Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" (25333 Views)

Categories Of People That Won't Pass Jamb This Year / 5 Categories Of People That Say “education Does Not Guarantee Success” / 5 Categories Of People That Say “education Does Not Guarantee Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by canDy4eva(f): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2016
kolnel:
Albeit to say that education in Nigeria is outdated
Nevertheless education doesn't have to be in the four walls of a classroom
It could be vocational or on the job training
...wot wev been taught to knw is dat we go to sch, spend 4 to 6 yrs, get a certificate, go for NYSC n wahla ur educated,,, arrant nonsense! Datz juss been "schooled" n never educated! Dat doz nt mean we dnt hv doz dat rili went to acquire knowledge n skills! It simply means our standard of education in Nigeria is outdated n need to b revisited! No 1da our youths end up in cultisim because der minds r nt in any way occupied. Until we knw dat getting d paper (certificate ) doz nt mean dat individual is educated. Education should b able to make u learn, un learn n relearn!!!
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Gkemz: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2016
Education doesn't guarantee success though it provides the means. It can only position one with necessary idea and skills it takes to make it. I have a few of my friends who made it as businessmen more than us that chose to go to university even with good grades. Education enhances our skills and abilities but doesn't provide food on our table instead idea does. Education generates solution to problem through innovations.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Emart(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Gazzy88:
The OP is a nut.... Nigeria is in deep shit if we have people like you as president. Lopsided reasoning. Ekiti has the largest base of literates in Nigeria yet their state is as good a village. It isn't about what you are being taught but what you think of. Make your survey, identify how many graduates we have in Nigeria and see why we should get our hands dirty instead of our over-hyped educational system. Schooling is far different from education. Have you ever read about the American revolution. Abraham Lincoln only attended school for just 3 months and with that he transformed America. Think boy! Folks like you who have water-logged mindset make me cringe. Shior... Better find a way to liberate your country from this doldrums we are and stop talking nonsense here.
grin grin grin
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by canDy4eva(f): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2016
Edusouls:
are you not educated, have u succeeded?
good question!
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by poli101: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2016
Success means different thing to different folks. To me, the opportunity to pass through the four walls of university on its own is a success. Educated person is equip by the virtue all those scholastic literatures, to create wealth as an entrepreneur. Success is just opportunity plus idea. But uneducated person is more vulnerable to shocks like the present government policy on money transfer abroad, ban on some certain commodities too. The educated person is full aware of the government policies and it effect on his business. The success of an educated man is more sustainable, this is based on the carefully done feasibility study. Finally, no room for comparison because the educated man has his certificate to fall back to but the uneducated is at the mercy of nothing.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Achorise: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2016
virud:
For starters, there are broadly two forms of education; formal (conventional primary, secondary and university institutions of learning ) and informal (petty trading, apprenticeship etc ) education. For the records, success is not tied to any particular form of education.

Success as far as am concerned is a relative term, the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, and it is not tied to one particular event. Education and success are very different phenomenon. Any attempt to mix both is usually catastrophic.

On the other hand, Education is the the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction. By this simple definition, every person you've met seems to have attained a level / degree of education.

Education and success, what is the correlation, if any?
Now if education to you means seeing the four walls of a conventional university, secondary or primary institution, then, I make bold to say that your brand of education is not important to achieving success. Simply because education and literacy are not correlated.

Be that as it may, Education is very important to both your personal and professional life, in a number of significant ways! Depending on the level of success you’re seeking to achieve, the level of education may be relative, but the bottom line is, an education of some sort is often paramount to future success. And everyone is by some deliberate means educated. There's no such thing as illiteracy.

Everyone has got some sort of education, and am not being philosophical, I mean it literally. If you doubt, sight an example of anyone / group of persons you think are 'illiterates' and I would gladly point out their education.
sir please permit me to use this as part of my final years graduation speach.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by sarutobie(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2016
Being educated and being literate are two different things.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by streetlight: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2016
Some times, when people talk like that, they are refering to educational system of Nigeria not really the whole world at large...
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by virud: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2016
Achorise:
sir please permit me to use this as part of my final years graduation speach.

Lol>>>> Go ahead sir>>> Na u get amm cool
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by pstboi: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2016
Education is very important, we can`t dispute that but the kind of education we received here in Nigeria has made so many so called Graduates to be lazy.That is why many graduates are unemployed today and some unemployable. Alot of them allow their grades from school to define them as a person and as such can`t venture into other areas of endeavor. Education only make you teachable and trainable

2 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by muganbo1(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Guys don't stress urself abt schooling so far u can read and write dats d basic scope of education most expatriate brought down to nigeria don't have degree but practically oriented and vibrant enough to carry out der duties in big companies in nigeria examples APM terminal apapa lagos operation labour manager his just a terminal worker in southampton in England but here in nigeria na oga ahead of msc holders n phd holders earning more dan dem ask anybody I won't mention his name
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Magjoel(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2016
I agree with the poster, education doesn't guarantee success but it is one of the prerequisite of success.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by lastmessenger: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2016
Are they really educated? Education should transform ones life. Example a professor of engineering should be providing engineering solutions to some of the technological gap that we are currently facing.
Bluffly:

