Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose (946 Views)

Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose by rommyth(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Justice Olukayode Adeniyi of a high court of the federal capital territory has okayed the request of the wife of president Muhammadu Buhari, Aisha,to serve court processes on Governor Ayodele Fayose and two of his media aides. Idowu Adelusi and Lere Olayinka.

Mrs. Buhari had asked the court to for an order of substituted service on the governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose.

In the ex-parte motion, dated July 20, 2016, the President’s wife begged the court to grant her reliefs to issue writ of summons against Fayose and his media advisers, Idowu Adelusi and Lere Olayinka.

She had sued Governor  Fayose over his repeated claims that she was involved in the Halliburton scandal even after she wrote  to the governor on June 23, demanding retraction.

Justice Adeniyi of the court granted all reliefs sought by Mrs. Buhari, including an order of substituted service.

Counsel to Mrs. Buhari, Mary Ekpere, had  in the motion prayed the court to allow  the lawsuit  be served on Fayose and his two aides.

Justice Adeniyi while granting the order ordered that the service be done through a courier service, DHL or any  media publication.

It would be recalled that Fayose had in June alleged that  Mrs. Buhari was the “Aisha Buhari” named in a U.S. court document, alleged to have been involved in the bribery case involving a convicted former U.S. lawmaker, Williams Jefferson.

The governor, in what appeared to be an error, referred to the Jefferson bribery as the Halliburton scandal, which is an entirely different case.

Fayose however insisted he was right, despite Mrs. Buhari’s denial and threat of lawsuit.

The material distributed by Fayose on June 20 said the first lady was an accomplice in the bribery scandal that landed Jefferson in jail.
http://leadership.ng/news/542715/court-okays-aisha-buharis-request-serve-gov-fayose

Re: Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose by agabusta: 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
I like this woman. She wants to set the records straight.

But I wonder if the case will ever go anywhere due to Fayose's immunity.

Wailers would soon have something to say. They dared the beautiful woman to go to the US, and were at the time mocking and laughing at her that "she dares not".

When it became obvious she will be going to the US they changed the tune.

Even now that she has filed a case in court to set the records straight, i'm sure they'll still have something unintelligent to say.

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose by amuokuko: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nah today thief's don dey sue their accusers...

Abeggy, madam u re kowrrupt..

Hope this same court that permitted suing Fayose while covered with immunity will also permit same for Buhari..

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose by HawksDude(m): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Fayose the mad dog roaming the streets of social media.

I feel bad for him tho.
Re: Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose by Samtob90(m): 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
agabusta:
I like this woman. She wants to set the records straight.

But I wonder if the case will ever go anywhere due to Fayose's immunity.

Wailers would soon have something to say. They dared the beautiful woman to go to the US, and were at the time mocking and laughing at her that "she dares not".

When it became obvious she will be going to the US they changed the tune.

Even now that she has filed a case in court to set the records straight, i'm sure they'll still have something unintelligent to say.

They will always have one or two things to say in defence of their wailing, I have read comments from the corrupt infected wailers that how dare she sue a sitting Governor!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Okays Aisha Buhari’s Request To Serve Gov. Fayose by holadguy(m): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2016
First lady let him understand that action speaks louder than fayose voice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Mimiko's Commissioner, Special Assistant Resign, Defect To APC / Governor Obiano To Address 22nd World Igbo Congress In New York Today / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.