Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" (8331 Views)

What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2016
Edybleketara:
Ur points would have made sense if there is actual proof dat ur God exist.

Unfortunately for you, your believe or unbelieve is irrelevant to me.
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2016
honourhim:

It seems you are not reading my posts well. Go through my responses to you again. This time read throughly.
This Is Another Faze I Wanna Know If I Got U Well
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
Lilbrown007:

This Is Another Faze I Wanna Know If I Got U Well

How do you mean? God gave u a mind and brain to reason and make choices and told you that your choice have consequences so what"s the control there? You control your choices but you don't control the consequences. That's why I said there is no absolute freedom anywhere in this world.
For example, you can choose to put your hand inside fire but you cant stop the fire from burning your hand. Cause and effect.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
honourhim:

How do you mean? God gave u a mind and brain to reason and make choices and told you that your choice have consequences so what"s the control there? You control your choices but you don't control the consequences. That's why I said there is no absolute freedom anywhere in this world.
For example, you can choose to put your hand inside fire but you cant stop the fire from burning your hand. Cause and effect.
Meaning My Life My Business??
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
honourhim:

But God hardened pharoah's heart, that means God controlled his will and the consequence he received. Right?

4 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by KingEbukaNaija: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
4kings:

But God hardened pharoah's heart, that means God controlled his will and the consequence he received. Right?

Pharaoh's punishment was going to come anyway so God indurating his heart did not change anything
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Pharaoh's punishment was going to come anyway so God indurating his heart did not change anything

Hmm,
So how do u explain Judas predestination. Mathew 26 and John 13

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
4kings:

. Pharoah and his people had been wicked slave masters to the children of Isreal for several years and then it was time for them to face the consequences of their evil act. It was a pay back time for them.

Hardening of Pharoah 's heart was part of the consequences he and his people had to face for their choice of being wicked slave masters to the children of Isreal over the years
So what happened here was not a case of God imposing a choice on pharoah rather its a case of God unleashing vegeance on wicked slave masters as a consequence of their evil act

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 9:57am On Jul 27, 2016
honourhim:

. Pharoah and his people had been wicked slave masters to the children of Isreal for several years and then it was time for them to face the consequences of their evil act. It was a pay back time for them.

Hardening of Pharoah 's heart was part of the consequences he and his people had to face for their choice of being wicked slave masters to the children of Isreal over the years
So what happened here was not a case of God imposing a choice on pharoah rather its a case of God unleashing vegeance on wicked slave masters as a consequence of their evil act

Nice reply.

So how do u explain Judas predestination plan.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by johnydon22(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2016
davien:
Hardmirror I tip my hat in respect for replying winner01 and kingebukasblog.

I do so mainly because those two have degraded into nothing but bloggers and "like" chasers on nairaland who keep proping up empty topics and liking each others filth even to the extent of creating extra accounts to do so.

Rather pet my dog than make a lengthy reply to either one.
Hahahahaha the religious board has been so degraded, there is no more sound arguments or debates being presented.

Just a clown party of throwing insults and memes everywhere and anywhere, i miss our own days when we had very good sound discussions here.

i can't bring myself low enough to engage in the childish clowning that has taken the field here.

There is a severe obsession with atheist/atheism lately, a presumably fight against atheism not knowing that it is more so a promotion of atheism than an attack - most Nigerians don't even know there is such a thing as atheism, so pushing a propaganda against atheism will only make it more popular.

I have once said "Atheism is sweeping through the world like a wild fire, it is futile to fight it. it will take the Gods if they be flying down to earth to stop it"

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Crazyfinedude: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha the religious board has been so degraded, there is no more sound arguments or debates being presented.

Just a clown party of throwing insults and memes everywhere and anywhere, i miss our own days when we had very good sound discussions here.

i can't bring myself low enough to engage in the childish clowning that has taken the field here.

There is a severe obsession with atheist/atheism lately, a presumably fight against atheism not knowing that it is more so a promotion of atheism than an attack - most Nigerians don't even know there is such a thing as atheism, so pushing a propaganda against atheism will only make it more popular.

I have once said "Atheism is sweeping through the world like a wild fire, it is futile to fight it. it will take the Gods if they be flying down to earth to stop it"

The atheists started this clowning and impious attacks against Christians . Winner01 and Kingebukasblog don't clown or attack atheists , no they don't , they simply expose the foolishness of atheism and are still doing so .

You guys are the ones that are pained over the success of their threads . Butt-hurt atheists are the ones complaining now . Its fun to see . I still haven't met any smart atheist on this forum , only bunch of below average individuals and scientist wannabes

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Crazyfinedude: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
johnydon22:

No , you are nowhere . Stop being deluded . Bring yourself down to the lowest level if that is what you mean.

Satan is popular for his evil , same with homosexuality that does not make everyone satanists or homosexuals or want to be either . Those guys have exposed the wickedness of atheism . Deal with it

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by winner01(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
johnydon22:

i miss our own days when we had very good sound discussions here.
Who is this one?
Which days? undecided Last year and the early parts of this year was your most active parade on this section? undecided

Same way you said you have matured to philisophical atheism.
Its took you just a year and half to realize that daft isnt working.

johnydon22:

i have once said "Atheism is sweeping through the world like a wild fire, it is futile to fight it.

