Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. (24853 Views)

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? / Is Tinapa Failing? / Harrods, Wal-mart, Mc Donald´s And Others Head For Tinapa City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by 9ja4eva: 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2009
Interesting
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
my piont is that it shouldnt b referd 2 as tourism - but amusement park.
I prefer TERRORISM.

One has to pull a tooth to see or do simple things in Nigeria and that just drive me crazy.
Our amusement parks in Nigeria (including Tinapa water park) remind me of an amusement park for the mentally challenged folks.
It is very embarrassing.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mustafar1: 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
now that we are back to tinapa after the McD's detour.

Tinapa water parks looks like a semi touched up version of the one on Toyin street in ikeja where boys used to rock while we were still in diapers.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by OvieE: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
Even Nigerians will not visit this place not to talk of foreigners. Nigeria is not a place for tourists destination to visit. Even if Nigeria leaders spend all their resources because to attract people to visit, they are wasting their time and money that met to care for that two years old who propable will live to see his/her ten years birthday. When Nigeria leaders talk of tourists, it makes me sick. They know foreigner do not visit Nigeria except Nigerians that lives in abroad come home regularly and the few white people in that country are either there for oil business or he/she in relationship with Nigerian. Let see in two more years time if there is still going to be places known as Tinapa apart from the name. That tinapa is not standard. Even that water propably contaminated the first it there and it has not be change. WAAAASSSTTTTEEEE OFFFFF MMMOOONNNEEYY.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by whobemumu(m): 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
jokers

first that is one or two pools from different views

second if thta is the whole tinapa then some ppl should be arrested
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by udezue(m): 11:29pm On Sep 16, 2009
z-murda:

Is it just me, or is it that I do not see anything special in Tinapa?

Maybe I am just a spoil sport, but that place looks drier than Gobi desert. Just a senseless waste of money, no business plan/model.

Anyone ever seen any of their expected income and projections?

Man shut up u freaking desert rat. Are u from there? Nope. So wetin be your concern. At least they are building it with their own money not money they stole from other regions for their own benefit. What have your parasitic gworo eating blood thirsty almajiristic cattle rearing people built on their own without stealing from other places? Groundnut pyramid? LOL  Ewu awusa.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zmurda(m): 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
udezue:

Man shut up u freaking desert rat. Are u from there? Nope. So wetin be your concern. At least they are building it with their own money not money they stole from other regions for their own benefit. What have your parasitic gworo eating blood thirsty almajiristic cattle rearing people built on their own without stealing from other places? Groundnut pyramid? LOL  Ewu awusa.

I made a comment you jungle dung born of retarded parents.  you really do not have to burst your weak balls spilling your mouth like Yaradua's diarrhoea to pass a cynical comment just in the name of making a comment. Any monkey with a keyboard can concoct rubbish write ups laced with ethnic comments in the bid to appear intelligent, my man, I got news, you are stupid to the high heavens!

Jesus wept! It really shows how ethnocentric you are, anyone who criticises anything from the south is a Hausa/Fulani. Dude, you need to educate yourself just a little bit more. Get off welfare and pot smoking, get a job and stop internet scams. We know you
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by udezue(m): 12:03am On Sep 17, 2009
whatever the fcuck you claim to be is ur bizness. Kindly shut up.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by clomn(m): 12:14am On Sep 17, 2009
This is not worth watching MR CALABAR
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by allhavoc(m): 2:37am On Sep 17, 2009
CROSS RIVER STATE GOVERNMENT AND SIX FLAGS ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP TO DEVELOP THEME PARK IN NIGERIA
Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:00pm EDT

NEW YORK, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Government of Cross River
State of Nigeria and Six Flags, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: SIXFQ) the world's
largest regional theme park company, announced today plans to develop a Six
Flags branded theme park in Calabar Cross River State as part of the State's
"Destination Tourism" development plan.

Under the binding agreement, Six Flags will provide concept development and
master planning services to Cross River State Government for the creation of a
Six Flags branded theme park located on approximately 250 acres (100 hectares)
contiguous to Tinapa Business Resort.  Once the initial phase is finalized,
Six Flags and CRSG will collaborate on the detailed design, development,
construction and management of the location.  The park is scheduled to open in

Senator Liyel Imoke, Governor of Cross River State said, "The Calabar theme
park project will be a signature leisure destination for residents and
tourists in the West African sub-region, enhancing Cross River State's
position as a lead state in the tourism sector in Nigeria and the region.  It
will serve as a critical component of the State's tourism value chain,
guaranteeing additional tourist traffic to existing attractions including the
Tinapa Resort, Obudu Ranch Resort, and the Slave Museum.  CRSG is delighted to
be working with Six Flags, a global leader in themed entertainment, towards
the realization of this project."

"The potential economic impact of this exciting project is vast, with the
opportunity to create hundreds of jobs during the construction phase and
subsequent operations," added Nzan Ogbe, Special Advisor, Governor's Office.
"The theme park development is destined to become a major tourism attraction,
drawing from millions across the continent and the world."

