Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (26149 Views)

Requirements For Installing Windows 10 Or Windows 8 Operating Sysem / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / I Can't Change My Screen Resolution After Installing Windows 8.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Ifebazz(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
ITbomb:
6. AutoCAD or some other programs cannot install

Solution:

Download .Net (dot NET) 2.5 – 3.5 Framework and install on your system.

To check which version of .NET Framework is in your PC (probably only 4.5), enter from the RUN box again (Win+R) and type regedit (MAKE SURE you do not change anything here, just look and close)

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > .NETFramwork
A good system should have versions 2, 3 and 4 installed and listed

7. Consuming too much data

Unlike Windows 8, you can control your data consumption easily in Windows 10 (especially WiFi connections).

Just connect the WiFi first, then go to PC Settings > Network > WiFi, then select Advance Options, under your connected WiFi name, you will see “Set as metered connection”, just slide it “ON” and all Windows Updates and Map downloads will be stopped “forever” as long as you don’t change the name of the WiFi hotspot connection.

Nice. I have issues with FIFA 14 since I installed Windows 10, it fails to recognize the proper keypad buttons. I should try the Directx 9 ish or do you reckon its something else the matter?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by AmuEwu: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
ITbomb:
4. Games not playing

Most games were built for backward compatibility; however, most Windows 10 only came with DirectX 12c graphic engines.

Solution:

Download DirectX 9 (standalone version) from Microsoft or any other reliable site and install. (You may google “directx 9 offline installer” or “directx_Jun2010_redist.exe”), your GTA, PES etc games will play smoothly.

5. Printer not recognized

Get your printer driver from the “carry-come” boxed CD and run the installation again.
Op the problem I had was games being to slow or telling me that my PC did not match game specs ( these are games I've been playing for months ). So will this solve it now.

I had to revert to windows 8, but will this make it work if I install windows 10 again ?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by gulfer: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
You are the bomb, ITBomb grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Trojan2010: 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Windows 10 is cool
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by styless(f): 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Windows 10 my foot! Just for cortana? I get doll baby for house. 8.1 rocks!
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Sesandennis: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
No OS like Macintosh joooo. window has failed
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by mykeaji(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Princetolu94:
Window 10 sucks. I Upgraded to window 10 twice n downgrade back to 8.1. After upgrading, Bluetooth won't work, SD card port not working, battery draining very fast, unable to increase or reduce screen brightness. F**k window 10
it's one serious issue I tell u. I had to start using glasses after 2 days cos of the brightness. I Upgraded and my screen brightness was so annoying. Bluetooth still not working. I use AMD so I downloaded AMD drives and control center. It solved the problem. Still looking for how to restore my Bluetooth.

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by illusionsbyafo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Can someone please shut the crap about this windows 10 bla bla bla...It has literally killed my system....it will frustrate theiving day light out of you..i started using the first versions of win10 since last year.I pre registered for it...At first, it was running smootly but then..i started having issues...right now...i cant even use my external mouse as it doesnt recognise any usb adapter i put in it....my laptop mouse just stopped working.....i have tried to reinstall it several times and it keeps giving me an issue or the other...
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Braidsden:
God. All this is like computer science course to me o.....just cus I wanna upgrade to windows10?!
This info you get for free is the Only stuff the computer engineer needs to know when you pay him 5k to fix your laptop. Knowledge is power
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by MizMyColi(f): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
Please Help.

My windows start menu, cortana, volume, edge and most microsoft applications no longer open.

What do I do please cry
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
pragmatistm:
Great write-up. lalasticlala come and see this.
what writeup? This copy an paste?

Download win10 pro. All them test versons had issues. update n instal. After check for updates. If you hang, troubleshoot and restart. Sheikina!
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by vidadida: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
I can not click the search bar at the lower left corner, some apps that are pinned to the task bar do not open either.... what do I do?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by babtundey01: 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Have you thought about the .Net framwork download issue on WIN10, i believe this is the major issue with it

Remedy

To install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10, do the following:

Insert your Windows 10 DVD, or double click its ISO image, or insert your bootable flash drive with Windows 10, depending on what you have.
Open 'This PC' in File Explorer and note the drive letter of the installation media you have inserted. In my case it is disk D:

- Now open an elevated command prompt and type the following command: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source cheesy:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Note that your (Sourcecheesy: is your CDROM/Removable CD Reader so it could be a different alphabet.

Hope this helps

BohunTechno
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:
Please Help.

