Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,255 members, 7,957,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian (34263 Views)

Opinions On Female Genital Mutilation? / How To Get Rid Of External Genital Warts In 3 Days / Female Genital Health And Hygiene: What Females Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by carinmom(f): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Gaskiya ne?

Yes i'm serious.

Oh i forgot to ask you about your exam? How many semesters do you have left?
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
carinmom:

Yes i'm serious.

Oh i forgot to ask you about your exam? How many semesters do you have left?

Alright......I'm done with my exams.....i have 2 more semesters left.

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by bareal(m): 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
GoldenEagle:
God have mercy shocked . So someone will have the mind to cut her fellow female's private. such a wicked and inhuman act. nonsense tradition abi na culture dem dey call am >:

Same person will have the mind to cut his fellow man's private and it's not wickedness.. .no wonder, even working alone on the street, gal don dey cum.

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
most of you shouting here,your mother's, grandmothers, great grandmothers were circumcised, I was circumcised, and I still experience orgasm sometimes, so what's all this fuss about?, infact, I can't remember it having affected your mothers and grand mothers

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by carinmom(f): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Well i'm happy for you and wish you all the best smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by satowind(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Men and women are not the same

Genesis 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. Genesis 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. Genesis 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Guy u funny u are arguing wit an atheist and u quoting bible nah waa 4 u oh
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by satowind(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
GoldenEagle:
God have mercy shocked . So someone will have the mind to cut her fellow female's private. such a wicked and inhuman act. nonsense tradition abi na culture dem dey call am >:
U funny wetin u tink happen to ur own? Abi u tink say nah so other people own dey?
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Memejem: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
Do you work in the healthcare profession? Because I do. FGM And male circumcision do not have the same dangers and risks for adverse reactions. In males it is a skin flap that is removed though painful because there are nerve endings there. Previously done in the past for religious and hygienic purposes.

I live in north America and the majority of health professionals do not support male circumcision unless it is done for a religious purpose as is outlined in the Bible, Koran and Torah. There is no passage that supports FGM that I know of and is very harmful to the female.

It's not the same procedure for both genders like you think. And most men become circumcised as infanys, though in south Africa it's a rite of passage that traditionally occurs at the onset of puberty.

In regards to your stance on tradition, once an act no longer serves the people or positively advances them it must be done away with. Traditions and cultures is cultivated by people and can be done away with as well.

I believe it should be the choice of the individual of they want to be circumcised. They should wait until the child is of age to decide, more specific to males.

hoodboy:
The double standard is appalling, if it's good for boys, then it's also good for girls... Personally I detest the way Americans criminalise the culture of female circumcision and in the same breathe argue in support of male circumcision. Makes no sense at all,

same way female circumcision can be dangerous is the same way male circumcision is also dangerous. I wish I can post some pictures on this thread and maybe we will all get enlightened

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Blitzeee(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
My assumption is that male circumcision does not have negative effect like that of the female, hence the need to discourage it
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Integrityfarms(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
satowind:

Guy u funny u are arguing wit an atheist and u quoting bible nah waa 4 u oh

Never knew bro!
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Sanchez01: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
Afrokan:
Why is it not okay to mutilate female children but its okay to mutilate male children? Let me guess, our ridiculous religions says its okay to mutilate male children.
Why the double standard?
Calm down, circumcision in males is solely by cutting off the foreskin, which often times tend to make the male Instruments like a horrible worm. If you've have ever seen an uncircumcised male, then you'd understand what I'm talking about. And unlike that of the males, which is often done to rid the foreskin, the sole purpose of circumsion in females is just to cut of the clitoris, which often stimulates women. Traditional belief is that a woman won't be promiscuous once she's circumsed. In reality, such a woman is dead to sex. Even when she gets turned on, sex with her is like mating with a corpse, because she doesn't feel a thing, no matter how hard you try.