"We look forward to collaborating with the Cross River State Government to
bring the Six Flags experience to this exciting, rapidly expanding region,"
said Mark Shapiro, Six Flags President and Chief Executive Officer.  "The
partnership represents another major step in our international development
strategy and clearly demonstrates the strength of the Six Flags brand on the
heels of our operational turnaround."

About Six Flags:
Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation headquartered in New York
City and is the world's largest regional theme park company with 20 parks
across the United States, Mexico and Canada.

SOURCE  Six Flags, Inc.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Sep 17, 2009
Now we are talking!!!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Private investment is what we need. Not more Public Waste. Seriously, if six flags makes it in Calabar, That will boost the recreation industry BIG TIME!!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by OvieE: 3:07am On Sep 17, 2009
Where will the electricity to power the six flags come from. Instead of government to develop good livinig standard to his people but would rather create a thing that will not last in Nigeria. What waste.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Sep 17, 2009
As long as our government is not in charge of making it work, I am cool. Definitely, Six Flags will work from the start on how to get power supply for their facility. Same way Shell and other companies in the area are able to work with the current PHCN situation and still thrive.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mustafar1: 3:11am On Sep 17, 2009
Hahaha. Six flagpoles wan balance their account and stay afloat by force by Calabar. Make we see sha.

But if you ask me, I don't think nigerians like the erekere that roller coasters put u thru. I just imagine El toro or kinda ka as one of their rides, nigerians no too like rough play like that.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by udezue(m): 3:14am On Sep 17, 2009
They can power it if they build power plants, help finish the one being built in Aba or team up with Enugu and other Eastern states to revive Oji power plant that used to power the whole Eastern region.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Sep 17, 2009
Dude, have you ever been to six flags? The one up the road here has it's own Zipcode even. Six Flags is like the poor man's Summer getaway and it is awesome. You almost feel you are in a different world. If it works, I will frequent it when I am in Nigeria.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mustafar1: 3:25am On Sep 17, 2009
what has my ever been to six flags have to do with nigerians not really into 'dangerous play'. sure people do go there just for the atmosphere and not necessarily for the rides but the percentage of those that do that is very minute compared to those that come just for the rides.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by SeanT21(f): 6:19am On Sep 17, 2009
I thought Six Flags went out of business.I guess NOT!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:44am On Sep 17, 2009
must_a_far:

what has my ever been to six flags have to do with nigerians not really into 'dangerous play'. sure people do go there just for the atmosphere and not necessarily for the rides but the percentage of those that do that is very minute compared to those that come just for the rides.

Well, the article says the government is in talks with SixFlags to have them come over and build an amusement park down there. I have seen the quality of work the company does out here and the excitement they are able to create every single year for months on end. If they can bring that to Nigeria, it would be awesome for those who cannot come out here to enjoy the same.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zmurda(m): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2009
udezue:

whatever the fcuck you claim to be is your bizness. Kindly shut up.

I understand your problem dude. Its simple paranoia. Everyone is chasing you, you think. grin grin grin

Spending time touring different the Spanish goals and being gang raped does take its toll on your sanity. Pele, take panadol
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Witi(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2009
I don,t see how this project have impact on the felt need (Good Road, Water, Electricity) of the populace. How many Nigerians have the Time and resources to patronize these facility? In conclusion there is nothing lovely about these pictures.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by RichDiddy(m): 11:07am On Sep 17, 2009
If it's for neatness, Calabar is clean, no other city in Nigeria beats it. I've been there a few times n I know. Besides when u enter Calabar, u will know, the air is different. Also the people are hospitable, guess the focus on tourism n hospitality. Don't mince words, the Calabar carnival attracts a lot of visitors and of course, that's income for the state. I haven't looked at the pictures but lets appreciate the effort being made to achieve a better state. It's never going to happen overnight. I was 1 of the critics of the BRT lane, now I do BRT from my house all the way to work in VI. Life seems a lil less stressful. We've enjoyed some level of good governance in Lagos (as an example), we can only pray n work towards a better future. Let's appreciate the good n seek how to make it better.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Vavavoom(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2009
I have seen and read a few criticisms here on, but not heard from the same lot how differently they would have done it to better the present. That my friends is the basis for constructive criticism. thank u Rich daddy. It is not enough to site what others have in their climes think and where necessary force your way when u have what it takes to make a differnce. Yes Tinapa may be far from a hot tourism spot or a recreational facility but what can u and I do to makeit our desire. Enough said.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by walata44(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2009
Guys Macdonald is not the issue for debate here.

the issue is walataa concept of tourism in calabar and donald duke definition.

my piont is that it shouldnt b referd 2 as tourism - but amusement park.

cus as far as i am concern. I regularly go on holiday with Thompson international and Virgin Travells. And i have never seen calabar in their books as a holiday destination.

walaata are u reading this.

As you know Rome was not built in a day. Just keep an open mind on this project as I can see you are very passionate  about Nigeria but we need to believe that it can be done. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by igboboy1(m): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2009
Nigerians una sabi criticize, a little pat on the shoulders is not bad,

The pictures were impressive, the problem of lack of visitors could be tackled by the Fed Govt allaying more resources to either the Ph airport or any other in that region to accomodate international and national travellers, also dredging the river Nigeri, creating ports in that areas helps to boost economic activities there and hopefullly the place would be bustling in no time

Kudos cross river
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by beknown(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2009
All,

Please let us begin to appreciate good things in Nigeria. If we do not appreciate good things in Nigeria, no foreigner will appreciate it for us.

