Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election (763 Views)

Obaseki & Oshiomhole Jubilate As Tribunal Dismisses Ize Iyamu's Application(pics / Appeal Court Upholds Dickson’s Election As Bayelsa governor / Kogi Tribunal Dismisses Faleke’s Petition Against Yahaya Bello’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by odiks: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
The Bayelsa State Governorship Electoral Petitions Tribunal on Tuesday dismissed the petition filed by the All Progressives Congress and its candidate in the last governorship election in the state, Timipre Sylva, challenging the victory of the incumbent Governor of the state, Seriake Dickson.

The three-man panel of the tribunal led by Justice Kazeem Alogba, in dismissing the petition, held that Sylva and its party failed to prove their case with credible evidence.

It held that criminal allegations of various electoral offences which the petitioners stated affected the outcome of the election were not proved beyond reasonable doubt.
It held that the petition was not backed by proof and required standard.

Sylva and the APC had on January 30, 2016 filed their petition challenging the Independent National Electoral Commission’s declaration of Dickson and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party as the winner of the governorship election with the supplementary ones held on December 5, 2015 and January 9, 2016.

The election in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area and some other parts of was initially rescheduled to take place on December 6, 2015, but was cancelled after it was marred at the early stage by widespread violence.

The petitioner had alleged that the election was marred by malpractices, intimidation of voters, hijacking of electoral materials, no-voting and non-collation of results in substantial parts of Sagbama, Yenogoa, Nembe, Ogbia,and Ekeremor Local Government Areas.

The petitioners also contented that the INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state lacked the power to unilaterally cancel the supplementary election scheduled in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area for December 6, 2015 and rescheduled it to January 9, 2016.

But the tribunal in its judgment held that the INEC was right and had the power to have cancelled the supplementary election said to have held on December 6, 2015.

It held that contrary to the petitioners’ contention, the decision to cancel the December 6, 2015 poll was not unilaterally taken by the REC, but was a decision taken by INEC and “merely announced by the REC”.

It held that there was evidence that the earlier supplementary election scheduled to hold on December 6, 2015, was marred by widespread violence, malpractices and irregularities.

http://punchng.com/tribunal-dismisses-sylvas-petition-dicksons-election/
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by OKKO(m): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sharply,
How can you win only 1 out of 8 LGA and want to be declared winner.
How can you pin down Southern Ijaw LG and return over 70,000 votes for yourself alone when the actual no of ppl that has PVC is less than 60,000 yet U were beckoning the SFG to prevail on INEC to collate it and declare U winner while the incumbent should go to court.

Finally someone should tell Sylva that the era he took 100bn bond, share to Ashawo's and used the rest to sniff cocaine while flying round Yenagoa in a chopper has passed.

Patron of cultists...U for follow your guy Amechi, galivanting around with PMB now but drug no gree U. You sold ur ministerial position to Heiniken.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by DropShot: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sylva and APC should forget about the last election in Rivers. By 2019 when Wike must have plunged the state into unimaginable debts despite its huge allocations, their eyes go clear that time.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by gurunlocker: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:
Sylva and APC should forget about the last election in Rivers. By 2019 when Wike must have plunged the state into unimaginable debts despite its huge allocations, their eyes go clear that time.

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by gurunlocker: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:

This is what happens when a certified zombie read Topic without reading main article.... wetin concern Sylva with Rivers? Rivers and Bayelsa na the same?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by Firefire(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:

Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked

Hatred in the blood.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by ambrosini593(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Bayelsa is a no go area
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by OKKO(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:

Public display of crass ignorance, stupidity and zombieism. E pain him...APC social media analyst.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by mazichika: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Silver just dey waste money for nothing.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by Yourskills(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
ok...

Do you need 10,000+ active Emails, 100,000+ active numbers (Glo, Mtn, etisalat,
airtel, Bulk mail, Bulk sms, 1million+ facebook page, 5million youtube views,
1,000 Ebook Sales Daily , 10.000+ blog traffic daily, Forum like nairaland,
E-Commerce like Jumia, Branded Mobile Apps...etc contact me.....check my signature...
......................Stop struggling for traffic.......
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by franchizy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
I condemn this judgement, i condemnit, i condemn it.

This is a day light robbery and a shame on our judiciary.

I call on the NJC to probe and investigate the judges.

This is not the change we voted for. this is a miscarriage of justices.

I reject this judgement and i call on all Nigerian youths to rise up to their voices and reject the judgement.

Nigeria i give up.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by PhockPhockMan: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:
b] Sylva and APC should forget about the last election in Rivers. By 2019 when Wike must have plunged the state into unimaginable debts despite its huge allocations, their eyes go clear that time.

ZOMBIE.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by herzern(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by Houseofglam7(f): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
PDP- Change the change
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by ambrosini593(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
franchizy:
I condemn this judgement, i condemnit, i condemn it.

This is a day light robbery and a shame on our judiciary.

I call on the NJC to probe and investigate the judges.

This is not the change we voted for. this is a miscarriage of justices.

I reject this judgement and i call on all Nigerian youths to rise up to their voices and reject the judgement.

Nigeria i give up.
Oga, Dickson clearly won that election. majority of Bayelsians and non indigenes voted for Dickson. please stop this your wayo cry
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 27, 2016
Silver should let it go abeg

As much it I despise that man he actually won the elections, right now Bayelsan's are regretting bitterly! Dickson is mistake! A curse! Tufiakwa!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What Shehu Sani Gave Most Active Security Man At Usman Danfodiyo University / PHOTOS: Buhari Inaugurates Committee To Implement UN Report On Ogoniland / Sad News! Ex-plateau Gov’s Adc & Four Children Die In House Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.