Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators (14307 Views)

Idris Ahmed: DSS Arrests Man Who Exposed Wanted Boko Haram Commander Whereabout / Obama Calls Buhari As DSS Arrests Al-Barnawi, ISIS-Recognised Boko Haram Leader / DSS Arrests Azubuike Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Built2last: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
nawa
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by tinktanker: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nigeria is really heading for doom. This government is the most useless govt since the history of Nigeria.this is democratic anarchy. APC IS A CURSE ON NIGERIANS

3 Likes

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Firefire(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
undecided

“corrupt usage of local government funds for state purposes.”

Other charges against the governors by the legislators include “Inadequate explanation of N1 billion commercial agriculture (CBN) loan, non-remittance of pension funds to pension administrators, non-remittance of 5 percent emirate councils funds, the gross misappropriation of bailout funds to the state by the federal government to settle workers’ salaries, including N10b for 2014 and N1.46b in 2016.”

The assembly members also accused Governor Yari of crippling governance in the state through his constant travelling abroad and his refusal to address the issues raised by them.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by phemmie06(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
Wetin concern agbero with overload, wetin concern DSS with impeachment saga? Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by IamtherealRita(f): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
[size=20pt]It is a normal thing in this country now, We are expecting DSS to arrest Nasarawa State workers for going on strike[/size]

undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Kobicove(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
Since when did it become a crime to impeach a governor of a state in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Jacko01: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
Lawmakers..... Dont you know that zamfara governor is buhari friend

So lawmakers cannot raise motion to impeach in some states

But it is completely allowed to happen in ekiti

See d selextive justice dat disgusts me

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by izzou(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
Bolustic:
The impeachment isn't about you and I, it's all about the sharing of loots that has gone sour. The legislators lost out and they want to revenge.

Let Yari buy 2016 Toyota SUV Prados for them like Ebonyi did and see if they wouldn't shut up.

I like how you read meaning in stories like this

Absolutely correct

They are not fighting for the masses. Instead of the slices, it must have been the crumbs that they are getting, hence the impeachment plot.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by EROMS38(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
D dullard won't listen to the state house of assembly members cos gov yari is one of d dullards favourites... So he has a hand in it.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by ikp120(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
papayeye:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/dss-arrests-zamfara-speaker-dep-others-over-plot-to-impeach-gov-yari/156079.html

My people please which day did it become a crime to legally impeach a governor or even a president?
#RestoreTheRuleOfLaw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Guyman02: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
DSS is no longer different from Police in a rural area, they arrest people for wondering and overloading grin
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
Life is reduced to a rivulet under dictatorship. But in freedom it becomes a boundless ocean
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by bejeria101(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
So apc impunity has reached dis level? Na wa. Wetin be dss mata if the lawmakers want to impeach the govnr? Daura disciples hope una dey see,then u open ur mouth to talk abt pdp,what rubbish are you doing,tampering with the legislative arm of a state?
#apcstoptheimpunity

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by eddylinks: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I thought u are pro biafra why are u interested in the politics of the north u despise so much
shut up ur mouth thr. Is politics of the north not part of Nigeria $ is he not a Nigerian
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by damon222: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
bishopkay:
This DSS of today ehn...dem don so drag that institution enter gutter.

I remember those days when u only see them with top government officials and on very rare occasions. But now they've so reduced themselves to be doing the work of the police. To the extent that I don't even know their job description anymore.

Alas how the mighty are fallen!
Which mighty dey fall? You have made very good points. Let us blame Buhari for this strange happenings.. Under this government, efcc can arrest, speed off to the nearest customary court, seek for extention to allow for long time to detain, and then detain and look for evident, under this Buhari government, dss has turn to police. Under rhis Buhari government, the dss, the efcc etc. do not know how many people are arrested, how many people are charged to court. How many cases have actually started. Under this Buhari government, every thing is gone meaningless. If Buhari, his zombies, the dss are an inch near normalcy, how come dss can arrest for planning an impeachment? Under normal situations, the dss should have asked the governor all the accusations first and follow up.Those are some of the points you would have mentioned and not how are the mighty fallen.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Klamour: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thought DSS is a Federal Agency not state and as such answerable to the DG.

