Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,029 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam (3180 Views)

Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
7. Cleanliness in Islam

It has come to my attention that some people are questioning the hygiene of muslims.

Let me start by saying there is no religion in this world that emphasizes on cleanliness more than islam. From brushing your teeth to shaving your armpit, Islam has strict rules guiding a persons personal hygiene.

For instance, you cant even pray if you're not in a clean state hence the constant ablutions and you must take a ritual bath after ejaculation to purify yourself plus many other compulsory etiquette.

These are some extracts from the hadith and Quran that give a glimpse of what cleanliness must mean to every true muslim.

1. Abu Malik Al-Ash`ari (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Purity is half of iman (faith).“

2. `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The miswak (a twig used for tooth brushing) cleanses and purifies the mouth and pleases the Lord.” (An-Nasa’I and Ibn Khuzaimah; authenticated by Al-Albani)

3. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said,
“Were it not that I might overburden my my followers, I would have commanded them to use the miswak before every prayer.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

4. Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“Five practices are of the fitrah (natural disposition): circumcision, shaving the pubic region, clipping the nails and cutting the moustaches short.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

5. Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“Whoever takes a bath on a Friday and does it well, and purifies himself and does it well, and puts on his best clothes, and puts on whatever Allah decrees for him of the perfume of his family, then comes to the mosque and does not engage in idle talk or separate (pushing between) two people; he will be forgiven for (his sins) between that day and the previous Friday.” (Ibn Majah and authenticated by Al-Albani)

6. Mu`adh (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet warned,
“Beware of the three acts that cause you to be cursed: relieving yourselves in shaded places (that people utilize), in a walkway or in a watering place.” (Ranked sound, hasan, by Al-Albani)

7. Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,
“Removing harmful things from the road is an act of charity (sadaqah).” (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

8.“Islam is clean. Therefore, you should keep yourselves clean, too. Only the clean people can enter Paradise.” (Hadith)

9. “The key to the prayer (salah) is cleanliness, its beginning is takbir (saying Allahu Akbar) and its ending is salam (salutation).”

10. “For Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean...” (al-Baqara, 222).

11. “Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete His favor to you, that ye may be grateful.” (al-Maida, 6).

12. “He caused rain to descend on you from heaven, to clean you therewith...” (al-Anfal, 11).

13. Another hadith that reminds us the principle of cleanliness is as follows: “Allah is clean; He loves clean people.”

14. Sayyiduna Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that, “The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would not refuse perfume.” [Bukhari and Tirmidhi]

15. Abu Hurayra (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Anyone offered rayhan (basil perfume) should not decline it. It is light in weight and fragrant in scent.” [Muslim].

16. Cleanliness is an obligation in Islam. In the following Hadith, the meaning of a clean and pleasant body and soul is portrayed by Sayyiduna Anas (may Allah be pleased with him):

17. “I did not touch any silk brocade nor silk softer than the palm of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace). I did not smell any scent sweeter than the scent of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him). I served the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, for ten years and he never said to me, ‘Uff’ nor did he say about anything I had done, ‘Why did you do that?’ nor about anything I had not done, ‘Why did you not do that?’“[Bukhari and Muslim]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Conversion Testimony Of Paul Ado Bayero (Grandson Of Emir Of Kano) / Mercy Killing: The Christian View. . . / Ogboni Fraternity (rof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.