Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... (26318 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
musicwriter:

If you believe these as true, then they'll become true for you. That's how nature works.
All nature does is say yes to your genuine wishes.
Thats really really true. i knew the fact before but somewhat along the way, i disregard it!
Maybe i should start wishing for Money and an official girlfriend as from today cos am in need of the twosmiley
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by mrphysics(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
Incredible nonsensical ignorance, highly pretentious bowl of crock and I mean this not to deride or insult you...it's nice to see a Nigerian interested in these sorts of things, but your knowledge is quite elementary and besides it stems from an established premise I.e. I sense an already established animosity towards God and the state of Israel, hence anything you espouse is tinged with bias, you will not make a good scientist.
Concerning the issue itself I'm unable to say much here, none of these scientific theories you've espoused have been established; string theory and and Schroeding's hypothesis remain in the sci-fi realm...even quantum mechanics is just being understood.
It is the glory of God to hide a matter and it's the glory of kings to search it out...because you've discovered basic scientific principles in no way invalidates the idea of God...in fact the opposite is true, the fact that some kind of order exists in what we would otherwise have considered random acts of nature indeed points to the fact of design...
Calm down bros. S.E (schrodinger equation ) is real and in use even as we speak.

but the truth is that the equation did not in anyway relate to what he was using t to prove I.e ops question. Schrodinger equation is far beyond this, more complicated Infact using t this way is like misusing it.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
bobbybrown007:
yes as for the spit on the ground it is very true because am one of it that it effect
I sha know that its somehow true but i do not want to perform the experimentation again
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by hahn(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Weah96:

I love ignorant women like you. Please don't allow my honesty to bother you. But after reading your comment, I feel like fornicating with you (in my Mike Tyson voice).

"I usually don't talk to women unless I fornicate with them. So don't talk unless you wanna....You know"- Mike Tyson grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Weah96: 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tuham:

I agree it a guide for good conduct of living but why does it seems connected to magical influences?

Life is magic. Nothing is normal. We've only been desensitized to the weirdness. Bro, we are currently floating on a space rock flying round and round a giant fireball with EVERYTHING surrounded by an unlimited deep on ALL SIDES.

Meanwhile, I'm awaiting the Premier League season to start. You see what I mean? We have been desensitized like Slaves singing hymns recorded by the slavemasters.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by hahn(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=13pt]I remember back then in my boarding school, (Mayflower school ikenne)
When me and my friends hear that one MRS KOI KOI is cominq (they said she's looking for her 2nd shoe.

We would start praying like[/size]

O Lord pls let her visit another school.

And na me dey sleep near the Main entrance grin

Hold it! What is your student number? Which hostel were you in? tongue
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rilwon:

All of these are superstitions and i see no reason why you should believe any. Well there is no problem if you believe them, it's just that, yoruba in many cases makes superstitions for certain purposes. For example when we were kids, they would tell us that any foods that falls to the ground is not to be eaten because satan had already feasted on them. In reality, no satan feasted on it, our parents were just trying to make us hygienic. They know children are scared of satan and they wouldn't want to eat what he's eating, hence the reason for that superstitious talk. In my opinion, this is applicable to your second superstition up here.

The rest are just some random nonsense talks. undecided undecided

Not that i do believe all superstitions, but what about that of No #2 which still cause the throat ache?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by mrphysics(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
elpedro:

Dang... That Schrödinger ish is Classic.. Superstition holds sway in Africa though ..

The Dream part gets to me sha.. People actually think dreams are supernatural moments.. Methinks Dreams are all about the Interpretation of our Brain functions during sleep.. We create cities, cars, people, conversations, actions and sometimes, we experience the dream-inside-a-dream moment...

Einstein is another being entirely.. His works are pure class and I hold his findings in high regards...

Thanks for the piece you wrote brother.. Now, I gotta read more on this...

Don't deceive urself. S.E is more complicated than u r meant to believe. u will run. infact u won't see S.E talk about things like this.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Weah96: 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
hahn:

"I usually don't talk to women unless I fornicate with them. So don't talk unless you wanna....You know"- Mike Tyson grin

I wan marry d gal. I feel like I can protect and shield her from her ignorance. She'll probably take it as an insult, but I don't care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by DANRAJI: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
well..... sure
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Rilwon: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tuham:

Not that i do believe all superstitions, but what about that of No #2 which still cause the throat ache?

It's not true.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Let me give you a little insight about Schrodinger's equation.

The equation states, correctly, that the subatomic particles that makes up everything can exist in more than one place at the same time. Experiments show this is true. So scientists argue that since subatomic particles are the building blocks of everything, then what they built up can exist in the same way.

The saliva you spitted out of your mouth is therefore still connected to you in the subatomic state. If it comes into contact with a disease, quantum mechanics prove that disease can affect you.

Also consider telepathy. When you hear a little voice it means someone far away is talking behind your back. This also is true. How does your GSM work? Or let us use a simple wireless microphone as an instance.

Our voices (and thoughts) radiate and flow into the atmosphere at 670 million miles per hour. So when you speak, it takes a second for your voice to reach as far as the moon and it continues to travel forever in all directions of the universe. The path the voice follows is electromagnetic waves. So if I have a magnet, it can attract your voice in real time and you can hear it loud through amplifiers. That's how microphones work and interestingly your GSM.

When you make a phone call to someone in USA, it's not the phone that took your voice there. Your voice is already radiating through the universe. The phone simply sifts the voice out of trillion others because you and the person you are talking to are on the same frequency.

I took time to explain this to you because that's how television works too. And shockingly, it's what our brains pick when we sleep which we know as dreams. People we call prophets and miracle workers just have the privilege of higher brain frequencies. When Einstein died, it was discovered that his brain was different. It's still in a jar at Princeton University.

