Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria (30452 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum / FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by naptu2: 2:01am On Oct 14, 2017
Dr Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To President Buhari's Request To The World Bank To Focus On Northern-Eastern Nigeria.

Dr Oby Ezekwesili has been very critical of the Buhari Administration in recent times and this has also earned her criticism from President Buhari's supporters, but she said that the fact that she stands on the side of truth means that she will say the truth about anyone, regardless of whether they consider her to be a friend or an enemy.

And therefore she decided to say the truth about President Buhari’s request to the World Bank to focus on the North-East. Remember that she served as vice president of the World Bank, so she knows how the organisation works.

https://mobile.twitter.com/obyezeks/status/918867858926514178

The question and answer that led to the controversy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by hucienda: 2:06am On Oct 14, 2017
*... spreads mat.*

4 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by fergie001: 2:33am On Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria is a theatre of comedies.

Obiageli Ezekwesili is always a controversial figure but I think she knows her onions,and she had spoken really well.
On her account,she had stressed on the fact that no matter how she is abused,she will stand on the side of truth.
In fact,she had spent the first 4 or 5 pages pressing that she doesn't care,and all that.She needn't do that.

She made valid points on post-conflict areas and N/E precisely(more than once)and her calls were in CONFLICT with the UN scribe's assertions.
But Jim's statements were Northern Regions,and he said that more than once.The last time we checked N/W and N/C,until PMB came in were not hot-beds.
The truth is that Buhari has shown to be very ethnic in virtually everything he does,hence any intent is attributed to his true person.
No matter,how the likes of "Madam Due Process" whitewash this lie,Kim doesn't know afonja,arewa or ipob,and he stated it as he was told.

"Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love."
(F.D)

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by FriendNG: 2:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Pigs come and insult Oby. Call her use and dump as usual.

Oby who was once in the position of Kim see no wrong in moving focus to North East Nigeria.

fergie001:
Nigeria is a theatre of comedies.

Obiageli Ezekwesili is always a controversial figure but I think she knows her onions,and she had spoken really well.
On her account,she had stressed on the fact that no matter how she is abused,she will stand on the side of truth.
In fact,she had spent the first 4 or 5 pages pressing that she doesn't care,and all that.She needn't do that.

She made valid points on post-conflict areas and N/E precisely(more than once)and her calls were in CONFLICT with the UN scribe's assertions.
But Jim's statements were Northern Regions,and he said that more than once.The last time we checked N/W and N/C,until PMB came in were not hot-beds.
The truth is that Buhari has shown to be very ethnic in virtually everything he does,hence any intent is attributed to his true person.
No matter,how the likes of "Madam Due Process" whitewash this lie,Kim doesn't know afonja,arewa or ipob,and he stated it as he was told.

"Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love."
(F.D)

The conflict of Boko Haram affect the whole north. There isn't a region without a bomb blast in the north during the last administration.

Infact Jos (NC) and Kano (NW) suffered insurgency more than Gombe state and Taraba of Northeast.

And North West is now safe in the hands of Pmb and not the lies you're trying to paint.

Tell me when last bomb blast happen in Northwest and North central since the coming of this new administration and I will list countless number of bomblast in these two regions b4 the coming of Buhari.

You must not lie to make your point.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by inteli: 2:39am On Oct 14, 2017
Two-face shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by inteli: 2:39am On Oct 14, 2017
Two-face shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by rifasenate11(m): 2:56am On Oct 14, 2017
please Aunty Oby, are you saying for fact that the president of world back who is highly disciplined is lying??. well, I cannot blame you at all, PMB has done what is unimaginable Alright. it maybe hard for you to believe it. but, a lot of people don't need to be told by the president of world back, that PMB is a sectional bAstrd.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by CriticMaestro: 2:59am On Oct 14, 2017
He probably said that because the north is underdeveloped and had suffered the effects of insurgency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ramdris(m): 3:31am On Oct 14, 2017
inteli:
Two-face shocked
How?

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by CharleyBright(m): 3:55am On Oct 14, 2017
.Dear Mr President, I was never your fan and so i was indifferent even as i partially supported your election as President because I wanted the Past GEJ Administration out of office cos of their flagrant corruption.
Two years after your election, you have shown all the traits that made me not to be your fan. Stubbornness, high handedness, I-know- it -all attitude, Religious bigotry, Sectionalism, Nepotism and Administrative incompetence has been your way. They are still very much in u.
Dear Mr President, When it is needful for you to voice your thoughts on burning issues, you always chose to be silent because it involves your kith and kin. And whenever you chose to talk, you spew your bigotry nature and tear the country apart along ethnic and religious lines.
Dear Mr President, your request to the world bank chief to focus on and favor the North is an attestation of your Nepotic inclination and very synonymous with your 95% to 5% acrimonious analogy.
Nigeria has never been this divided like is it in last two years since your election.
Dear Mr President, you wanted the record so badly to be a Military Head of State as well as civilian President. You came, you have seen, you have conquered. That's enough.
We wanted Corruption out, but you came with your Bigotry to add to the corruption. Indeed Nigerians are worse off than they were during the past administration.
Dear Mr President, come 2019, do Nigerians some good and pack yourself out of Aso Rock.
We will do our duty to pray we don't have another you as occupant of that villa.

