Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... (26607 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by JSoE(f): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2016
mrphysics:

Why will I comment when someone has openly raped modern physics. It is totally wrong for him to take on d ignorance of majority to deceive them. He is wrong., Infact I have to copy and paste what he said on my class group, and you will not like to read what they said about t. If he is a physicist, let him open a thread in d science section. Infact everything the op said has NOTHING to do with the schrodinger equation. they are mere believes people have. it's just like saying that the existence of God has been explained by S.E. it's wrong.

And for your lecturer teaching you Quantum mechanics in first year, I would like to know the school but I still maintain that it is wrong. Infact I have listened to lectures on quantum mechanics from MIT, Stanford university, IIT, their whole series of semester lecture on quantum mechanics, none were taught to first year physics students let alone non physics students.

if it were the only course you will do in ur first year, none of u in d class will understand it.

Like I said,the lecturer wasn't quite elaborate in the explanation. Maybe you missed that part.It was just like my mum trying to teach me about sex at 8.She didn't drop all the info.Later I was like, 'where and how will that pipe thingy my little brother uses to pee fit into my body,what is this woman even saying?' That was exactly the kind of thing going through my mind after the lecture.I kept on wondering what the lecturer yammering about. I really think you should go tell him how insane he is.Back to topic,please offer your own explanation using science.I'm curious
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

Hi I'm also an Ex - May Student number 16172 and you ?
Oga no

22744 grin
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Oga no

22744 grin
lol you are even my junior self. you can't greet your senior abi??
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

lol you are even my junior self. you can't greet your senior abi??
GOOD MORNING SIR
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
GOOD MORNING SIR
lol that's my boy
but i doubt if the new mayflower would be as fun as the old.
1 principal for the whole school.
classes take turn to clean the poultry,pig house,
and wash that dirty God forsaking kalakuta toilet. heard the turn miracle world to school hostel and all.
2.principals now and they even give options in their exam.
then objective is same as theory.
advice to repeat.
paste the name of the first 10 and last 10 in each classes.
I miss mayflower sha. the old 1 tho
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

lol that's my boy

but i doubt if the new mayflower would be as fun as the old.

1 principal for the whole school.

classes take turn to clean the poultry,pig house,

and wash that dirty God forsaking kalakuta toilet.
heard the turn miracle world to school hostel and all.

2.principals now
and they even give options in their exam.

then objective is same as theory.

advice to repeat.

paste the name of the first 10 and last 10 in each classes.

I miss mayflower sha. the old 1 tho
No more beans and pap every morning

School uniform has been changed
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
No more beans and pap every morning
School uniform has been changed

smh mayflower is shit now.

beans and pap / corn mean (waka)
gari and fish for lunch did they scrap that two?
and the uniform changed to which colour now?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

smh mayflower is shit now.

beans and pap / corn mean (waka)

gari and fish for lunch did they scrap that two?

and the uniform changed to which colour now?
Just Google it

My sisters still dey go there sha

I heard Tunde and Corin are fighting sef
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by raphieMontella: 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
benELOHIM7:
Just yesterday I was in my room napping when I dreamt of my mum talking to a man with a scare on his right arm. Just few moments after I woke up, I overheard my mum asking a man of a scar on his arm. Curiously I went out to discover that the scar was unbelievably on his right arm, though the scar in my dream was fresh.
Life is indeed deep!

oglalasioux. How does schroendigers eqn explain this since subatoms dont exist in dream world
mr..u werent actually sleeping..u heard it tho it felt like a dream...wikipedia search dreams..and u'd understand more of it...simple as abc
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by FreeSpirited: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
jasper83:

pls can you also explain this, when I was into commercial driving, I mean driving danfo bus. Whenever your bus has an issue in Monday morning and you take the bus to a mechanic workshop, believe you me throughout that week you visit the mechanic workshop for one thing or the other infact that week job iis dead. You may ask drivers on this... It has happened to me one than once which made me shift abit that something's happened to us we may not explain. Pls reply
Its more of self fulfilling prophecy....reinforced by your psyche.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by oglalasioux(m): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
princeBlack77:
please bro, as a scientist how can somebody foresee exactly what happened years back in a person's life as this prophets and fortune tellers do because that's one of the things I believed to be superstitious. Thanks in advance

In 1936, television broadcast was beamed into space and 41 countries watched live as Adolf Hitler opened the olympics. That broadcast is still travelling through space at the speed of light. Even in the next billion years it'll still go on forever in all directions. If there are other worlds and they use tv, they'll watch it even in 10 billion years coming. That Hitler speech will travel through space forever.

