Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Studying Medicine In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying Medicine In Canada (2124 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Studying Medicine In The USA / Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying Medicine In Canada by mumexcellency(f): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
My fellow nairaland users, please i need your help. My cousing want to study medicine in canada as an undergraduate. Kindly advise on how we can go about it. Give us list of universities that we can choose from, requirement, fees, and any other relevant information. Thank you.
Re: Studying Medicine In Canada by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 21, 2016
mumexcellency:
My fellow nairaland users, please i need your help. My cousing want to study medicine in canada as an undergraduate. Kindly advise on how we can go about it. Give us list of universities that we can choose from, requirement, fees, and any other relevant information. Thank you.
Tell your cousin to try another country as it's next to impossible for a foreigner to study medicine in Canada except your country of origin has a special arrangement with some canadian uni (e.g some middle eastern countries).
Re: Studying Medicine In Canada by kife(m): 7:36am On Jul 21, 2016
princey83:

Tell your cousin to try another country as it's next to impossible for a foreigner to study medicine in Canada except your country of origin has a special arrangement with some canadian uni (e.g some middle eastern countries).

Next to impossible?
how do u mean??
Re: Studying Medicine In Canada by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
kife:

Next to impossible?
how do u mean??
Canadian universities have very limited seats and can't even accomodate most of it's citizens. A potential candidate would usually have over 90% in high school, an extensive record of volunteering work, a Bsc with high distinction, succesfully pass entrance tests, and scale through 3 or more face to face interviews which involves current students and facultirs.. Current students would most times tell you they got in after the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

As at 2011, there were over 3500 canadians studying medicine outside the country..the number would have likely doubled by now, since its very difficult to get admissions into canadian schools. They hope to returrn as international medical graduates.

There is no harm in trying though.
Re: Studying Medicine In Canada by mumexcellency(f): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
princey83:

. Thanks for your response, what about Germany? Better still can you list some countries we can try please. I appreciate.
Re: Studying Medicine In Canada by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
mumexcellency:
. Thanks for your response, what about Germany? Better still can you list some countries we can try please. I appreciate.
I dont know about Europe, but i suggest carribean universities that have affiliations with some american schools.

(1) (Reply)

10 Of The World's Hardest-to-get Visas / Advise On How To Send An Invitation Later To Non Nigeria Want To Visit Nigeria / Does Anyone Know How To Check Open Visa Appointment Slots For US Embassy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.