Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA (20242 Views)

FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2016
NO WAY
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by yeyeboi(m): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2016
We wake up to new bullshiits in Nigeria and the wicked part is the masses are the ones suffering it.

May GOD save us all from leadership bondage

Good Morning My Fellow NairaLanders. grin smiley

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by pinkguy(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2016
Sai baba
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by happney65: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2016
eyeview:

The man Buhari never had a midas touch. Instead,anything he touches dies. The man toppled a thrivng economy of Shagari's govt and in 10months reduced to one which the people were now queueing on the streets to receive cups of rice,salt,sugar,garri and other essential commodities to feed.
I blame Nigerians who felt that a man whose last result was First school leaving cert(since its obvious he never made it to write waec) could steer a modern economy like ours to prosperity.

omolola15 Nigerian Presidential Zoombie come and see this..The same Man that was president and you had inflation that went over the roof,you voted him again..That was why i never supported him from day 1..But una no dey get sense at all..Odikwa Foolish..

4 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by henrygale(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2016
Soon,it will be tax on garri,yams and beans.
Way to go buhari and APC!

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by aljharem(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2016
It is all part of change. Enjoy
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by henrygoody(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2016
This is just wickedness
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by porka: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2016
Abacha stove fabrication is on the rise.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by futurenix(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2016
I am smelling revolution very close. The rich still wants to be getting richer at the expense of the downtrodden.

They have been very attentive to the huge amounts you guys have been wasting with nothing to show for.

When this unrest begins, there will be no where to hide for you the leaders. Keep on pushing the poor masses to the edge and at the same time increasing their numbers as they get retrenched from their jobs.

Even the western nation will deny you asylum cause they are and have been watching you.

6 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by tjmc: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2016
if bubu like make him introduce tax for leggediz Benz (trekkers). we go survive
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2016
Bini people will say "Ama re né?,naija be suffering and smiling, we will all suffer the consequences of bad government, whether you didn't vote like me or not
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by maduxs: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2016
LOL I'm not in Nigeria
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by benELOHIM7(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2016
Chai buhari
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by lamideee(f): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2016
Clueless administration,se na wetin we send you to do na him una do? This is the worst government have seen. Won o mo nkankan se rara. Olorun ma fi iya je generation yin be se ni ara ilu lara

3 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 22, 2016
WHY on heart did i waste vote on this useless, heartless, blood-thirsty, self-serving, odoriferous nomad?...*singing R-kelly's* if i could turn back d hand of time....

6 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Joehong(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2016
THIS BOY MOHAMMED ILIYASU HASSAN LEFT HOUSE ON 17TH JULY 2016 AND NEVER RETURN HOME. ANY BODY THAT KNOW OR SEE HIM SHOULD CONTACT 08166451490

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by tjmc: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2016
if them like they should introduce trekking tax. APC at work. bastards

3 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by passionate88: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2016
Hahahahahaha.... .. my belle o

They are searching for the promised chanji

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2016
Nigeria is paying for its decades of waste, stupidity, madness and lack of vision.

The same irresponsible FG has refused to provide the people with such basic amenities as stable electricity supply neither has it allowed states to generate and distribute stable power to their local indigenous, people. The FG has always been a burden on the people.

If there was stable supply of electricity, Nigerians wouldn't be consuming so much petroleum products. Individual power generating sets consume at least 30% of our daily fuel consumption.

The APC has removed fuel subsidy due to falling oil prices in the international market. Now it's suggesting we get taxed whenever we buy fuel. Isn't this madness? Let the lawmakers and state assembly workers reduce their salaries and allowances drastically to reflect the prevailing economic realities. The nation is broke. Dead broke.

If we don't get our politics right, we can't get our economy right. It's time to restructure this nation. It's time to ensure everyone contributes their quotas to the centre. It's time to decentralise this country. The FG must relinquish a lot of its powers and controls to the states.

We've always been a poor nation. We were only deceived by the high prices of oil in the International markets.

We wasted our 7 years of economic boom and abundance. It's time to experience our 7 years of hunger and frustration. We've set up ourselves for failure.

Restructure this country. Nigeria still has a date with truth. The government is broke and desperately needs revenue. The fastest way to do that is through taxation. Government doesn't get revenue from the Heavens.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by banmee(m): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2016
MARKone:
We are in a deep s#it with this government. So Nigerians will now have to pay for the shortfall in oil revenue, as if we except the NDA are the cause. Well the are just proposing, but if Nigerians allow this proposal to sail through, then we would be the greatest f00ls that walked planet earth. After buying fuel for #143, diesel #200, kerosene #214, they still want to add tax!! Heartless Bastards!!

