Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly (1410 Views)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / `Umar Bin Al-khattab (ra): Just & God-fearing Ruler Or Oppressor & Dictator? / Lets Learn About The Life Of Abu Bakr As-siddiq(r.a) - Briefly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 22, 2016
salam alaykum brothers and sisters in islam, i want to bring to you the life of Umar bin Khattab briefly,

cc: dgalon, MrOlai, Demmzy15

Umar bin Khattab was born according to one opinion 11 years after the year of Elephants, Muhammad was born in the year of the Elephants, so according to this opinion, Umar will be 29 years old when Muhammd received prophethood, and he would be a little bit older than that when he became a muslim, however it is the opinion of As-suyuti that he was younger than that(i.e 28years old, like I said in the other thread), which ever the case maybe, he was a youth when he accepted islam.

Dear brothers and sisters, Umar was a towering figure, whenever he would be with any group, he would be the tallest among them, he was very well built, when he would walk, he would walk fast, when he would speak, you could definitely here him, and when he strikes, he strikes with strength, he hurts, his presence was intimidating to his enemies, and it would strike fear even in his friends, now the unique thing about the personality of Umar(r.a) is that, even though he had all these characteristics, his eyes will flow with tears easily, and he had a compassionate and merciful heart, and he was very humble, his father is Al-khattab bin Nufayl, his father was a very harsh man, and Umar had a very tough upbringing, he was one of the most effective man of Quraish in the inquisition against muslims, and it was unacceptable to the minds of many of the muslims that Umar one day could become a muslim, one day when Umar bin Khattab was walking down the streets of makkah, he saw, one of the female companions of the prophet who was on her way to Abysiniyya, so Umar said, are you leaving? She said yes! Because you’ve oppressed us, what did Umar say? He said may Allah be with you, Umar? Showing compassion to a muslim? So when Nuaym bin Abdullah came back(he was with the sahabiyyah), she told him what happened, he said: it appears that you are hoping for Umar to become a muslim, she said yes! He said: let me tell you, the donkey of his father will become a muslim before he does grin, he is telling her that, you woman go with your emotions, Umar is not gonna become a muslim, but she was right and he was wrong.