Yeah right, it has been spreading like wild fire since the 15th century and has still been predicted by experts to fall over the next 15 years.

We will keep exposing the foolishness of atheism cos we now know the subtle plot on this section. Your strategic plea's wont change that.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by kevoh(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
davien:

Rather pet my dog than make a lengthy reply to either one.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by chubbyswit(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

The atheists started this clowning and impious attacks against Christians . Winner01 and Kingebukasblog don't clown or attack atheists , no they don't , they simply expose the foolishness of atheism and are still doing so .

You guys are the ones that are pained over the success of their threads . Butt-hurt atheists are the ones complaining now . Its fun to see . I still haven't met any smart atheist on this forum , only bunch of below average individuals and scientist wannabes
what a beautiful response lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
4kings:

Nice reply.

So how do u explain Judas predestination plan.

Its actually the betrayal of Jesus that was predestinated. The prophecy of the betrayal in the old testament did not mention anybody's name so it means that it could have been anybody. It must not be Judas but the betrayal was a must.

Judas failed Christ just as Peter did too but the difference between them was that Peter repented and came back to Christ while Judas repented and killed himself having felt ashamed to still be alive to face the one whom he had betrayed.
Christ would have accepted him too if he had come back to him. .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by reallest(f): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
johnydon22:

why do u always find my trouble?when will u continue ur thread "untold story of job"
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by johnydon22(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2016
reallest:

why do u always find my trouble?when will u continue ur thread "untold story of job"

I'm sorry oo my madam, i will continue oo. . . lol.
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by reallest(f): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
johnydon22:

I'm sorry oo my madam, i will continue oo. . . lol.

Better
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
honourhim:

Its actually the betrayal of Jesus that was predestinated.

Ya, just like the Antichrist, end time activity(people's action & reaction) and the Elect/chosen were predestined.

I hope u get the logic, I am driving at here.
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Edybleketara: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
honourhim:

Unfortunately for you, your believe or unbelieve is irrelevant to me.
d same way urs is irrelevant to me.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
Edybleketara:
d same way urs is irrelevant to me.

Cheap liar..
If my belief is irrelevant to you then you wouldn't have responded to a post I made to someone else in the first place..

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
4kings:

Ya, just like the Antichrist, end time activity(people's action & reaction) and the Elect/chosen were predestined.

I hope u get the logic, I am driving at here.

Yea I get your point bro.
Some events are predestined but not tagged with specific people. Anybody can be a victim to any of them that's why Jesus said we should pray thus - "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil"
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
honourhim:

Yea I get your point bro.
Some events are predestined but not tagged with specific people. Anybody can be a victim to any of them that's why Jesus said we should pray thus - "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil"
How can predestination be, without people being tagged?, for god sake Paul said he was chosen from his mother's womb, and remember Jeremiah.

If according to the Bible god wishes that all human should receive salvation, why didn't he predestine a phrophet or something to come and give salvation, rather the antichrist was spoken of to even reduce the chances of salvation?

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
4kings:

How can predestination be, without people being tagged?, for god sake Paul said he was chosen from his mother's womb, and remember Jeremiah.

Sorry you are talking about talents/gifts which is also referred to as our various callings. The scripture says that we have various gifts. Some are called to be apostles, some teachers, some prophets, some evangelists some pastors, some are talented in the area of music, some in the medical field, some in humanities and so on. Is this what you mean by predestination? And you forgot that even though all of us are blessed with various talents yet a good number of us end up in an area that is not our calling in life. Even in the parable of the talents that Jesus gave, the man with one talent didnt use his own. If talents/gifts are what you call predestination then people wouldnt be ending up outside their area of calling.

4kings:

If according to the Bible god wishes that all human should receive salvation, why didn't he predestine a phrophet or something to come and give salvation, rather the antichrist was spoken of to even reduce the chances of salvation?

John 3;16 says- for God so love the world that............that WHOSOEVER believeth in him.....`
The salvation call has always been for WHOSOEVER WILL...
Simply put- Salvation is available for all men but its only those who are willing that will reach out to get it.
I wouldnt know how you arrived at the statement you made. Kindly refer me to the biblical portion where it is written,
Thanks,
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 1:34am On Jul 30, 2016
honourhim:

Sorry you are talking about talents/gifts which is also referred to as our various callings. The scripture says that we have various gifts. Some are called to be apostles, some teachers, some prophets, some evangelists some pastors, some are talented in the area of music, some in the medical field, some in humanities and so on. Is this what you mean by predestination? And you forgot that even though all of us are blessed with various talents yet a good number of us end up in an area that is not our calling in life. Even in the parable of the talents that Jesus gave, the man with one talent didnt use his own. If talents/gifts are what you call predestination then people wouldnt be ending up outside their area of calling.