That is how taxation works. You use it to compensate for shortfalls in revenue and or, redistribute income. The problem is, Nigerians are not normal and because of that can never do things the way normal people/countries do. This is what happens in a country where corruption has eaten every facet of life. What surprises me is, Nigerians are surprised that their country is the way it is. Lol. Funny. Their condition is like a student who refuses to study but expects to graduate with honors. grin Nigeria had more than 50 years to plan for a rainy day, but they were busy looting their own country. Smh. Germany has one the highest taxes in the world, but it's citizens don't complain because they know that the money will be used for what it is intended. In Nigeria, from the panel beater all the way to the president, are all looking for ways to shaft their own country. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by chikids(m): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
You don't want it taxed?? tell your brothers to stop blowing up pipes

But on the other hand keep blowing them up

Nigeria is not exporting enough crude to sustain her economy and as said , desperate times call for desperate measures , if we could export and produce enough , we'd have enough revenue , but in some people's warped Logic, It's Ok to blow up pipelines because Buhari called them 5% , It is Ok for avengers to cripple the economy because they are fighting for autonomy

But same set of people come here and rant and wail about how Buhari is making life hard for them ?? Na you do you

Buhari no dey buy petrol , Buhari no dey buy gas , Buhari no dey enter transport , All na you and your people everybody go suffer am

So , Common sense

You made no sense here

7 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by lagosrd: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:

Nigeria is not exporting enough crude to sustain her economy and as said , desperate times call for desperate measures , if we could export and produce enough , we'd have enough revenue , but in some people's warped Logic, It's Ok to blow up pipelines because Buhari called them 5% , It is Ok for avengers to cripple the economy because they are fighting for autonomy

But same set of people come here and rant and wail about how Buhari is making life hard for them ?? Na you do you

Buhari no dey buy petrol , Buhari no dey buy gas , Buhari no dey enter transport , All na you and your people everybody go suffer am

So , Common sense

You don't talk like this in public glare. Everyone is on hardship line. It's not a joke man, adding tax again will increase people's suffering and its either they cry unto GOD their maker for you or revolt. You will be surprised at how angry and hungry people behave barbaric. Sebi Una still get semo for house that's why you're typing what you like abi. It's a matter of time when it won't matter who a rich man is. But immediately you look like one or you dress like one then you go know wet in happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2016
This government wan kill person. Onto subsidy removal, they want to add taxation. What mess did we find ourselves in?
Massive job loss, high cost of production, biased employment opportunities, one sided political appointments, high foreign exchange, more than 100% increase in staple food, no power, untold bloodshed by boko haram and fulani herdsmen, agitation by Biafrans and Niger Deltans, political squabbles among those in leadership, daily news of rituals, wickedness and tribalism among the masses, currying of favour by members of the opposition, 'the economy technically in recession' and no concrete plans to provide alternative source of revenue.

Now taxation.
WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?
WHAT IS THE WAY FORWARD?

I recall how for years, we would pray for Nigeria and the leaders in church. Do I say it was all in vain?
I have made up my mind. Every man for himself abeg.

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by teegal3090(f): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2016
hope it doesn't get to tax on water
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by abraka00(f): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Na you go suffer mostly
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Charly68: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2016
NavierStokes:
the actions of this government brings the case of one "Rehoboam" to mind.

"Yes, my father laid heavy burdens on you, but I'm going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions"

going at this rate we may soon get this reaction from Nigerians:

"
So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to your own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents."
. Why didn't they tax the rich through capital gain tax and all sorts instead of taxing the common men .I think Nigerians have conceded too much for the Govt on many issues..they shouldn't take the masses for granted too much
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2016
An evidence that PDP indeed destroyed Nigeria by not saving for the future
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by chincent: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2016
The only comment I can make is rest in peace to BABA and APC.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2016
tukdi:
shocked we didn't vote in Apc to tax us unnecessarily! mtcheew!
Not "we " but "you ".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by gentle007(m): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:

So , Common sense
Not that am supporting NDA but be it known to you that 60% of the southern population may be able to afford petroleum products at any price. So reason objectively as the unpatriotic activities of the militants is not the sole reason of the dwindling fortunes of the government.

3 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Physicist(m): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2016
The total worldwide consumption of crude oil daily is about 90 million barrels. Nigerians are not consuming 55.5 million barrels daily as stated in the article.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2016
izzou:
Chaiiiii

I buy diesel at #230. And the want tax untop am

Wey dat KOWA party woman sef? You have my thumb in 2019
You have to bear with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Makinde’s Election As Oyo Governor / 39 Killed In Taraba As Christian & Muslim Mobs Clash / Kayode Ogundamisi And FFK's Tweets On TY Danjuma’s Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.