Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out (15091 Views)

Eugene Anenih: 7 Things You Need To Know About Late Son Of PDP Chieftain / Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Fulani Herdsmen Have Invaded Our Farmlands For 5 Days, Abia Monarch Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by Elose11(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
JIGHU:
ONOJIE OF OPOJI DOES NOT EVEN COMMAND RESPECT IN THE VILLAGE TALKLESS OF ENTIRE ESAN LAND, I AM FROM AGUA AND I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT, OPOJI WILL VOTE PDP AND THIS JUDAS WHO COLLECTED MONEY FROM OSHIOMOLE WILL ONLY DECEIVE OSHIO
Obhiaba, no mind the buffoon! Every right thinking Esan man must not vote or campaign for Oshomhole third term.
Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by rrikado(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
PDP nd their idiotic fans should keeping on dreaming to win Edo.it will never happen.mark my word they ve failed
Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by cyrilamx(m): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
The esan re to edo State what the igbos are to Nigeria. They are both united in one thing: cry of marginalisation even when they have held noble positions in successive governments at the federal and State levels. The hatred the Esan man has for the binis even when they share great similarities with the binis in traditional greetings, names etc is unparallel in history. Their love for the PDP is liken to the igbos love for PDP..they cant read the hands writing on the wall that your own senatorial zone alone can't win gubernatorial election when you openly display hatred for other zones like Anenih is doing by asking Esanland to vote only PDP. Should PDP lose the September 10 election and APC emerge victorious, esan will start shouting marginalisation after shooting their legs on their feet like the people across the Niger in the last general elections. Why not have both options so that any party that win, esan people won't be left out.
The op goofed when he said 'Edo monarch'. I dont know the Kind of School people attend this days. A monarch is a King or Queen ruling a country or Empire as defined by the Oxford Advance Learner's Dictionary, 6th Edition. And in Edo state, we have only one Monarch, the Oba of Benin. It is tantamount to royal treason to refer to other royal fathers in Edo state as Monarch. They are Dukes because their royal right subsist from the Oba of Benin who has suzarainty over them. So esanland has no monarch in the narrow sense of the meaning of the word, rather they have Enijies meaning Dukes corrupted form of Enigies(edo Word for dukes).
Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by Elose11(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
cyrilamx:
The esan re to edo State what the igbos are to Nigeria. They are both united in one thing: cry of marginalisation even when they have held noble positions in successive governments at the federal and State levels. The hatred the Esan man has for the binis even when they share great similarities with the binis in traditional greetings, names etc is unparallel in history. Their love for the PDP is liken to the igbos love for PDP..they cant read the hands writing on the wall that your Own senatorial Zone alone cant Win gobernorship election when you openly Display hatred for other zones like Anenih is doing by asking Esanland to vote PDP. Should PDP lose the September 10 election and APC emerge victorious, esan will start shouting marginalisation afternoon shooting their legs on their feet like the people across the Niger in the last general Elektrons. Why not have both options so that any party that wirst, esan people wont be left out.
The op goofed when he said 'Edo monarch'. I dont know the Kind of School people attend this days. [b]A monarch is a King or Queen ruling a country or Empire as defined by the Oxford Advance Learner's Dictionary, 6th Edition. And in Edo state, we have only one Monarch, the Oba of Benin. It is tantamount to royal treason to refer to other romance fathers in Edo state as Monarch. They are Dukes because their royal right subsist from the Oba of Benin who has suzarainty over them. So esanland has no monarch in the narrow sense of the meaning of the word, rather they have Enijies meaning Dukes co[/b]rrupted form of Enigies(edo Word for dukes).
Though your long epistle does not deserve a reply by us, I could not help but reply on the bolded. You were making sense on the op's use of the word monarch, until you derailed by ascribing the word to the Oba. The dictionary definition you quote does not apply to the Oba too. He is not ruling any country in the modern sense of the word. The Enigies and the Oba are all traditional rulers. None is subservient to the other. The Benin empire had since been confined to the dustbin of history.
And mind you, the Esans do not hate the Benins. Remember, Esan i gbedo! The Benins only have this pathological fears of the Esans. We have huge respect for the Benins. Example kolanuts can not be broken by an Esan man in a gathering if a Benin man is there.
The earlier the Benin man sees the Esans as partners in the greater Edo future, the better for everybody. The Esans deserves some respect too.

