Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA (20241 Views)

FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by slap1(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2016
IgweBUIKE1:
if Niger delta were to be an independent country on his..are you saying naija will not survive..
diversify and restructure the economy rather than playing a blame game of chess

Don't mind that myopic fellow. Admitting that Buhari is a failure is difficult for most people. I pity those who travelled long distances and stood under the sun and rain to vote in this disaster of a government into power. It has never been worse than this.

In the time of GEJ, the agricultural sector was making giant strides, now the minister of agriculture is asking farmers to pay for security and talking about importing grass! This dullard of a president just compensated his incompetent allies with ministerial appointments to the detriment of our common good.

I spit on you, Buhari. You are a devil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by tete7000(m): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
You don't want it taxed?? tell your brothers to stop blowing up pipes

But on the other hand keep blowing them up

Nigeria is not exporting enough crude to sustain her economy and as said , desperate times call for desperate measures , if we could export and produce enough , we'd have enough revenue , but in some people's warped Logic, It's Ok to blow up pipelines because Buhari called them 5% , It is Ok for avengers to cripple the economy because they are fighting for autonomy

But same set of people come here and rant and wail about how Buhari is making life hard for them ?? Na you do you

Buhari no dey buy petrol , Buhari no dey buy gas , Buhari no dey enter transport , All na you and your people everybody go suffer am

So , Common sense

Are you justifying it is okay for govt to levy unnecessary and senseless multiple taxes on people whose salaries they have not paid ? Is it the fault of people that govt can't find solution to vandalism? Is that not one of their campaign promises? Did they not castigate the previous administration and call it clueless for failure to achieve that objective? They said their is no money, so where do they expect people to get money to pay the taxes? Maybe they have minting machines in their homes or it is not out of money in circulation people draw from? Oga stop supporting clueless govt. Many of these policies can't be sustained and will be dead on arrival.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by shaybebaby(f): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2016
TheAlchemist:

Your prophecy will not come to pass in Jesus name.
I see a prosperous Nigeria, Good People Great Nation.!
The people aren't good, nation is poor and a total jungle.
Until the change comes from within in the majority, the same is going to keep happening.
Change the mentality of being successful overnight, without sacrifice and hard work and think long term instead of the medium term.
Petrol should be taxed but not until there are proper measures to ensure that revenues will not be embezzled. This means weeding out corruption first before any large scale investment.
In the mean time, the hunger in the bellies of the masses will force the need to seek ways to survive with an eye on sustainability for the future.
Nigeria cannot be reliant on oil revenues forever, if oil prices rise again in the shorter term, in the long term, they will fall because other countries are already looking at sustainable and environmentally friendly ways of generating power, wind, solar and biotechnology are already being used and will increase in popularity once ways of reducing associated costs are reduced. Electric powered vehicles are already being used widely.
Only a matter of time before demand for fossil fuel falls with better and cheaper alternatives.

So we need to look for other ways to survive and the sooner we start, the better.

Corruption doesn't pay in the long run, even the rich who are stealing their monies from the country and diverting abroad find out that the worth of their naira converted to foreign currencies won't buy them as much as before. They are already downgrading from first class to business class, not on the same level of the poor but they are tightening their belts too.

So our president is doing the right thing and has got his priorities right, there will be casualties but without a bitter knock to the head, the system cannot change and it must change for there to be meaningful change. It will take a while as what he is battling is a dangerous ideology and mindset that has taken root.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Flyingngel(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2016
They should as well add air
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2016
I believe they dare not else will lose it.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2016
So now it's government's fault thjat Buhari did not order crackdown on avengers like Obasanjo did ?
tete7000:

Are you justifying it is okay for govt to levy unnecessary and senseless multiple taxes on people whose salaries they have not paid ? Is it the fault of people that govt can't find solution to vandalism? Is that not one of their campaign promises? Did they not castigate the previous administration and call it clueless for failure to achieve that objective? They said their is no money, so where do they expect people to get money to pay the taxes? Maybe they have minting machines in their homes or it is not out of money in circulation people draw from? Oga stop supporting clueless govt. Many of these policies can't be sustained and will be dead on arrival.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2016
Park well ........ sweet dreams
IgweBUIKE1:
if Niger delta were to be an independent country on his..are you saying naija will not survive..
diversify and restructure the economy rather than playing a blame game of chess
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2016
Lolest