One day while the Mushrikeen were discussing: how to deal with the problem of Muhammad(pbuh), they said who would volunteer to kill him? Umar said, I will! So they said you are the one for it, so Umar carried his sword in the middle of a very hot day in Makkah, and he’s walking down the streets towards Darul Arkam, he was told that the messenger of Allah is meeting there and you can see evil in his(Umar) eyes, one of the companions who were practicing islam in secret, saw Umar bin Khattab and he realized that there’s something wrong, so he told him, where are you heading? Umar said “to this man who has disunited our people, and who had made fool out of us and who has cursed our gods, im going to kill him”, he told Umar, well before you go to Muhammad, why don’t you take care of your household first, Umar asked him what he meant, he said your sister and his husband, they’ve became Muslims too, this Sahabi said this when every other argument did not work, the sister of Umar was muslim in secret, so was her husband Sa’id bin zayd, so now Umar changed his course and he went straight to the house of his sister, when he got next to the door, he heard them reciting the Qur’an, and they were being taught Qur’an by Khabbab bin Arat, when he knocked the door and they saw that its Umar, Khabbab went immediately into hiding, and Fatimah, she hid the scroll of Qur’an under her thighs, Umar got in and said what was that humming sound that I heard? They said its nothing that we were just talking, he said don’t lie to me! What was that noise? And have you became a muslim? Sa’id bin zayd said, well what if islam is better than your religion? At that point Umar Attacked Sa’id, he threw him to the ground and then he sat on top of him, when Fatima saw that she came to defend her husband, Umar bin Khattab, he struck her, and it came in her face, then she started to bleed, she then said: you enemy of Allah! You hit me just because I believed in Allah? Whether you like it or not, I bear witness and I testify that; there is no deity worthy to worship but Allah, and Muhammad(pbuh) is his messenger, do whatever you want! When Umar saw this strength emanating from his sister and this confidence and he saw blood on her face, he regretted what he has done, so he moved away from sa’id and he sat down, then he said hand over your scroll to me, but Fatimah refused, he then said, what you said, has struck a chord in my heart and I promise you, I will return back the scrolls to you back safely, she said you are a mushreek, you are in a state of impurity, so you have to take ghusl before you can touch my scrolls, so Umar did as she said, he then came back, so she gave him the scroll, Umar started reciting the verses in the scroll, when Umar recited the verses then he said; is this what the Quraish was against? The one who has spoken these words needs to be worshipped, where is Muhammad? They told him, Umar goes to arkam and he knocked, the sahaba peeped and see that its Umar, they were all sitting down, Hamza looks at him and says whats wrong with you? He says its Umar! What did hamza say? So what if its Umar! He was the knight of Quraish, if he came for good, the he’s welcome, if he came for evil, then we gonna kill him with his own sword, hamza opened the door, and they held Umar by his arms, and they took him to Muhammad(pbuh), Muhammad(pbuh) said leave him alone! So hamza and the other sahabi, they released Umar, Muhammad grabbed Umar by his clothes, and pulls him towards him and says, why did you come here oh son of Khattab? Aren’t you gonna stop fighting us until Allah destroys you? Umar said: Oh messenger of Allah, I have came here for no reason other than believing in Allah and his messenger, Muhammad(pbuh) on hearing this from Umar made “Takbeer” when they heard the “Takbeer” of Muhammad(pbuh) the whole place erupted with “takbeer”, they couldn’t believe it, and it was so loud that they had to immediately disperse, because everybody else could hear it, so Umar became muslim and he grew to become the second greatest after Abu bakr(r.a).

to be continued

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2016
Now Umar being the man he is, he didn’t want his reversion to islam go unnoticed, so he went to the house of Abu jahl, Abu jahl, the staunch Enemy of islam, he goes to Abu jahl and he knocks his door, Abu jahl opens the door and says welcome bin khattab, welcome(cause he didn’t know that he was a muslim yet), Umar said I’ve became muslim, Abu jahl said, what?! He said, yes, I’m now a muslim, Abu jahl said, don’t do this! Umar said well, I did, Abu jahl, slammed the door on his face, there was somebody who was watching, so he went to Umar and said, it seems you want people to know that you’ve become muslim, he said yes! He said go that man there, just tell him you are a muslim, and that’s all, he was pointing to jameel bin mu’ammar al-jamahi, jameel is a man who can not hold water in his mouth, just like my friends will say, he was the CNN, World wide web of Makkah grin, so he goes to him and says, ya jameel cheesy, I’ve become a muslim, jameel immediately stood up without saying anything, dragged his “izaar” and walking briskly towards the ka’bah, where everybody is meeting, then he says, Ya Quraysh, Umar has become a muslim, the mob just attacked Umar, Umar was in between them fighting for himself, but they overpowered him and he could not fight any longer, and then he said, “if we were but 300 strong, you would either leave it for us, or we would leave it for you” and this was a very prophetic statement, what Umar was saying is, if we were 300 strong, we will fight you and either you leave makkah, or we leave it for you, and SubhanAllah, the order of jihad was given and the first army to meet Al kufr was 313 in Badr.

Umar went to Arkam, and he asked Muhammad(pbuh), aren’t we on the right path? Either we live of die? Muhammad said, Yes! Then why should we hide? So Muhammad agrees with Umar and he arranges the muslims in two ranks, and he was standing between these two ranks, and one rank is headed by Umar, the other by Hamza, then they marched down the streets of makkah declaring, “There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, and Muhammad(pbuh) is his messenger”. When umar became Muslim, islam became public, and we used to invite to islam publicly, and we used to sit in circles around the house of Allah, and we used to make tawaf around the house of Allah, and we started getting even with the ones that oppressed us, all of that because of the islam of one man, Umar(r.a).