John 3;16 says- for God so love the world that............that WHOSOEVER believeth in him.....`
The salvation call has always been for WHOSOEVER WILL...
Simply put- Salvation is available for all men but its only those who are willing that will reach out to get it.
I wouldnt know how you arrived at the statement you made. Kindly refer me to the biblical portion where it is written,
Thanks,
I'm not talking about talents and gifts.(I know those stories)

I was talking about predestination of paul and jeremiah
Here are scriptural references pertaining paul and jeremiah:
Galatians 1 verse 15 & 16:
But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles,.....

Jeremiah 1 verse 5:
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 30, 2016
Arguing with a religious fellow is very tactical as it take patience dealing there ridiculous belief system they ve been convinced to be fruit before the age of reasoning

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2016
4kings:

I'm not talking about talents and gifts.(I know those stories)

I was talking about predestination of paul and jeremiah
Here are scriptural references pertaining paul and jeremiah:
Galatians 1 verse 15 & 16:
But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles,.....

Jeremiah 1 verse 5:
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Bro everyone is created for a purpose and that is what happened in the case of Jeremiah and Paul. We are all born with gifts and callings. Some people's calling are much bigger than the others as in the case of these two men.
The point I'm making is that not everyone fulfill their purpose in life. Some still make wrong choices. That you are born for a purpose does not mean you will be remote controlled to fulfill it. However,I still recognize the place of grace.
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by 4kings: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
honourhim:

Bro everyone is created for a purpose and that is what happened in the case of Jeremiah and Paul. We are all born with gifts and callings. Some people's calling are much bigger than the others as in the case of these two men.
The point I'm making is that not everyone fulfill their purpose in life. Some still make wrong choices. That you are born for a purpose does not mean you will be remote controlled to fulfill it. However,I still recognize the place of grace.
You are always talking about purpose. Do u expect me to believe that God created the thousands of poor kids in Mozambique, Eritrea ..., for a purpose?
You also want me to believe that your purposeful God spoke about the antichrist & co, and all what they shall do, and will still sit on his throne and expect anybody to assume those position at any time of this life, because there is bound to be bad decisions made?
But though I agree with u that your God created some people with higher purpose, therefore we can conclude that others were created with lesser/evil purposes. Right?

Please, I probably might not be getting your point of view, so please explain them by properly addressing the questions I raised(esp the first 2).

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by Maamin(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ayam loving this thread.. grin

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by lepasharon(f): 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

No , you are nowhere . Stop being deluded . Bring yourself down to the lowest level if that is what you mean.

Satan is popular for his evil , same with homosexuality that does not make everyone satanists or homosexuals or want to be either . Those guys have exposed the wickedness of atheism . Deal with it

KingEbukaNaija how many monikers do you have? undecided
Re: MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" by honourhim: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2016
4kings:

You are always talking about purpose. Do u expect me to believe that God created the thousands of poor kids in Mozambique, Eritrea ..., for a purpose?

I have told you that God created all of us for a purpose and thats why he gave us gifts/talents. We are supposed to fulfill that purpose by using our gifts to serve humanity to the glory of God who gave the gifts to us.
I also told you that its not everybody that makes use of their gift or fulfill their purpose in life. Some people end up not making use of their gift and fulfilling their purpose in life.
Now the poor children you are talking about in Mozambique and Eriteria. They all are also blessed with gifts/talents and its only left for them to make use of it and fulfill their various purposes in life.
The Nigeria/Biafra war devastated the south east and rendered millions of them poor, sick and homeless then. Today when you come to the south east you wont believe that there was war there and many of those people who were part of that war and suffered its horrible effects are now living a very comfortable life some are very rich because people made use of their gifts.
You can agree with me that even in Nigeria in general, a lot of comfortable men and rich men today came from a very poor background but are rich today because they made good use of their gifts. You will also agree with me that most of our music stars, movies stars and other people who have excelled in various fields of life today in Nigeria came from a very poor background but made good use of their gifts to excel. So when you are talking about poor children in Mozambique pls bear in mind that there are poor children in various parts of the world who have risen to become either comfortable or rich or super rich in this world.
Hope you remember where our discuss started. You were driving at predestination of people and i was trying to draw a separation line about it but it seems you are now driving to a different thing again. I believe both of us are having good discussion and learning from one another but if it starts tilting towards unnecessary argument i will withdraw. As long as you keep it cool and focused, i am enjoying our discussion.

4kings:

You also want me to believe that your purposeful God spoke about the antichrist & co, and all what they shall do, and will still sit on his throne and expect anybody to assume those position at any time of this life, because there is bound to be bad decisions made?

Just as God said that in the last days that many believers will fall from the faith, today its happening and thats why people like me are not surprised when i see how people depart from the faith.
God said that iniquity shall abound in the end time, today we can see tremendous spread of iniquity in the world so i have no doubt that this one you mentioned will happen too but pls note that there are anti christs in the world already. Atheists are one of them. What you are talking about is the beast and the mark of the beast event.

4kings:

But though I agree with u that your God created some people with higher purpose, therefore we can conclude that others were created with lesser/evil purposes. Right?

Nope. You are misrepresenting me here. I said some peoples purposes are higher. Simply means - Paul achieved higher than the other apostles. IF you come to the music industry, some musicians achieve higher than the others. But they are all gifted. Same goes for other professions. Thats what i mean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / Tithes In Redeemed Church, What Do U Think? / 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.