Same thing with our thoughts and speech etc. A person with high brain frequency can still see the past or the future because space time is interwoven. We can sail through it back and forth like a river.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by oglalasioux(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
YoursGEJ:

Is this a joke or what?

Oga scientist, the speed of sound (like your voice) is 770 miles an hour not 670 million miles per hour. It will take 311 hours for sound to reach the moon not 1 second.

Did it take the Apollo astronauts 311 hours to speak through radio to earth?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by oglalasioux(m): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
concept65:
Thank you for this. Is there a way to maybe fine-tune one's esp? If one has a in gift clair abilities, is there a way to grow them?

Drugs are your sure bet. Marijuana smokers are known to have sharper premonition. Other chemicals abound mostly used by spiritual churches.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by YoursGEJ(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

Did it take the Apollo astronauts 311 hours to speak through radio to earth?

Didnt you say voices radiate through the atmosphere at 670mph? So you are now admitting that radios/phones do accelerate speed of communication. I thought you said they merely sift out noise. Mtcheww
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by jasper83: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
FreeSpirited:
Its more of self fulfilling prophecy....reinforced by your psyche.

pls elucidate. I can't understand...
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by FreeSpirited: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
jasper83:

pls elucidate. I can't understand...
You can google self fulfilling prophecy. I was once a victim before i broke loose from this vicious circle. Its a form of omen or self inflicting belief reinforced by the mind, that something,usually negative will always happen at a particular time, place or during certain circumstances.

This ominous belief is usually sustained by some form of delusion, an inherent prophet of doom in the mind. This pattern of occurrence keeps happening if not broken making it a self-fulfilling prophecy .
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Christeety: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Abeg what set

You must be my senior no doubt grin

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Christeety: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Abeg what set
You must be my senior no doubt grin

00/06 and you?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by jasper83: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
FreeSpirited:
You can google self fulfilling prophecy. I was once a victim before i broke loose from this vicious circle. Its a form of omen or self inflicting belief reinforced by the mind, that something,usually negative will always happen at a particular time, place or during certain circumstances.

This ominous belief is usually sustained by some form of delusion, an inherent prophet of doom in the mind. This pattern of occurrence keeps happening if not broken making it a self-fulfilling prophecy .

Thanks
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Christeety: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=YOUNGELDER1 post=47841475]

lol you are even my junior self. you can't greet your senior abi??[/quote

Hi..
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Christeety: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=YOUNGELDER1 post=47841475]
lol you are even my junior self. you can't greet your senior abi??[/quote
Hi...What set?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Christeety:

2007 / 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by cr80vity(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

Let me give you a little insight about Schrodinger's equation.

The equation states, correctly, that the subatomic particles that makes up everything can exist in more than one place at the same time. Experiments show this is true. So scientists argue that since subatomic particles are the building blocks of everything, then what they built up can exist in the same way.

The saliva you spitted out of your mouth is therefore still connected to you in the subatomic state. If it comes into contact with a disease, quantum mechanics prove that disease can affect you.

Also consider telepathy. When you hear a little voice it means someone far away is talking behind your back. This also is true. How does your GSM work? Or let us use a simple wireless microphone as an instance.

Our voices (and thoughts) radiate and flow into the atmosphere at 670 million miles per hour. So when you speak, it takes a second for your voice to reach as far as the moon and it continues to travel forever in all directions of the universe. The path the voice follows is electromagnetic waves. So if I have a magnet, it can attract your voice in real time and you can hear it loud through amplifiers. That's how microphones work and interestingly your GSM.

When you make a phone call to someone in USA, it's not the phone that took your voice there. Your voice is already radiating through the universe. The phone simply sifts the voice out of trillion others because you and the person you are talking to are on the same frequency.