There is another incident that happened, which brought Umar closer to islam, Umar in his Jahiliyya was a heavy drinker, he used to love his wine, one night, it was very late, he went to the pubs of Makkah, all of them were closed, so he decided that, since there was nothing else to do, while not go make tawaf(like the pagans did in jahiliyya), so he goes to ka’bah, but met Muhammad there, praying, at that late hour, Umar said, well, why don’t I strike fear in Him, so he goes behind the ka’bah, so umar is standing between the ka’bah and the cloth, so he sneaked until he made it right in front of Muhammad(pbuh), what Umar wanted to do is Ambush Muhammad(pbuh) but when he gets there, he was in the hearing range of the ayah of the Qur’an, so Umar was listening attentively to the Ayah of the Qur’an, Umar said to himself, this must be the words of a poet, wonderful words, Muhammad was reciting, suratul Haqqah and the exact next Ayah after this thought of Umar was

“This are not the words of a poet; little do you believe”,

Umar was shocked and he immediately said, this must be the words of a fortune teller, how did he know what was in my heart? The next Ayah was,

“These are not the words of a fortune teller; little do you remember” grin

Umar just froze in his tracks, these must be the words of Allah, so Allah was preparing him, for the important role that he is gonna play in the future, he’s gonna be the second best of all the sahabas.

To be continued, bi idhnillah ta'ala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2016
When Muhammad passed away, Abu bakr wasn’t around, he was in suhl, the news spread, and it was the greatest catastrophe that befell the muslims, some couldn’t talk like Uthman, Umar took up his sword and said Muhammad did not die, that he went to meet Allah, like Musa did, and he is going to come back like Musa did, then he will cut of the feet and hands of those that said he was dead, and he was saying anyone that says Muhammad is dead I’m gonna behead him with this sword, that was how difficult it was on them, a strong man like Umar, for him to be shaking in such a way, it tells you that rasullullah(pbuh) meant everything to him, Abu bakr came back, he went to Muhammad house, Rasullullah died on the laps of Aisha, so he unwrapped him, and kissed him on the forehead then cries, and then Abu bakr goes to the masjid, while Umar was speaking, Abu bakr told Umar, stay quiet! Umar was not listening, so Abu bakr ignored him and stood aside and started speaking, when the people saw Abu bakr speaking, they left Umar and went to listen to what Abu bakr had to say, Abu bakr(r.a) said, “if you were worshipping Muhammad then Muhammad is dead, but if you are worshipping Allah, then Allah is alive and he never dies” Then he recited the verse of the Quran 144 of suratul al-imran,

“Muhammad is not but a messenger, other messengers have passed on before him, so if he was to die or to be killed, would you turn back on your heels to unbelief? And he who turns back on his heels, will never harm Allah at all, but Allah will reward the grateful”

Abu hurayra said, it was as if we heard that verse for the first time.

So Abu bakr became khalifa, it was Umar that first gave allegiance to Abu bakr, Abu bakr said, I wanted you Umar to be the Khalifa, but you refused, you are stronger than me, so when Abu bakr was about to die, he appointed Umar as the next khalifa, so when Umar became khalifa, he made a speech, many speeches has been attributed to him, one of them is

[b]“oh people know, that I have been appointed, to govern your affairs, so realize now that my roughness is now weaker, but I will still be rough and harsh on the people of oppression and transgression, and im not gonna see anybody who oppresses others but im gonna have them put one of their cheeks in the dirt and I will step with my foot over the other cheek, until they give the people what is due to them, but I will put my cheek on the floor to the people of piety and righteousness and I will promise you a few things which you can hold me accountable to, I promise you that I will take nothing of your kharaaj[i.e what the land produces], and I will take nothing from the spoils of war that you get, except that which is rightfully taken, that which I am allowed to take according to the book of Allah, and that money I will spend it in accordance to the law of Allah, and I promise you that I will increase your salaries and your provisions and I promise you that I will protect your borders and I promise you not to throw you into destruction, and I will not keep the soldiers away from their families for extended period of time, and when I send you out in jihad, I will be the father of your children until you come back so have taqwaa oh servants of Allah”[/b]

