Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools (23942 Views)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX / PHOTO: Lagos Primary School Where Pupils Pay Up To N4M Per Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by realsolver: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
#AllahuAkbar!!! *EMINENT THOUGHT*

Allah uses them to make His law triumph likes He used the unbelievers after the treaty of udaibiyah, like he used the hatred of Umar BN Khattab to lead him to Islam.

I don't think ordinarily Muslim students would have achieved general and public ruling as this if the teachers have not shown their bitterness at first.

We would have still remained at the usage after and outside school hours.

A situation we have resigned to for long a time without much ado.

But when ALLAH wants His will be done, He uses the christian teachers to ignite the process.

*What a Lord!*

He allows the enemy to plan but His plans is magnificent and perfect.

*We are very grateful to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.*

*CONGRATULATIONS!*

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Ohaneche(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ndi Arakuba and Okwu n'uka are 5&6
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by sexychocho(f): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kk

Dats dia Business oooo
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
AbuTwins:
ALHAMDULILLAH.....SAY NO TO ISLAMOPHOBIA....
THEY CALL US TERRORIST, NOW WHO IS DENYING US OUR RIGHT AS MUSLIM.
HIJAB, JILBAB, KHIMAR, NIQOB IS OUR RIGHT EVERYWHERE, WHETHER SOME MUSLIMS FAIL TO USE IT OR NOT IT DOES NOT CHANGE.
FREEDOM OF RELIGION....
terrorism is why we are against hijab, we know how your women have strapped bomb under hijabs to kill innocent Nigerians all in the name of allah
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
2dugged:
where in Edo state?
Okada in Ovia Northeast local govt
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Whoever is not satisfied shld honourably appeal the judgement,period.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by maxwell87: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
When the governor was a Muslim, it was d governor that influenced the judges. Noe that the governor is a Christian, it is no longer the jov mmb of the governor but Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Smooyis(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lamasta:
I hope they also allow the other religion too cos we don`t want what happen in OSUN to repeat itself o......

Nigeria we attach religion to almost everything including politics and yet only few are TRUELY RELIGIOUS......

You mean only few people are truly Godly.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by tunshe: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=14pt]It is court of appeal that will destroy this country. I just de wonder why and how will we bring Religion into Education. That's absurd! That's why other countries are far better than us.

Just tell me how using of hijab will boost their brain or make them obedient. Nonsense

Part of what will destroy this country is RELIGION[/size].

In Oshiomole's voice...." Go and peme!!!".
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Lamasta(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
Smooyis:

You mean only few people are truly Godly.
Yes I repeat FEW cos Nigeria and Africa as a whole we place much emphasis on unmeaningful things, Is School MOSQUE where you put on Hijab to or is SCHOOL Church where you put on garment or Choir robe to?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by AttahOnuh: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ambode ensure you employ bomb detectors on school .
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by seemsnice: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
saintikechi:
islamizing south west is buhari's main project.
best mumu of the millennium, wen CAN visited him in Aso Rock, U a dead den.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
carinmom:

God bless you my sister, most of them are either ignorant or intentionally shouting islamization. Even the Muslims are not forced to wear the hijab according to this ruling much less christians.

victorrrryyyyyy.....!!!! congratulations to us! grin Alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by HaneefahRN(f): 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Like I knew the Town criers would have started their jobs like the hijab is being put on they or their children's heads. Contact me if you need buckets to cry into tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by MeAboki(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
realsolver:
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!!!!
Alhamdulillah. if u are not okay you can go to supreme court..

Muslims should be allowed to cover their daughters modesty; while those who want their children to expose their unclothedness should also be free to do so.

Alhamdulillahi for this judgement.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by dayorx(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
MrOlai:
Why were the female Muslim students denied their right of using Hijab before?

This is a picture of British Muslim Police women in uniform with their Hijab in UK.

Bros this is NOT the british police .... although a man or woman may choose to cover their hair in the UK though...its allowed

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by nextstep(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
Iceberg3:

you are just contradicting urself,u stated the obvious,naija is a secular nation with diverse tribes and religion,is'nt it wise for every public institution,especially public educational institutions, to put religion and its affiliations aside,separate it from public institutions,to avoid unnecessary conflits and confrontations?

I wonder how on earth those appeal court judges arrive @ such junk decisions!

