Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed (33704 Views)

Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down / Grades For Sex: Nekede Polytechnic Student Begs Lecturer For Help / 7 Reasons Students Graduate With Poor Grades In The University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by pweetychyka(f): 7:40am On Jul 27, 2016
Thisnut:
start all over again. Contact me when you get the admission, I'll pay your first year tuition , but must be directly to the school and not through you

Choose a more easier discipline to study, it most not be the one with high talking point

Quite totful of u!

God bless the works of your hands!
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by whiteNgold: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

Thanks sir but I don't know where to draw motivation from again, just like I'm lost in my own world. And you talked about the God factor, I'm beginning to doubt that he cares or exists, do your best and leave the rest to God, they say. What of people that don't come to class, the ones that don't even grab the concept of a particular course, they make it and it's not pride but I know myself.

What if fate is trying to tell me something?

Writing exams without reading for hours was usually sufficient to an extent.

It hurts when people around you see you as intelligent and your world crashes when you can't show for it via exams.

I've never been tagged dull by anyone but that's what I see in myself with what has been happening.

I don't party, I have few friends, I'm usually on my own so I've got enough time for excellence but it's not working sir.
my dear,God exist and his not asleep either......hmmm,I understand how u feel.....my be ur doing somin wrong...... are u really close to God as much as u say,do u fellowship?....do u read the word every day ? And even have at least a small 10mins prayer every day.....tell me what exactly ur experiencing.... do u forget easily or what....what's the difficulty u really facin??
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Stark22: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2016
whiteNgold:
my dear,God exist and his not asleep either......hmmm,I understand how u feel.....my be ur doing somin wrong...... are u really close to God as much as u say,do u fellowship?....do u read the word every day ? And even have at least a small 10mins prayer every day.....tell me what exactly ur experiencing.... do u forget easily or what....what's the difficulty u really facin??
I stopped reading the Word few weeks back cos I feel it's not really working again.
Fellowship? , I don't really do fellowship.

Prayer? I stopped any form of serious prayers
My memory is quite okay, it's just that I'm not channeling it towards this course because of lack of interest.

Lack focus just made me stagnant.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by DanielGb(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2016
I need an honest answer.

1. What is your passion. that one thing you love.

It took me years to discover mine. and its my real passion cause I feel energy doing it.

2. What have you been focusing on from 100 to 300L. be honest here.

answer this questions.

I have a good solution for you.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by whiteNgold: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

I stopped reading the Word few weeks back cos I feel it's not really working again.
Fellowship? , I don't really do fellowship.

Prayer? I stopped any form of serious prayers
My memory is quite okay, it's just that I'm not channeling it towards this course because of lack of interest.

Lack focus just made me stagnant.

U should get back to reading the word....and praying too....now ur the indoor type....trust me .
.that doesn't help
..go out,relate with top graders in your department... their passion might ignite urs....am sure if u ask them ,some too may be lyk u....they found their self in that course but they are still doing great......its all about ur mind set... that's why ah say ....love ur course... make it yah gf
..lolz....go to fellowships bro.....ur sounding lyk a Christian born into a Christian home...and u feel all ur parents ave tot u is enough for yah.....study ,fellowship with others..ur course can't be dah bad...what course are u studying and what did u want to study at 1st
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Stark22: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2016
DanielGb:
I need an honest answer.

1. What is your passion. that one thing you love.

It took me years to discover mine. and its my real passion cause I feel energy doing it.

2. What have you been focusing on from 100 to 300L. be honest here.

answer this questions.

I have a good solution for you.
Computer science or anything related to them
Then, I could stay around them for long hours.

Your second question,
The computer stuff has always been there and I felt that my current course was making me drift away from it and it got to me.
Even my friend usually asked what I was doing in engineering when I should be in computer science and it hurt at some point.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Stark22: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2016
whiteNgold:

U should get back to reading the word....and praying too....now ur the indoor type....trust me .
.that doesn't help
..go out,relate with top graders in your department... their passion might ignite urs....am sure if u ask them ,some too may be lyk u....they found their self in that course but they are still doing great......its all about ur mind set... that's why ah say ....love ur course... make it yah gf
..lolz....go to fellowships bro.....ur sounding lyk a Christian born into a Christian home...and u feel all ur parents ave tot u is enough for yah.....study ,fellowship with others..ur course can't be dah bad...what course are u studying and what did u want to study at 1st
Chemical engineering
Passion-Computer science
Labour market- I thought about pharmacy though
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Stark22: 10:01am On Jul 27, 2016
whiteNgold:
I'm no longer close to God cos I'm thinking like an unbeliever these days. Like I said earlier, reading atheist threads drifts me further away but there's this conscience that keeps bugging me about God's existence.

