Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? (3996 Views)

Freshcvvs's Punting Journal To $50-$100 consistent profit (Updated) / Cheap And Reliable Courier Companies Faster And Consistent Than DHL,EMS,ETC / Good Profit In Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by hauler: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
Fhemmy,
I think the original poster should step in now and enlighten you on these issues that i have raised, im not the one selling the business to you. Even if you have access to parts in Canada or the USA are u going to leave your truck idle in Lagos until the parts get there? You need something that can be accessible to you in not more than an hour or less so that the truck can keep working. You don't want a situation where your truck is parked for weeks pending repairs/parts cos you insisted on buying a Volvo. As far as income is concerned all i can say is the truck will rarely work 5 days a week every week, and even if hes only doing transfers there is still a lot of other expenses that he is conveniently leaving out.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hauler

If you know so much about the biz, we are all here to learn and be able to make decision and see if we can be able to get into the biz.
So tell us more about the biz.
Show me some pix of some of the trucks that can do the job before modifications and after modifications.
How much it will cost for such modifications.
Give us more detail.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by ant01: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2009
Truckhead and flatbed for sale.

Hey guys for anyonewho wants to get into this business and need to buy flatbed or/and truck head, i have flatbeds for sale.
Just cleared from the apapa

Flatbed - 40 feet cost 1.2m
Truck head - Daf 85 ATI 2.
Thanks
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by latch(m): 6:15am On Oct 10, 2009
While you guys are at it, I have 3 DAF 85s (1997-2000), and 4 flatbeds for sale @2.4m and 1.3m respectively.
They are from the UK and are currently in Ibadan.

Email me foro further details: onetetra-byte@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by loracle: 1:10am On Oct 21, 2009
, folks, listen to what @hauler is saying- he ain't lying;

there're so many hidden and inconceivable costs from LASMA, the cops, touts, area boys, etc. that you have to settle DAILY that it's real difficult to put a profit and loss statement in place. Insurance is very important also esp. the goods in transit insurance, so also is where you park your truck(s) at night- I've had a couple of brain boxes stolen from my trucks, chained down rims/spare tires stolen, etc, etc.

If you're gonna get into the biz you better make sure you have someone real trustworthy running the show for you- preferably someone who's ass you can kick and trust me you'll feel like kicking some ass sooner than later. I always have my baseball bat handy- so if you ever see some guy out there wielding a baseball bat- c'est moi! It really is a cut throat biz- get ready to WORK and get dirty so if you've held a desk job all your life this might not be the biz for you! I kid you not! Remember you're gonna be in the burning heat!!

If you do business in the ports at Apapa you'll have to 'grease' some palms there also. I wouldn't have believed all the shenanigans that go on in the biz if i ain't witnessed it first hand. You cannot possibly split yourself between the number of trucks you have so once again you're at the mercy of your manager(s) and drivers and they'll inflate cost of repairs, fines, or anything they can think of.

That said, so what's the bottom line- is there money to be made in the biz- a hell yea- if you have the stomach and skin for it!!!
'Nuff said.

P.S. Another way to conduct the business is just rent the truck out to someone you know but then you again run the risk of not getting your monthly dues on time so whichever way you look at it- you're screwed, but don't get me wrong some people get their money regularly and if you've warned the drivers and managers that if they $&G* up you'll put a cap up their asses- you might just make it. grin

Best of luck y'all- you'll need it but do listen to @hauler he seems more realistic than the other fellow!- my two cents!

One last thing- when the money starts rolling in- and it will roll in- make sure you save a lot of it 'cos all of your trucks might just decide to break down at the same time- God forbid but it happens!!!!

I've also heard that they're a lot of fetish people in the biz but I pray i never run into 'em! Keep God first (baseball bat 2nd) and you should be okay!
grin

By the way- I used to be a suit and tie-sit-behind-a-desk guy, got tired of that but see what I've been turned into- go figure grin cheesy
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by eros(m): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ Loracle,

You must be one funny grown man. Am loving your explanation and the thing with the base ball bat, it sure works wonders. I have one i keep by my bed side for those intruders who think they deserve to have my hard earned money.

Anyways, from your explanation and that of hauler, it clearly shows that this biz is not one for those who think its a money-making biz; or those who just want to sit back at home and wait for the money to come in. We should all know that, no biz in life is a bed of roses, but Nigerians always want to cash in on the latest fast money making biz, without considering the pros and cons.

A friend told me about this biz and he is desperately looking for me to invest in it. I guess when he reads your comments and that of hauler, he will have a change of mind. At this point, i will like to say the poster made this biz look very easy and stress free. But from your explanation and that of hauler, THIS BIZ NA DIE and i definitely will not invest 1 naira in it. Hell no, not when there are those useless, illiterate and fetish human beings who think their success is hinged on running someone else down.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Aks(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2009
@Phemmy-- thanks for the insistence and consistency in letting the contributors break it down to us in lay man's language. i think i know u

@ Hauler, thanks for maintaining your stance and giving us insight to the pros and cons of the business.

