Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

New Scammers On Auto Section - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / New Scammers On Auto Section (26968 Views)

The Auto Section Crew / Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section / Irrelevant Things In Auto Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by Caveatemptor(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2016
princetom1:

My oga, chill abeg, no vex. I just need zazau to tell us what happened. He is yet to say anything tangible, so, we aren't believing any story yet. Sure say u no collect his wife? Abi u snatched his bag of rice ( rice na gold now) zazau, come out o, real dealers don't joke with their name on nairaland o, u better be sure u know what u saying. Thanks. Waiting for zazau,
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by Caveatemptor(m): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2016
wickedboi:

Immediately add this pharisee; @Cityhood to ur scammers list
No time.

CC: dominique

1 Like

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by Caveatemptor(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2016
princetom1:

Why?
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2016
[quote author=Caveatemptor post=52324777][/quote]

And so? Am not allowed to joke? I wwill label someone scammer without evidence? Stop stalking me sir, contribute meaningfully or keep shut.
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by Caveatemptor(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2016
princetom1:

Ongoing saga, not requisite for banning. Thanks for d heads up, i saw d thread from last night
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by Caveatemptor(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2016
I rest my case.
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 7:14am On Dec 29, 2016
New scammer spotted,

Monicker: princesamuel123

Mods, do the needful

cc: dominique, EgunMogaji, GAZZUZZ
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2016
With #CityhoodGate, we are sure gonna have alot more revelations

Anyone associated with him, i mean, selling cars for him or using same car stand is gonna same faith with him.

This monicker: janahalew,

lets ban him forever, u guys can check him up to understand my conclusion

Mods, please, do the needful and i need confirmation after he has been deleted

cc: dominique,

1 Like

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2016
Would a mod ban

Monicker: hanahalew ?

Before someone falls a victim again.

cc: seun, dominique,
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
New scammer spotted,

Monicker: johnisreal333
janahalew

Mods oooooooo, please do the needfull since morning oooo.

cc: seun, dominique
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Can somebody tell me why janahalew account is still active?

Are mods nurturing another cityhood to break again? Do mods need evidence from saturn before his account deactivated? What's NL turning into?

cc: diportivo, aieromon, MPVgoddes, mynd44, musco4me, Kingreign, GAZZUZZ, dominique, seun, lexusgs430, Caveatemptor, d33types, uzuz, uboma, NgcoboP,
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Another scammer spotted,

Monicker: Usmanbalogun123

Mods, please, why is janahalew still active?

Where are the mods here?

cc: dominique, seun
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by flyingdutchman(m): 1:24am On Dec 30, 2016
ME I GET CORRECT SWEET SUV OOO!!! I WOULD LIKE AN OPPORTUMITY TO PROVE ONA WRONG- STRAIGHT SHOTER
zazua:
Bro. Some guys will post cars n jeeps and wen u ask dem to show you the vehicle d start to delay n frame stories n end up showing u rundown jeeps or claim dat it was used to take loan n etc.
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by blank(f): 8:20am On Jan 08, 2017
dominique:

Thanks for being your brother's keeper.

If only there was a way we can keep them from posting permanently, I would have implemented it. But these scammers are very relentless, it takes them little efforts to create new email addresses and open new accounts posting scam posts on various sections. Once the spam bots identify their numbers, they start using new ones. Still, we will not be deterred from kicking them out of the forum the moment we get hold of them. While the moderators clean up the scam posts, you the members can do your bit by alerting others as you're doing now. Together, we can make Nairaland scam free.

What of banning their ip addresses?
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by dominique(f): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2017
blank:

What of banning their ip addresses?

I'm afraid I'm unable to do that. For now, banning their IDs is the only way of curbing them
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by dbelovd(m): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
princetom1:

What are u expecting sir?