Just because you don't see the need to wear a hijab does not mean that you should not allow those who want to - this is the difficult part, because if we do as you said (separate religion and its affiliations aside), who gets to make that law? Religious or secular MPs? Both? Keep in mind that they have to represent the views of their particular constituencies (i.e. the wish of the people who voted them in)

It might be seen as self-contradiction, but I think it reflects the fact that it's a complicated issue. If you aim to have a secular country, you must be careful not to treat any religion as more special than other religions:
- either by elevating it by forcing the wearing of hijab, or
- subjugating it by insisting that nobody should wear hijab.

A truly secular society must be seen as neutral, which means in essence: one is free to practice one's religion as they see fit. Of course we need to balance this freedom with other secular rights, and this is an ongoing process in many countries, including ours.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Iceberg3: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
nextstep:

It might be seen as self-contradiction, but I think it reflects the fact that it's a complicated issue. If you aim to have a secular country, you must be careful not to treat any religion as more special than other religions:
- either by elevating it by forcing the wearing of hijab, or
- subjugating it by insisting that nobody should wear hijab.

A truly secular society must be seen as neutral, which means in essence: one is free to practice one's religion as they see fit.

("OF COURSE,BUT SECULAR MEANS NEUTRAL,LIKE U PUT IT,NOT ALLOWING UNNECESSARY DESTRACTIONS THAT ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING CONFRONTATION,CONFLITS AND CONFUSSION..RELIGION AND ITS AFFILIATION IS ENTIRELY AND 100% DIFFERENT AND MUST BE SEPARATED FROM PUBLIC EDUCATION. YEP,YOU ARE FREE TO PRACTISE YOUR RELIGION,BUT DEFINITELY NOT IN A NON RELIGIOUS ENVIRONMENT OR INSTITUTION LIKE BASIC PRIMARY OR POST PRIMARY SCHOOLS..IT'S ONLY PERMITTED OR ALLOWED IN RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS,SECULARITY OR NOT."wink

Of course we need to balance this freedom with other secular rights, and this is an ongoing process in many countries, including ours.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by carinmom(f): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
khalifahsparkles:

victorrrryyyyyy.....!!!! congratulations to us! grin Alhamdulillah

Masha'Allah, I'm happy for Lagosians, its victory indeed.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by tunjidj3: 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
END TIME THING
IN CASE THE SCHOOL ARE TO BE DELIBRATLY ATTACK MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION. REPENT NOW Scripture being fulfilled.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by just2endowed: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Why is islam mention in the Nigerian constitution for the first place? Why not other religion mentioned and let's know we are all equal. Fake country.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
herzern:
This is Zahra Buhari
She is a Muslim...
Her father is an Islamic fanatic
Buh..she doesn't use HIJAB
Be like Zahra grin
so what's ur headache over someone else who chooses to use it?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by lielbree: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
crusadistic:

Gerrarahia! ipob wailer...you think the yoruba's are closed minded bigots like ibos or the fanatics up north.
Iranu, who said the terrorist would be yoruba?
By the time a boko haram member will disguise like a girl and blow the place up then you'll know!
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by zeyney(f): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
2dugged:
where in Edo state?
am from Edo state and a Muslim.what d brother said is very true. almost all government sch allow d use of hijab.and even my secondary sch was a private one and I was allowed to use hijab.though most ignorant people still mistake me for a northerner
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by kemzyAjaks(f): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Alhamdulillah robil alamin.....we o still win niqab sef...
Mind you, hijab z not just a clothing...its an obligation from the book which muslims follow... To some without it, they feel naked..so why d ish about islamization? Did dey force oda ppl to wear it??...can you put on a choir regalia to apply for job? Or a traditionalist attire?? See....we use it anywhere and we're proud of it...there's nothing like bringing religion into school...its already part of us..don't you get??...think of whats in d head…not what's on it

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
saintikechi:
islamizing south west is buhari's main project.
one trailer of orijin and one pot of peppersoup for this guy

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by page5: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
jrusky:
Gradually Nigeria is going down the drain they have succeded in Osun its now Lagos from Lagos to Ogun from Ogun to Ondo state or Ekiti after that they will face South and South East Nigerians can you see yourseives bit by bit Nigeria is gradually becoming Islamic Republic.