I've got a lot of things to say about faith in God but I don't want to go off point concerning my plight.

Well, I'd say it's lack of focus which makes me to have no interest in studying my courses.

What's a career without passion?
Some people studying medicine don't really have the passion for it
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by darkhorizon: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2016
timidapsin:
What the F. is grade... a real Man will never be affected by his grades...
Exams only reward people for what they remember,
Life rewards people for there imaginations and hardwork..

Bro don't mind those saying you should start again... Finish the sh!t and start working hard... start your own biz... and employ those graduates that claim they have good grade...
@ ur last pic,stop spreading this hoax. Exams has been ever since,even before his forefathers were born. China used to conduct national exams for all its citizens(male) as far back as more than a thousand years ago...and that guy up there was born 1922.

1 Like

Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by whiteNgold: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

Chemical engineering
Passion-Computer science
hmmmmm....woow,and they arint related at all....

anyways ,do u know yah course is a wonderful course? a lot will wish they study ur course ...and honestly there's noting special about computer science, u can take up a few professional courses in about computer.... get the computer science students scheme of work and go through it,am sure u will fyd a few professional courses that are also in line with what u would ave learnt as a computer scientist ....u can also take and online course if u have a system..reg with an abroad skulls dat offer online education..... but still try ur best to get a gud certificate ... really a lot of people are saying forget skull n start a job.....starting a job ain't the probs ....its how to get the capital... if ur parents are well to do,after ur professional courses start something u love doing ....
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by whiteNgold: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

I'm no longer close to God cos I'm thinking like an unbeliever these days. Like I said earlier, reading atheist threads drifts me further away but there's this conscience that keeps bugging me about God's existence.

I've got a lot of things to say about faith in God but I don't want to go off point concerning my plight.

Well, I'd say it's lack of focus which makes me to have no interest in studying my courses.

What's a career without passion?
Some people studying medicine don't really have the passion for it
The worst thing to happen to a believer is to give up at the finish line.....that's why fellowship is important..... by the time u here testimonies... it would uplift ur spirit.... things are happening bro and God is indeed Good...don't be discouraged, have faith...

love brings about passion, and everything is lovable depending on u ...ur mind set, tink about the Gud part of the course ...the knowledge u actually are gaining and how its improved u...tink about what u can become...
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by DanielGb(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

Computer science or anything related to them
Then, I could stay around them for long hours.

Your second question,
The computer stuff has always been there and I felt that my current course was making me drift away from it and it got to me.
Even my friend usually asked what I was doing in engineering when I should be in computer science and it hurt at some point.

It is only you that truly know how you get to that G.P.A

You need to de-programm. Studying Chemical Engineering does not mean you will become something in that line and you may be.

But think outside the box for once.
Its this the end.
You are born a warrior. Every Human is a born warrior. why will God give up on any human. He is the God of possibility.

Its not that if you fight now, you will make first class. No. But if you fight now, you will be surprise what that little effort will be.

Don't give up.
You have to accept were you are and set a goal of were you want to be.

Trust God.
Forget Friends. They can only do little.

Ask your Parents to pray for you. They are the Gods you have on earth.

Then Thirdly,
Work! Work! Work!

This is what you need till you finish in that school. Not frivolities.

Don't quit. if you do, you are a failure.

YOUR PASSION:
Computer science is broad. You need to dig deep on what side of it you love.

Secondly, think of how you can profit from this passion of yours. Think Entrepreneurship.

Lastly, for now work on your passion when you are on holidays. when Semester resume, take Chem. Engr. as the passion. Take it as a war you have to win. Set standard.

after you graduate, go back to your passion. seek a professional course in that area. or you can still enrol for D.E for the course. You will have two bsc. to your advantage.

THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO

DON'T GIVE UP.
IF YOU DO, you are a failure.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Stark22: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
DanielGb:

It is only you that truly know how you get to that G.P.A

You need to de-programm. Studying Chemical Engineering does not mean you will become something in that line and you may be.

But think outside the box for once.
Its this the end.
You are born a warrior. Every Human is a born warrior. why will God give up on any human. He is the God of possibility.

Its not that if you fight now, you will make first class. No. But if you fight now, you will be surprise what that little effort will be.

Don't give up.
You have to accept were you are and set a goal of were you want to be.

Trust God.
Forget Friends. They can only do little.

Ask your Parents to pray for you. They are the Gods you have on earth.

Then Thirdly,
Work! Work! Work!

This is what you need till you finish in that school. Not frivolities.

Don't quit. if you do, you are a failure.

YOUR PASSION:
Computer science is broad. You need to dig deep on what side of it you love.

Secondly, think of how you can profit from this passion of yours. Think Entrepreneurship.

Lastly, for now work on your passion when you are on holidays. when Semester resume, take Chem. Engr. as the passion. Take it as a war you have to win. Set standard.

after you graduate, go back to your passion. seek a professional course in that area. or you can still enrol for D.E for the course. You will have two bsc. to your advantage.

THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO

DON'T GIVE UP.
IF YOU DO, you are a failure.
Thanks
Exams is close though
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by counsellor1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Which course are we talking about and what do you think is responsible for your lack of interest?
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by youngice(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

Lol, lack of focus is what you should say
I meant what I said
It's not a lack of focus
Nigerian exams extinguish creativity
La cram la pour
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamlucky(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
Stark22:

Chemical engineering
Passion-Computer science

I think you lack direction, enthusiasm and commitment. Am a 500 level Chemical engineering student. The poorest g.p i ever had was a 4.39 in my 200 level. I have a passion for a carrier in computer. I self thought myself web designing (HTML and CSS). i am currently learning PHP with a dream of designing my own website soonest. I even have friend in 500 level Petroleum engineering who programmes with Java and yet he is a 2.1 student.
What am trying to say here is that your course of study in school cannot stop you from developing a carrier in computer science. Go to programming section of nairaland, most of the programmers and software developers there did not study computer science.
You should change your orientation about your present course. Be optimistic, create a time for developing a carrier in any area of computer that interests you and be committed to it. Try to balance it up and do your best to at least improve on your grades. Also remember the God factor, you need Him.
I choose programming, sometimes i feel like giving up cause its not easy for me to be teaching myself programming, but i always remind myself of one thing "there is no need to look back when you have alot to look forward to".
I pray God helps you out of this.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Stark22: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
iamlucky:

I think you lack direction, enthusiasm and commitment. Am a 500 level Chemical engineering student. The poorest g.p i ever had was a 4.39 in my 200 level. I have a passion for a carrier in computer. I self thought myself web designing (HTML and CSS). i am currently learning PHP with a dream of designing my own website soonest. I even have friend in 500 level Petroleum engineering who programmes with Java and yet he is a 2.1 student.
What am trying to say here is that your course of study in school cannot stop you from developing a carrier in computer science. Go to programming section of nairaland, most of the programmers and software developers there did not study computer science.
You should change your orientation about your present course. Be optimistic, create a time for developing a carrier in any area of computer that interests you and be committed to it. Try to balance it up and do your best to at least improve on your grades. Also remember the God factor, you need Him.
I choose programming, sometimes i feel like giving up cause its not easy for me to be teaching myself programming, but i always remind myself of one thing "there is no need to look back when you have alot to look forward to".
Good evening,
Direction,commitment and enthusiasm?

Hmmmmm...Well I've never really been interested in hitting it high, average is what I always envisaged.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by whiteNgold: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
iamlucky:

nice to know yah....hope ah can pm.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by jsb(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Better try www.growingcircle.com...
Oceanflow12@gmail.com for details
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by DanielGb(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
Stark22:
Thanks Exams is close though
Get ready for War. Load the Gun. and get ready to shoot.

Goodluck.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by Doyin400l(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
It is well bro.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by vickifeanyi47(m): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Complete your degree, go for additional cert in professional courses of your choice to back up your degree. you can also learn a skill it will also give you an edge..Entrepreneurship is the way forward in this harsh economic situation..my little advice
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamlucky(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
whiteNgold:
nice to know yah....hope ah can pm.