So what happened to the many professors of Ekiti state

1 Like

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by lastmessenger: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2016
Well am in the process
Edusouls:
are you not educated, have u succeeded?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by greatmen: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2016
My brother wetin all d phd or msc dun bring to d table does boys are Oga in our society this education thing is overated in this present time loool
justineu:
Imo..Education does not guaranty success but very important when you are successfull in life. Education helps build ones life incase of any circumstance that comes ur way in life and don't guaranty success.
After spending some years in school without a nice job to showoff while someone who spent just five years and was settled with 1milion may even exile in life than those that are educated self.
Most igbo boyz who learn bizness frm their Oga perform very well than those who read biz administration in schl.
But watch very closely there's a big difference btw an educated bizness man and an illitrate bizness man, i mean interms of communication,dressing,making decisions, etc but that one no fit bring food jor smiley
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Bluffly: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2016
Midgut:

why mentioning my state's name?
Because it's an example of Education without success
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by dayowunmi(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2016
If the kind of education you are talking about is attending school then I can say education does not determine success. It's not about what anyone says, it's a solid fact. There have been illiterate who toiled and made it big in times past both in Nigeria and oversees, some didn't have tertiary education and today they can employ anyone with a degree, M.sc or P.hd. what about sports stars, not all of them really went to school and today many of them are millionaires. There's no illiterate anywhere, everyone has some form of education or the other because we learn everyday, life is a teacher that keeps teaching.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by tonquendo4u(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2016
Oga ikoo tuu.Education does not guarantee success.infact education is a disadvantage in Nigeria.Ask me why and I'll explain.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Peacefultosin: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2016
It can not be better said. Kudos!
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by ColeworldMD(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2016
Everyone has got some sort of education, and am not being philosophical, I mean it literally. If you doubt, sight an example of anyone / group of persons you think are 'illiterates' and I would gladly point out their education.[/quote]
Yes so on point! But I'd like to disagree with ur opinion 'There's no such thing as illiteracy' there's smth as illiteracy and it's defined as

1) inability to read and write
2) lack of knowledge in a particular subject
It's only based on these definition one may be classified as an illiterate. For example I may be a medical literate but a geology illiterate. Constructive criticism is welcomed. Regards
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by onyidon21: 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=EduRegard post=47798946]A new chorus has taken over the nation. The song of "Education does not guarantee success". I can precisely say that you must have come across it either from your close associates or those in your far edge.

There are a good number of people who often say "Education does not guarantee success". This article will unveil them.

1. The Illiterate.

The illiterate, as they are known, are ignorant of the power of education. The predominance of them see years spent in school as a waste of time.

2. People With Financial Crisis.

Another category of people who often say "Education does not guarantee success" are those who can't afford to send their children to higher institution or the victims of these parents. They say this to console themselves.

3. People who give up when seeking admission.

The indolent people have never run out of excuses. They always have something to say to defend their inabilities. After they could have applied for admission for a number of times and couldn't make it. They end up saying "Education does not guarantee success".

4. People with poor grades.

Students with low grades are often scare of their chances of graduating well. They mostly have the phobia that their certificates will be inoperable. A good clause they used to soothe themselves is "Education does not guarantee success".

5. Those who succeed without education.

Let me first congratulate this category of people for their achievements. This set of people at times discourage people from going to higher institution because of their success without the effect of education. They won't use those who make it with education as examples but only themselves. Like the first category of people I mentioned above, they also see education as a waste of time. They constantly say " Education does not guarantee success".

According to me, It is true that education does not guarantee success but it is one of the prerequisite of success.

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/5-categories-people-say-education-not-guarantee-success/[/quote
there is no such word as illitercy.one can be educated in many ways apart from schooling.
schoolibg is not a guarantee for success to be realistic.Thomas Edison had but three months of schooling but he was very educated and sucessful.Henry Ford was a high school graduate and he was very successful.Bill gates is also a dropout,the list is endless.
Successs is not measured by yards or by d background of d person corcerned or by educational degrees rather it is measured by the ability of d person to think____Dr Napoleon Hill____.
If u are doctorate degree holder and u cant make use of ur brain then,u can neva become successful
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by eenya00: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
I have seen succesfuly educated persons,and have equally seen succesfuly non educated i.e academic fellow it onlys take God and ur zeal to b succesfuly u urself guarantess ur success and God.nothing else guarantess it.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by ENDEEEEEEE(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
clintonopah:
.[b]
Today, Education is the basic need of life. To achieve something one need to be educated. It is the key to success as it opens doors to various kind of streams and offers a great opportunity. Success and education go hand in hand. If one need to be successful he/she must be educated. Education does not generally mean bookish knowledge only but also practical knowledge. It also requires creativity and imagination....

