Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

It's Out Of Your Hands - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Out Of Your Hands (258 Views)

Is This Right? "Raise Your Hands If You Want To Give Your Life To Christ" / Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands / Catholics: Why Do You Clasp Your Hands During Holy Communion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Out Of Your Hands by SonofIssachar: 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
By Bob Perks

"It's out of my hands!" I thought to myself. There's nothing more I can do."

It seems so final, so absolute.

I heard those words once spoken when I was fired from a job I loved.

The look on my face begged for an explanation.

"Why?" I asked. "Can't you do something about it?"

"It's out of my hands," he said.

I heard those words spoken when my mother was dying from cancer. I was just 21 years old, still young enough to believe that doctors heal and mothers can make boo boos better with a kiss.

"It's out of my hands," he said.

With that we knew it was over.

Hands that I shook when I accepted a job suddenly couldn't hold me there.

Hands that I depended on to bandage a wound, gently inject an antibiotic, sign an excuse to miss school, and couldn't make my mother well.

Hands that nurtured, wiped away tears, caressed my face, guided me across the street and welcomed me home, would no longer be there.

Today I spoke to a friend about a project I worked on, a dream I've held in my heart for years now and how much it would mean in my life at this time if it worked out.

He said, "You've done all that you could, Bob. It's out of your hands."

He left and I sat there alone in my dreams.

I looked down at my hands and realized that they have grown old along with me. Wrinkled, dried up, bruised and scarred, still they've never let me down.

"As long as I have faith, this dream is not out of my hands," I said.

With that I raised my hands, placed the palms together and said a prayer.

Meditation: …these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. – Acts 20:34

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

The Omniscient God Is Our Lord / Jesus Is An Authority / The Northerners And Why Nigerians Should Quit Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.