Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,715 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) (41012 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / Toyota Unveils Its Self-driving E-palette Delivery Pod / Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Prince202020(m): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
This one no fit for our country naija, pothole go redirect am go another side.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by jerryunit48: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
negz1:
in oshodi?
No in the city of Mannheim in Germany check the plate number it is MA - which stands for Mannheim am not joking

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by CharlieMaria(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
In Nigeria it will self bash
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Ochendo3: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Sunofgod:
Peace Mass Transit - Place your order!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-dLUh1HevVCw/V2jlvKNo0FI/AAAAAAAAhrU/gAdV_JgquIsyP7JNYBUatj-lN_i2QOG2gCK4B/s1600/Untitled-6.jpg[/img]
peace mass drivers are 2 rouf d bus won't last in there hands... Come 2 tink of it d owner of peace mass can't even afford it even if he sales off al his buses n clso down his acc
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by KAYD007(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Was it not a self telsa driving car that killed it's owner recently in USA because it could not differentiate between the white skyline and other white colored vehicles in the environs......I will pass!! me wey even enjoy manual driving pass automatic....na self driving one I wan try? fcking trust no machine with ma life wey no get duplicate copy saved in ma office laptop undecided

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by dadido(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nice one but with the pot holes in Nigeria i dont think it can work

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by manuelrukky(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
osaslord500:

Which of the Nigeria?
Nigeria in an alternate universe I guess
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by comeandmarry: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
Abeg incase it enters naija and you see P.M.T crested on its Body....avoid it like EFCC
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by PrinceEvolution(m): 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
i fear u oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...can u tell me the headquarters of mercedes in europe??i live in hamburg if care to know..now u said this bus was built in your city and u saw them testing some of it..?meanwhile as the post indicated the bus were been tested from schipol to harleemso tell me something cuz i think am missing a point here..huh
jerryunit48:
This bus is built in the city I stay I saw them test driving some really
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Bluffly: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
estyvino:
With Naija pot holes! Na only the bus will be alarming! I need directions, please help!
Is it just pot holes. The roads are not naked too
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
Why u no test am 4 Lagos? Na dat time we go believe say e dey work well well
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by jerryunit48: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
PrinceEvolution:
i fear u oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...can u tell me the headquarters of mercedes in europe??i live in hamburg if care to know..now u said this bus was built in your city and u saw them testing some of it..?meanwhile as the post indicated the bus were been tested from schipol to harleemso tell me something cuz i think am missing a point here..huh
My guy Mannheim is where most of Mercedes buses are built and I saw them test drive buses almost on a daily bases but maybe this particular one was done somewhere else
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by graciousme(f): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
kindly follow the link below to take part in an independent survey on genetically modified crops in Nigeria. Survey takes just few minutes.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLvbgIbUnannWQCz01AW8FIVT1aq4JCba1ki6lQV84QAcKBQ/viewform

Thanks
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Redstone(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Wow wow wow, what a class.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by yipata: 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
VERY CORRECT AND MISSION/ GOALS ACHIEVEMENT

pointstores:
product of vision
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by iamord(m): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kelvic4real:
Hmm. Soon computer wil replace human labour and this will cause high level of unemployment and social vices
of course.. We are switching to more of brain power than carrying ponpon
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by chadwickcollins(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
This bus don dey 4 enugu since last year na
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by histemple: 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
dfrost:
Won't be surprised if some Nigerians have ordered this already.

To be driven on which road?
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by tjmc: 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
AjayiWrites2:
I see Nigeria reaching this peak soon... Nice, nice innovation...

See more pictures here..

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/07/mercedes-benz-unveils-its-self-driving.html

for your mind u think say this cursed nation would reach that level soon. if u are actually dreaming make I wake u up to reality.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by SmartMugu: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Definitely not for Nigerian roads. Some terrible roads will render the bus confused.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by sacostyles(m): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
osaslord500:

Which of the Nigeria?

The one u r asking this kind of question from angry or is there Nigeria on the moon?