The photographs are very good and compares with Wet n Wild resort in Orlando, Florida, USA. Similar facilities are also in the UK, Netherland, France, Germany and many more.

Example links are:

French Theme Park in France (outside Paris):
http://www.puydufou.com/uk/

Wet 'n Wild Orlando resort, Florida, USA:
http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/

Denmark (Bonbon land, Tivoli Gardens, etc):
http://www.bonbonland.dk/
http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-3351.htm

Nigeria (Tinapa Resort):
http://tinapa.com.ng/

The advantages of Tinapa are:
1. It will encourage people to visit Nigeria and spend plenty of money. The money they spend is foreign exchange which will help Nigerian economy.
2. Local people will find jobs in Tinapa and the hotels near the resort.
3. New businesses will take advantage of Tinapa visitors to sell tourist goods and services
4. Foreigners will use Tinapa resort as a way to know Nigeria better and come to invest in our businesses
5. Foreigners will take Nigeria serious in development potential
6. Nigerians abroad will see the need to return home to stay for good
7. etc etc

Tinapa is a good investment in Nigeria. Everybody should begin to appreciate it. Advertise it all over the web for everybody to see. Let us create opportunity for visitors to come to Nigeria.

Send the Tinapa web address to all your friends abroad: http://tinapa.com.ng/
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Vavavoom(m): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
That's the spirit Beknown. Bravo!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2009
I think the priority of the Nigerian fed govt (at this point and at all levels) should be stabilizing power supply.
Spending money on water park in a country that has no constant power supply is a waste of time, waste of money, and a sign of substandard leadership.
Tinapa water park move is the same thing as spending money on incredible airplanes when you have no airport.

If you want to promote tourism in Nigeria power supply and security should be the first thing to tackle.

Tinapa water park is a foolish idea and a clever way to pillage the country's resources.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by beknown(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
@zomby,

I totally understand your position. However, remember that if people have no jobs, there is no amount of money you will spend on security, it will fail.

Many people are stealing because they have nothing to do. Graduates are getting into crime because there are no jobs.

Tinapa Resort can create jobs and if it is managed properly, Tinapa will be a household name in UK and USA.

Power Supply in Nigeria has become a tail of gross incompetence and high corruption. Let us be truthful about power supply in Nigeria. Generator suppliers want to continue to make money - they sabotage power supply plans.

Everybody who is engaged in any form of corruption in Nigeria is guilty of causing power supply problem in the country. How can you eat your cake and still have it?

Local people and community associations have failed to take simple initiative to generate power for themselves.

Solar energy will be the best option for Nigeria because we are never short of the sun. What a good resource we have in the sun? Unfortunately, many people are not harnessing the full potential of the sun to our advantage.

Check the price of solar equipment (solar chargers, solar pool heating, solar lighting, solar panels, etc) and you will be surprise how cheap it is to have a simple solar installation in one house.

For more elaborate information click below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
beknown:

All,

Please let us begin to appreciate good things in Nigeria. If we do not appreciate good things in Nigeria, no foreigner will appreciate it for us.

The photographs are very good and compares with Wet n Wild resort in Orlando, Florida, USA. Similar facilities are also in the UK, Netherland, France, Germany and many more.

Example links are:

French Theme Park in France (outside Paris):
http://www.puydufou.com/uk/

Wet 'n Wild Orlando resort, Florida, USA:
http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/

Denmark (Bonbon land, Tivoli Gardens, etc):
http://www.bonbonland.dk/
http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-3351.htm

Nigeria (Tinapa Resort):
http://tinapa.com.ng/

I know you have never really been to Wet n Wild resort in Orlando for you to make the statement in bold. Are you joking? Even those pictures there do not compare to Water Parks in Lagos. lol By the way, a resort like this does not save an economy.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
I totally understand your position. However, remember that if people have no jobs, there is no amount of money you will spend on security, it will fail.

Many people are stealing because they have nothing to do. Graduates are getting into crime because there are no jobs.

I also see your point, but do you know how many job opportunities that will immediately be created as soon as our power supply becomes stable?
If Tinapa is providing 10,000 job opportunities, stabilizing power supply in this country will immediately provides up to 20m new positions.
We should not be quick to grab the very dry bones that politicians throw at us to keep us quiet.

Tinapa water park can not save Nigeria. Our main priority should be stabilizing power supply and not praising what is indirectly designed for the elite.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Vavavoom(m): 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2009
Okay Zomby, the Federal govt. apparently have failed us, what in your plan would be a fashionable way to get us to stabilising power supply? I mean give us something concrete instead of harping on the failure of the current leadership. At least that way we can follow your blueprint and fix our problems according to our priorities like you said. Oya over to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Adeduntan Resigned As First Bank CEO On Cbn’s Order / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID / See How Aliko Dangote Got Painted By Ayeola Ayodeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.