Amaechi, Okorocha, Ngige, OBJ can you see what you went to bought with your money FROM MARKET This was how Turkey that was once the seat of Christendom was taken over by Muslim go and read the history they began from Schools before the European knew what was going on sharia war broke out and that was the end till today Turkey is 99% Muslim.

And by the way why wearing hijab in public school if not they are looking for trouble I had said this long ago that Nigeria ain't seen anything yet the deal was done and sealed only God can stop them I had being aware of this game plan since Tinubu and Buhari signed agreement and this is why they are angry with Saraki their mission is to win the election and Tinubu the Vice and signed Islamic Nation for Nigeria.

All you Christians the foolish myopic ones that voted for APC UNA SEE UNA SELF, UNA SEE UNA LIVES. Quote me they are coming to Imo State when done with the West I repeat quote me and you will be surprise Okorocha will say a word like "it does not matter its a freedom of religion" and that is finish just watch the game plan.

Part of the game plan is to:

imposing Hijab dress code on all NTA staffs and compulsory Islamic teaching on all on NTA.
Imposing Hijab on all Fed Govt offices across the nation.
Imposing Hijab or soft Islam teaching on Schools and make it a compulsory subject in all schools

More more more I keep quiet for now........................just the the drama like a joke till all are gone. I'm still asking God what was Nigeria sin that this Amagedon party won election APC is Nigeria punishment I swear a party in power who are not borther about people lives or better living but only to lies, blame, complain, Lazy, directionless, Islamic in totality, Lopsided style of ruling, democratic juntas, Islamist fundamentalist sympatizers, failure in fact APC is DEVIL.

Pure and Undiluted conspiracy theory.

If you have spent this much time to think this way.........it is indeed eye-opener to assess your reasoning. No offence intended.

Need I remind you that a Muslim governor who is a prominent member of APC and who Tinubu could have influenced easily then, Babatunde Raji Fashola banned hijab in 2014 in Lagos public schools when GEJ was the president of Nigeria.

How do you connect this to APC'S plot to islamic nigeria?

You talked about Turkey from the position of ignorance.

Who told you that Turkey became 99.9% Muslims because of Hijab?

Do you really know the history of Turkey? You obviously don't from your statement.

Please Google is your friend, you can get more than enough information on turkey through Google instead of fabricating lies.

Go and learn about Ottoman Empire.

Several ignorant Christians were jubilating in 2014 when a lagos high court judge by name Onyeabor denied Muslim students the wearing of hijab then, we know the judge is a Christian. We also knew a christian was our president then, Muslims didn't cry christianization of Nigeria.

I am a Yoruba Muslim but 50% of my extended family members are Christians and it doesn't bother me whatever any of them chose to worship but so many people especially the Christians always claim that Muslims are not tolerant but they in actual fact do exactly what they accuse Muslims of.

When government policies are in favour of Christians, it is in order and perfect. But they cry blue murder when Muslims demand one right or the other.

On the hijab, there was no issue before some over-zealous principal beat some pupils to pulp for wearing hijab!

We ask, who is afraid of HIJAB for our children in schools
How does the wearing of Hijab affect others to the extent of a state governor resorting to its banned.

Several pictures of Nuns, Holy Mary and devoted Christians in History depicts the wearing of garment similar to hijab and the so called commentators ignore the pictures and will not admit that the purest of the women in Christiandom (Holy Mary- Mother of Jesus) wore hijab or veil covering her hair in all her life.

Who should Female Christians copy? The holy Mary or the western image of an ideal woman who will spend 150k to buy Brazilian hair!

Since I was born, Sundays have always been a work - free day in nigeria while Fridays are working days. Yet Christians will not talk about secularism on this. Muslims could have insisted that either we both have Sundays and Fridays or we cancel Sundays as work-free day.

Same, is morning prayers in all public schools, From Mondays to Thursdays, morning prayers are conducted in Christian ways, for more than 7 decades! Some of us were beaten in those days for not coming to the assembly with our songs of praise then when they know we were not Christians. It goes on till now, Muslims have tolerated this without any qualms, but just for a few Muslim pupils to wear hijab, some vocal Christians think we don't have the right to do that.

Are they telling us, we are second class citizens?

For those who can reflect on just these two examples, are Christians being fair to us?

Despite infringing on our pupils right to wear hijab, we decided to do it the legal way, which is allowed by the constitution, yet some will not stop insulting us.

