Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter (2162 Views)

Herdsmen Attack: OPC Begins Action Against Fulanis In Yorubaland / 17 Largest Cities In Yorubaland And Population / Tinubu Is A Pillar, Leader In Yorubaland - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rate of business failures alarming in South-East – ECCIMA President

By Emmanuel Uzodinma

The new president of the Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, ECCIMA, Rev. Surveyor Ugochukwu Chime has expressed worry over the rate business owners are closing shops in the South-East zone of Nigeria.

Chime, who spoke on the occasion marking his installation as the new president of ECCIMA and the induction of over 25 members in Enugu, said “the rate of business failures have so much accelerated that it has induced fear into investors, especially local investors who do business without the economies of scale being enjoyed by multi nationals.”

While identifying the various challenges standing before his leadership, he observed that revenue accruing to the various levels of government in the country had in the past two years reduced by over 50 percent, stressing that ‘this has resulted in its inability to run government and execute capital projects effectively.”

“We are faced with over 60 percent unemployment amongst the youths, with the school leavers being the worst hit, leading to anger, frustration, high rate of crime and insecurity of lives and properties

“It is now easier and faster for global socio-economic challenges to affect our people in the remotest part of our villages, resulting in what they do not know, affecting and devastating their means of livelihood”, he further stated.

The ECCIMA President, however, assured that with his team, the ECCIMA under his leadership would focus on human resource development, membership and development, promotion of commercial agriculture, industrial training and entrepreneurship.

In his speech at the event, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi commended the Chamber for her achievements, particularly the cordial relationship between the Chamber the organised private sector and the government and people of Enugu state, which he said had boosted entrepreneurship, poverty eradication strategies and skill acquisition in Enugu State.

Daily Post Nigeria

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/03/rate-of-business-failures-alarming-in-south-east-eccima-president/
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by sarrki(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
K
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by nduchucks: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
@OP, it is also well known that if the said people leave Yorubaland en mass, you people will not survive.

We need each other.

2 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by ELTON123(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
grin grin
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by lekkie073(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
nduchucks:
@OP, it is also well known that if the said people leave Yorubaland en mass, you people will not survive.

We need each other.
we don't need u Mr man angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by kayfra: 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
nduchucks:

We need each other.

We all need each other, but that Yoruba won't survive is purely a hyperbolic statement. There will be an adjustment period but that's pretty much all of it.
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mayor of Lagos and anti-Igbo threads...

6 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by modath(f): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
nduchucks:

We need each other.

What's with the hyperbole? undecided Hope you aren't trying to start unnecessary fire... necessity is the mother of invention, what's rocket science in importation and trading? if push comes to shove, manufacturing will take over... we are still playing.. no real developed country exists almost primarily on importation.....

Mayoroflagos,

Bros mi on steroids.. smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by omofunaab(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
Chai mayoroflagos.. ..Biko .why u dey find trouble
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
why do you think an average uche will rather run to the west than staying in alaibo.

5 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by AustineE1: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Reading and understanding are two different things,understanding remains the biggest problem facing all half-baked graduates.....'mayor of lagos',you are a victim of the failed educational system in Nigeria. Try and comprehend before masturbating on any news about Igbos.
Like president,like his followers!

1 Like

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
I have read this post umpteen times to see the caption of the report, but I couldn't find it. What the ECCIMA president said is a national menace afflicting every part of the country. The OP is well known to stir up tribal fights so this doesn't surprise me.

Like nduchucks said, we need one another. No nation exists in isolation. I don't agree with his belief that Yourbas will suffer if the Igbos leave. The business art of Importation and trading is not too difficult to master. Besides, a sovereign Yoruba state could become a hub of manufacturing.

2 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by richybanky(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
lekkie073:
we don't need u Mr man angry
Total Knock Out grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Stingman: 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
richybanky:

Total Knock Out grin grin

Fake!!!
Once Biafra is mentioned...so that you can have your SW to yourself and make your laws on how foreigners can live there...you go into bouts of epilepsy...with...statements like red sand, erosion...landlocked, cursed land, Biafrat, etc...

Now you can see that you are deceitful...and you know it in your treacherous heart... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by richybanky(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
Stingman:

Fake!!!
Once Biafra is mentioned...so that you can have your SW to yourself and make your laws on how foreigners can live there...you go into bouts of epilepsy...with...statements like red sand, erosion...landlocked, cursed land, Biafrat, etc...

