Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" (25337 Views)

Categories Of People That Won't Pass Jamb This Year / 5 Categories Of People That Say “education Does Not Guarantee Success” / 5 Categories Of People That Say “education Does Not Guarantee Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Alezy(m): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
EduRegard:
Quote the part of the post where this was emphasized...
irrespective of the fact that it wasn't emphasised anywhere, this is what the whole point including the title is insinuating.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by TheAziz: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
oya after this your post, does education guarantee success?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by dejavuh0007(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
OP I can't stop laffing @ this fuckery u posted. Does education really guarantee shit?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by olaoye15(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
virud:
For starters, there are broadly two forms of education; formal (conventional primary, secondary and university institutions of learning ) and informal (petty trading, apprenticeship etc ) education. For the records, success is not tied to any particular form of education.

Success as far as am concerned is a relative term, the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, and it is not tied to one particular event. Education and success are very different phenomenon. Any attempt to mix both is usually catastrophic.

On the other hand, Education is the the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction. By this simple definition, every person you've met seems to have attained a level / degree of education.

Education and success, what is the correlation, if any?
Now if education to you means seeing the four walls of a conventional university, secondary or primary institution, then, I make bold to say that your brand of education is not important to achieving success. Simply because education and literacy are not correlated.

Be that as it may, Education is very important to both your personal and professional life, in a number of significant ways! Depending on the level of success you’re seeking to achieve, the level of education may be relative, but the bottom line is, an education of some sort is often paramount to future success. And everyone is by some deliberate means educated. There's no such thing as illiteracy.

Everyone has got some sort of education, and am not being philosophical, I mean it literally. If you doubt, sight an example of anyone / group of persons you think are 'illiterates' and I would gladly point out their education.

Wow. This is one of the most critical contribution I have ever read on NL. I understand where the OP is coming from. I feel he is one of those people who read article without switching on his critical mind. Even those of the stone ages were educated to have been able to come up with the technology of using stone to get fire, the Egyptian of the Middle Ages were educated to have been able to discover a form of writing and communication called heregliphics. What I can say we have people who are non lettered and being non lettered does not mean being illitrate. In fact, I can say that illitracy is a derogatory word.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by EduRegard: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
Alezy:
irrespective of the fact that it wasn't emphasised anywhere, this is what the whole point including the title is insinuating.
If the title reads 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success". Does that in any way state that the OP says Education guarantees success??
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Alezy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
EduRegard:
If the title reads 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success". Does that in any way state that the OP says Education guarantees success??
smh....read your statement again and give yourself an answer
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Alezy(m): 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
TheAziz:
oya after this your post, does education guarantee success?
cc EduRegard
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Alezy(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
dejavuh0007:
OP I can't stop laffing @ this fuckery u posted. Does education really guarantee shit?
cc EduRegard
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by profstar(m): 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
virud:
For starters, there are broadly two forms of education; formal (conventional primary, secondary and university institutions of learning ) and informal (petty trading, apprenticeship etc ) education. For the records, success is not tied to any particular form of education.

Success as far as am concerned is a relative term, the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, and it is not tied to one particular event. Education and success are very different phenomenon. Any attempt to mix both is usually catastrophic.

On the other hand, Education is the the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction. By this simple definition, every person you've met seems to have attained a level / degree of education.

Education and success, what is the correlation, if any?
Now if education to you means seeing the four walls of a conventional university, secondary or primary institution, then, I make bold to say that your brand of education is not important to achieving success. Simply because education and literacy are not correlated.

Be that as it may, Education is very important to both your personal and professional life, in a number of significant ways! Depending on the level of success you’re seeking to achieve, the level of education may be relative, but the bottom line is, an education of some sort is often paramount to future success. And everyone is by some deliberate means educated. There's no such thing as illiteracy.

Everyone has got some sort of education, and am not being philosophical, I mean it literally. If you doubt, sight an example of anyone / group of persons you think are 'illiterates' and I would gladly point out their education.

I just started following you for this.
Mhen, I should have you as friend
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Midgut(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2016
Bluffly:

Because it's an example of Education without success
you are from what state?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Bluffly: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2016
Midgut:
you are from what state?
Never mind
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Gbotun(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
EduRegard:
Education is the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university.

Thank you,since it is a form of receiving and giving systematic instructions. There are many ways of seeking education. So it depends on the
Source and the person involved.

And believe me,Formal education is over hyped

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts / Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission / Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.