I took time to explain this to you because that's how television works too. And shockingly, it's what our brains pick when we sleep which we know as dreams. People we call prophets and miracle workers just have the privilege of higher brain frequencies. When Einstein died, it was discovered that his brain was different. It's still in a jar at Princeton University.

Without messing with your belief, I must tell you that 90% of what religion do which we term miracles is actually solid science. The white people know but they won't just blow it up yet and expose religion because the existence of the state of Israel hinges on the belief that a being somewhere is controlling the universe. The contrary is the truth.
s ds a Nigerian?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=Christeety post=47848314][/quote]
Enrol 2001 finished 2007. and you?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by andreawills96(f): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Tuham:
thats cool!
But i learnt humans cannot survive there, how did you manage todo it?
. I broke the record
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Thebrightest(m): 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
YoursGEJ:

Didnt you say voices radiate through the atmosphere at 670mph? So you are now admitting that radios/phones do accelerate speed of communication. I thought you said they merely sift out noise. Mtcheww
Oglalasioux is atrociously skilled at pseudoscience and only the gullible and novice will believe all he says.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Oahray: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2016
YoursGEJ:

lolz... Don't mind the guy. He pretends to know what he's saying. He probably thinks sound is an electromagnetic wave.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by darkhorizon: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
elpedro:

Dang... That Schrödinger ish is Classic.. Superstition holds sway in Africa though ..

The Dream part gets to me sha.. People actually think dreams are supernatural moments.. Methinks Dreams are all about the Interpretation of our Brain functions during sleep.. We create cities, cars, people, conversations, actions and sometimes, we experience the dream-inside-a-dream moment...

Einstein is another being entirely.. His works are pure class and I hold his findings in high regards...

Thanks for the piece you wrote brother.. Now, I gotta read more on this...
einstein never worked or contributed to quantum mechanics: his work is relatitity(general & special) and nothing more.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by darkhorizon: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Oahray:
lolz... Don't mind the guy. He pretends to know what he's saying. He probably thinks sound is an electromagnetic wave.
abi o,help me tell am,and nairalanders have been praising him all day,sound requires a medium,it is a mechanical wave,not an em wave
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
andreawills96:
. I broke the record
thats totally cool?
Can i come pay you a visit over there?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by aimuan(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Let me give you a little insight about Schrodinger's equation.

The equation states, correctly, that the subatomic particles that makes up everything can exist in more than one place at the same time. Experiments show this is true. So scientists argue that since subatomic particles are the building blocks of everything, then what they built up can exist in the same way.

The saliva you spitted out of your mouth is therefore still connected to you in the subatomic state. If it comes into contact with a disease, quantum mechanics prove that disease can affect you.

Also consider telepathy. When you hear a little voice it means someone far away is talking behind your back. This also is true. How does your GSM work? Or let us use a simple wireless microphone as an instance.

Our voices (and thoughts) radiate and flow into the atmosphere at 670 million miles per hour. So when you speak, it takes a second for your voice to reach as far as the moon and it continues to travel forever in all directions of the universe. The path the voice follows is electromagnetic waves. So if I have a magnet, it can attract your voice in real time and you can hear it loud through amplifiers. That's how microphones work and interestingly your GSM.

When you make a phone call to someone in USA, it's not the phone that took your voice there. Your voice is already radiating through the universe. The phone simply sifts the voice out of trillion others because you and the person you are talking to are on the same frequency.

I took time to explain this to you because that's how television works too. And shockingly, it's what our brains pick when we sleep which we know as dreams. People we call prophets and miracle workers just have the privilege of higher brain frequencies. When Einstein died, it was discovered that his brain was different. It's still in a jar at Princeton University.

Without messing with your belief, I must tell you that 90% of what religion do which we term miracles is actually solid science. The white people know but they won't just blow it up yet and expose religion because the existence of the state of Israel hinges on the belief that a being somewhere is controlling the universe. The contrary is the truth.
pls can you pls lecture me on how TV works?I mean how it transmite live programs?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Christeety: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

Enrol 2001 finished 2007. and you?

00/06

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tony Rapu Dancing At His Daughter's Wedding (Photos) / Chris Oyakhilome's Mother And Benny Hinn On The Altar (Photos, Video) / Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.