Now you can see that you are deceitful...and you know it in your treacherous heart... grin
Alaye wat d hell ar u talking abt? Go tru my post again and see if I ever mentioned anything like biafra, South West etc.. Idiota

2 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by nduchucks: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
modath:

What's with the hyperbole? undecided Hope you aren't trying to start unnecessary fire... necessity is the mother of invention, what's rocket science in importation and trading? if push comes to shove, manufacturing will take over... we are still playing.. no real developed country exists almost primarily on importation.....

Mayoroflagos,

Madam you will make me protest your partiality in this matter o. The title of the OP's thread could have the effect of starting unnecessary fire much faster than my innocent post. In the meantime you accuse me wrongfully, while you hail the OP.

Please note that I am opposed to anything which could cause the deaths of Nigerians, including direct and indirect calls for separation.
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by modath(f): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
nduchucks:

Madam you will make me protest your partiality in this matter o. The title of the OP's thread could have the effect of starting unnecessary fire much faster than my innocent post. In the meantime you accuse me wrongfully, while you hail the OP.

Please note that I am opposed to anything which could cause the deaths of Nigerians, including direct and indirect calls for separation.

You see why I said you want to set fire? You are trying to mischievously make an issue out of this by implying SW's survival is at risk and you know it... you are a fun loving arsonist..

As for seperation, what will be will be... overt or subtle threat of mass murder or carnage won't stop anything... . Be guided. cool

I'm not hailing mayor for the thread, just acknowledging him, dazall....

2 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Stingman: 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
richybanky:

Alaye wat d hell ar u talking abt? Go tru my post again and see if I ever mentioned anything like biafra, South West etc.. Idiota

Coward...What is the "knock out" for...?The one when you hear, you go into hiding...See>>>

Fatoki community in the Igando area of Lagos under attack!!!

A resident, Banjo Oye­wole told Sunday Sun: “I am leaving the area right now. I am waiting for my wife to pick up her loads so that we relocate to Ipa­ja. If you heard the gun­shots, you wouldn’t wait for someone to advise you on what to do.

Cowardino

1 Like

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
nduchucks:

We need each other.

Show me anytime Ibo left anywhere and the land and its people failed to thrive as a result.

Beside, where would they leave to?

grin

4 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
JackBaueress1:
Mayor of Lagos and anti-Igbo threads...

grin grin
You are stewppid! Yeye! I love my Igbo people.
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by omenka(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Rate of business failures alarming in South-East – ECCIMA President

By Emmanuel Uzodinma

The new president of the Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, ECCIMA, Rev. Surveyor Ugochukwu Chime has expressed worry over the rate business owners are closing shops in the South-East zone of Nigeria.

Chime, who spoke on the occasion marking his installation as the new president of ECCIMA and the induction of over 25 members in Enugu, said “the rate of business failures have so much accelerated that it has induced fear into investors, especially local investors who do business without the economies of scale being enjoyed by multi nationals.”

While identifying the various challenges standing before his leadership, he observed that revenue accruing to the various levels of government in the country had in the past two years reduced by over 50 percent, stressing that ‘this has resulted in its inability to run government and execute capital projects effectively.”

“We are faced with over 60 percent unemployment amongst the youths, with the school leavers being the worst hit, leading to anger, frustration, high rate of crime and insecurity of lives and properties

“It is now easier and faster for global socio-economic challenges to affect our people in the remotest part of our villages, resulting in what they do not know, affecting and devastating their means of livelihood”, he further stated.

The ECCIMA President, however, assured that with his team, the ECCIMA under his leadership would focus on human resource development, membership and development, promotion of commercial agriculture, industrial training and entrepreneurship.

In his speech at the event, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi commended the Chamber for her achievements, particularly the cordial relationship between the Chamber the organised private sector and the government and people of Enugu state, which he said had boosted entrepreneurship, poverty eradication strategies and skill acquisition in Enugu State.

Daily Post Nigeria

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/03/rate-of-business-failures-alarming-in-south-east-eccima-president/
Omo!! This thread is gonna cause a lot of pains, weeping, gnashing of teeth and sleepless night, especially as it is coming from a credible source and straight from the mouth of an Israeli!!

#Popcorn: check!

#Zobo: check!!

#Power bank: check!!

Rubbing palms in ecstatic anticipation. grin

Abeg, make no Yoot quote me oo. Me go just be observer here.

4 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by richybanky(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
Stingman:

Coward...What is the "knock out" for...?The one when you hear, you go into hiding...See>>>

Fatoki community in the Igando area of Lagos under attack!!!