2 Likes

Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by july66: 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
zukky79:
*I won't kill anybody at 83, Anenih tells Onojie of Opoji

BENIN—THE Onojie of Opoji and Vice Chairman, Edo State Council of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs, HRH Ehidiamen Aidonojie I, yesterday, raised alarm, that he was being threatened by the former chairman, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih.

The royal father said that his lawyers were already preparing a petition to be submitted to the Inspector General of Police and the state Police Commissioner Chris Ezike, on the issue, adding that it was “because I told the world that Esan Royal fathers never endorsed Ize-Iyamu.”

But reacting, Chief Anenih, took a swipe at the Onojie of Opoji, Ehidiamen Aidonojie I, saying that he has never killed anyone in his life time even when he was a young person, let alone now that he is 83.

Speaking to Vanguard on phone, Chief Anenih, said “Onojie of Opoji was one of the traditional rulers who received our candidate and the PDP's governorship candidate for the September election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu. I know him very well. I never killed somebody in my life even as a Police Constable. Is it now that I will be 83 that I will kill somebody? I will not kill anybody in my life. I am a peaceful man. I will not kill an ordinary man, a big man, a traditional ruler or anybody. I will not even contemplate killing the Onojie of Opoji, why will I do that?”

The Royal father, had alleged “He (Anenih) called me shouting at me ‘Your Highness, I am disappointed in you.’ I asked him what I had done, he kept shouting 'what has Oshiomhole (governor) done' for me in my life and I told him to stop insulting me even if he is Anenih, that I am a traditional ruler for Christ sake.

“He said that was why he was not happy that I attended the function at the Onojie of Uromi’s palace. He went on to say that he thought we had settled, he said he thought we had settled our problem. But I told him that what we agreed was that he should make an Esan man governor but he never did it.

“Rather what he brought to Esan people now was deputy governor and he still kept it in Uromi. And that was the same thing we have been complaining, all the ministers have come from his place in Uromi and in every election, he will ask Esan people to vote PDP. I asked why did he not move the deputy governorship to another community in Esanland, must it be Uromi?

“He said I should be careful and he was warning me. First of all, it is an abomination to insult a Royal father like me. I have briefed my lawyers and we are petitioning the IG of Police. I have already informed the state Commissioner of Police and the DSS. Why must Esan people vote PDP when in Esan, most of us have been marginalised while Uromi remains the Israel," he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/anenih-threatening-life-edo-monarch-cries/

This trad ruler has already taking side & that's one of the reasons why their honour has bn degraded. He comes out openly to say a party cannot be voted for & he says it is an abomination to insult a trad ruler. He has already created an avenue for insult by being openly partisan. In fact he didn't insult you well.
Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by okudili4live: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
Elose11:
Your royal mightiness, if you have benefitted from Oshomhole govt, my Esan has not. The road from Irrua to Opoji and from Ekpoma to Opoji has remained in its deplorable state in all the 8 years of Oshomhole tenure despite your fanatical support. Francis Inegbeniki has blinded you with his money. Despite you and inegbeniki clamour for Esan deputy in APC, Oshomhole spurned you and instead picked his brother. At least Aneni and PDP picked an Esan man as a deputy.
If Aneni could even kill your like, we will be very glad. You are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the good people of Opoji land. Mind you I am an Iki - Opoji man. Therefore I am an interested party.

The bad roads you mentioned are federal roads and is supposed to be worked on by the minister of works who is a great son of ishan Land and endorsed by Anini. PDP has already lost the polls but is good to try.
Re: Anenih Threatening My Life - Ehidiamen Aidonojie, Edo Monarch Cries Out by Elose11(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
okudili4live:

The bad roads you mentioned are federal roads and is supposed to be worked on by the minister of works who is a great son of ishan Land and endorsed by Anini. PDP has already lost the polls but is good to try.
Do you know these roads. These are roads that links the local government headquarters to opoji town. They are states road my friend. Stop defending the undefendable!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno Cancels Holiday To Mark Sambisa’s Fall / I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo / IGP Egbetokun Withdraws Policemen From Kano Agency For Investigating Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.