Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country (3207 Views)

I Need A Responsive And Well Programmed PHP Script / What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? / Selling Of Some Of My Custom Programmed Application At A Rediculous Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by godofbrowser(m): 12:01am On Jul 24, 2016
tr3y:

Jquery just abstracts the whole process. If you check it's source code you will find its pretty much the same thing.

One benefit of Jquery is the for solving any cross browser headache e.g getElementsByClassName is not fully supported, same with querySelectorAll.
I guess it's necessary evil especially when it comes to front end development.

True... another example is the addEventListener and attachEvent methods. Jquery simplifies them all.
Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by Raypawer(m): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2016
lol

dhtml18:
First to comment, PHP WAR BOYS, oya, come and finish off this dude once and for all. . . . .
Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by romme2u: 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
godofbrowser:

True... another example is the addEventListener and attachEvent methods. Jquery simplifies them all.

i guess u don't understand why Javascript libraries and frameworks like jQuery, Prototype, Angularjs and Backbone.js are more popular than Javascript itself.

Client - side Javascript programming is hell without libraries and frameworks for both trivial and non-trivial case.

Believe me, u don't want to go there lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by elfico(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nice post @larisoft.
Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
@larisoft, By __construct(ing) first, You can initialize and set straight up:

$name = new person( "Name" ) ;
$confession = new person( "Confession" ) ;
$punishment = new person( "Punishment" ) ;

So we are down to three lines of code, I don't get your point with the code sample/comparison you gave...you can't criticize a language you aren't very good at. I understand PHP might not be the best language out there but wrongly criticizing it's syntax is bad.

Besides, i feel PHP can be easily maintained and understood if you properly document and comment. You can even use HHVM to expand it's capabilities further

<?hh
echo 'Hello World!' ;

I don't know if this is true because i don't have any source to prove this fact, but I think PHP has the shortest Hello World syntax

<?= 'Hello World'; ?>
Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by larisoft: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
@larisoft, By __construct(ing) first, You can initialize and set straight up:

$name = new person( "Name" ) ;
$confession = new person( "Confession" ) ;
$punishment = new person( "Punishment" ) ;

So we are down to three lines of code, I don't get your point with the code sample/comparison you gave...you can't criticize a language you aren't very good at. I understand PHP might not be the best language out there but wrongly criticizing it's syntax is bad.

Besides, i feel PHP can be easily maintained and understood if you properly document and comment. You can even use HHVM to expand it's capabilities further

I don't know if this is true because i don't have any source to prove this fact, but I think PHP has the shortest Hello World syntax

Dan, what I was saying there is that the fact that the option exists at all to replace objects with arrays is tempting peeps to write bad code.

The shit hits the ceiling when you make a mistake in the string key while trying to access a or change a value.

e.g $value['name'] = 'me'.

then on another page you try to access $value['Name'].

Autosuggest won't work here (to correct your misspelling of 'name' , no matter the ide because its a string literal, not a variable.

when you pass this false object around, you must remember the correct spelling of each variable.

Thanks for reading Dan.
Re: I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
larisoft:

Dan, what I was saying there is that the fact that the option exists at all to replace objects with arrays is tempting peeps to write bad code.

The shit hits the ceiling when you make a mistake in the string key while trying to access a or change a value.

e.g $value['name'] = 'me'.

then on another page you try to access $value['Name'].

Autosuggest won't work here (to correct your misspelling of 'name' , no matter the ide because its a string literal, not a variable.

when you pass this false object around, you must remember the correct spelling of each variable.

Thanks for reading Dan.

Oh okay, I understand you better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience / How To Choose A Programming Language / Why Is C++ So Hard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.