1) Peoples money are involved, we can't make rash decision
2) Those who were banned in the past are new scammers, who just joined nairaland and start littering this section with ads and ridiculous prices
3) Cityhood came out to try and explained his part but we now know its all a scam all along
4) His thread are being locked and placed with a placard with CAUTION,
5) We want the complainant to get back his money, so, its neccesary we give cityhood that few days yo sort things out or risk loosing it all on nairaland.
6) I wanna see him banned too, but we need to be careful, just few more days and this will be over, pls bear with us. Or u have better idea?

Bros, God bless u

Pls don't relent on your effort

Nairaland, just like any other community, cannot b entirely crime free, but with the kind of effort u are making, fraud can b brought to d nearest minimum.

#cityhoodgate is particularly shocking!!!

2 Likes

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by pafestula(m): 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
Cityhood is not a scammer, BUT sometimes sells half past dead vehicles, YES!!! selling used vehicles that they modified to perform like genuine vehicle.

A CASE STUDY.

Cityhood advertised one Kia Sorento Jeep around July 2013 on NL here, he was a new member in auto section which I was moderating then. The Kia was located in Akure beside Mobil filling station along Oba-Ile road, opposite Angola and Siliky mechanic workshop, I contacted Cityhood on phone, we negotiated and I decided to give physical inspection, I drove down to check the Sorento Kia, I was full of regrets with the condition I met the over praised Kia online by Cityhood.

The Sorento Kia was painted and well packaged, still yet the dilapidated conditions doesn't need and an expert opinion to decipher that the SUV is a time bomb.

https://www.nairaland.com/1097566/99kia-sportagemini-jeep-08169446319-300k/1
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
dbelovd:

Bros, God bless u

Pls don't relent on your effort

Nairaland, just like any other community, cannot b entirely crime free, but with the kind of effort u are making, fraud can b brought to d nearest minimum.

#cityhoodgate is particularly shocking!!!

Thanks. Am honoured. We are our brother skipper
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
pafestula:
Cityhood is not a scammer, BUT sometimes sells half past dead vehicles, YES!!! selling used vehicles that they modified to perform like genuine vehicle.

A CASE STUDY.

Cityhood advertised one Kia Sorento Jeep around July 2013 on NL here, he was a new member in auto section which I was moderating then. The Kia was located in Akure beside Mobil filling station along Oba-Ile road, opposite Angola and Siliky mechanic workshop, I contacted Cityhood on phone, we negotiated and I decided to give physical inspection, I drove down to check the Sorento Kia, I was full of regrets with the condition I met the over praised Kia online by Cityhood.

The Sorento Kia was painted and well packaged, still yet the dilapidated conditions doesn't need and an expert opinion to decipher that the SUV is a time bomb.

https://www.nairaland.com/1097566/99kia-sportagemini-jeep-08169446319-300k/1

The point is, did he knew? Capital yes. With this modus of operandi, he can easily join other scamming Business as long as they wount catch him. Like seriously, he is just using vehicle sales to cover face. I wonder how those who he sold dead vehicles to, are feeling now

#cityhoodGate
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
weldon Princetom1 I will be adding them here.

1 Like

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by predatorX: 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Anything from Kaduna is suspect now. Even to buy okada now people would start asking for VIN, spoke and engine pictures.
The reviews and commendations these fraudsters were achieving are what misled unsuspecting victims.
2015 was #bimbogate of Inspiredm
2016 is #Cityhoodgate or dadagate
2017 is going to be one guy who likes to pre-order from Cotonou. His moniker starts with a 'T'. Same modus-operandi, same misleading reviews and commendations.

THAAAAADDEUUUUUSSSSSSS NAIRALANDERS DEY WATCH YOUR EVERY MOVE IN HD and 7D.
NOBODY is to be trusted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
predatorX:
Anything from Kaduna is suspect now. Even to buy okada now people would start asking for VIN, spoke and engine pictures.
The reviews and commendations these fraudsters were achieving are what misled unsuspecting victims.
2017 is going to be one guy who likes to pre-order from Cotonou. His moniker starts with a 'T'. Same modus-operandi, same misleading reviews and commendations.