Some of his advisers were, Uthman bin anfal, Abdur rahmanbin Auf, Ali bin Abi Talib, and Ubay bin kaab – scholar of the Qur’an and Zayd bin Saabit – the one who compiled the Mushaf, so these were the close advisers of Umar bin khattabin, HIS GOVERNMENT WAS A GOVERNMENT OF JUSTICE AND EQUALITY, Imam Malik says that; A jew and a Muslim came to Umar to solve a dispute that happened between them, So Umar, his judgment was for the Jew against the muslim, when the Jew walked out, he said, in the name of Allah you are ruling with justice, and he was very strict when it came to his governors, he wanted to make sure that they applied “Adl” every year he would meet with the subjects in hajj, and he would ask them about their governance, he established the pillar of Justice – Al Adl, Umar would worship during the Night and would fast during the day, he would go on his Nightly patrols, taking care of the needy among muslims, he would spend his money financing and sending to fight Jihad fi sabillillah.

Umar was approached by this man Abu lu’lu’ah al-majoosi, he told Umar; My master Al-Mughirah bin shu’bah is charging me too much, so can you ask him to reduce my payments? Umar said: “fear Allah and be good to your master” so this man turned around and said to himself, his justice is sufficient for everyone except me? But Umar told him that with the intention of going to Al-mughirah and asking him to reduce the payments, that was the way of Umar, he would give advice to both sides, but Umar did not tell him, well I’m going to Al-mughirah, he just told him fear Allah and be good to your master, he then goes to Al-mughirah and asked him to reduce his servant’s payments, but Abu lu’lu’ah has already made the intentions of killing Umar, he got a dagger which was double edge, he could strike with both ways, then laced it with poison, to stab Umar, so when Umar got into the masjid to lead salah, he straightened to rows with his hands, and did takbeeratul ihram, as soon as Umar said “Allahu Akbar” Abu lu’lu’ah attacked him from behind and stabbed him on his shoulders and then he stabbed him again in his waist and that was the one that killed him, and then Abu lu’lu’ah went on a killing rampage, whoever he sees in front of him, he would stab, so he stabbed 13 people and 7 died, so one sahaba threw a “thawb” when Abu lu’lu’ah saw that he would apprehended then he stabbed himself, so this is what happened in the masjid with Umar bin Khattabbin, they gave Umar milk to drink and the milk came out from his injury, the damage done was so much, and they knew that he’s gonna die, before Umar passed away, he told his son ibn Umar to go and meet Aisha, if she would let him be buried with his two friends(Muhammad and Abu bakr), Aisha said she wanted that place for herself initially, but she was gonna honour the request of Umar, so bin Umar went to his father, and his father asked him, what news do you have? He said the news that you like, so Umar was happy, then he said, after I die, go to aisha again and ask her for permission so I can be buried with my two friends, I don’t want her to regret it, if she accepts then Alhamdullillah, if she doesn’t, then bury me with the muslims, so they got to aisha’s house and knocked saying Umar is asking fot=r your permission to come in, she said he is welcome.

Muhammad passed away and he was 63years old, Abu bakr Passed away at 63years, subhanAllah, Umar also passed away at the age of 63, they were together in this life and the died at the same age and they would be brought together in the day judgment, they were the closest friends, Ali bin Talib said, I would remember Muhammad saying: “I left with Abu bakr and Umar, I came with Abu bakr and Umar, I went with Abu bakr and Umar” Always Muhammad will mention his name along with Abu bakr, he was buried by Uthman bin Anfal(r.a), Suhaib and Zayd, these were the three that lowered him into his grave.