Now, when a mentally deranged person like the unfortunate soul who killed 84 people in France is seen with a Muslim name, even though he was well known to eat pork and drink alcohol heavily, then several of these uninformed and mischievous Christians will insult everything associated with Islam and Muslims with relish.

Respect is a two-way road, it 8s reciprocal. if you don't have regards for me, don't expect me to have or tolerate you too

A very large percentage of the uninformed commentators here have never left their region, state or village.

They actually know very little, yet they consider themselves as experts!

Hijab is used freely by pupils in British and other European union countries with far less Muslim population than nigeria!

So, why should nigeria be different?

We all don't and will never see things the same way because we see from different point, therefore, our point of view will be different.

We should sincerely learn to truly tolerate other people not only in our actions but also in our comments especially when we are faceless.

Since colonial

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by geniune(m): 6:53am On Jul 22, 2016
ALHAMDULILLAHI
ALLAH AKBAR
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by cg053: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2016
University Of Ibadan Doctors Discover Cure For AIDS, Publish In Accredited Scientific Journals
-
Nigerian physicians and researchers have discovered a tested cure for HIV virus, the cause of AIDS.

The team of researchers who found this cure in pilot studies, Dr. Onifade Abdulfattah Adekunle, M.B.B.S., M.S., Ph.D of the Immunology unit, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Jewell AP from India, and Dr. Adedeji WA, converted several patients from an HIV positive status to a negative status in four months after first eliminating most symptoms of AIDS in the first three weeks on the remedy.

The cure which is a well known and recognized herb/seed has been promised according to Muslim scripture to “hold a cure to every disease except death,” in a statement credited to Islam’s Prophet, Mohammed(s).

The studies below were published in the African Journal Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine and the second study in the Journal of Herbal Medicine.By no coincidence, mainstream media has been silent about these ground-breaking results since it was discovered.

The Cure

Natural Society reports:

Nigella Sativa, also known as “black seed,” is experiencing a boom in popularity as the number of scientific studies affirming its long-supposed benefits are coming to light. Now, a remarkable case study stands to add “HIV treatment” to its list of potential benefits.

MUSLIM HADITH

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) said: “Use this Black Seed regularly, because it is a cure for every disease, except death.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

First Study

The study, published in the African Journal of Traditional, Complementary, and Alternative Medicine, tells the story of an HIV patient who went into complete remission after black seed treatment.

As published in the first study, the patient was treated with Nigella sativa for a period of six months, after which there was no detectable HIV virus or antibodies against HIV in his bloodstream. Further, the HIV stayed gone.

The study abstract explains that the patient, who saw an herbalist, was suffering with symptoms common in HIV, including chronic fever, weight loss, lesions, and diarrhea. But the black seed treatment had impressive and near-immediate results.

“The patient was commenced on Nigella sativa concoction 10 mls twice daily for 6 months.. He was contacted daily to monitor side-effects and drug efficacy. Fever, diarrhoea and multiple pruritic lesions disappeared on 5th, 7th and 20th day respectively on Nigella sativa therapy. “

On the 187th day, HIV tests came back negative. Further, 24 months after the therapy was stopped, the tests remained negative for HIV and HIV antibodies, researchers, Onifade AA1, Jewell AP, and Adedeji WA published.

Abstract contd. Examination revealed moderate weight loss, and the laboratory tests of ELISA (Genscreen) and western blot (new blot 1 & 2) confirmed sero-positivity to HIV infection with pre-treatment viral (HIV-RNA) load and ... read more
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by TUNDE2015: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2016
Honestly i still don't understand the fuss about wearing hijab. Its the least of what should bother us as its not new to us anyway. Some people claim they will hide bomb under their hijab. Most of us attended one higher institution or the other wherein you are allowed to wear whatever. Apparently there are lot of Muslims that wears hijab in these institutions and i don't think there has ever been anycase of such even in the north. Just let peace reign and move on.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by AbuTwins: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2016
2dugged:
terrorism is why we are against hijab, we know how your women have strapped bomb under hijabs to kill innocent Nigerians all in the name of allah

Sorry, If hoodlums are using the police uniforms, Priest Uniforms to perpetrate evil, what will we do? Tell me you will go against all this too?
BIASED BIGOT, I THINK YOU ARE THE OPPRESSOR, THE TERRORIST

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) / Which Of These Is Correct? / 1.4m Students Prepare As JAMB Announces UTME Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.