You're always welcomed
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamlucky(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Stark22:

Good evening,

Hmmmmm...Well I've never really been interested in hitting it high, average is what I always envisaged.

You need to always aim for the best. My lecturer once said that if you aim for a first class, either you're able to overcome all the challenges and get the first class or you fall to a 2.1. If your aim is a 2.1., you either overcome all the challenges and get your 2.1., or you fall to a 2.2.

You said your aim is always average (i.e. 2.2.) tell me, where do you think you suppose to fall to when you are unable to overcome the challenges that an average performance throws at you?

This i think is the root of your problem.
Stark22:

Good evening,

You need to always aim for the best. My lecturer once said that if you aim for a first class, either you're able to overcome all the challenges and get the first class or you fall to a 2.1. If your aim is a 2.1., you either overcome all the challenges and get your 2.1., or you fall to a 2.2.

You said your aim is always average (i.e. 2.2.) tell me, where do you think you suppose to fall to when you are unable to overcome the challenges that an average performance throws at you?

This i think is the root of your problem.
Stark22:

Good evening,

My lecturer once said that if you aim for a first class, either you're able to overcome all the challenges and get the first class or you fall to a 2.1. If your aim is a 2.1., you either overcome all the challenges and get your 2.1., or you fall to a 2.2.

This i think is the root of your problem. You need to as a matter of urgency change this lackadaisical altitude towards your studies! You need to aim higher!
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by whiteNgold: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
iamlucky:

You're always welcomed
owkk...no probs.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamdurent(m): 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
eph12:

The pressure will come but it's your life not theirs to live. Graduating with a 3rd class and not having a backup plan will give you hypertension o. Unless you will go for post degree. But since you say you don't have any interest in this course I doubt you will be successful in the post degree too.
1000 likes
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamdurent(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2017
360command:
my guy, it is not the end of the world. No b everybody wey finish no watin dem write for school.. I advice you to just graduate with anything. A graduate is a graduate.. You never can tell how life wan take change for you. If you see connections and dem talk say dem need degree, u go kno say u fit provide that one.. Just graduate and focus on your next step.. If na abroad oo, hustle oo, work oo... Just finish first.
most senseless post ever
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by 360command: 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2017
iamdurent:
most senseless post ever
Mr sensible , give me your best advice. In my company, there is a 3rd class lady who got the job, withing her 2years at work, she has been promoted twice. the guy who got a 1st class has been in the same level for long. it is not by what you graduate with, we just use that to minimize the no of applicants seeking for a particular position.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamdurent(m): 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
360command:
Mr sensible , give me your best advice. In my company, there is a 3rd class lady who got the job, withing her 2years at work, she has been promoted twice. the guy who got a 1st class has been in the same level for long. it is not by what you graduate with, we just use that to minimize the no of applicants seeking for a particular position.
how can u tell someone to graduate with "anything"

P.O.C: A graduate is not a graduate mehn. They have different levels, some went there to waste time.

Graduating with a first class doesnt guarantee success in life also graduating with 3rd class or 2.2 doesn't mean failure. But then again, its better to graduate with a good grade to be on the safer side.

OP pls start again if you can.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by 360command: 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
iamdurent:
how can u tell someone to graduate with "anything"

P.O.C: A graduate is not a graduate mehn. They have different levels, some went there to waste time.

Graduating with a first class doesnt guarantee success in life also graduating with 3rd class or 2.2 doesn't mean failure. But then again, its better to graduate with a good grade to be on the safer side.

OP pls start again if you can.
I am glad you know. so please let's end it.
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by iamdurent(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
360command:
I am glad you know. so please let's end it.
ok sir
Re: I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed by femijon: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2017
THOUSANDS OF PROJECT MATERIALS FOR FREE DOWNLOAD

looking For Project materials to finish that project of yours

Visit:http://www.streaminet.com/research/

we have research papers free for download...we are research material aggregator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newly Restored Maritime Academy Of Nigeria. / Maritime Institution (cis) You Dnt Need Jamb / Floating School, Makoko, Lagos, Collapses After Heavy & Torrential Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.