It is people like u Thomas Edison made his billions off
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Jok3r(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
AjayiWrites2:
Mercedes-Benz has revealed its design for an autonomous bus, which recently made its first self-driven journey along a 20-kilometre-long route in the Netherlands

Developed based on technology in the company's autonomous truck, the Future Bus is able to drive itself along suitable routes, communicate with traffic lights to cross junctions, and automatically stop at stations.

The Future Bus recently made a 20 kilometre trip from Amsterdam's Schiphol airport to the nearby town Haarlem, which the company claims makes it the first automated city bus tested in a real-life traffic situation.

"[Future Bus] makes public transport safer, more efficient and more productive," said Wolfgang Bernhard, board member of Mercedes-Benz's parent company Daimler AG.
"More people can travel from A to B quickly, punctually and in comfort, to the benefit of all: bus operators, bus drivers and passengers."

The Future Bus is driven by CityPilot technology – a self-driving system based on Highway Pilot, from the company's autonomous Actros truck.

Using cameras, radar and GPS systems, the bus is able to recognise and communicate with traffic lights, allowing it to drive through the junctions they control.

The bus – developed by the company's Daimler Trucks department – also has an auto-brake system that can recognise obstacles, like pedestrians crossing the road, to avoid collisions.

It is able to automatically halt at bus stops, where it will open and close its doors for passengers to get on and off.

The driving status of the bus is indicated through coloured strips of light on its exterior – white for manual and blue for automated.
Doors are similarly illuminated to speed up passenger boarding and embarking, with the exit marked in red and the entrance in green.

Inside, the bus is divided into three zones – a service zone at the front, an express zone in the middle for passengers travelling short distances, and a lounge zone at the back for long-distance travellers.

Many companies are proposing ideas for autonomous vehicles and supporting infrastructure as the technology edges closer to ubiquity.

Source:

http://www.dezeen.com/2016/07/19/mercedes-benz-self-driving-future-bus-autonomous-vehicle/

Watch video here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufpIq35KEwY

not to b used in naija.... our road is na wac
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by harmbhrosz(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
AjayiWrites2:

Its an autonomous bus (Automatic), the driver is just there just in case things want to go out of hand. The bus works 100% on its own
Africans we don't read why Always in a rush for conclusions

It is boldly written there that it's both manual and automated

White light for manual
Blue light for Automatic
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by smallJagaban: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
THIS IS CONFIRM CAR, CONFIRM MACHINE NOT RICKETY INNOSON COMPANY THAT ASSEMBLE SPARE PARTS TOGETHER...
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by DonPhilip8: 11:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
For your mind
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Gkemz: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
This technology cannot work with typical Nigerian Lagos traffic. Imagine a computerized bus like this stops over for you to enter without any driver inside.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by danypst: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
so good! At least naija police no go know who to collect money from, as no driver, no conductor... Lol
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kelvic4real:
Hmm. Soon computer wil replace human labour and this will cause high level of unemployment and social vices
that's what they said about Sewing machines.
go and learn to program the buses. see, new job has been created just less stress
na the lazy ones wen no wan use dia brain go suffer
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by danypst: 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
smallJagaban:
THIS IS CONFIRM CAR, CONFIRM MACHINE NOT RICKETY INNOSON COMPANY THAT ASSEMBLE SPARE PARTS TOGETHER...
which one u fit do Mr Hate. U fit even couple wrist watch. U think its only in nigeria we have companies who deals on car-coupling. Just hating for nothing. Tribal bigot!
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by smallJagaban: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
danypst:

which one u fit do Mr Hate. U fit even couple wrist watch. U think its only in nigeria we have companies who deals on car-coupling. Just hating for nothing. Tribal bigot!

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU MISS ROAD?
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by Daemonsanti(m): 1:08am On Jul 21, 2016
I respect the engineers who created this Bus.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) by dopedealer(m): 2:01am On Jul 21, 2016
See aS the Good samaritan return the ipad the little gurl forgot. Nija ninjas be pocketing IPad since 1960 be like see as God bless me grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Two Vehicles Have A Better Interior? / 5 Small Things Nigeria Police Will Use To Catch You Big Time / Innoson Motors Delivers 77 New Vehicles To FRSC - Exclusive Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.