bwahahahaha

wiseoneking:
Suffering and smiling. If buhari do not buy gas, you and you people do. You guys are presently worst than 5%. At least 5% did not give Buhari any vote but you 97% from SW are treated worst than 5% SE. The true 97% of the North is making mockery of you today. Northernisation AGENDA is on ground. Shame on you. Niger Delta are not benefiting from the oil, blowing it is not their concern. What is the gain of Lagos in the oil and refinery there now. They can only get 13% while the federal govt will gulp up 87% of which you are aware that more than 70% of this remaining govt 87% will go back to the Northern states. I know you are blind to see that. Awusa. I heard there is huge bitumem in ogun but 87% of it must be used to develope North while Ogun will thank the govt for 13% to them. Foolishness, while not other way round. You are excited about the crumbs. Thats how Ilorin was taking over from you today, having minority fulani ruling over a strong majority yoruba land. Today, another single hausa man is economically incharge of the Lagos and Ogun state, making him the only man that take economic decission for your region. IS ONLY WHEN YOU GUYS HEARS THAT BIAFRA WANTS TO LEAVE THAT YOU START CRYING LIKE A BABY. The wealth of SW states esp Lagos and Ogun is controlled by non indigine esp with the entry of an Hausa man Dangote who controls single handedly 4 largest private coy in the SW. Economy of SW is entirely on the so called visitors vis a vis the igbos, Dangote and Federal govt institutions. The day i see you boasting about Oshogbo, Adoekiti, ibadan etc and not Lagos aka nomansland, our former capital for 100 yrs build with SS Oil, i will start respecting you. i think your people are suffering most. Apart from Lagos our Nomansland, all SW states are owing salaries left and right. That the only zone with 5 of its 6 states struggling unlike other zones. Osun and Ekiti is the worst in Naija.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2016
who said so ? was it me ? everybody knows the lifeline in Nigeria is crude oil
MEGA4BILLION:

I thought Nigeria economy does not depend on crude oil revenue.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2016
You don't have to understand ....
masseratti:
i am trying to get the logic in what you just post, tax pms and ago that is already taxed? the pppra guys must be thinking about something else.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2016
bwahahahahahah , Mumurity is a disease
Pilate2016:
AFONJA! Have you condemned BUBU's shaddy appointments.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2016
Must you reply ?
chidooh1:
must you display senselessness in open
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2016
Heheheheheheheh

Do your dad and mum already have rooms there ?
lagosrd:

I actually thought I was talking with a sane person. Anyway head on to ARO and see for yourself what frustration has caused your more intelligent colleagues.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2016
You said it all , it's a spirited effort
awa:

Oga:

Despite the spirited effort you have made to justify this proposal, it beats my imagination that with your wealth of knowledge you still think the revenue of this nation can be improved upon just by mere new tax regime. Desperate times indeed call for desperate actions, Buhari should have toned down his utterances and embrace the nation as one without name callings. The 5% minority was one of his major flaws in the early days of his administration. After elections, next thing those that won calls for is unity and acceptance of all; not segregation like your Hero did.

Anyways, his remarks still does not justify blowing up of Pipe Lines and such should stop effective immediately with him reaching out and accepting flaws.

Having said that, one keep wondering where all the billions recovered so far are being spent on. Why don't we use same to cushion the effect of this desperate times we are in rather than taxing the already suffering masses. In your words, the president is not buying Fuels....Too bad we are still supporting wrong things just to show our loyalty to individuals or actions.

Naija people, we need to grow up ohhhh.... These Leaders might be the same after all - care less about the masses while the masses care much about them. Is time to pray for good leadership
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2016
BlackTrumpet:

What we need is TRUE FEDERALISM.Now it is clear to the country that you guys cant do without our oil.

Yeah, your oil
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by translux(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2016
CHANGE FROM BAD TO WORST
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by gabe: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2016
No sensible govt will ignore a product that sells up to 50million units a day. N2 on each litre of petrol+diesel+kerosine+cooking gas = N100mill daily (theoretically). It means fuel could move from 143 to 145, if govt can peg retail at 143. People already buy at 145. Only diff is govt makes N3 billion a month...
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by 400billionman: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2016
NavierStokes:
the actions of this government brings the case of one "Rehoboam" to mind.

"Yes, my father laid heavy burdens on you, but I'm going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions"

going at this rate we may soon get this reaction from Nigerians:

"
So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to your own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents."

This was exactly how Fashola ran lagos in his 8 years. Tax upon tax upon tax with all the attendant hardship. The Agric minister even wants to start taxing farmers. A very useless govt at it.

It is a Tinubu template and i foresaw it coming in 2014...
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by omozu1(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2016
The only thing i know
3 years no be forever
Very soon we go vote again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by 400billionman: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
gabe:
No sensible govt will ignore a product that sells up to 50million units a day. N2 on each litre of petrol+diesel+kerosine+cooking gas = N100mill daily (theoretically). It means fuel could move from 143 to 145, if govt can peg retail at 143. People already buy at 145. Only diff is govt makes N3 billion a month...

I am sure you dont have a car.

Govt taxes bank deposits, wants to tax farmers, now its fuel and kerosene..

How is this govt useful to masses ?

3 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by captain247: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2016
How can a govt that have his people at heart be extorting money from them through various means to enrich only those working in govt parastatals? They stop subsidizing fuel for the masses the only item most Nigerians benefit from the govt, they gave us darkness and double tariff fee for light per month, and now this. They lay up suffering in a roll to the poor and then start giving them a cup of rice with 1/2L of vegetable oil.
This present govt is wicked and heartless. Their reward awaits them dead or alive.