@ LORACLE, i really appreciate your comment, it's an eye opener. I'm still a shirt and tie person u used to be but i won't mind going into this business soonest. I have a large heart who can undertake the risk, i really have flair for it and making necessary move in getting my own truck.

@hauler / Loracle--- i'll appreciate if you can email me at akinmain@yahoo.com so as to get ur contact addy and i'll follow up thru mail with you.

thank you, GOD Bless
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by loracle: 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
@eros- please don't get me wrong- do NOT under any circumstances base your decision on whether to get into the biz or not solely by what you read here! While info on this forum can stand as a guide YOU have to get out there and see things for yourself. Who knows you might not run into ALL the problems we've run into (but you can rest assured you'll run into SOME)!!! So get out there and get dirty! One thing you could look into is starting out small (test the market with one truck and one flatbed for starters). That way if you need to pull out you might be able to recuperate some of your initial investment by selling the truck and stuff.
Best of luck with your decision(s) bro.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by sonety2k(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2009
@Tobilola
Pls kindly add me 2 your mailing list , My email address is sonety2k@yahoo.com .

Regards
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by ashany: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2009
hi tobiloba.its like my hubby's got a truck thats yielding nothing and his manager is lax the driver removes money before remitting anything which is nothing at the end of the day.they contact my hubby when the truck has problems.i'm really mad at them as i dont have any better option to offer my hubby.the truck is stationed in calabar wher we were based before getting transferred to kaduna.its still there.lying fallow'if ther is any business arrangement we could make with you pls call 08032125050 or 08058454800.would be really grateful
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Yoighaman(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2009
Thank y'all for the insight and very candid opinions

These words are invaluable, give me some more, cheesy

Our Lagos, Yale and Harvard business school guys had beta come and learn on dis our Naija forum!
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by darajonez: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hey Tobi guy, am really interested ion this biz please send me more info ASAP
darajonez@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Bart: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hi Guys,
stunbled on the post when i was looking for info on this kinda business. i don't know how often you guys come in here, please any any of you guys in this thread please I'll to ask for an advise.
thank you
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Bart: 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
loracle:

, folks, listen to what @hauler is saying- he ain't lying;

there're so many hidden and inconceivable costs from LASMA, the cops, touts, area boys, etc. that you have to settle DAILY that it's real difficult to put a profit and loss statement in place. Insurance is very important also esp. the goods in transit insurance, so also is where you park your truck(s) at night- I've had a couple of brain boxes stolen from my trucks, chained down rims/spare tires stolen, etc, etc.

If you're gonna get into the biz you better make sure you have someone real trustworthy running the show for you- preferably someone who's backside you can kick and trust me you'll feel like kicking some backside sooner than later. I always have my baseball bat handy- so if you ever see some guy out there wielding a baseball bat- c'est moi! It really is a cut throat biz- get ready to WORK and get dirty so if you've held a desk job all your life this might not be the biz for you! I kid you not! Remember you're gonna be in the burning heat!!

If you do business in the ports at Apapa you'll have to 'grease' some palms there also. I wouldn't have believed all the shenanigans that go on in the biz if i ain't witnessed it first hand. You cannot possibly split yourself between the number of trucks you have so once again you're at the mercy of your manager(s) and drivers and they'll inflate cost of repairs, fines, or anything they can think of.

That said, so what's the bottom line- is there money to be made in the biz- a hell yea- if you have the stomach and skin for it!!!
'Nuff said.

P.S. Another way to conduct the business is just rent the truck out to someone you know but then you again run the risk of not getting your monthly dues on time so whichever way you look at it- you're screwed, but don't get me wrong some people get their money regularly and if you've warned the drivers and managers that if they $&G* up you'll put a cap up their asses- you might just make it. grin

Best of luck y'all- you'll need it but do listen to @hauler he seems more realistic than the other fellow!- my two cents!

One last thing- when the money starts rolling in- and it will roll in- make sure you save a lot of it 'cos all of your trucks might just decide to break down at the same time- God forbid but it happens!!!!

I've also heard that they're a lot of fetish people in the biz but I pray i never run into 'em! Keep God first (baseball bat 2nd) and you should be okay!
grin

By the way- I used to be a suit and tie-sit-behind-a-desk guy, got tired of that but see what I've been turned into- go figure grin cheesy

Hi Loracle,

please i will like to know if automatic gear truck is good for nigerian road.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by EXPORTFINANCE: 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Anyone got very good flatbed trucks to pick up MSC...charcoal from Ogbomoso suburb to Lag...call 08100491344...its weekly trip!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With 350,000 Naira As A Student / Meet Mrs Folorunsho Alakija Africa's Richest Woman @ $600 Million = N94 Billion / Gtbank Alagomeji Branch Sort Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.