Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb (28431 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts, Says He Was Quoted Out Of Context / New Year Speech: Buhari Was Not Accurately Quoted In News Report - APC Reacts / Former President Of Nigeria Obasanjo Disgraced Again At Bbc Hard Talk (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Ebook4Free(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2016
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Bluette(f): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2016
Continue ur good work sir. kiss
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Correspondence(m): 8:16am On Jul 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
Best Minister of Information ever in this Country.

I use to think Jerry Gana was the best, until this guy showed up. This is an intellectual man, that knows the workings of the Media both in and out.I Salute you, you are a great man.

Frank Nweke Jnr was the best minister of information Nigeria ever had.

The gibberish of Lai Mohammed have no place in today's world. Adages are myths.

3 Likes

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by robosky02(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2016
so is that an achievement now? undecided
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Ghost447(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2016
Indeed!, he must say this to his party because they troubled the last administration, but now they don't want to be troubled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by telemapreye1(f): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2016
Nelkoko:
any difference?
He has achieved what your father and generations will never acheive.

1 Like

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by yekparikpa(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Correspondence:

Frank Nweke Jnr was the best minister of information Nigeria ever had.

The gibberish of Lai Mohammed have no place in today's world. Adages are myths.
How can we ever forget the erudite Frank Nweze Jnr.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by waice6571: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2016
tosin400:
Lai Mohammed Who pay Africa live page a visit today, Quoted A Yoruba Proverb

see Below:

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/07/22/minister-of-information-lai-mohammed-quoted-a-yoruba-proverb-at-bbc/

To set the record straight.

The Proverb he brandished was edited to suit himself.

....... The correct version goes this way........

'Anyone that will burry his elder brother naked, tell him to go with his younger brother'

2 Likes

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Ishepeter07(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2016
gurunlocker:
We don't hear this guy in news again.... No new lies?
hahaha..... guy you wicked o....
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by hylyne(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Nelkoko:
any difference?

No difference yet....
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:43am On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=13pt]Name: Lai Mohammed
Nickname: Lion
Post held: Current Minister of Information and Culture
Achievements : Lied to a lie detector grin cheesy[/size]

Na joke ooh
I was having fun.
You come spoil am with "Na joke ooh"
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by misterjosh(m): 9:10am On Jul 23, 2016
Nelkoko:
any difference?
lol this is so wicked...
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by OBIGS(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2016
tosin400:
Lai Mohammed Who pay Africa live page a visit today, Quoted A Yoruba Proverb

see Below:

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/07/22/minister-of-information-lai-mohammed-quoted-a-yoruba-proverb-at-bbc/

nice proverb. He surely knows after persecuting de opposition a time will come when dis administration nd apc members will be persecuted.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2016
I like this guy alot,he is a good con man,his mouth is filled with sweetened lies that the gullible ones stand no chance, his type thrives in public relations and can make a terrible situation appear under control with sweet words
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Exponental(m): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=13pt]
Achievements : Lied to a lie detector..... grin cheesy[/size]

......and the lie detector could not detect it.!
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2016
sarrki:
Good ambassador of nigeria
why you no get sense?
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by jide219(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Omeokachie:
Lai? Am sure he dropped one or two propaganda before leaving that studio.
do u think he is like u all your Jewish people, your hatred for buhari's administration is blinding you from the truth

1 Like

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by sukkot: 9:35am On Jul 23, 2016
kayo80:
The meaning of his proverb is deeper than most people think.
indeed. identity theft

isaiah 14 vs 20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

rev 11 vs 9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

rev 11 vs 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by ekefre4(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2016
HungerBAD:

I use to think Jerry Gana was the best, until this guy showed up. This is an intellectual man, that knows the workings of the Media both in and out.I Salute you, you are a great man.
Seriously?? Anyway hungerbad. But i think Frank Nweke did extremely well

1 Like

Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

I was having fun.
You come spoil am with "Na joke ooh"
You want zombies to come and bury me alive grin

For beefing their minister
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by orisa37: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2016
See his "Talking Workshop". No infrastructure. Na lie.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2016
Pprovost:
Seems to be the most acceptable and widely spoken language in Nigeria though.

Meanwhile I've noticed that an average Yoruba man hardly feel inferior speaking his language anytime and anywhere cool

maybe cos he's tries to conceal his English language proficiency
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by kayo80(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2016
sukkot:
indeed. identity theft

Did it say anywhere that he claimed to the originator of the quote?
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by orisa37: 9:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Another uncanny Yoruba Proverb.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Omeokachie: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2016
jide219:
do u think he is like u all your Jewish people, your hatred for buhari's administration is blinding you from the truth

Comprehension and logic were topics taught in schools back in the day. I can see you clearly lack both.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by orisa37: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2016
woobish, woofish and wolfish.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by sukkot: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2016
kayo80:

Did it say anywhere that he claimed to the originator of the quote?
hmmm i was saying something else. i wasnt accusing lai of identity theft
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by IVORY2009(m): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2016
HungerBAD:

Lolz wat a funny write-up, u meant the only minister in Buhari's govt that knows how to lieeeeeee, manipulate things?
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by orisa37: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2016
Another lie.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by kayo80(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2016
sukkot:
hmmm i was saying something else. i wasnt accusing lai of identity theft

Okay. My bad.
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by elopee3000(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2016
policy12:

This is one thing u can take away from average Yoruba man.. They so much their culture that is why they think other tribe in Nigeria shu adopt the language.. Imagine our entertainment industry.
what happend to entertaiment industry?if not that all musician want to infuse igbo or yoruba into his or her song yemi alade johnny music video was sang with igbo and pigin english and is most watched video on u tube from nigeria so dont telll us that crap,even funke akindeles movie allways find way to igbo igbo language so u can boast for benin or calabar people not igbo sad sad sad sad sad
Re: At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb by Myde4naija(m): 10:20am On Jul 23, 2016
Pheals:
Na Hausa proverb- joor ( make someone translate it to Yoruba )it is woobish undecided
eni tolo sin egbon rere nihoho to my aburo re low, on se apejuwe bi won o se sin to Baku. One of the Yoruba proverb that is very common.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lots Of Policemen Deployed To Kano State As Kwankwaso Cancels Visit. Photos / Can Wike Defeat Tinubu In A Presidential Election? / Policewoman Caught Extorting Money From Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.