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by paroski: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:

Nigeria is not exporting enough crude to sustain her economy and as said , desperate times call for desperate measures , if we could export and produce enough , we'd have enough revenue , but in some people's warped Logic, It's Ok to blow up pipelines because Buhari called them 5% , It is Ok for avengers to cripple the economy because they are fighting for autonomy

But same set of people come here and rant and wail about how Buhari is making life hard for them ?? Na you do you

Buhari no dey buy petrol , Buhari no dey buy gas , Buhari no dey enter transport , All na you and your people everybody go suffer am

So , Common sense
if I may recall very well, I don't remember the NDA blowing up your region pipe line or your region oil. So keep your stinking mouth shut. Damn
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by NavierStokes(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2016
400billionman:

This was exactly how Fashola ran lagos in his 8 years. Tax upon tax upon tax with all the attendant hardship. The Agric minister even wants to start taxing farmers. A very useless govt at it.

It is a Tinubu template and i foresaw it coming in 2014...

Whatever the rationale behind these ideas, it's obviously a bad time for implementation considering the challenges the masses are facing.
They better sit up before people "collectively" start tinkering with "novel" ideas
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by 400billionman: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2016
herzern:
What exactly is our offence........Why can't Buhari implement commodity tax....yhu have more than car....yhu pay more tax......the more yhu have....the more yhu pay....People are suffering already PMB!!...TAX THE RICH

No mind the silly man.

Why not tax people who drive big cars like Landcruiser jeep and prado, Range rover and G wagon ? Tax them via the licensing office when they come for vehicle paper renewal annually.

They wont do it because they know its still them politicians who drive such cars.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by tete7000(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
So now it's government's fault thjat Buhari did not order crackdown on avengers like Obasanjo did ?

Did I say anything about crackdown? And when you say crackdown, are you by anyway insinuating Buhari didn't order a crackdown? I am saying that Buhari took a wrong policy direction as regards militancy. He met a peaceful system but unsettled it by choosing to use military option. That has failed and now the government is backtracking, using the method he once condemned and jettisoned. It is Buhari govt's fault that militancy resurfaced. His penchant for thinking only force can be used to resolve issue brought us here. They should take responsibility and stop burdening already burdened people with more loads of taxes.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by rockyh(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:

So , Common sense
u need a rocket launched slap to reset ur brain if I may ask u, what happened to the recovered money y not inject it to the economy to reduce the recession we are witnessing
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by rockyh(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2016
tete7000:

Did I say anything about crackdown? And when you say crackdown, are you by anyway insinuating Buhari didn't order a crackdown? I am saying that Buhari took a wrong policy direction as regards militancy. He met a peaceful system but unsettled it by choosing to use military option. That has failed and now the government is backtracking, using the method he once condemned and jettisoned. It is Buhari govt's fault that militancy resurfaced. His penchant for thinking only force can be used to resolve issue brought us here. They should take responsibility and stop burdening already burdened people with more loads of taxes.
u will see generations u never believed to see in good shape and health for calling a spade a space n not a farm implement like someone did
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by 400billionman: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2016
futurenix:
I am smelling revolution very close. The rich still wants to be getting richer at the expense of the downtrodden.

They have been very attentive to the huge amounts you guys have been wasting with nothing to show for.

When this unrest begins, there will be no where to hide for you the leaders. Keep on pushing the poor masses to the edge and at the same time increasing their numbers as they get retrenched from their jobs.

Even the western nation will deny you asylum cause they are and have been watching you.

No be all these govt functionaries ?

The masses know where they live. Keeping police or private security at their gates wont save them when it starts..
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by 400billionman: 11:27am On Jul 22, 2016
Physicist:
The total worldwide consumption of crude oil daily is about 90 million barrels. Nigerians are not consuming 55.5 million barrels daily as stated in the article.

They meant litres..

Daily production is less than 2 million barrels. So how can consumption be 55 million barrels ?

Illiterate journalism..
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by ajadematanle: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2016
Something must be wrong with them.How can they tax the imported fuel and come around and tax again at the dispensing station.That would amount to double taxation .its not possible.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Flyingngel(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2016
Xflint:

They should as well add air

I think
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by badttrader(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2016
opalu:
[b]The problem we have is that the only way people in government know how to increase revenue is to ask the impoverished citizens for money. That is why I like the concept of "Entrepreneurial Governance". For God's sake, WEALTH IS CREATED BY CREATING VALUE! Federal and State Governments should STOP hiring Media advisers, SSA New media, SSA print media, SSA electronic media, SSA yeye media. Rather they should engage PRODUCTION ENGINEERS to create VALUE and generate wealth.
If it will take this nation experiencing a full scale recession (to the point that FG cannot pay states and salaries) to do the right thing, so be it. 95% of Governors do not have a clue of how to make their states wealthy except to BORROW and TAX the poor. Can you imagine last time I gave the grand proposal of executing a Technology Park in Lagos to both Osibanjo and also to Ambode. I didn't even ask them to contribute a dime! Just give a moral support shikena! Both refused. This project will give jobs to 50,000 young people. But who cares when hawkers are chased to their deaths by KAI officials?
Truth is that I have resolved to do the project without any single government moral support. So long as I can get 100 youths who are die-hard Achievers.
[/b]

Boss, whats the project about? and can one be part of it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC / Obiano And Wife Celebrate 27th Marriage Anniversary / Supreme Court Affirms Makinde’s Election As Oyo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.