Why the clit then?
The clitoris comes alive when a lady is turned on by accumulating blood at its tip. Such that once it is touched, she becomes super sensitive to the present atmosphere.

I'm no doctor, but I grew up in a home where my parents were never ashamed to talk about sex.

3 Likes

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by satowind(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Never knew bro!
De solution to dem is silence and believe wat u believe
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Sanchez01: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
2dugged:
most of you shouting here,your mother's, grandmothers, great grandmothers were circumcised, I was circumcised, and I still experience orgasm sometimes, so what's all this fuss about?, infact, I can't remember it having affected your mothers and grand mothers
Madam, truth be told, it's either yours wasn't done properly or that the person who did pitied you during the process. You said 'sometimes', and not always. Regardless, it is not to say that it is a good one. Beyond what the OP highlighted, the whole goal of female circumcision bothers around fidelity. And the question it leaves with those affected is;

1. How often do they crave sex?
2. How often do they derive pleasure/orgasm from it?
3. How long does it take to arrive at a single orgasm?
4. How responsive are they towards sex?
5. On a scale of 1-10, how would they rate their sex lives?

These are some of the very few questions that defines the aftermath of the horror called female circumcision.

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by holuwaxemixire: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
Its funny hw sm pple reason @ times;I took a course dts related wit FGM recently nd I learnt abt so many dangers attached wt dz act.I'ld implore many pple nt to compare or see both d male n female mutilation as same cos in most cases wen such ladies get married,sexual intercourse is mostly nt possible since d dick has very li2 or no openin to penetrate into;also child bearin bcms anoda problem;nt yt talkin abt d pains,complications attached to dz act. D male mutilation z mostly 2 d advantage(s) of d individual unlike dt in females.

2 Likes

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Afrokan(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sanchez01:

Calm down, circumcision in males is solely by cutting off the foreskin, which often times tend to make the male Instruments like a horrible worm. If you've have ever seen an uncircumcised male, then you'd understand what I'm talking about. And unlike that of the males, which is often done to rid the foreskin, the sole purpose of circumsion in females is just to cut of the clitoris, which often stimulates women. Traditional belief is that a woman won't be promiscuous once she's circumsed. In reality, such a woman is dead to sex. Even when she gets turned on, sex with her is like mating with a corpse, because she doesn't feel a thing, no matter how hard you try.

Why the clit then?
The clitoris comes alive when a lady is turned on by accumulating blood at its tip. Such that once it is touched, she becomes super sensitive to the present atmosphere.

I'm no doctor, but I grew up in a home where my parents were never ashamed to talk about sex.
The primary reason for both mutilation is to reduce sexual pleasure..... Both the mutilated male and female enjoy sex to a reduced degree compared to their unmutilated counterparts.
Do to religious backing for male mutilation is as become socialy okay but due to a lack of religious backing for female mutilation it became socially wrong.
N. B Male mutilation was a practice of the jews, that later got inculcated into Abrahamic religion (islam and christianity)
There is no medical backing whatsoever for Male circumcision, all that talk about a cleaner penis is just nonsense because the same can be said about growing a beard, you have to clean shocked

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sanchez01:

Madam, truth be told, it's either yours wasn't done properly or that the person who did pitied you during the process. You said 'sometimes', and not always. Regardless, it is not to say that it is a good one. Beyond what the OP highlighted, the whole goal of female circumcision bothers around fidelity. And the question it leaves with those affected is;

These are some of the very few questions that defines the aftermath of the horror called female circumcision.
to answer your questions

1)circumstances like stress, movies(sex scenes) and availability of a d!ck affect my urge for sex

2)some positions like riding ontop increases my chance of having an orgasm, so I know what works for me

3) it depends on factors like how horney I was before sex,,fore play and the the guy in question, because I never reached orgasm until I met my their boyfriend, let's just say he knew my soft spots

4)every woman has her soft spot, I know that even if I am not in the mood,my boyfriend always knew how to turn me on

5)I would rate mine 7

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Afrokan(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sanchez01:

Thats wrong, you miss the point about circumcision or about sexual intercourse.... The male and female circumcision is to reduce sexual pleasure not to remove totally
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

If you don't mind me asking what are you studying? You seem to be very knowledgeable
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
Contact17:

If you don't mind me asking what are you studying? You seem to be very knowledgeable

Pure and Applied Mathematics....... If you don't mind, how bout you?
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Pure and Applied Mathematics....... If you don't mind, how bout you?