NOBODY is to be trusted

I cant help but laugh, am still recovering from #cityhoodGate,
According to federal government, no more bringing in vehicles from cotonou

We have learned alot though,
Is it the fake registration number?
Using personal info of his client to black mail dem (like d time he used style to said his client was too young, he might be a fraudster)
Reselling a dead vehicle,
His delaying tactics,
His apology for something millions of naira,
Using mechanics to deliver vehicles,
Cityhood crimes are just too much...

Pafestula, tuale, u forgot one part, everyone was keeping quiet, thinking they were the only unlucky buyer, but we can see it all now. The fact that he resold a dead vehicle to someone else, says alot about the kind of person, cityhood is
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
weldon Princetom1 I will be adding them here.

Yes sir. Welcome to 2017. I am still waiting for my lake rice and bottles of origin o
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by wickedboi: 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
predatorX:

NOBODY is to be trusted

@predatorX
Please be clear on the issue with tadeus cos I'm about concluding a transaction with him, infact tomorrow. Please confirm before I enter one chance
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by pafestula(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thadeus deals with Cotonu cars if am not mistaken? if yes, then which border is the vehicle going to pass? anyway "The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom on land borders "

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by Caveatemptor(m): 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
wickedboi:

@predatorX
Please be clear on the issue with tadeus cos I'm about concluding a transaction with him, infact tomorrow. Please confirm before I enter one chance

The government has banned the importation of vehicles through the land borders from 1St January 2017. How will this guy bring in the vehicle except to smuggle it in through the numerous bus paths between Nigeria and Benin Republic,and that is if he can avoid the numerous customs patrol teams. However the question you should ask yourself is how is he going to regulate the customs documents since government has banned entry through land borders?
The answer is falsification of documents and fraudulent evasion of customs duty.
Or will he import through Cotonou and go and pay duty at Tin can or Apapa ports?
I saw him assuring potential victims that he can bring in the vehicles successfully and chuckled.
Stories that touch the heart potentially loading................

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by predatorX: 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
pafestula:
Thadeus deals with Cotonu cars if am not mistaken? if yes, then which border is the vehicle going to pass? anyway "The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom on land borders "

Tadeus wee go to Kaduna na and buy one of Cityhood's BAD(Buy And Drive) Cars, respray and send that same sonnovagun mechanic to teh you dat when Customs wia purshoeing him he manage to dodge them inside Bush at Idiroko Border. But in the process the "brainbus" acquired mad-car disease in the brain, and the cold in the bush affected the AC that's why the AC is blowing hot, AC-Fever.
Ask @chelseabmw for more information before patronizing the dude because na @chelsea dey too praise the guy evidently.
I don't doubt his abilities but I don't believe his reviews. It's just too similar to Dadagate and Bimbogate.
We all can serve as NL-auto-section police and expose the criminals and decepticons. Nice initiative princetom1

3 Likes

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by predatorX: 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
wickedboi:

@predatorX

Why spend millions on a gamble when you can comfortably set aside between 10 and 30k for a comprehensive check, obd scan inclusive? or even ask a trusted Kazeem in your area to accompany you for specific inspection procedures.
A trustworthy KAZEEM is always better than an overrated car dealer.

1 Like

Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 12:52am On Jan 11, 2017
wickedboi:

@predatorX

Oga how far? Hope u are still breathing and didn't fall into scamism or fraudism?

Your reply is expected sir
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by aieromon(m): 2:01am On Jan 11, 2017
You're doing a nice job here princetom1!
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by princetom1(m): 7:36am On Jan 11, 2017
aieromon:
You're doing a nice job here princetom1!

Thank u boss cool
Re: New Scammers On Auto Section by wickedboi: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=princetom1 post=52706190]

Oga how far? Hope u are still breathing and didn't fall into scamism or fraudism?

Your reply is expected sir[/quo

No
holding on till I can afford a vehicle from Berger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

ORIGINAL MOTORPARTS AND FLUIDS FOR TOYOTA/LEXUS,NISSAN/INFINITI,MAZDA,MITSUBUSHI / My Trip To Chicago Auto Show (pics) (vids) / POWERBIKES ! ! For Sale (More pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.