would not ask Me for anything other than that? Woe to you, O son of Adam! How treacherous you are!' On that, the man will say, 'O Lord! Do not make me the most wretched of Your creation,' and will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will SMILE and when Allah will SMILE because of him, then He will allow him to enter Paradise, and when he will enter Paradise, he will be addressed, 'Wish from so-and-so.' He will wish till all his wishes will be fulfilled, then Allah will say, ‘All this (i.e. what you have wished for) and as much again therewith are for you.””

Still trying to interpret what our Quran says, I'm telling you no Muslim believes that, nor does any prominent islamic scholar interpret it as that and it doesn't matter what you think it says. So what are you trying to do? Do you have mental issues? That's a serious question btw.

And he's asking me if I understand English. Clown!
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Still trying to interpret what our Quran says, I'm telling you no Muslim believes that, nor does any prominent islamic scholar interpret it as that and it doesn't matter what you think it says. So what are you trying to do? Do you have mental issues? That's a serious question btw.

And he's asking me if I understand English. Clown!

Seriously?

So muslims don't believe in Quran 3:185, Quran 19:68-72 and the hadith that explains them. It means muslims select what to believe in the words of allaah. What a pity.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2016
truthmans2012:

Seriously?

So muslims don't believe in Quran 3:185, Quran 19:68-72 and the hadith that explains them. It means muslims select what to believe in the words of allaah. What a pity.

I guess that's a yes then.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

I guess that's a yes then.

What will you tell allaah when you find yourself in hell, after all, he had told you before but you didn't believe him?
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by annunaki2(m): 10:51am On Jul 29, 2016
truthmans2012:

Seriously?

How do you expect them to believe allah's word when allah has already confessed to them that he is the greatest deceiver.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 11:13am On Jul 29, 2016
annunaki2:

How do you expect them to believe allah's word when allah has already confessed to them that he is the greatest deceiver.

But they believe some of allaah's words. But when it gets to where it matters, they are deceived not to believe him. The only truth in the quran is the fact that muslims are going to hellfire.

Jesus said anyone who doesn't believe Him as Son of God has no life in him/her and is condemned already.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2016
annunaki2:

So when we don't believe what you want us to believe we're nt believing Allah's word because christians know Allah's word better than all the muslims in the world. You people are just incredibly stuupid aren't you? no offense
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 29, 2016
truthmans2012:

But they believe some of allaah's words. But when it gets to where it matters, they are deceived not to believe him. The only truth in the quran is the fact that muslims are going to hellfire.

Jesus said anyone who doesn't believe Him as Son of God has no life in him/her and is condemned already.

All muslims believe Allahs words, that is without question. Your problem is you're trying to tell muslims what Allahs words mean even when what you know about islam wouldn't fill my palms.

The last part made me burst into laughter though, i literally almost hit my head on a wall.

Clown. grin grin
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 11:44am On Jul 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

So when we don't believe what you want us to believe we're nt believing Allah's word because christians know Allah's word better than all the muslims in the world. You people are just incredibly stuupid aren't you? no offense

What did allaah mean here and what do you believe?

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2016
truthmans2012:

What did allaah mean here and what do you believe?

Whether through the siraat, or literally through hell, a believer must pass through hell but just like Abraham, the fire won't hurt a true believer.

This may also just refer to sinners who have repented and have been forgiven, the last part of the verse can support that.

Allah knows best.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Whether through the siraat, or literally through hell, a believer must pass through hell but just like Abraham, the fire won't hurt a true believer.

This may also just refer to sinners who have repented and have been forgiven, the last part of the verse can support that.

Allah knows best.

When did Abraham pass through fire because he is in heaven now? Why is he not inside hellfire waiting for the Day of Resurrection?

If true believers will not be hurt by fire, where are they inside it?
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
truthmans2012:

When did Abraham pass through fire because he is in heaven now? Why is he not inside hellfire waiting for the Day of Resurrection?

If true believers will not be hurt by fire, where are they inside it?

When I said you didn't know anything about islam I think it was an understatement. Read the story of Ibrahim (As) in islam please and stop asking me stuupid questions. While you're at it read about everything else before you come and shamelessly try to interpret the Quran for me.
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

When I said you didn't know anything about islam I think it was an understatement. Read the story of Ibrahim (As) in islam please and stop asking me stuupid questions. While you're at it read about everything else before you come and shamelessly try to interpret the Quran for me.

Perfect observation VomeSchakleton.

"WHEN I SAID YOU (TRUTHMAN2012) DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ISLAM YOU THINK IT WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT"

VomeSchakelton.................he is as IGNORANT as IGNORANCE can be.

"PLEASE STOP ASKING STUPI.D QUESTIONS"

VomeSchakelton ..........................unless you want him to close his account on Nairaland. He is here to ask S.TUPID questions.

"WHILE YOU ARE AT IT READ ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE BEFORE YOU COME AND SHAMELESSLY TRY TO INTERPRET THE QURAN".

VomeSchakelton..................as regards SHAME...........TRUTHMAN2012 has made FAME out of being SHAMELESS. SHAME is his PRIDE there is NOTHING you can do about that.

BUT THEN ITS FUN CHATTING WITH SUCH PEOPLE. THE ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH.

1 Like

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by truthmans2012: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
WORDWORLD:

"WHEN I SAID YOU (TRUTHMAN2012) DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ISLAM YOU THINK IT WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT"

VomeSchakelton ..........................unless you want him to close his account on Nairaland. He is here to ask S.TUPID questions.

"WHILE YOU ARE AT IT READ ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE BEFORE YOU COME AND SHAMELESSLY TRY TO INTERPRET THE QURAN".

VomeSchakelton..................as regards SHAME...........TRUTHMAN2012 has made FAME out of being SHAMELESS. SHAME is his PRIDE there is NOTHING you can do about that.

No wonder you cannot refute my threads other than the insults you are passing on yourselves. Smh!!!!
Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
WORDWORLD:

Yeah, true. I guess I'm more upset that he and his fellow plonkers managed to derail the thread completely.

1 Like

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2016
6. Muslims Are Uncircumcised

This is one that leaves Muslims dumbfounded, and just goes to show the ignorance of some people, especially because Muslims have introduced circumcision (khitan) to a lot of people who did not perform this originally. Some accounts report that Heraclius, Emperor of Byzantium, had referred to Muhammad (pbuh) as the "leader of the circumcised people". Where these rumors or misconceptions stem from is truly a mystery and is completely false. Most Muslims are circumcised almost immediately after birth. Abu Hurayra, a companion of Muhammad, was quoted saying, "Five things are fitra: circumcision, shaving pubic hair with a razor, trimming the mustache, paring one's nails and plucking the hair from one's armpits" (reported in the hadiths of Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim).

It should be noted that Muslims are the largest bloc of people on earth that perform circumcision.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Do Dead Children Go? / Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December / See What Christain Fundamentalism Does To People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.