Without messing with your belief, I must tell you that 90% of what religion do which we term miracles is actually solid science. The white people know but they won't just blow it up yet and expose religion because the existence of the state of Israel hinges on the belief that a being somewhere is controlling the universe. The contrary is the truth.

Thanks so so much oglalasioux for the insightful details and explanation. I really appreciate your taking time to explain all of these things..
Once again, Thanks mansmiley!
I wish i could meet you in person.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rilwon:

It's not true.
can you do me a favour?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
Weah96:

Life is magic. Nothing is normal. We've only been desensitized to the weirdness. Bro, we are currently floating on a space rock flying round and round a giant fireball with EVERYTHING surrounded by an unlimited deep on ALL SIDES.

Meanwhile, I'm awaiting the Premier League season to start. You see what I mean? We have been desensitized like Slaves singing hymns recorded by the slavemasters.

lol...
Life itself is indeed a magic.. The space with its unlimited space, the moon and the stars with the magical floating on the air..
Which football club you belong to? Maybe you be my padi?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
DumDum13656:

waoo Albert Einstein has reincarnated...
he's really Albert Einstein indeedsmiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
hahn:

Hold it! What is your student number? Which hostel were you in? tongue
Guy Na fight grin

B3 up
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rexnegro:
Hahahhahahahahhahahahaha Lwkmdh mr op dey fear again? Meaning You believe it then.
Fear for where?
Me wey be say, i kill two ants with my bare hand. Fear no fit do me anything joor
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Weah96: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tuham:

lol...
Life itself is indeed a magic.. The space with its unlimited space, the moon and the stars with the magical floating on the air..
Which football club you belong to? Maybe you be my padi?

I support Man Utd. Pogba should come make real money and quit deceiving himself.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
DonCortino:
If someone bites you and u rub chicken shít on d bite mark, the biter's teeth will rot n fall off. grin grin grin

oya come bite me, make i rub shit for there.
And if your teeth no commot, i go tell Seun to sue you to Nairaland's court for criminal offence of lieing
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
Christeety:

Lol. I remember Naked Man during night prep and the monkey scare. Gosh!!! I almost passed out. Everybody slept in three or four(s) on one bed. A great school indeed... I had my best memories in that school.
Abeg what set

You must be my senior no doubt grin
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by musicwriter(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tuham:

Thats really really true. i knew the fact before but somewhat along the way, i disregard it!
Maybe i should start wishing for Money and an official girlfriend as from today cos am in need of the twosmiley

Hope you're not being sarcastic, cause if you are you must realize I said "genuine wishes". This means the immense desire inherent in such wishes would actually propel anybody to work hard to get whatever they want in life. When you understand this law you'll realize nature is already fine-tuned to your favour.

You can get anything you want in life. It's really true!.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Cherishing:

my set lipsrsealed
What's your student number

grin
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Cherishing:

my set lipsrsealed

grin
what's Your student number?? grin
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
lonelydora:
Happenings suggests it's real.

When a nursing goes out and her breast milk starts flowing, it means her baby is crying.

Experimented with my first and second baby, and its true.
Thanks for the add-on

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
sportskid:
It is to you according to your faith. What you believe becomes your reality
I believe i'll soon become a multi-billionaire making positive impact in people's life and mentioned by Forbe's.
I also believe i will soon get an official gf
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
repogirl:
Yes, I believe in superstitions.

Number one works unless you renounce any bad luck coming your way in your mind. angry Then If you hit your right foot against something, wish for something in your mind immediately and see what happens next. grin

Number two definitely works, I have been a victim sad

Number three, I'm not sure of but I once heard if you find yourself sneezing unnecessarily a few times, then people are talking about you somewhere.

Now another one that freakishly works for me all the time is if I UNINTENTIONALLY wear any piece of clothing inside out, I know money is definitely coming my way. grin

Oops..you also agree with me? Thats cool
Plus what if i intentionally wear my cloth inside out? Will money come my way too?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by hahn(m): 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Guy Na fight grin

B3 up

Lol.

B3up

I was there when Papa was the warden.

Angel 7

A.D.O

Premature ex-may though grin
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Rilwon: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tuham:

can you do me a favour?

What's that?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by sonnie10: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
How did they create the horned god depicted in modern times as the Devil? Lets start by understanding what or who organized religions call pagans. The word pagan is deprived from the Latin word Pagani, meaning people who leave in the country sides (villages). It had nothing do with any belief system. However, before the coming of organized religions, people worshiped earth gods and unlike today, were people dwell in urban areas, majority of the world population were rural dwellers- "Paganis." They worshiped earth gods.

These pagans made sacrifices with horned animals to gods (animistic ), they also had symbols of horned animals to give meaning to their belief. But when modern religion came, they misinterpreted these horned symbols to fit their narrative. The old belief system was demonized as evil. One way the message was spread was to relate the horned symbol with evil and by so doing, pagans were associated with evil; the horned devil now created by modern religion.

These days, it is not uncommon to see images of horned, half animal half human on TVs and prints being referred to as the devil. This is man made propaganda used to drive traffic to organized religion. In African, people have swallowed these lies hook, line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by MeoClark(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
Naijapikin1:
na go, you dey go so, ooo. Insanity knocking on your door.

This is the most hilarious comment I have seen today. Got me rolling. laugh don kill me already.
Naijapikin1:

This is the most hilarious comment I have seen today. Got me rolling. laugh don kill me already.
Naijapikin1:

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
Cherishing:

my set lipsrsealed

grin

hahahaha..
lol
*laughing and rolling on the floor*
please come carry me up:/
*stretch out hand to be lifted up*
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Cherishing(f): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
what's Your student number?? grin

u looked like one of my students then grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

White Lady Married To Feb Idahosa Shares Her Love Story (photos) / Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' / What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.