This is just a brief history on the life of the SECOND RIGHLY GUIDED KHALIFA OF THE MUSLIM UMMAH, Umar bin khattabin may Allah have mercy on him.

NOTE: - I DID NOT PROOF READ

Salaam…

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by plappville(f): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2016
Tell me story, what about the life of MUHAMMED? Enlighten me plz.. grin cheesy
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2016
^^ who allowed her to escape from rehab? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2016
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by MrOlai: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
@Lexiconkabir Masha Allah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Demmzy15(m): 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Masha'Allaah, the Superb Caliph!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by dgalon(m): 2:03am On Jul 23, 2016
Mash-Allah brother..you are doing a good work..may Allah increase your knowledge.

U remind of a book.

MEN AND WOMEN'S around PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SAW)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by haffaze777(m): 10:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Mosha Allah,may Allah increase u in knowledge,wisdom and ibadah
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2016
haffaze777:
Mosha Allah,may Allah increase u in knowledge,wisdom and ibadah

Ameen.....how far na? Still supporting chelshít? undecided tongue grin
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by haffaze777(m): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Ameen.....how far na? Still supporting chelshít? undecided tongue grin
What's chelshit
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
haffaze777:

What's chelshit

That club wey get agberos plenty na....
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by haffaze777(m): 7:23am On Jul 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

That club wey get agberos plenty na....
Still don't get u.i heard dat Drogba score again dat useless gunner again,how true is dat?
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by AideeSheks(m): 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
So I was reading about his life and I found some really inspiring things. I'll mention one which was the events that unfolded during his assassination.

So that morning, Umar bin Khattab ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) came out as usual to lead the ummah for salatul fajr. As the prayer started, behind a pillar in the front of masjid hid a slave by the name of Abu Lulu Al Majusi - "Abu Lulu, The Fire Worshiper". When Umar ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) began the prayer, he jumped out from behind this pillar with his dagger that had 2 heads, and some narrations explain that he soaked it in poison for a month with the mptive that if the stabbing doesn’t kill the individual, the poison surely will.

Then he stabs Ameer ul Momineen Umar Ibn Khattab ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) 3 times or 2 times - different narrations, in the chest, in the shoulder and beneath his naval. The wound beneath the naval was slit open up to the point that the narration says; the contents of the abdomen of Umar were hanging out. Imagine such a scenario! Now Umar bin Khattab ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) what does he do? STABBED 3 TIMES! , to the point that again, the lower abdominal injury is so bad that it's contents are sticking out. He grabbed Abdur-Rahman bin Auf ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him), one of the senior sahabas behind him and gets him to lead the prayer and then he passes out unconscious. Now Abdur-Rahman finishes the prayer. Now look at this, Abdur-Rahman ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) finishes the prayer (he read a short surah so they could attend to the situation on ground). They don't stop the prayer!