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by desmond2pk: 3:55am On Oct 14, 2017
Now that the east Has suffered ipob and Nigeria army war, are they going to shift their focus to the east?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by bonechamberlain(m): 3:57am On Oct 14, 2017
standing in the side of truth my foot angry

9 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Firefire(m): 4:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Buhary is a bigoted sectional ruler, period!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 14, 2017
Buhari is a deadly diseas to this nation.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by dannytoe(m): 4:37am On Oct 14, 2017
oby if you like defend or castistage buhari, he will never change his about southerners.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by dannytoe(m): 4:38am On Oct 14, 2017
oby if you like defend or castistage buhari, he will never change his mind about southerners.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by nawtyme: 5:02am On Oct 14, 2017
Dear Oby,
I respect your opinion on the subject matter. But if the policy of world Bank is to focus on post conflict areas to quickly provide infrastructure and it is been obeyed which is what you are defending, why have you been quiet when the right to self determination as contained in the UN charter has been denied to your own people?

I used to be critical of your opinions in the past, but with the turn of events, and the backlash and insult from a government you convinced people to support by your actions or in actions, I feel pity for you.

Cheers Madam.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by FriendNG: 5:22am On Oct 14, 2017
jayson87:
Buhari telling World Bank, to focus on north east, whether misread, misquoted, misinterpreted IS NOT OUT OF PLACE. That region is in need of rehabilitation and restoration after the menace brought upon them by the activities of Boko Haram Insurgents. Over 10 million IDPs are in Borno alone

Gbam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by jayson87: 5:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Buhari telling World Bank, to focus on north east, whether misread, misquoted, misinterpreted IS NOT OUT OF PLACE. That region is in need of rehabilitation and restoration after the menace brought upon them by the activities of Boko Haram Insurgents. Over 10 million IDPs are in Borno alone

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2017
They called us BMC for saying the truth.

Those that prefer to hate would never have joy, that's a certainty.

5 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 5:49am On Oct 14, 2017
desmond2pk:
Now that the east Has suffered ipob and Nigeria army war, are they going to shift their focus to the east?

Only when a large chunk of easterners become IDPs.

I'm sure you are not praying for that.

4 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Ibifizzleboy(m): 5:54am On Oct 14, 2017
madam stop wailing. it's late

5 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ivandragon: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2017
the Niger Delta has been ravaged for over 40 years, why can't PMB also request for a special focus for the region that put Nigeria on the map as a key nation?

Lagos state is being threatened to be over run by the Atlantic ocean, why can't a special focus be given to the issue?

so when world bank gives loans to rehabilitate the north which started the destruction of their own land just to spite southern leaders, it is the same south that will be ravaged to pay back the loan...

madam oby, do not let the fear of PMB make you pull your punches, as a former VP at the WB, you know quite well the region that will be exploited to repay the loans...

do you think its fair?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by iambabaG: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Hate beclouds the brain and renders it unable to function properly..
Someone that has been there has laid it all out; it’s left for you to accept it or not. But note that your opinion doesn’t count. As long as such a request is in line with the practice of the world renowed instititution.. your opinion on the President doesn’t count!
Is it your aid or money??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by ednut1(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2017
lipsrsealed reaction don turn talent. We go bark and scream drn move on

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2017
Make she go and sit down who reaction EEP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by kindnyce(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2017
But most people especially Southerners agreed that North is underdeveloped, so what's the hue and cry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by Proffdada: 7:09am On Oct 14, 2017
What bout the oil spills in ND or erosion claimed SE or flood ravaged areas along the river niger?

6 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by macaranta(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2017
Okay, I know it's more blessed to give than to recieve. Personally I believe no region in Nigeria should depend on foreign aids as this induces laziness.
So sorry I fail to locate a suitable Bleep to give as to where they decide to focus or not focus.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by bkool7(m): 7:10am On Oct 14, 2017
desmond2pk:

Did Ipob bomb anywhere in the East?

or was there war in the East?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria by MuyiRano(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2017
I will come back to read later. Its too long jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) / Omoyele Sowore Wins His Polling Unit In Ondo / Danladi Umar: Shameful Statement By CCT Chairman On Banex Plaza Fracas - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.