My windows start menu, cortana, volume, edge and most microsoft applications no longer open.

What do I do please cry
try restarting.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by esaias1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
ephi123:
Not sure I will go ahead with this upgrade
why? is it because of the bugs?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by oluspicy: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice write up. Am using two laptops... Hp G56 & Compaq Presario CQ57. Both with 4gb RAM & 500HDD. I upgraded the hp to to Windows 8.1 pro & the Compaq with Windows 10.

After deep deep scrutiny on the two operating systems, I discovered that Windows 10 is more more productive than 8.1 version. Besides, I found out that you cannot upgrade to Windows 10 with low RAM (2gb) except 4gb and above. It was also discovered that Microsoft merged Windows 7 & 8 version to to create version 10.

So anyone considering of of upgrading to the version 10, should consider the following:

1. Higher RAM
2. Updated Driver pack ( 2016)
3. Activation

Contact me for more info: 08099822284
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
illusionsbyafo:
Can someone please shut the crap about this windows 10 bla bla bla...It has literally killed my system....it will frustrate theiving day light out of you..i started using the first versions of win10 since last year.I pre registered for it...At first, it was running smootly but then..i started having issues...right now...i cant even use my external mouse as it doesnt recognise any usb adapter i put in it....my laptop mouse just stopped working.....i have tried to reinstall it several times and it keeps giving me an issue or the other...
it should. Wht ur pc spec?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Franky826: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
koolguy88:
woooooooow. windows 10 was really tough for me to download. It took me 3days to complete

congratulations grin
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Temptee101(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Princetolu94:
Window 10 sucks. I Upgraded to window 10 twice n downgrade back to 8.1. After upgrading, Bluetooth won't work, SD card port not working, battery draining very fast, unable to increase or reduce screen brightness. F**k window 10
You just spoke my mind. My battery drains very fast like d speed of light
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by viruz007(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
GoodMuyis:
Why installing Windows 10 when 2019 is closed by when Microsoft will release another stable version.

When MS release Vista many people think it will be stronger and better than Longhorn and XP, but its a woe until 3 years later Win7 fix earlier mistakes. In my Opinion Microsoft is yet to get it straight am waiting for he Next Windows higher than 10.

They announced they are not releasing a new OS for a long time rather they will be making significant patch updates to the OS so do update before the free version becomes unavailable.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Vpleasure(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Princetolu94:
I upgraded mine two months ago.. And downgraded almost immediately.. Everything stopped working and it sucks big time.. Sticking with windows 8.1
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by viruz007(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
XketchDesigns:
My old antivirus is not working on it.

whats the big deal about upgrading? what happend to the normal method of downloading the software and installing it. that how i installed windows 8 on my system.

i have the installation seff..

Very big deal ooo
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
olisafincy:
windows 8.1 still the best if you ask me
nope! 10 is!
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Vpleasure:
I upgraded mine two months ago.. And downgraded almost immediately.. Everything stopped working and it sucks big time.. Sticking with windows 8.1
it's bette than 8. How upgrade n version matters
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
EWAagoyin:
The only problem I'm facing is Bluetooth not working I've tried everything possible installed many Bluetooth drivers still same.
installed many n that's jaming it. The bluetooth inbuilt. So just, uninstall and u installed. Go to updates an check. It will be der

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by MizMyColi(f): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Codes151:
try restarting.

My dear,

I have run windows power shell.

Within powershell, I have tried to do a cleanup.

I have also tried to uninstall/install modern apps

I have reset my PC and by doing that, I lost all my programs

I have tried to open another administrator account as well.
No show

*sighs* cry
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
ITbomb:

Check the device manager and update all drivers

I did but still giving me same problem
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ewosk: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hmmm

Just one Question??

How much will I get 5gb abi 6gb on MTN or Etisalat for all this upgrade alone
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

My dear,

No show

*sighs* cry
open troubleshooter
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ephi123(f): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
esaias1:
why? is it because of the bugs?

well mainly because the current OS (Windows 7) I am using works fine, I still can't see any big benefit of Windows 10 for me.

2 Likes

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

My dear,

No show

*sighs* cry
Wher u based?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Polyflexzy(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
Well you said common issues with windows 10, cos i know windows 10 has more complex issues that are not just drivers related. Like slow to boot up and difficulties in controlling system sounds.

Though it remains the best windows in terms of graphics and user friendly operations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria / HP Elitebook 840 G2 with 1gb graphics card / How To Download Season Movies Free Online With IDM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.