A resident, Banjo Oye­wole told Sunday Sun: “I am leaving the area right now. I am waiting for my wife to pick up her loads so that we relocate to Ipa­ja. If you heard the gun­shots, you wouldn’t wait for someone to advise you on what to do.

Cowardino
So bcus I said knock out, next tin for u is to assume wat am talking is abt ur tribe, wow I salute ur stupidity grin grin grin
Like I said in my earlier post, do a research on my posts and satisfy urself and wat is my business abt a resident who is relocating to Ipaja? Wat I hear everyday/see on nairaland is coward, coward, coward as if u guys ar robots.. For ur info, I think u pick d wrong guy bcus I don't involve myself in anything dat leads to tribal war.. Good day

2 Likes

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
MayorofLagos:

grin grin
You are stewppid! Yeye! I love my Igbo people.
You're telling your sweery she's stewpid abi? I will not forgive you. embarassed
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
modath:

Mayoroflagos,

My dear sister, how u been?

No mind nduchuks abeg, i wonder if he went to church today. He needs deliverance! grin
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
JackBaueress1:
You're telling your sweery she's stewpid abi? I will not forgive you. embarassed

Well,in an endearing way,my love.

I dont want to be denied...you know! grin
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Well, the truth is very bitter than yoyo bitters itself, I'm sure they'll soon tag this man, like Joe Igbokwe an Efulefu for saying the gospel truth.

Ironically, same people accused the Yorubas of being lazy and unindustrious forgetting that hard work isn't selling gala, fanyogo, handkerchief, car wipers in the SW or carrying drugs abroad, it's simply about business finesse, treating your staff right and making the right moves at the right time.

Anyways the records don't lie, the links below are the 2016 Forbes list for African richest billionaires and Africa Most Promising Entrepreneurs. Guess what no Ibo made Top 10 in either categories but the lazy people have 3 children of their among.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2016/03/01/the-african-billionaires-2016/#44fad8fe2a5a
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kerryadolan/2016/06/06/africas-most-promising-entrepreneurs-forbes-africas-30-under-30-for-2016/#6c3e33e93acf
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Well,in an endearing way,my love.
I dont want to be denied...you know! grin
This is beremx. Oni so ku so!

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by seunny4lif(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Popcorn checked
5D glass checked cool cool
Bulletproof checked grin grin grin

Seun don already bring my Mat grin grin grin
Seun, oya come and go my 2 bottles origin grin grin

Igbos can't survive with the Yoruba grin grin
Yorubas cant survive without Hausa becos dem too like Meat grin grin
Igbo can't survive without Hausa becos dem too like business grin grin

Running out grin grin

1 Share

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
AustineE1:
Reading and understanding are two different things,understanding remains the biggest problem facing all half-baked graduates.....'mayor of lagos',you are a victim of the failed educational system in Nigeria. Try and comprehend before masturbating on any news about Igbos.
Like president,like his followers!

Come again....what did you call me?

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by nduchucks: 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
There is a theory that "Igbos are the most energetic parvenus" who have successfully challenged the established order of
supremacy which the Yoruba occupied in the elitist professional civil service and economic establishments all across this great country. The OP will never admit that he subscribes to the theory.

The Igbos admire the man of energy, the gogetter and the qualities stressed in children’s upbringing are property, money,
honesty, and loyalty to kinsmen.

Calling folks flaties and the like does not change these facts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
JackBaueress1:
This is beremx. Oni so ku so!

Whatsup my dearest enchanter ...mmmmmwwahh!!

Everytime i blow you kiss nwafor blood begin to boil. grin
Re: A Correlation - This Is Why We Throng To Yorubaland For Our Bread & Butter by MayorofLagos(m): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
Omo!! This thread is gonna cause a lot of pains, weeping, gnashing of teeth and sleepless night, especially as it is coming from a credible source and straight from the mouth of an Israeli!!

#Popcorn: check!

#Zobo: check!!

#Power bank: check!!

Rubbing palms in ecstatic anticipation. grin

Abeg, make no Yoot quote me oo. Me go just be observer here.

Omenka, as far they are concerned that ECCIMA Chairman na Yorubaman.

If you comb through Iboland you will be shocked with the amount of underdevelopment in socioeconomic measures. We dont hear because Ibos do a good job hiding their shame. Its just now coming out in the age of instantaneous multimedia reporting....meanwhile socio economic challenges in Yorubaland has been exposed and been subject of public discourse for decades.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRC Boss Sack, Code Suspended To Please Osinbajo, RCCG — MSSN President / More Nigerians Troops To London To See Their Sick President (photos) / Jonathan Ran CBN Like Idi Amin - Soludo (2016 News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.