Now, Abdur-Rahman bin Auf finishes the prayer and Abdullah son of Umar ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) narrates what happens next.
ﺃَﻗْﺒَﻠْﻨَﺎ ﻋَﻠﻰ ﺃَﺑﻲ ﻟِﻨَﺤْﻤِﻠَﻪ ﻓﺈﺫﺍ ﺟِﺮَﺍﺣُﻪ ﺗَﻨْﺰِﻑُ ﺑِﺎﻟﺪَّﻡِ ﻓَﺄﻗْﺒَﻠْﺖُ ﺃَﺿَﻊُ ﺃَﺻَﺎﺑِﻌِﻲ ﻋَﻠﻰ ﺟُﺮﺡِ ﺃﺑﻲ ﻭَ ﺃَﻣْﺴِﻚَ ﺍﻟﺪَّﻡَ ﻓَﻜَﺎﻧَﺖ ﻳَﺪِﻱ ﺗَﺪْﺧُﻞُ ﻓﻲ ﺑَﻄْﻨِﻪِ ﻓَﺨَﻠَﻌْﺖُ ﻋِﻤﺎﻣَﺘﻲ ﻭ ﺭَﺑَﻄﺖُ ﺑِﻬﺎ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺑﻄﻨﻪ ﺛﻢ ﺣﻤﻠﻨﺎﻩ ﻭ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻻ ﻳﺪﺭﻱ ﻋﻦ ﺷﻲﺀٍ ﺃﺑﺪﺍ ‏( ﻳﻌﻨﻲ ﻣُﻐﻤﺎ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﺗﻤﺎﻣﺎ )
He says, “ We came to my father to carry him home, his injuries were flowing with blood”. Umar ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) had open wounds, open abdominal injuries from which the blood was flowing so he says: “I put my hand, my fingers over the injury to stop the blood from flowing. My hand entered into his stomach. So we carried him home.”And he says “I took out my turban and we tied it around his injuries to stop the bleeding. We carried him home and my father was completely knocked out - didn’t know what was going on.”
Now they take him home and they are trying to wake him up. “Ya Ameer ulMomineen, O Umar. Ya Umar.” Yani, he is not responding to anything. Some narration said he only wakes up when they said:
ﺃﻣﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﻤﺆﻣﻨﻴﻦ، ﺍﻟﺼﻼﺓ ﺍﻟﺼﻼﺓ ! Ya Ameer ul Momineen. As salah. As salah”.
“The prayer. The prayer. O Ameerul Momineen.”
Then out of unconsciousness he wakes up into consciousness. And the narration says, “He looked to the right and he looked to the left.” Now imagine the scene, you have people crying, women crying behind the curtains. The sahaba around Umar ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him), they're concerned and they are worried about him and his is body pulsating with pain. Then imagine what his FIRST WORDS were when he woke up. He says, "Did the people complete the prayer? Did the people complete the prayer?” And they say, “Yes, O Ameer ul Momineen”. Then he looks at the crowd he sees his son and he says: “ Ya Abdullah. Bring me water.” His son replied, “Do you want to drink?” He says, “ No, I need to make wudu. I didn’t complete my Salat-ul-Fajr. I was cut off from salah”.

So Abdullah brings Umar ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him) the water in this state!
You know they brought a doctor to him and they had him drink milk and the milk poured out from the wound he had. That’s how bad of an injury he had, Umar bin al Khattab ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ | May Allah be pleased with him).
And they say when that happened we knew he was going to die. At that state he wants to make wudu, not just tayammum he wants to make WUDU, to pray. And then he says, “O Abdullah, sit me up.” He was lying down he says, “Sit me up”. His son tells him “O my father you are in this state and you want me to sit you up. Really?” He says, “Sit me up. May you have no mother”, meaning “Sit me up, there is no time to mess around.” And his son tries to sit him up. And he says “I don’t want to pray, I don’t accept praying lying down, in this state.” So when they sat him up his injury opened and the contents of his abdomen, his intestines popped out a second time and he let out this cry of pain so they laid him back down and they covered the injury and then he prayed Salat-ul-Fajr, in this state.
Now after this, after this, he asked the question that we all would think he would ask right away: “ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺘﻠﻨﻲ؟ Who tried to kill me?”
And they say, “The slave of Al Mugeerah”
And he says “ Abu Lulu Al Majusi the fire worshipper?” and they said yes.

Just look at how high the regard he holds for prayer is that. Which one of us can boast to possess such level of dedication and passion towards our religious duties. May Allah strengthen our iman. Amin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 23, 2016
Salam alaikum

Does anyone know any good books that I can read on the lives of the sahabas?
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 23, 2016
http://kalamullah.com/history-of-islam.html

http://www.kalamullah.com/umar-ibn-alkhattab.html

http://www.kalamullah.com/abu-bakr.html

other useful books can also be found on that website(for those that can read soft copies, cuz personally i don't like it)...http://www.kalamullah.com
Re: Lets Learn About The Life Of Umar Bin Khattab - Briefly by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 23, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The True "muslim Lady" / Never Stop Learning! / Are The Muslims Ever Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.