Come ooo, Who's the DG of DSS sef?

Okay, Daura! Hmmmmmmm Naija, E don be!!
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Ndycharly: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
When has impeachment move become a crime , that people will be arrested for it. This country is something else. This is the kind of background Dullard laid down.

We jst need Biafra,,,,,,,,,,,,,period.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Opharhe: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
comradeson:

Yari is a total idiot.A complete nuisance to public service and a misuser of public funds.He flies private jet to Abuja at least 3 times in a week.He uses state funds as his personal bank account.What has Nigeria gotten to?How can a governor arrest the state speaker and his principal officers with the Secret Service?We have lost it in this country.That means he can arrest anybody who questions his bastardic shenanigans. This is totally preposterous. May God help Nigeria.I campaigned fully for Buhari right from 2003 up till 2015 but I'm almost beginning to think that I made a big mistake.
.... When someone you trusted so much ends up disappointing you to a point you find it hard to bear.

But i really wonder why so much faith has been invested in this man, Buhari... With what i knew about him(good and bad) at least before the 2015 elections, he doesn't worth the huge followership in my humble opinion.
God help and bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by reality2019(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
pity buhari and his footsoldiers after his tenure,imagine the kind of corruption going on and he claimed to be fighting corruption. when PDP take they have no hiding place.barayi kawai
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by precious1967(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
executive recklessness. d governor shld defend himself instead of harassin d legislatiors.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by eddy4naija: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
What is buhari and his APC barons turning this country to? So it has become a crime to impeach a sitting governor whereby the DSS is now a weapon in the hands of the APC governments at all levels to hunt real and perceived enemies. The country is in shambles today becos of the APC insensitivity and drunk for power at all means, thus this is the change they promised.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by passionate88: 7:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
comradeson:

Yari is a total idiot.A complete nuisance to public service and a misuser of public funds.He flies private jet to Abuja at least 3 times in a week.He uses state funds as his personal bank account.What has Nigeria gotten to?How can a governor arrest the state speaker and his principal officers with the Secret Service?We have lost it in this country.That means he can arrest anybody who questions his bastardic shenanigans. This is totally preposterous. May God help Nigeria.I campaigned fully for Buhari right from 2003 up till 2015 but I'm almost beginning to think that I made a big mistake.
No begin o, still get hope on the dullard, his best is yet to come

Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by bishopkay: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
damon222:
Which mighty dey fall? You have made very good points. Let us blame Buhari for this strange happenings.. Under this government, efcc can arrest, speed off to the nearest customary court, seek for extention to allow for long time to detain, and then detain and look for evident, under this Buhari government, dss has turn to polgovernment, the dss, the efcc etc. do not know how many people are arrested, how many people are charged to court. How many cases have actually started. Under this Buhari government, every thing is gone meaningless. If Buhari, his zombies, the dss are an inch near normalcy, how come dss can arrest for planning an impeachment? Under normal situations, the dss should have asked the governor all the accusations first and follow up.Those are some of the points you would have mentioned and not how are the mighty fallen.
True tak man...the impunity they were shouting during GEJ'S time, they have even added a new meaning to it. Thanks to Buhari
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by Reference(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
By 2019 everyone will be demystified.
Re: Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators by sancoplacid: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
So Nigeria democracy has turn to dem all crazy. Autocrazy gooment is birukutuharis gooment, infac the govano of zafara is an in law to the man on top. Haba APC

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS To Arraign Sowore In Court On Tuesday / Osinbajo Presides Over The National Research And Innovation Council Meeting / Wike: Nobody Can Rig Edo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.