Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Monarch Challenges Buhari, Governors To Use Made-in-nigeria Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monarch Challenges Buhari, Governors To Use Made-in-nigeria Cars (372 Views)

Aye Dee: Nigerians Being Lied To, Buhari & Governors Didn't Meet At Abuja House / Lauretta Onochie Mocks Fayose & FFK With Photos Of President Buhari & Governors / Nigerian Navy To Use 'made In Aba' Shoes, Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Monarch Challenges Buhari, Governors To Use Made-in-nigeria Cars by Zubby56(f): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Use Made-in-Nigeria cars, monarch urges Buhari, others. – Nigeria’s ailing economy is in need for diversification
– The Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi has given his own ideas on how to boost Nigeria’s economy
– His message is directed towards the president, state governors and other political office holders
The Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi has urged President Muhammadu Buhari, state governors and other political office holders to start using vehicles assembled in Nigeria.
The monarch made the comment in an interview with The Punch in Osogbo on yesterday, July 19.
Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi
According to him, patronising made-in-Nigeria vehicles, would help the local automakers to become better and create jobs for thousands of unemployed youths in the country.
READ ALSO: Panic in agencies as FG hires 18 audit companies to carry out forensic
He also opined that manufacturers of vehicles made in Nigeria take into consideration the peculiar nature of the country’s roads, their suspensions and other features, which he said will make them better than foreign ones.
His words:“I support the government of President Muhhamadu Buhati and I am proud of his achievements. But I want him to lead by using made-in-Nigeria cars.
“Let the governors, senators, members of House of Representatives, ministries, the police and others use vehicles made in our country. This will be difficult at the beginning but as time goes on, the local companies will grow, they will become better and we will all be better for it.
“The automobile company in Nnewi, Innoson, for instance, will be able to make bulletproof cars if they are patronised by the government and other individuals. We need to show that we believe in this country by patronising things produced here.
“We are just using our resources to develop auto industries of other countries and abandoning ours. Yet, we are quick to complain that the naira is losing value everyday. Patriotism has to come into play and I think the tariff on imported cars should be further increased to discourage many from buying imported vehicles.”
READ ALSO: 2016 budget: Presidency to comply with Fiscal Responsibility Act
Meanwhile, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Godwin Emefiele has admitted that Nigeria is experiencing economic stagnation and inflation at the same time.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Judicial Report And The Curious Silence Of The Nigerian Media / Edo Woman's Akara Thrown Away By Men Of Tax Force (video) / Buhari Appointment Is Baffling Me O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.