Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Sex After Birth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex After Birth (1840 Views)

Is It Possible For A Married Couple To Enjoy Sex After The Wife Has Had A Baby? / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex After Birth by lekansaka(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2016
pls after how many weeks can I start to have sex with my wife that just gave birth, I need experience respond pls.
Re: Sex After Birth by Young03(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2016
ayam not married
Re: Sex After Birth by yaqq: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2016
After 3 months minimum
Re: Sex After Birth by obongtunji: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2016
I think 40days is ideal if she the not go through CS

2 Likes

Re: Sex After Birth by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2016
some doctors will tell you after 6weeks,while others will tell you whenever the lochia has stopped and your wife feels comfortable with the idea. Personally,i havent waited till 6weeks before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex After Birth by robosky02(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2016
chinma414:
some doctors will tell you after 6weeks,while others will tell you whenever the lochia has stopped and your wife feels comfortable with the idea. Personally,i havent waited till 6weeks before.

this is certainly the truth

but it varies a bit with some ladies thou
Re: Sex After Birth by robosky02(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2016
Resuming your sex-life may take time – you may feel ready within weeks or you may not be ready for months. Every woman is different, so don't feel pressurised or worry that you're not normal.

This is a time of huge readjustment as you learn to live with, and tune into, your new baby’s needs so it's completely normal if sex isn’t high on your agenda. Exhaustion is common due to broken sleep and the increased demands on your time, which can have a huge impact on how “in the mood” you feel.

If you do feel ready, you don't have to wait until after your six-week check. It is advisable to wait until the post-birth bleeding has stopped (often between 10–14 days, but it can continue for several weeks). This is because your uterus is still healing and if you have sex before the bleeding has stopped there’s a possibility that you could introduce an infection.

How different births affect sex

The time taken to recover from labour and get back to having sex depends on the type of birth you had.

With stitches following a cut (episiotomy) or a tear you’ll feel sore. Stitches should dissolve after 10 days and by two weeks healing should be well underway, and the soreness should have reduced. If you do have stitches, you may want to try positions that limit penetration or reduce the pressure on the stitched area and remember to take it slowly and gently when you feel ready for sex.

If you had a natural birth, you may just feel tired and uncomfortable. With no tear or cut, healing will be swifter and you may feel ready for sex earlier, although if you feel bruised or have some grazing (which may sting) you may want to take it gently.

If you had a caesarean you may be worried about the scar but it should be well healed by the time your stitches come out. If it is still sensitive you may prefer to find positions that don't put pressure on the scar.

Tiredness, fear of pain, or other fears generally, such as any vaginal or scar tissue reopening, may all play a part in your readiness to resume sex. Talking to your partner may help, as worries around sex can delay arousal or sexual feelings. Spending time on pre-intimacy and not feeling that you have to proceed to penetrative sex may also help. Using lubrication during sex can be helpful too.

2 Likes

Re: Sex After Birth by lekansaka(m): 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
thanks thanks to all d response, let me try 40days.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped Ayobami Jaiyeola’s Family Has Been Contacted By Her Abductors. / 8 Causes Of Marriage Failure / My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation, Man Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.