If we talk about the today's era then I will say that yes education becomes a very or a most important part of our life and it is very necessary to became a successful person.
Because today education is required everywhere whether you are going to do job in Government Sector or private as well.
And it is also important for that person who don't want to do any job, because education teaches him that how to communicate with people effectively and how to get success in whatever he/she do in life.
And education is not only important to get success in life, but it develops all good qualities in people.
For example:- If you will see two persons one is educated and another one uneducated then you will quickly get to know from the difference between their body language, personality, way of talking, style etc. That which one from them is educated or uneducated.
And if we will see the crime rates then we will find that most of the crimes are done by uneducated people because they are not able to earn money because they don't get good jobs due to the reason:- "They are uneducated".
And an educated person knows his responsibilities for his country that is why he/she always thinks about the progress of his/her country.
We found lots of competition everywhere, and if you want to do a good job then remember that most reputed companies gives preference to educated people. So according to me Education is very much needed to get success in life.

.[/b].

from grammar alone it is clear that education isn't the key to success... and if really u are educated and u still hope to work under someone "e.g the companies u talked about".... then u need to go back to school... and if at this era u still do not know that innovation and ideas which aren't things u get from schools are the basics for success then u don't know what success is..
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
Education has never guaranteed success. I'm a 400lvl student of chemical engineering with the BEST result in my faculty. Though I'm poor, but I know poor people as well as illiterates who will oppose my opinion on education and success. Only illiterates and poor people will tell you education is the route to success because they were either poor and couldn't afford education or rich and didn't go to school, so take those two out of your list.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by cremeconsult: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
ADMISSION, ADMISSION, ADMISSION!!!

Opportunity is here for you to gain admission. INTERIM JOINT ADMISSION MATRICULATION BOARD offers admission into 200level into the University. It is an A'level programme organised by ABU Zaria which runs for a period of 9months. Have you lost hopes? Dont!!! IJMB is the alternative.

The programme runs 9months and thereafter students obtain a DE form of the university of there choice. The programme is worthwhile as it aquaint and prepare students to face the challenges in the universtiy. Interestingly, all you need to get registered is an O'level result. Its is important to note that IJMB result is valid for 4years unlike JAMB. Admission is sure for you with IJMB!!! REGISTER NOW.

For more information.. Please contact us on 08038581375, 08180445997 or 08077386508.. You can also visit our website for more information...www.cremeeduconsult.com
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by fashrola(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
Word from the wise

1 Like

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Orikinla(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lack of good education is why majority of people are poor and suffering from ignorance in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by icezychris(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
actually education doesn't end in the classroom
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Alezy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
EduRegard:
A new chorus has taken over the nation. The song of "Education does not guarantee success". I can precisely say that you must have come across it either from your close associates or those in your far edge.

There are a good number of people who often say "Education does not guarantee success". This article will unveil them.

1. The Illiterate.

The illiterate, as they are known, are ignorant of the power of education. The predominance of them see years spent in school as a waste of time.

2. People With Financial Crisis.

Another category of people who often say "Education does not guarantee success" are those who can't afford to send their children to higher institution or the victims of these parents. They say this to console themselves.

3. People who give up when seeking admission.

The indolent people have never run out of excuses. They always have something to say to defend their inabilities. After they could have applied for admission for a number of times and couldn't make it. They end up saying "Education does not guarantee success".

4. People with poor grades.

Students with low grades are often scare of their chances of graduating well. They mostly have the phobia that their certificates will be inoperable. A good clause they used to soothe themselves is "Education does not guarantee success".

5. Those who succeed without education.

Let me first congratulate this category of people for their achievements. This set of people at times discourage people from going to higher institution because of their success without the effect of education. They won't use those who make it with education as examples but only themselves. Like the first category of people I mentioned above, they also see education as a waste of time. They constantly say " Education does not guarantee success".

According to me, It is true that education does not guarantee success but it is one of the prerequisite of success.

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/5-categories-people-say-education-not-guarantee-success/
so op in your mind, whoever goes to school and graduates with good grades is successful? ?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by opylas(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
6. Those Multilevel Marketing guys angry
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by EduRegard: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Alezy:
so op in your mind, whoever goes to school and graduates with good grades is successful? ?
Quote the part of the post where this was emphasized...
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by efficiencie(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
The school is nt where yu go to get rich. The school is where you go to get life transforming information which can be put to use however you deem fit...Soldiers were taught and learned to kill, some for the money, as assassins, some for the fun and some others for the love of crown and country. Prophets with the spirit of a prophet were taught on the nature, the ministration and administration of their gift and some prophesy for the money, some for the fame (they will have their reward like Balaam did) while others do so for the love of the LORD!

The school is where you get information. What you do with that information is strictly your business.

However some misguided, myopic and sadly moronic persons jump into schools not clearly realizing the relevance of the training they get from school for the purpose they set out to achieve.

You want to be rich overnight yet you went to study Philosophy! Whaaaat!! How on earth in a country like Nigeria will you become rich quick by philosophizing and blabbing a lot of Obahiagbonish vocabulary?

No wonder a person goes to school, spend 5 years to study Engineering and lands in a bank as a business development officer. What a waste! If 4 out of that 5 years were spent doing finance, marketing or management he'd have been a better fit for the job.

So, sir, a school is relevant only to extent that it provides you information necessary to serve your purpose.

Hence if you go to school and become redundant then it's either you are in the wrong school/department or you have not yet discovered purpose and i think the latter is true for most people...

Anywhere belle face syndrome!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts / Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission / Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.