Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

"Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) (49701 Views)

Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State / $600m Jets’ Deal Raises US Imports Of Nigeria’s Crude / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Omeny: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

First I used most not all so I didn't generalize.
Second, this isn't hear say, it's the truth.

I personally know situations whereby the oil coy gave some of the youths work to do.

Guess what they did. Yup. They turned around and sold their employments.

I know you guys would prefer to blame Notherners for dragging this country backwards But the truth is bitter. The northerners feed this nation. While some people keep yapping about our oyel

Nobody is blaming anybody!
What u said u saw or told doesn't mean they all don't want to work.
The North feed the nation in what sense?
Does it mean I get what ever food that come from there for free?
Upon,your north feeding the Nation,we still massively import the products they feed us with into Nig on daily basis,go do ur findings. So, what are u talking about?
That doesn't mean I don't salute the extent the North has gone with agro-products after all,majority of our water and Agric ministers has come from their region. Who says the south can't feed west africa with fertile lands and whether we have all over compares to the North?
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by slimzeyy: 8:45am On Jul 24, 2016
the first tym i came across dis i was really didsappointed in our leaders and particularly in the south south leaders.
little wonder we are not progressing. this people curse fit make a nation progress?
Still cant believe jona was president for six years and south south is still as bad as before, even bayelsa inclusive.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by ojialo(m): 9:12am On Jul 24, 2016
princetom1:

What did Jonathan did for that region at all? If someone from that region did nothing, dont blame the one from the north who is not doing anything. Jonathan was in the best position to develop that region .

so 5 years of his government is enough to develop that region,

how many years did it took to develop Lagos and Abuja?
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by seunoni34(m): 9:35am On Jul 24, 2016
Mintek:

Stop being mischievous. Yar'Adua died on 10th May 2010 and Jonathan governed from that date till May 29th, 2015 (5years).

That the APC could so easily exploit the gullibility of Nigerians by forcing "6years" down the throats of everyone just to make it seem Jonathan had governed for eternity speaks volume of the level of our intellectual laziness.
Calm down my SE bro
Yar'adua was sick for a long time before he died. And, GEJ was acting president all through the period.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by bashobusa(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2016
evilapc:
If care is not taken, that is how the whole of ND will be in the nearest future, while the north and its people will be like london,... this is singular reason, why the one Nigerians parasites keep screaming unity, they want to destroy the whole of ND
Bush Man, wo is screaming for unity? Which unity is there at all, we are calling for division, let Nigeria be divided. Its the mistake of 1914
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by ogb5(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2016
kastroud:

idiot see who is talking ehhhhh
2010-1
2011-2
2012-3
2013-4
2014-5
2016-6
the way u think I won't be surprised to find out that buhari has a higher WAEC grade than you

Your stupidity is legendary.
5th May 2010 to 29th May 2015 is 6 yrs to you idiot.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Greenback: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Luvties:

Must they work there? Instead of asking to be employ in the government they only want to be paid monthly stipend for doing nothing. Lazy ass... Rubbish!
gedda4q and go to blazes,
can govt employ everybody?
Everybody dey post,zombie self dey post..
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by magicalx(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2016
Kollyman:

I beg to disagree....!

The problem of Niger Delta is not the government but the leaders and their elders!

I don't know if you stayed in that region before then you would understand what Jonathan mean by "stealing is not corruption".

Everyone you see making noise in that region are not interested in the well-being of the region but they only want to get their share of the national cake and relocate!

Jonathan was there for 6yrs, what was his achievement for the region?

Timpolo, Asari, boyloff, Orubebe, Clark to mention but a few, what was their contribution towards the development of that region? All those guys I mentioned are billionaires, how do they get their money?

ND should go and put their house in order

All the people you mentioned, were they there in 1956 when oil was first drilled? If from the beginning, Care had been given to the land owners of the oil location wouldn't it be the norm now? They take the oil develop other parts of Nigeria and abandon the most important areas it's a pity!
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Mintek: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2016
seunoni34:

Calm down my SE bro
Yar'adua was sick for a long time before he died. And, GEJ was acting president all through the period.

My temper is not high, and I'm not from the SE. I'm only setting the records straight.

Yar'Adua was flown to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November 2009, and he returned to the country on 2nd May, 2010 only to unfortunately die 3days later.

Nov. 2009-May 2010 = 6months.

GEJ was only in acting capacity for 6months and it's on record he was denied full executive powers by the northern power brokers in cahoots with Turai and some northern senators. As a matter of fact, a number of important documents requiring the president's endorsement were flown all the way to Saudi Arabia, just to deny Jonathan full executive powers.

This compelled some patriotic law makers to prevail on the National Assembly to invoke the Doctrine of Necessity to enable Jonathan truly function as Acting President.

Your problem is just sheer hate for the man GEJ, for God-knows-why. Stop calling a dog a bad name just to hang it.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Omeny:

Nobody is blaming anybody!
What u said u saw or told doesn't mean they all don't want to work.
The North feed the nation in what sense?
Does it mean I get what ever food that come from there for free?
Upon,your north feeding the Nation,we still massively import the products they feed us with into Nig on daily basis,go do ur findings. So, what are u talking about?
That doesn't mean I don't salute the extent the North has gone with agro-products after all,majority of our water and Agric ministers has come from their region. Who says the south can't feed west africa with fertile lands and whether we have all over compares to the North?