I am studying nursing grin grin
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Contact17:

I am studying nursing grin grin

Lol....i thought as much grin
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2016

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by quivah(f): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
2dugged:
calm down! nobody here caused your woe... I Dont understand your grieve.
you can as well mutilate your daughters for all you care.
however, majority, I mean majority of people will forever frown at the act.. you just dropped very stupid premise, because our grandmothers went through it, make everyone undergo the same treatment? dear, you were just unfortunate.
how would you know it affected our grand mothers, are you an ancestor? abi our grand and great grand mothers' ghosts show for your dreams to narrate their ordeal to you..
you experience orgasm sometimes, probably a lie or you Dont know what orgasm is, but I wanna experience it most times... wink and will continue to frown at this act!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by issamyguy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
It's interesting that majority can't just sit back, check inbetween the lines and make sense from some piece of aryicle

While my submission is that ask ur self why named mutilation in d case of a female and not mutilation in d case of a male child. Meanwhile I want anyone to tell us here where either in d Bible or Quran where a text condems female circumcision. Also do u prefer dt our ladies become prostitutes n give birth to bastards than reduce their sexual urge if at least that's d reason female circumcision is legislated by culture. Let's check a publication in d US in 2013 where it was reported dt by d year 2050 there won't be a legitimate child dt all woman would have given birth to bastards due to high promiscuity. Circumcision is circumcision and nothing like mutilation.
Lastly let's be careful before destruction befalls us all later in future some beggars would emerge saying say no to *male genital mutilation * so everyman would be wt.......??
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Lol....i thought as much grin

I was going to ask why you thought nursing but I think I know why
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Contact17:

I was going to ask why you thought nursing but I think I know why

So what do you think is the reason?
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
All this misogynists screaming why females shouldn't be circumcised who is stopping you from doing it to your daughters?? undecided
If you like cut off everything,WE DONT CARE! tongue
Thank God it doesn't exist in my family grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by MrCEO69(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Afrokan:
Why is it not okay to mutilate female children but its okay to mutilate male children? Let me guess, our ridiculous religions says its okay to mutilate male children.
Why the double standard?

Guy, it been proven that male version has health benefits! But that of the female v non! Hope u know now and nothing abt religon here!

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
GoldenEagle:

Im sure you are a victim. Dont do that to your baby girl when you have one.....
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
oochi123:
Yeeee! De pain alone is something else..tnk God we dnt do it in my place...

If i hear. ....
Pictures or we dont bliv u
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
pepigeorge:

Hahahahaha......

Lets look at the moral side... that y our mothers were faithful. ...
things u hear this days from uncircumcised young ladies during sex is funny
harder, show me u are a man,I permit u to scatter my pvssy, he cannot satisfy me, he doesn't know how to hit my Gspot, Qspot and many rubbish. ...
They should keep doing it but with orthodox method

Funny

But man....those thingz are what drives me wild.
Ama scatter it....destroy it self.
It adds to the fun
Damn FGM
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Afrokan(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
MrCEO69:

Guy, it been proven that male version has health benefits! But that of the female v non! Hope u know now and nothing abt religon here!
There is no valid health benefit of sexuallymutilating a boy. Stop listening to your religious leaders and listen to actual health professionals.
The only health benefits of male circumcision is equal to the health benefits of not keeping a beard.
Whats wrong is wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.