Well, maybe you don't live in Nigeria. How much foodstuff does your area produce? Who are those who do most of the importing in Nigeria? You as a person, can you go to farm to plant and harvest yams and tomatoes?

#sigh*
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Mintek: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
kastroud:

idiot see who is talking ehhhhh
2010-1
2011-2
2012-3
2013-4
2014-5
2016-6
the way u think I won't be surprised to find out that buhari has a higher WAEC grade than you

Uncle, you have embarrassed yourself enough abeg. This is a public forum o. cheesy grin

How did you get 1year from 2010-2010?
...and what is 2016 doing there? Did GEJ hand over in 2016?

grin grin ROTFLMHO

Are you sure you did Arithmetic in school? that's if you've attended any.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Omeny: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

Well, maybe you don't live in Nigeria. How much foodstuff does your area produce? Who are those who do most of the importing in Nigeria? You as a person, can you go to farm to plant and harvest yams and tomatoes?

#sigh*

Am a farmer sir.
Being a farmer does not start and end with carrying cut classes and hoes upadan.
I challenge you to contact me of any available land and let's start from there!

Despite all our chicken farms around, do u know Nig import 5million eggs everyday? I didn't say rice ,veg,Apple,beans yet oo.
Go and find out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
Omeny:

Am a farmer sir.
Being a farmer does not start and end with carrying cut classes and hoes upadan.
I challenge you to contact me of any available land and let's start from there!

Despite all our chicken farms around, do u know Nig import 5million eggs everyday? I didn't say rice ,veg,Apple,beans yet oo.
Go and find out.

That's commendable I must say and if you know your onions (no pun intended), you'll probably be able to reap a great gain from the huge lacuna in the agro-allied industry in Nigeria.

Well done sir.

Will soon join you in that profitable business myself.

Animal husbandry sounds good to me.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
ojialo:

so 5 years of his government is enough to develop that region,

how many years did it took to develop Lagos and Abuja?

At least we can agree that he was there for 5yrs abi? Good.

For 5years, point to 1 thing, i.e. ONE thing he did for his region which was in dire need of clean up from oil spillage?
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
Safari29:

your head is not correct (ori e ti daru)

Jonathan was acting president since 2009-2011 after Yar aduas sickness death, and he was d president till 2015, how many years is that? Oloshi

he was even VP from 2007 till 2009. what did he do to ND? Nothing, and u guys didnt protest, now u are crying for an outside to come to ur aid, u had better hold you leaders responsible. awon olofo
red roof fool.
FYI aint from ND.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by ebosed: 12:26am On Jul 26, 2016
Mintek:

Stop being mischievous. Yar'Adua died on 10th May 2010 and Jonathan governed from that date till May 29th, 2015 (5years).

That the APC could so easily exploit the gullibility of Nigerians by forcing "6years" down the throats of everyone just to make it seem Jonathan had governed for eternity speaks volume of the level of our intellectual laziness.

Park joor. Spewing trash. Is rascality a virtue?
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by ebosed: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2016
Mintek:

My temper is not high, and I'm not from the SE. I'm only setting the records straight.

Yar'Adua was flown to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November 2009, and he returned to the country on 2nd May, 2010 only to unfortunately die 3days later.

Nov. 2009-May 2010 = 6months.

GEJ was only in acting capacity for 6months and it's on record he was denied full executive powers by the northern power brokers in cahoots with Turai and some northern senators. As a matter of fact, a number of important documents requiring the president's endorsement were flown all the way to Saudi Arabia, just to deny Jonathan full executive powers.

This compelled some patriotic law makers to prevail on the National Assembly to invoke the Doctrine of Necessity to enable Jonathan truly function as Acting President.

Your problem is just sheer hate for the man GEJ, for God-knows-why. Stop calling a dog a bad name just to hang it.
if he was president for a century, the result would still be same. Don't forget he gained admission into the University with the "educational disadvantage cliché" he would not have been selected in competitive area like Lagos. Sure he got admitted with more ordinary passes than credit pass.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Truckpusher(m): 12:49am On Jul 26, 2016
ITbomb:
I'm just imagining the beehive of activities and structures that were set up there.

Most of the white people who set foot on that location are made for life including their families.
You're right , we can always blame them the white man for all our problems but again , ever since they left and has left us in the hands of our fellow black people , haven't they our own same black people turned out to be worst than the white man ? Nigeria is a case study , you can't lord disrespectfully in all manner over a people by depending on their resources with brute force to maintain the status quo, when they are down facing a life of an oppressed man with no hope of anything to save at least their environment they will fight to the very end . Nigeria is a failed state in the hands of the Hausa/Fulani hegemony and their South West lapdog( please , with lots of respect to all my SW friends that have seen through the scam of one undefined Nigeria ) and this is why places like Oloibiri today that it it feeding Nigeria needed to be taken care of , now .before it is too late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Bus Going To Convention In Accident Along Abak (photos) / 7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.